• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lone Dis'ers Cruising the Magic or Wonder

Kidcruiser - have an awesome trip and bring back some memories for us!!! I wish I would have waited to buy a DCL coloring book on eBay (I paid $12 for it)... you could have sent me one for much less!!! :rotfl2:

I wanted it for Noah's stocking to get him excited for the trip even though it's so far away yet!!! I'm grounded from eBay now... :earseek:

Enjoy, have fun... and here's a toast to smooth sailing for you... :drinking1

Kidcruiser: Happy cruising! & great weather :sunny: :wizard:

Kimmielee: You reminded me of my ebay bid! I almost forgot. Got till tommorrow morning to find out. ;) Then I'm cut off. :earseek:

Well hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving! Mky princess:

pirate: I was just getting used to this little thread, and my thread for our cruise finally got another cruiser. :smooth: Guess we won't be on ship by ourselves after all.

mky princess:

Kidcruiser is sailing right NOW!!!! Here I sit in Michigan with 8 inches of the white stuff.... BRRRRRR :cold:

Muushka said:
:wave: Hi everyone. Muushka and the Mr. are traveling ALONE on the 12/22/05 Christmas Wonder cruise. Amazing, isn't it?? :confused3

But I will get excited with all of you!! :grouphug:

Oh, and we are actually from NC. :rotfl:

:wave: Hello from Vegas!

My DS and I will be on this sailing with you. As you can see, I am new to posting...but have been lurking on these boards for months!!! Not so much a stalker, but you truly can find the answer to everything if you just read the posts...with the help of the search function of course.

We are very excited...this will be our 2nd cruise, our first on DCL.

Jen

Vegas from NC.... now that's a change of environment!! How old is your son? What made you decide to sail at Christmas? I'm so jealous that it's coming up so soon for you and Muushka, but our cruise does get closer each and every day! :cheer2: :banana: :cool1:

Dominic is 10. He is just getting over the flu, he had me nervous. The Dr. said he should be fine by next Wednesday ~ when we leave. Thank goodness!!

We decided to cruise over Christmas to get away from the family. LOL. They are wonderful, but way too much drama! We were going to go over Thanksgiving on the Magic, but had to change it in May. I got a new job and couldn't take that much time off at the start of a new job!

We are both looking forward to sailing! Dominic has wanted to go for years, so I told him to start saving. Well he did...and saved half of the cost!! My sister went on the land/sea in 2003 for her honeymoon and loved it.

I'm a plan-a-holic, and these boards have been a lifesaver. Everyone is so positive, helpful, and supportive. It's like an online Disneyland!

Thanks again!

Honu13 said:
:wave: Hello from Vegas!

My DS and I will be on this sailing with you. As you can see, I am new to posting...but have been lurking on these boards for months!!! Not so much a stalker, but you truly can find the answer to everything if you just read the posts...with the help of the search function of course.

We are very excited...this will be our 2nd cruise, our first on DCL.

Jen

Finally,another Dec 22 criuser and I got the message AFTER we left for FL!!

We just got back tonight and I am sorry we missed you, but we hope your time was as great as ours!! Loved that cruise.....

It has been weeks since I last checked in. Glad it is still going. I just checked to see if anyone posted my cruise date on the main cruise meet thread--nope!! I spoke to a dcl rep yesterday and she told me they were full for that cruise. I can not believe I am the only dis'er on the boat!!

I have 7 weeks to go. :banana: I am now leaarning the art of desinging and printing my own shirt transfers. :rotfl2: I am not a creative sort! This should be interesting!!

Muushka, Honu13 & Kidcruiser, if you are still with us, how was your cruise?

Happy New Year to all of you..... Tomorrow will be the YEAR of our cruises!!!

I can NOT wait!! :banana:

I've been seeing someone (on and off) for the last few years and I'm thinking of inviting him on the first leg of our WDW trip, but not the cruise. Would that seem odd? :confused3

Well, I'm making homemade chicken noodle soup for him today (bad cold that needs nurturing) so I'm off to slave over the stove...

I hope everyone has a great New Year... stay safe!! :flower:

travel with kids said:
It has been weeks since I last checked in. Glad it is still going. I just checked to see if anyone posted my cruise date on the main cruise meet thread--nope!! I spoke to a dcl rep yesterday and she told me they were full for that cruise. I can not believe I am the only dis'er on the boat!!

I have 7 weeks to go. :banana: I am now leaarning the art of desinging and printing my own shirt transfers. :rotfl2: I am not a creative sort! This should be interesting!!

Muushka, Honu13 & Kidcruiser, if you are still with us, how was your cruise?

Hi :wave: Musshka here. Thanks for asking! Well, in a word, it was WONDERFUL :cheer2: . We were very apprehensive about cruising again because we did a 7 day last March '04 and had 30 foot seas and gale force winds. Pretty scary. This Dec 22 cruise we had waves that at their highest were 8 feet (and that was only the first night. After that, it was as you say 'smooth sailing'!). The weather was great. Nassau and Castaway Cay were both sunny and warm (mid 70s). The sea day was warm also. And those beautiful smooth waters.

I must say that spending Christmas Eve and Christmas day on a Disney cruise is a very special time. The castmembers on board were all so nice and wanting to make everyone's time special.

We were able to make Palo reservations on-line at 90 days out, so that worked out great. We once again thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at the dinner (on the Nassau night-lovely looking out on the city while the sun set), and brunch on Christmas day. One tiny snafu was being seated next to someone who was very verbal in their opinions concerning Christmas. Ordinarily I would have been interested in what they had to say (could not help but hear as they were talking very loudly), but somehow on Christmas day I simply could not hear one more word. We asked to be moved and Viola! All was perfect once again. Food and service was, as always, superb.

We really enjoyed Castaway Cay much more this time. We ate at the Adult beach and it was so quiet and restful. Last time we ate at Cookies. Nuff said. We also snagged 2 hammocks at about 12:30 and laid in them for about 45 minutes till we realized we had not put on any sunscreen. So we returned to the ship.

Once again, the children on our cruise did not bother us in the least. They were great. Not once did I even think the word 'brat'! We found a great piano player and singer (Daryl Lockhart) in one of the clubs and we became his groupies. We first heard him while at the Castaway Club reception he played Joyful Joyful on the piano, we were hooked after that.

We have stayed at WDW on Christmas day and always received a stocking on the door. On Christmas day on the cruise we didn't get a stocking on our door and I was a tiny bit disappointed. But when we returned to our stateroom on Christmas night, they had left a limited edition commemorative Lithograph that was created for this cruise. It was created by Don 'Ducky' Williams and featured several princesses in color Walt Disney among them in Sepia. How cool is that???? Much better than a stocking. We will have to get it framed.

Quite honestly the reason we cruised again was to finally understand what everyone was saying about not wanting to get off the ship. We didn't want to get off!! But once again, after getting off the ship I am still experiencing vertigo. I am on my 6th day now. Last time it took 3 weeks to go away. I think we may make this our final cruise. But we went out with a bang!!

It was great sharing with my orphan cruisers. Hope everyone has a special cruise. Oh yes, and

Happy New Year
to all

Muushka-Thanks so much for coming back to the thread and telling us how your cruise was. We sailed the Wonder April 04 and our first night was a little rock n' roll, but after that smooth sailing. OMG!! I forgot about the vertigo!! On our last cruise we went to WDW right after. My kids & DH were riding Mission Space (Epcot) and I was taking in the landscape. Two CM from WDW approached me. They thought I was drunk!! I laughed so hard over that!! :rotfl2:

Was the Wonder beautiful? Do they go all out like they do at the parks? I am sure it was beyond what we imagine. Did they have a special Christmas Dinner? It was also the first day of Hanukkah.

I am glad that this cruise was a wonderful, possitive one. It is sad to leave. Do you think you will cruise on another line or simply stick to land adventures?

Happy New Year to you!!

Kimmielee said:
I've been seeing someone (on and off) for the last few years and I'm thinking of inviting him on the first leg of our WDW trip, but not the cruise. Would that seem odd? :confused3

Well, I'm making homemade chicken noodle soup for him today (bad cold that needs nurturing) so I'm off to slave over the stove...

A few years!! Good grief...ask him to go!! I don't think that would be odd. How does your son feel? He, your friend, may be very hurt when he realizes that you are continuing your vacation with a disney cruise and you are sending him back home!!

Have a Happy New Year. Don't waste too much time at the stove!! ;)

travel with kids said:
SNIP....
Was the Wonder beautiful? Do they go all out like they do at the parks? I am sure it was beyond what we imagine. Did they have a special Christmas Dinner? It was also the first day of Hanukkah.

I am glad that this cruise was a wonderful, possitive one. It is sad to leave. Do you think you will cruise on another line or simply stick to land adventures?

Happy New Year to you!!

Yes, the Wonder was beautiful. Mostly it was just the lobby decorated. A beautiful tree and garlands all around the railings. There were some other Christmas trees around the ship and a ginger bread house, some decorations (minor) in the dining rooms. Castaway Cay was really nice with a large tree and even the trams were decorated.

I think we will probably just stick to land adventures from now on. Unless we can cruise on a lake or a river!

Edited to add that on Christmas day they had turkey with the trimmings, ham and lobster. I don't know what they usually serve on the Wonder on the last night at AP. It was pretty good (we got the turkey).

I'm so glad your cruise went so well. Minor snafu with an obviously RUDE person in the restaurant... you did the right thing!

My last cruise (and my first by the way...) our tablemates were quite an experience. 2 sisters (non-communicative) who just nodded or answered yes or no to ANYTHING we attempted to ask them.... 2 women that were a "couple" and fought the whole time and two men that were buddies from work and complained about EVERYTHING!! :rotfl2:

I'm so hoping to find another family with kids my son's age to hook up with for dinner for our cruise and have a better dining experience!

What did Santa bring you while on the ship?

What did Santa bring? Well, we just counted the great vacation as our Christmas gift! We had spent 8 nights at BCV/VWL prior to the cruise, so we had spent enough! But I did get a little stocking with 3 pieces of my favorite chocolate and a small flashlight to use for our night time photography projects. I bought my husband a model of the ship and had them wrap it and I out it under the Christmas tree outside the gift shop. He came along and I had to just about beg him to open it up. He is so afraid of doing something wrong!

I was so grateful that we did not actually have that person at our regular dining rotation. Not sure what I would have done then. But at Palo, no one even noticed that we moved. It was so nice on our first cruse. We had 4 great tablemates. This cruise we had a mother and son. It was nice though.
I hope you get great dining mates!

I can not believe that I have only a month left until we leave for WDW :cool1: Two weeks ago we were a little stressed when our airline closed for business, but that is behind us.

Today it is 7 degress with a -21 wind chill. I do not care if it is only 68 and the water temp is chilly at CC. It will beat where I am living!!

travel with kids said:
I can not believe that I have only a month left until we leave for WDW :cool1: Two weeks ago we were a little stressed when our airline closed for business, but that is behind us.

Today it is 7 degress with a -21 wind chill. I do not care if it is only 68 and the water temp is chilly at CC. It will beat where I am living!!

I am excited for ya girl! ::yes:: . How did the airline situation finally work out? Fly or (yuck) drive?

I saw in another post your question about bringing boxed wine off the ship, well what is left of it anyway. We bought some at Target (green box, Pinot Grigio ?sp) which was very good by the way. When we went to pack up, I just took the bladder out of the box and it suddenly became so small and packed it in the suitcase. When we were getting on the escalator we asked a Disney CM if we needed to mention it to customs and they said that it was probably OK, but we should mention it. When we got to customs it was so busy that I forgot to say anything. So there you have it, no answer! Sorry, it is the best I can do.

Please post often of your plans. We hope your cruise is wonderful!
Stay warm :sad1:.

I am so jealous that it's so close for you!!! ::yes:: We are on day 91 or so and I have to pay my trip off on Feb. 6th... AAAARRRRGGGHHH... then a month later I have to pay off the Disney part!.... You know, how you have the best plans to save... yeah, well, didn't work for me. I'll be scraping it together but we'll have it paid!

Keep us informed as you make your plans... have you scheduled any excursions? Other than the beach I'm not sure we'll get off the ship that much... I'll use it as an opportunity for Noah to have some quality pool time!

Good luck planning! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter