• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking at 2016

Eoywin

Chaos Mandy
We just got back a few days ago from our latest trip to the World. Because of other expenses and DH not being super fond of Disney we are looking at September 2016 for our next trip.

Anyone else planning that far out?

I know I'm taking a 2-week trip in January 2016 for a major birthday. I won't really plan much for a while yet though...

We have started the every 2 year plan - we are going in 2014 so if we stick with that plan we will plan on going again sometime in 2016!

Nothing definite yet...but oldest dd will have over a month off from graduate school sometime in the spring of 2016...so we're talking about taking a 2-week trip to Disney! :cool1:

Won't know specific dates for quite some time though!

I'm having Disney withdrawal so even though it's far in advance, I like to think that Disney is in my future :goodvibes

We just got back on Sunday. I was already looking at when we could come back while on vacation, jotting down things we liked, didn't like, what we want to try next time, how much we'd want to budget, where we'd want to stay, etc. Looks like August 2016 for us right now. Need to save, save, save. :scratchin

I'm not really going to PLAN right now, more budget and scope things out a bit. We'll have a couple of other vacations in the meantime too, including a big 70th birthday celebration for my Dad in Washington D.C. over July 4th - that will be a doosy whether we fly or drive since we live in MN. :faint:

Even though it's still a long way off, I'm starting to plan our next trip.

My husband is opting not to come so it will be just me and my daughter. We'll probably go at the beginning of October and right now we are planning on staying in a Little Mermaid room at AoA.

Subscribing to the thread!

Visiting the World in May ... probably not going in 2015 (unless we receive a really nice bounce back offer during our May visit) and looking at a trip in April / May of 2016!

We love WDW but we aren't planning on heading back until late 2016 (possibly January 2017 for my 40th). We like long, relaxing trips. So it takes awhile for us to save. Airfare from Idaho is ridiculous. It will cost over 1500 for the 5 of us to fly (not including the 300 mile drive to the airport). :sad2:

Time flies like crazy, so it doesn't seem too far. But far enough for me to be a little sad. One thing that is keeping my mind off of it is scrapbooking our last trip (Oct 2013) and daydreaming about all the crafty stuff I want to make for our next trip. Pinterest has some great ideas. Disney Movie nights are also a fun distraction.

Happy early planning everyone!

:hourglass

We just went in January and are already planning a trip back in January of 2016. We took our daughter for the first time this year, and she was planning our next trip back before we even left! :) She will be 12 in 2016, so we definitely want to go and take advantage of the Bibbidi Bobbedi Boutique one more time before she ages out of it. It may be a while off but I am SO excited! We learned a lot this last trip about what to do and not to do. For example - our moderate hotel was well worth the extra money, but the dining plan wasn't. And we will also wait until the second week of January instead of the first - crowds will thin out a lot more. So excited to go back!!!!

We are planning on taking our 1st trip in June 2016, I originally wanted to go to Disneyland next year, but after looking at everything I decided that Disneyworld is where we want to be...but that means more planning & more $$! So I'm starting to save right now. We went on a Disney Cruise in Jan. 2013, so I'm itching to try something new! My daughter will be 7 when we go, she loves everything Disney is about. I can't wait!

We just got back a few days ago from our latest trip to the World. Because of other expenses and DH not being super fond of Disney we are looking at September 2016 for our next trip.

Anyone else planning that far out?

February 2016 here! We will be celebrating a few things.. First trip (for me and our two girls, DH went as a kid), our youngest daughter's birthday (she will be 3 on 2/14/16) and renewing our vows on our anniversary (will be 7 years on February 7, 2016! :woohoo:)

Since it's my first time I have been in super research mode and my oldest (who is almost 5) comes and sits on my lap whenever she sees me looking at anything Disney related on the computer. She has been asking if we can start a countdown to Disney like we did in December for Christmas (clearly she gets my enthusiasm lol) Looking at hotels, scoping out menus for my picky kids and hubby, and trying to get an idea of how much we should save. I have a private board on Pinterest that has about 200 pins of Disney tips/to-do's/etc. I'm a nut. It's fun. :hyper:

I've been dreaming of Disney more and more lately - saw a commercial for Mine Train yesterday!

Wishing we were going back sooner but feeling happy that I'll get to go at all. :wizard:

If all goes according to plan, I will be graduating from college in May 2016!
After that I hope to be moving back down to Orlando to do another College Program or Professional Internship with Disney in the summer/fall of that year.

I spent seven amazing months working at WDW at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort and Epcot from May 2013 to January 2014, and now I'm back at school finishing my degree. Hopefully I'll be able to have a quick visit or two between now and when I graduate but, if not, 2016 it is! :goodvibes

We go every 2 years.......this year, so 2016 also.....Jan., Oct and Dec.
No really planning yet though

DSis and I just got back from a short weekend trip and my Dad is already talking about wanting a family vacation for his birthday next year. I think it's more do-able money wise to aim for 2016, so that's where my sights are set. Doesn't seem super far away when we have all of our vacation videos from the past to watch. To him, it's an eternity.

2016 seems super far to me :( But it's just not feasible any sooner for me.

But 2014 is going by fast and once 2015 rolls around, I can say, "I'm going to Disney World next year" :goodvibes

We were there for our honeymoon, 10th anniversary, and are well into the planning stage for our 20th anniversary. We plan to go for 20 days, one for every year we'll have been together!

I'm sure it'll be the most over planned trip ever! We're both Disney nuts and don't get to the East Coast often so there's a lot we're hoping to do and see. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter