Looking at 2016

We're planning for April-ish 2016! I'm due with our first baby in late March/early April this year and we're planning on taking her to WDW for her first birthday. She's not even born yet but I'm so excited to plan this trip!!

We're hoping to keep with our every 3 year trend (2010 for our honeymoon and 2013) and go in 2016! I'm a teacher, so we're limited on when we can go. Right now we are thinking either June or my fall break in October. October may win out because airfare from CA is ultra expensive in June. Plus, we like to experience different things. Our May 2013 trip was Flower & Garden and SWW, and October would mean MNSSHP and Food & Wine. Our dream is a Christmas time trip (Osborne lights are a bucket list item for me!), but the prices and crowds have been the deterrent. Thanksgiving week is the same issue - expensive flights, etc.

It's still so far in the future, but it's always worth the wait! We'll probably do POR again (it's home!), unless we decide to try out the whole renting points thing and fulfill another dream of staying in the Epcot resort area.

DH and I were just talking about our 2016 trip. We were thinking of going in June when the kids get out of school. Instead of flying, he would like to drive so we could tack on a couple of nights at Universal Studios too :goodvibes. Don't know the exact dates or where we are wanting to stay yet, but since we are DVC members and will be banking this years points into next year, I am thinking a nice 2 bedroom at maybe BLT (our home resort) in a Theme Park View for 7 nights with maybe 3 nights at US/IOA :thumbsup2.

We are planning on taking our 1st trip in June 2016, I originally wanted to go to Disneyland next year, but after looking at everything I decided that Disneyworld is where we want to be...but that means more planning & more $$! So I'm starting to save right now. We went on a Disney Cruise in Jan. 2013, so I'm itching to try something new! My daughter will be 7 when we go, she loves everything Disney is about. I can't wait!
We are going in June 2016 as well. Staying at POR!

We are going in June 2016 as well. Staying at POR!

You will love POR! We've stayed there our last 2 trips - first time in the mansions and the second time in Alligator Bayou. Loved both sections for different reasons. It's SUCH a gorgeous resort. Make sure to take the boat to DTD while you're there. So fun. :)

We are planning June now, probably leaving the day after my last day of school (I'm a teacher). Trying to catch the last day of Star Wars weekends, which is also our 6th anniversary! Hoping for June 11-19 at BWV this time. We're going to try renting DVC points so we can afford to stay in the Epcot resort area because of our great love for Epcot. :)

You will love POR! We've stayed there our last 2 trips - first time in the mansions and the second time in Alligator Bayou. Loved both sections for different reasons. It's SUCH a gorgeous resort. Make sure to take the boat to DTD while you're there. So fun. :)

We are planning June now, probably leaving the day after my last day of school (I'm a teacher). Trying to catch the last day of Star Wars weekends, which is also our 6th anniversary! Hoping for June 11-19 at BWV this time. We're going to try renting DVC points so we can afford to stay in the Epcot resort area because of our great love for Epcot. :)
I teach as well and we are going June 12-19. My husband and son would go nuts about Star Wars Weekend but the state is playing with our state date so I feared we could be in school or have snow make up days if we left earlier. Enjoy your 6th anniversary!

I teach as well and we are going June 12-19. My husband and son would go nuts about Star Wars Weekend but the state is playing with our state date so I feared we could be in school or have snow make up days if we left earlier. Enjoy your 6th anniversary!

Wow, very similar dates! Ugh, snow days tacked on the end of the year must be so frustrating for planning! I live in CA so we don't have that. Otherwise I definitely wouldn't be leaving the day after my last day!

Enjoy your trip when it comes! :) (And enjoy all the planning - I love the planning part!)

Wow, very similar dates! Ugh, snow days tacked on the end of the year must be so frustrating for planning! I live in CA so we don't have that. Otherwise I definitely wouldn't be leaving the day after my last day!

Enjoy your trip when it comes! :) (And enjoy all the planning - I love the planning part!)

Funny I grew up in La Palma California and my grandparents lived on Ocean Avenue in Seal Brach until a few years ago when some investment company bought them out:( Missing the sunshine and beach!

Yep, we're eying October 2016. Trying to get in before DD turns 10! DD wants to be surprised and DH and I are planning all kinds of ways to let the kids know. The good thing is I keep bringing it up and asking them what they want to do and when we start next year, I will likely just stop talking about it (to them -- everyone else, beware!). We're likely going to start with the dark side, US, and a US resort, as 3 of 4 are big Harry Potter fans. Then we will move to WDW but to the Hilton Lake Buena Vista. So very sad to not move straight to a WDW property but DH has a ton of Hilton points and we just can't turn down free nights, when we can use the savings toward a nicer room for the rest of our WDW stay. Then we will hopefully move to BCV, VWL, BLT or AKLV. Not looking forward to 3 hotel moves but between the US pseudo-fast pass system and the free nights, it just works out that way. Pretty excited to be planning their first trip to WDW and DH's and my first trip back in decades.

Wow, I started this thread a long time ago.

We are still planning on October 2016 - it will just be me and my daughter - we are both very excited!

Planning on April 2016 (just me and my youngest daughter) and August 2016 (the whole family)!

We are planning on June 2016 - I was hoping for June 2015, BUT something came up and we had to cancel it.:headache::sad::sad::sad:

So, now I've got 2016 in the works!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter