Looking for Adventure in the Great Wide Somewhere a PTR

Not to add to your confusion but after staying Value this past week, I have said to myself that any trips in the near future will be at least moderate. I can't relax at the Values, I don't know why but I can't. I'm a deluxe gal at heart.

I think as far as inviting your friend along, you should give it some time and just think on it. I know when the chance to invite Jen on my trip came up, I didn't hesitate, I knew we would have fun. We are both really similar and I was confident that it would work out...and it did. I did enjoy my solo time too though, I think I had a nice balance. Not too lonely but not too overwhelmed by others either. :thumbsup2

I actually had gone online to see if I'd be able to upgrade to the entire week at WL if my friend comes. Unfortunately they don't have any standard view rooms available for the first part of the week. Of course I did realize that splitting the cost I'd be able to stay at the Boardwalk for less than what I'm paying now. Dangerous thing that Disney math! :lmao:

I actually had gone online to see if I'd be able to upgrade to the entire week at WL if my friend comes. Unfortunately they don't have any standard view rooms available for the first part of the week. Of course I did realize that splitting the cost I'd be able to stay at the Boardwalk for less than what I'm paying now. Dangerous thing that Disney math! :lmao:
Boardwalk is like my total dream resort. There is just something about it that draws me in. I would be on the phone inviting if I were you. ;) :rotfl2:

Thanks for the advice. I keep trying to make a decision and keep flipping back and forth. I think I'l be fine with whatever I do.

Your in Germany? That is so wonderful. I went there the year I graduated high school and loved it. It was so beautiful. Didn't go to Berlin, but loved the parts I did get to see.

I am glad that you liked Germany! :goodvibes I am just in Berlin temporarily, but original I am from Bavaria. I guess you went there on your trip. Munich tends to be a must see for most tourists.

I am glad that you liked Germany! :goodvibes I am just in Berlin temporarily, but original I am from Bavaria. I guess you went there on your trip. Munich tends to be a must see for most tourists.

It was a school sponsored educational trip. We did fly into Munich, and spent the next 10 days traveling to a few different countries. We had overnight stays in Vienna, Innsbrook, Lucerne, Heidlberg and Munich. It just flew by, and one of my most memorable moments of the trip was spending the 4th of July on Lake Lucerne. Everything was just so beautiful. I think we all wished we had more time to spend in the smaller places getting to meet more people. The bigger cities were nice, but in many ways they felt like they could be any American city somethimes.

Tough call Crissy...
As someone who was single until I was in my 30's I understand the value of having a good vacation girlfriend to go with you. So that also means that I understand the need for alone time even when you are vacationing together. I would suggest that if you decided to invite your friend that you invite her to join the trip you have already planned and tell her that you need your two days off to yourself..she would have to fend for herself on those days...sort of a take it or leave it situation but of course said much nicer than that! :rotfl2: That doesnt' mean you wouldn't want to change some dinning plans if it was the 2 of you.

I think your decision should be based on what you need....do you need this week to be independent and explore by yourself and a break from "pleasing" other people....or to you just need to get away and have some fun which would be enjoyable with a friend.

And by Golly Girl! Take yourself out for a sit down meal....I still do it even now that I'm married and have kids. Bring a book....it's helps for the first time.

Tough call Crissy...
As someone who was single until I was in my 30's I understand the value of having a good vacation girlfriend to go with you. So that also means that I understand the need for alone time even when you are vacationing together. I would suggest that if you decided to invite your friend that you invite her to join the trip you have already planned and tell her that you need your two days off to yourself..she would have to fend for herself on those days...sort of a take it or leave it situation but of course said much nicer than that! :rotfl2: That doesnt' mean you wouldn't want to change some dinning plans if it was the 2 of you.

I think your decision should be based on what you need....do you need this week to be independent and explore by yourself and a break from "pleasing" other people....or to you just need to get away and have some fun which would be enjoyable with a friend.

The more I thought about this over the weekend, and the more I went back and forth on the matter, the more I realized that really I'll be happy no matter what I chose. It's not like there is really a "right" answer. I'll have fun either way. What I think I want now, might not be what I'm in the mood for 6 months from now, so really I'm just going to have to flip a coin and go with it. :lmao: I am going to make sure that I have some me time no matter which I chose. My last vacation made me realize how important that is.

And by Golly Girl! Take yourself out for a sit down meal....I still do it even now that I'm married and have kids. Bring a book....it's helps for the first time.

I don't know why I've never had a sit-down meal by myself. I've taken weekend trips alone, flown alone, and go to movies and plays by myself all the time. I don't know why I haven't done this yet.

I don't know why I've never had a sit-down meal by myself. I've taken weekend trips alone, flown alone, and go to movies and plays by myself all the time. I don't know why I haven't done this yet.

When I first started doing this for whatever reason I was all sorts of nervous about it. Lunch was the easiest way to ease into it. Now I LOVE treating myself out to a lunch with moi and moi only!

I rarely get the opportunity to anymore, but I used to LOVE going out to eat by myself, and even more so to the movies by myself. That I can still sneak in every now and then, and I highly recommend it. If I'm remembering correctly you work part time at a theater, so that may not be as exciting for you, but I'm with Heidi, definitely bring a book to your first meal out, it certainly does help ease in. :thumbsup2

Hmmm, that does potentially sway the equation. :goodvibes

I rarely get the opportunity to anymore, but I used to LOVE going out to eat by myself, and even more so to the movies by myself. That I can still sneak in every now and then, and I highly recommend it. If I'm remembering correctly you work part time at a theater, so that may not be as exciting for you, but I'm with Heidi, definitely bring a book to your first meal out, it certainly does help ease in. :thumbsup2

Your so right about the movie theater! :) I've been there for ages, so seeing a movie on my own just doesn't hold much magic anymore. Still, seeing movies by myself is my favorite way to go. I love that there is no one to try to start talking to me during the show, so I can just immerse myself in the film.

I'm doing the same thing this year with Broadway shows. My new year's resolution was to see one show a month. I've brought my mom along for a couple this year, and gone with a friend too, but I'm really loving going by myself.

Hmmm, that does potentially sway the equation. :goodvibes

It does make it more tempting, doesn't it?

I think I've made a decision. Or at least, I keep thinking that I've made a decision and then I waffle and change my mind again. :sad2: What can I say, no one is ever going to accuse me of being too decisive. :rotfl: Oddly enough my friend is the exact same way. Back when she used to live closer to me, we had to come up with rules for choosing where to go for dinner. If one of us asked the other what they wanted to do for dinner, the other one had to pick. No excuses. Otherwise we'd play the "I don't care, what do you want to do" game all night and end up eating nothing.

I will be making a decision today. I'm imposing the deadline on myself.

Good luck with your decision deadline! I can be the same way about certain things. Somethings I have no problem coming to a decision and sticking with it, other things take me forever and then I go back and forth doubting myself.

Good luck with your decision deadline! I can be the same way about certain things. Somethings I have no problem coming to a decision and sticking with it, other things take me forever and then I go back and forth doubting myself.

I swear I've changed my mind back and forth about 4 times today alone. I don't know why I'm so indecisive. :confused3

Aw. LL, honey, let's just be brutally honest here. You're a fan of ANY list. :rotfl:

And I mean that only with love. :hug:

You know while I was typing that I didn't even put pro/con list and list together. I clearly have list issues. :lmao: Though I do love any list, the pro/con list wasn't a big thing for me until Gilmore Girls. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter