Long time between trips, feeling like i dont belong

Since we have no plans of going any time soon, I like to vacation vicariously thru other people. I go to the trip reports thread and read about other people's trips. You'd be amazed how many good writers are over there. Some are just downright hilarious! and most have tons of pictures so you feel like you're right there with them. And trust me, the time will go fast! Just put a little aside every week and before you know it, you'll be back! Like a prior poster wrote, Disney is a way of life. So don't go anywhere!!popcorn::

The thing that bothers me is that I read and learn, but can't contribute since I'm not down there to see stuff and write about it.

Actually you can contribute. Some of us have been so frequently that we just don't think of questions that would occur to you. Asking questions will help spur discussion by the podcasters on the show and us here that may help you and others in similar positions. :teacher:

Congrats on your little one...and enjoy every minute it certaintly goes by too fast. We started vacationing in Disney in 2004 when my kids were 3 and 4. We have gone for two weeks every year.They r now 11 and 13. And guess what now that my oldest will be going to highschool and our business obligations, Disney vacations after our 2013 vacation will be on hold til ?. We do plan on going out with a bang and plan and doing everything we possibly can. I could cry now thinking that, but I will still lurk around here to live vicarisally thru others, keep udated. I dont read books I read DIS boards.

As we live in Scotland we go every other year to our favourite place but WDW is never far from my thoughts.
The podcasts are a wonderful way of keeping me up to date with the changes at WDW.
Our little cocker spaniel enjoys when I get my iPhone out and my earphones as she knows she will get a walk as I listen to Pete and co.
Planning is half the fun and you would be surprised what you know that might contribute to someone else's trip.
Congrats on the baby,our DD was a 18months our first trip and we had lots of fun!

We're at the other end of the spectrum. My daughter just finished college and is looking for jobs, and my son just entered the Marines in June. I soooo envy those with small children with their whole family life in front of them. My favorite memory in life is watching my six year old son's first ride on BTMR--the joy on his face will never be forgotten. Our last trip was 2008 (the photo below).

We're talking about meeting at Shades of Green in the future--not sure when, but sometime next year or the year after (more likely).

Enjoy your time with the little ones--it goes far too quickly.

Thanks everyone. I may have found a way to indulge my Disney side. I've been offered the opportunity to be an authorized Disney travel agent part time. I'm thinking I'm going to try, but Disney has really aggressive quotas and I'm afraid of failing. I have confirmed with the agency that I can do it on nights and weekends, and I won't have to be "on-call" 24/7 if my clients have a crisis. They have a support network for that.

I really appreciate all the thoughts and well wishes from the people on this board. You keep my spirits and hopes up, and my anxieties low.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter