Lymph node....MONO?

Reactive means the nodes is 'reacting' to an infection. Normally when nodes are reacting to infection they are tender.

As soon as I have 10 posts, I can post you a link to the symptoms to keep an eye our for them.

Keep an eye on this nodes. Watch out for them growing larger or more popping up.

It's not just doctors in PR that refuse to test for lymphoma. I know a lot of adults in various countries that have done the same thing. The person knew something was wrong and refused to give up until they got a diagnosis, and they turned out to be right.

What do you mean by tender? Like soft and like a coushin? The Dr. also siad that it will stay like that and when i have an infection, it will grown even bigger. As another DISer said, him making a joke about doing a biopsy was pretty upssetting and rude. Thanks for the information. These past months, I've been getting itchy skin, like once once in awhile.

The skin was NEVER red on top of the node. My parents are convinced that I have nothing, so I can't really do anything, But I really appreciate your concern!:hug: ;)

Disneylover,
Good news with my DS his lymph node they removed was benign so nothing to worry about. I really wasn't worried but I think it made him feel better.

Angela

Great news! Sorry I responded so late...I didn't see your post.:thumbsup2

What do you mean by tender? Like soft and like a coushin? The Dr. also siad that it will stay like that and when i have an infection, it will grown even bigger. As another DISer said, him making a joke about doing a biopsy was pretty upssetting and rude. Thanks for the information. These past months, I've been getting itchy skin, like once once in awhile.

The skin was NEVER red on top of the node. My parents are convinced that I have nothing, so I can't really do anything, But I really appreciate your concern!:hug: ;)

Tender as in sore. I've seen something about the nodes being hard or rubbery, but haven't found it.

This site list the symptoms in simple language.

http://lymphoma.about.com/od/symptoms/tp/warningsigns.htm

These are the symptoms for Mono. (BTW, there is a type of Hodgkins that is associated with the Epstein-Bar Virus (EBV) that causes mono. So having had the virus makes you higher risk for Lymphoma.)

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mononucleosis/DS00352/DSECTION=2

Everything I've read says after an infection, a node should shrink in size. It might not be as tiny as it originally was, but it shouldn't look 'enlarged' either. Imagine if infected nodes never shrunk, and just got bigger every time you got sick. By the time you were 20 they would be HUGE!

Tender as in sore. I've seen something about the nodes being hard or rubbery, but haven't found it.

This site list the symptoms in simple language.

http://lymphoma.about.com/od/symptoms/tp/warningsigns.htm

These are the symptoms for Mono. (BTW, there is a type of Hodgkins that is associated with the Epstein-Bar Virus (EBV) that causes mono. So having had the virus makes you higher risk for Lymphoma.)

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mononucleosis/DS00352/DSECTION=2

Everything I've read says after an infection, a node should shrink in size. It might not be as tiny as it originally was, but it shouldn't look 'enlarged' either. Imagine if infected nodes never shrunk, and just got bigger every time you got sick. By the time you were 20 they would be HUGE![/QUOTE]

I lookes at theose symptoms for MONO, and the only one had at the time was the swollen node, nothing else. I need to correct myself. yes, he said they will get bigger every time I have an infection, bu he also said that after the infection it will return to how big it was before the infection. And, no. It's not sore. Mine's a bit hard, but quite movable.

About getting big and then shrinking again, makes sense.

Are they currently the largest they've been, or did they shrink down from their largest size?

Are they big enough to be measured so you can keep track? I remember being able to feel mine just below where the upper and lower jaws connect, but I don't remember them ever being visible.

About getting big and then shrinking again, makes sense.

Are they currently the largest they've been, or did they shrink down from their largest size?

Are they big enough to be measured so you can keep track? I remember being able to feel mine just below where the upper and lower jaws connect, but I don't remember them ever being visible.

They've shrinked a bit since the first time it appeared. And, yes, it is big enough to being measured. Mine is visible. I remeber that like one or two times my mom has said to me that when she looked at me a few feet away from her, she could see this bump in my neck.

Well, I think I told you guys that the last time I went to the DR., he found another swollen node that I didn't even know about.(it's in my left side) Anyways, well, that"new" node is getting a bit bigger, but it's not as big as the one in my right. Anyways, I just posted this to update you guys!:goodvibes

Well, I think I told you guys that the last time I went to the DR., he found another swollen node that I didn't even know about.(it's in my left side) Anyways, well, that"new" node is getting a bit bigger, but it's not as big as the one in my right. Anyways, I just posted this to update you guys!:goodvibes

Let's clarify.

Have any of the nodes shrunk and stayed smaller?

Do you have a cold, sore throat, or any sign of being sick or an infection?

The node that is growing, is it warm, sore (like a pimple or infection) when you touch it?

Where are all the nodes located? Different areas of the body drain to different areas of the lymph system.

Let's clarify.

Have any of the nodes shrunk and stayed smaller?

Do you have a cold, sore throat, or any sign of being sick or an infection?

The node that is growing, is it warm, sore (like a pimple or infection) when you touch it?

Where are all the nodes located? Different areas of the body drain to different areas of the lymph system.

1. (a)Okay. The node that appeared in November has gotten about half-inch smaller. It is currently at almost 3cm, or a bit over an inch. (b) the node that my doctor found like two weeks ago,which I didn't even know it was enlarged, hs gotten slightly bigger. It us currently at 1.5 cm, it's small. This one is much smaller. it is very soft. But no, it is not warm.

2.No, I do not have any symptoms of being sick, or having an infection.

3. There are only two nodes enlarged.(that I know of). One is on my right side of the neck, a bit before the ear, under my jaw.
The second one is more close to my chin, on the left side of my neck.

Thanks for showing much concern about this, which no1 in my family really did care.

Hi!
Just an UPDTAE:
Well, my mom thought about getting me vaccined for the Flu or something, since I'm getting frequent infections. That's what she said.
Yesteraday night, I coughed and my ribs hurt realy bad. Didn't think much of it.
Today, I went to school, obviously, and had a regular day. Again, when I coughed, my ribs hurt and I think I tasted a bit of blood in my mouth.:confused3 I know, it's the wierdest thing. On the good side, I got a 90 on my Math test! Only three people got A's! I was one of them!:cool1: :cool1: lol

So, how are you guys doing?

First, congrats on your Math test!

I don't think your family doesn't care, I think they just believe it's not serious, and maybe it's not. It's hard to tell just in words, specially when the doctor doesn't really want to test.

If you had a dry cough, maybe you irritated your throat and that's where the blood taste comes from. Obviously if you start to cough up a lot of blood, you'd want to go to the Emergency Room.

A little coughing could be something as simple as an irritation but if you have any trouble breathing or start coughing worse, it could be the node in your chest.

Hopefully these things will go away and it will all be a false alarm.

First, congrats on your Math test!

I don't think your family doesn't care, I think they just believe it's not serious, and maybe it's not. It's hard to tell just in words, specially when the doctor doesn't really want to test.

If you had a dry cough, maybe you irritated your throat and that's where the blood taste comes from. Obviously if you start to cough up a lot of blood, you'd want to go to the Emergency Room.

A little coughing could be something as simple as an irritation but if you have any trouble breathing or start coughing worse, it could be the node in your chest.

Hopefully these things will go away and it will all be a false alarm.

Thanks for the info! Wow, you know so much!:thumbsup2 Please keep me updated about you. You've become my friend as well as the others who have posted here and shared my concern! An yes, it was a dry cough.

I had Hodgkins Lymphoma so I'm familiar with not only the signs, but how doctors on checking for every bizarre infection they can think of being checking for Lymphoma.

I'm also really good at Googling. ;)

I also post on the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society message board with other survivors and caregivers and have learned so much from them.

I had Hodgkins Lymphoma so I'm familiar with not only the signs, but how doctors on checking for every bizarre infection they can think of being checking for Lymphoma.

I'm also really good at Googling. ;)

I also post on the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society message board with other survivors and caregivers and have learned so much from them.

Thanks! You're a very good Googler!:rotfl:

Today I had a major headache, mild migrane. I am so stressed with school! It ends in May 26!:cool1: :banana:

The question right now is to figure if you have an infection that is causing the cough and the node to grow.

Or if there is a node in the chest causing the cough.

Today, I had this really acute pain in one specific part in my chest. Did not cough today, but I did taste blood like 2 times. But other than that, I have no other symptom of an infection.

Hey there!

I've got a small (just under jelly-bean size) node on the right side of my neck as well. It's been there for quite a while but hasn't gotten any bigger and sometimes does shrink down.

I've seen my doctor on multiple occasions for it and have had an ultrasound done to check its size/look for others. So far, none. Very rarely is it sore and I often forget it's even there. However, I have it checked every 6 months or so and may just ask to have it biopsied to be on the safe side. My doctor has left it up to me and said he will do everything he can to have my insurance approve the procedure should we decide to go ahead.

He has said it he isn't overly concerned since it:
-hasn't gotten bigger
-is pliable to the touch
-is movable within my neck
-is relatively small

He also mentioned that they can get enflamed for MANY reasons and that one of them is related to feline-allergy (though for the life of me I can't remember exactly what he called it). He actually had a Lymphoma survivor who thought she was in the clear, ended up feeling another enlarged node, and when they removed it, it was this feline thing and not cancer at all! (Thank goodness.) He also said that any type of respiratory infection or mouth infection (basically upper body stuff) can cause this inflammation of them in the neck.

HOWEVER...go with what your gut tells you. Seems like you've been keeping an eye on it and that's a good thing. If, in the long run, you and your mom aren't happy with what this doc is saying, ask for a referral elsewhere. Your health is paramount!

Best of luck!

:flower3:

Are you thinking of Cat Scratch Fever.

Nodes normally are the size of jelly beans. At least the little gourmet ones.

If it's only getting a little bigger and feels tender at the same time it's probably just fighting infection. I would just keep an eye on it and if it grows bigger, then have it checked.

Usually before the do a biopsy, they do a CT scan to make sure there aren't other swollen nodes.

Here's a good site with basic information on nodes.
http://www.lymphoma.ca/kyn/en/default.htm

Are you thinking of Cat Scratch Fever.

Nodes normally are the size of jelly beans. At least the little gourmet ones.

If it's only getting a little bigger and feels tender at the same time it's probably just fighting infection. I would just keep an eye on it and if it grows bigger, then have it checked.

Usually before the do a biopsy, they do a CT scan to make sure there aren't other swollen nodes.

Here's a good site with basic information on nodes.
http://www.lymphoma.ca/kyn/en/default.htm

Hi! Thanks for the link. I'll definitely check it out.

The reason we were concerned is because we could never feel it before. But the doc's not overly concerned and the CT scan had a pretty positive outcome.

I know he didn't mean cat scratch fever (that would've had me breaking out in song in the exam room LOL). It actually had more to do with being allergic to kitties and being exposed to them all the time (which I am and I am).

It's good to hear from a survivor, by the way. When I first felt the lump I was TERRIFIED. All I could think of is lymphoma and that my days would be numbered (I have a penchant for hypochondria, can you tell? :sad2: ). I want to congratulate you on beating it and wish you all the best for the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter