• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lowes Hotel Sale .. 3/11/

And yet another amended update to the promo guidelines for Universal bookings... does this even make sense?

Availability at Universal Orlando*:
3-Night Minimum Stay: April 21 through May 13
4-Night Minimum Stay: March 11 through June 30
*Subject to availability.

I guess they're trying to say you (now) have to stay 4 nights except for those 3 weeks and 1 day between 4/21-5/13

They have taken down they're original post on their fb page along w/all the customer comments and complaints. (It's like we never existed!) New graphics and "clarified" terms to the sale. No apology, just "we appreciated our customers comments", no you don't you just deleted them all! Sour grapes for this girl :(

The "cyber spring forward" rates for end of May are disappointing - they are the exact same as the stay more rates. SOOOO disappointed in this hype! ....though - it met my expectations - it's exactly what I figured would happen.

APH rates are better - even after buying the AP.

I would like to make one thing clear to those of you who are having bad feelings towards Universal over this whole Loews screw up.

Universal does not own or operate any of the onsite resorts...this is not their fault...its Loews' fault.

If you feel the need to scratch Universal from your travel plans due to this incident, that's a real shame.

Again...Universal did not have anything to do with this whole fiasco and I understand people being upset...just be upset at the correct party.

I think most here understand that and I, for one, have directed my complaints only to Loews but unless this is remedied in some way I will not be booking onsite again after my June stay.

I will also be sure to spend as little as possible at any of the 3 hotels while I'm there. There are plenty of other restaurants at City Walk and in the parks to choose from.

Staying at any Loews property anywhere in the US or Canada in the future is definitely out.

While I am aware this is a Loew's issue, there is clearly a partnership of sorts with Universal. Otherwise, there would not be the cross promotions. Universal should/could get involved.

And I just this minute got the email notifying me the promotion has started! Thanks Loews!

It is such a shame that Loews did this. All they had to do was to say that the Universal Hotels were excluded.

They have taken down they're original post on their fb page along w/all the customer comments and complaints. (It's like we never existed!) New graphics and "clarified" terms to the sale. No apology, just "we appreciated our customers comments", no you don't you just deleted them all! Sour grapes for this girl :(

The original thread is still there. It is in the right side column.

I would like to make one thing clear to those of you who are having bad feelings towards Universal over this whole Loews screw up.

Universal does not own or operate any of the onsite resorts...this is not their fault...its Loews' fault.

If you feel the need to scratch Universal from your travel plans due to this incident, that's a real shame.

Again...Universal did not have anything to do with this whole fiasco and I understand people being upset...just be upset at the correct party.

Nothing to do with Universal as metro says, but really did you expect to be saving loads on a Universal 1 or 2 night stay or even a weeks stay, always found better rates with triple A or stay more, or with third party bookings

Loads? No. Something? Yes.... and for 3 nights, absolutely.

I agree.

We are staying 7 nights. I wasn't expecting a full 40% off the lowest possible rate, but something slightly better than the normal "stay more save more" would have been nice!

Staying 7 nights with the stay more rates are going to be prob the best rate you are going to get. I stay with the Stay more over the last lot of years , and this has always been the best rate you will get , even comparing it to the AP rates.

I think the stay more save more gives about 30% off if you stay 7 days. I thought maybe this would be changed to 40% and that there would be some sort of discount for one and two night stays that would account to more than the AAA rate.

I honesty don't know why they even advertised it. They just set themselves up for a lot of unhappy customers.

Did anyone get an email reply?

I got a generic apology asking for my dates and alternative dates and locations, so they could make it right!

I'm already booked so it doesn't matter.

For my dates the single night rate is 404.00. The 7 night save more stay more is 303.

So by adding the cyber spring sale, the rate stayed the same, but we got free wifi. My kids will be happy .... they can OVOO their friends from the room:rotfl:

I too got an apology. They asked for dates and alternatives including other locations. I said I was flexible with dates so we'll see. They claim they will make it right. I'll post the rate when they get back to me.

OK, I have a standard 2 queen room booked for the PBH, dates: 12 May through 17 May for a total of 5 nights. My quoted rate is 231.75 with the SM/SM rates. Checking the sale, I could move to the HRH and save $15 a night. Just fifteen dollars.

Business must be good for them, with the "improving economy as proven by the surging DOW and wonderful jobs reports". Apparently they don't need to offer deep discounts to get the public traveling again.

yep, not sure i'd call it generic:confused3.

generic in that it was a form letter with inserts for my name and dates. It did not address some specific information that I included about my specific issue.

It would be my guess that we all got the exact same letter.

I also got an email reply this evening. I can not be flexible with my dates. It wil be interesting to see what they do to make this right. I currently have 1 night booked at a AAA rate of $297 after all taxes/fees. I hope it is better than that.

HaHaHa...just got an email promoting this sale! I blame nobody but myself for expecting a deal " too good to be true!" (for the record...my APH rates totally blew away the "sale-price"...).
H E double hockey sticks....I'm going to Universal anyway...and I guess I just didn't need all that time I just wasted on Lowe's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter