Lone Dis'ers Cruising the Magic or Wonder

travel with kids

DIS Veteran
This thread is for all the cruiser who have no other dis'ers on your cruise.

This was actually the brain strom of Kimmielee. I love the idea and can not wait to talk to other people who are excited about crusing on DCL.

We are cruising Feb 19, 2006. I LOVED on our past cruises chatting with others as we counted down our time until our cruise. I miss that with our upcoming cruise. I hope that others who have found themselves alone on the "Cruise Meets" board will join in.

Howdy! :wave: My DS (6) and I are cruising on the 4/22 7 night Western cruise on Magic. I can't WAIT!!! I spend way too much time on here soaking up as much info as possible... changing my mind on doing a 2007 Easter Land/Sea combo or waiting until 2008 and doing another "extended dream vacation". :flower:

There are so many of us that would LOVE to chat about our upcoming cruises but seem to have a lack of DISers that are going when we are OR as outgoing as we are! :rotfl2:

Join us!!! :grouphug:

Hello Kimmielee!! I am glad you came up this idea :cheer2:

We are on the Feb. 19 Wonder. We, my dh, ds,15, dd,10 and myself will be traveling with my dbil and his family (wife, dd,10 & ds,6) and my DMIL. We will be celebrating my DMIL's birthday.

We are going to POP Century for three days before the cruise. It seems like it is forever :hourglass away, but only 4 months. :sunny:

Howdy!! :wave: Ok, here's how out of control with anticipation I am... I bid on a DCL coloring book on Ebay and paid like... $12 for it!!!! I HAD to have one to put in Noah's stocking! :rotfl2:

How much are they on the ship? Probably $3 or $4? I'm now officially grounded from Ebay until AFTER Christmas! :cool1:

Then, I sober up... so to speak... and think about those in Wilma's path and gosh my heart breaks for all the innocent people! :grouphug:

A few years ago I went crazy buying Disney themed antenna toppers for my husband. I purchased some on e-bay (spent waaayy to much). He ruined the most expensive one by going through power car wash. I did not have the heart (or guts) to tell him how much I paid for it!!!

I can not believe there is yet another strom developing. Living in the North East, we do not have too much to complain about in terms of the weather.

I hate to see what Florida is experiencing... along with the caribbean! My Brother is on his "delayed" honeymoon in the Bahamas... haven't hear much about Alpha... wondering if he's in harms way. :grouphug:

I have 3 employees that live in Florida, 2 in Tampa and 1 in Sanford (near Orlando)... the two in Tampa are off tomorrow... hoping for the best.

Do you have tornadoes in Maine? That's about all we have to worry about in Michigan... that and the snow storms but those are more rare these days... :cold:

Kimmielee said:
Do you have tornadoes in Maine? That's about all we have to worry about in Michigan... that and the snow storms but those are more rare these days... :cold:

We don't really have to worry about tornadoes. Every now and then there will be a report of one, but never one with great damage. We lived in St. Louis and I had my fill of tornadoes. Maine does get a lot of snow storms. Our area's norm is about 120". Currently we have had a lot of rain and flooding.

But, regardless of how bad our weather is in Maine, it is nothing compared to what people in FL are facing today.

Have you heard from your employees? Hope all is well.

Hi Lee!! :wave:

Thanks for asking... my employees are ok... one a little more "wet" than the other, but she lives much closer to the ocean. I talked to both of them today.

My heart breaks for those that have to deal with those nasty storms. :grouphug:

I was thinking today... my ORIGINAL trip to WDW was 10/18 - 11/1. I would have been there if I hadn't changed my trip! Everything happens for a reason. I decided to cancel that trip to be able to afford the cruise! :boat:

I'm so glad that your Mom is still alive and well enough to cruise with you! I miss mine terribly. I lost her to a rare form of Lupus when I was pregnant with Noah. It still breaks my heart that she never got to hold him... He knows her, however... we talk about her all the time! :flower:

What took you to Maine?

By the way... my "great" idea really took off didn't it? :rotfl2:

OMG!! I found this on page 3!! Where are all the lone dis'ers? Oh well! I am still excited that I have a place to check into for our upcoming cruise.

I was born in Maine and lived here until college. After being away for 8 years, my husband & I moved to North Conway, NH. (which is beside the town in Maine that I grew up in). In the early 90's everything was closing up shop. We moved to Saint Louis, MO for 7 years, then returned to Maine.

How long have you lived in Lake Orion, MI?

The trip we are planning is for my MIL. My mom is alive, but very sick. She has an infection in her body, but they (the doctors) can not locate the cause. She has good days (able to go to work) and then she has bad days (unable to get out of bed). She has aged so much in the last few months. It is so hard to see your parents ill and weak. I am sure it is beyond difficult to experience the death of a parent. I am sorry your Mom was not able to hold your son. My grandmother passed away when I was 12 (we were very close). I still feel her with me. :sad1:

OK--lets move to a happier topic.

I can not wait for our WDW/DCL trip. We leave for WDW in 109 days :banana: . Our kids have no clue we are going to WDW before the cruise. They think we are driving, yet again. We actually have plane tickets, ressies at the POP, a rental car (to get to the DCL and to have after the cruise) and Magic Express ressies. We, DH and myself, are deciding when to tell the kids. We have thought of telling them at Christmas or waiting and simply drive to the airport the day we leave.

Very long post---I need to do more laundry.....will chat soon...Lee

Hi Lee,

How was your week? Mine was full and very trying. I conducted some training classes the first part of the week and then had to lay off 25% of my staff on Thursday and Friday. It was HARD! :sad1:

I manage mortgage underwriters and business slowed terribly over the past month. It's the nature of the beast. Our business is feast or famine.... never steady. They HATE me when I impose mandatory overtime and LOVE me when it gets slow so I don't lay them off....

Noah had a great Halloween, although he's not much for candy. I think next year we'll go out for 1/2 hour or so and let him hand out candy the rest of the night! He went to a friends neighborhood and then we raced home, he put his "loot" into a bucket and sat on the front porch hoping to give it away! It was so cute! :love2:

Hope all is well with you! :flower:

Since I can't get anyone to respond to my cruise meet thread, I guess I'll join this one!

We are on the 3 night Wonder March 16, 2006. It is myself, DH, DD7, and 2 nieces age 15 and 11. It is a surprise for my DD7. She won't know until the night before! This will be our second Wonder cruise, and we also cruised on the Magic this past September. I know everyone complains about the cost of the Disney cruises, but as long as we can afford it, and while DD7 is still into the "magic", then it is Disney all the way.

By the way, we are also leaving in one week for a week at WDW! This will be our 9th trip w/DD7!

Judy

We are happy to have the company! :banana: My DS is 6 and we are taking our third WDW trip and 1st Magic Cruise!!! I went on a Carnival cruise (my first) late last winter and then Disney sent my son a postcard from DCL. He took it as a "personal invitation from Mickey". :rotfl2: Gotta love the Disney Marketing dept....

I am very excited... he knows about the trip so it won't be a surprise but seeing the ship for the first time... that will be priceless!!

I agree, as long as I can afford it... the Disney Cruise will be our cruise of choice too!

What part of NC do you call home? I LOVE your state. Raleigh and Chapel Hill... big UNC fan because of a friend that went there. GO TARHEELS!!

Keep in touch! :wave:

Kimmielee said:
What part of NC do you call home? I LOVE your state. Raleigh and Chapel Hill... big UNC fan because of a friend that went there. GO TARHEELS!!

Sorry, actually it's SOUTH Carolina, not North Carolina. But, hey, I love NC too! We go there often!

Judy

Welcome JNorris!! Where are you staying at WDW?

It has been a while since I cruised the Dis'boards. Life has been busy!!

I am getting excited about our vacation. However, we just found out that the airline (Independence Air) that we have ressies on has filled chapter 11 :guilty: . We have our fingers crossed that SOMEONE will buy the company before January (?--I forget the actual date). If not, then the company will fold. (this is all according to news reports--the airline keeps saying that it is business as usual!). We are suprising the kids by flying three days before the cruise. They have always wanted to stay at POP. We decided that we would try it for three nights. They think we will driving as usual!!

It is somewhat funny (the whole airline thing). We have booked flights before to fly to FL. However, we have yet to actually fly there. Each time we decide to fly the northeast either has a huge nor'easter (President's week '03) or our flights are completely cancelled (Pan Am from Portsmouth, NH). I think we are cursed!

Regardless of how we get there...we are still making the DCL!! :boat: A friend just returned from the Magic and said that there are some changes. I am on the Wonder and sailed the Wonder on our last crusie (April 04). I am sure that some things have changed on the Wonder since we sailed last. I know that there is a "coffee shop" (what is the name?) and the teenage club is now where ESPN used to be. I am getting excited.

Kimmielee--sorry about your rough week (last week!!). My DH had to do layoffs a year ago. It was a VERY upsetting time.

Yesterday was a day off (Vetern's Day). I went shopping with a co-worker. I could not believe how crowded it was!! Chirstmas is just around the cornor.

OK-it is Saturday which means that it is "Clean the House Day". Will chat more later.....Lee

travel with kids said:
Welcome JNorris!! Where are you staying at WDW?

Thanks, Lee. We are staying offsite, at the Cypress Grand Villas timeshare. We've never stayed there, so I hope we like it. We are leaving Nov 18th.

BTW, I like your user name! I guess mine should be "Travel with kid"!

Judy

JNorris said:
Sorry, actually it's SOUTH Carolina, not North Carolina. But, hey, I love NC too! We go there often!

Judy

Oops!!! I just saw Carolina and got excited!!! :rolleyes1 To be a Michigander and not be a Wolverine or a Spartan is a really dangerous thing!!! :earseek:

Hi all! I'm on the 5/14/06 Wonder 4 nighter! Its my first cruise and I will be solo.

Jill in KC

:wave: Hi everyone. Muushka and the Mr. are traveling ALONE on the 12/22/05 Christmas Wonder cruise. Amazing, isn't it?? :confused3

But I will get excited with all of you!! :grouphug:

Oh, and we are actually from NC. :rotfl:

:grouphug: The more the merrier!!!

Muushka, to spend Christmas on the ship.... how special will that be? Congrats and have fun!!! :wave:

Kimmielee said:
:grouphug: The more the merrier!!!

Muushka, to spend Christmas on the ship.... how special will that be? Congrats and have fun!!! :wave:

Why, thank you very much! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter