• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lone Dis'ers Cruising the Magic or Wonder

OMG!! This is the little thread that could!! ;)

Welcome jedijill and Muushka. It is amazing how many cruisers that have only one Dis family on it. Oh well, like someone else pointed out--we will know all the secrets :flower:

It is so cold :cold: here (western Maine) this morning. It is 18 degrees. I sure hope our cruise in Feb will be warm :sunny:

It's beautiful here in Michigan, and unusually warm... yesterday was like a dream. Mid 60's, sunny, no wind....

Apparently, however, I moved into the "village" this spring and they require leaves to be raked and put to the curb by tomorrow and yikes :scared1: nobody TOLD me. (I rent the house so I don't get the owner's notifications!)

So..... today is mid 50's (still decent) but very windy and I have a LOT of leaves to get to the curb! :earseek:

These are the days that I really miss having a man around.... :rolleyes1 Ok, some nights too... :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

Enjoy your Sunday!!! :wave:

Hi all!,

Since we're talking weather, it is now 74 degrees here and sunny in SC. High today near 80 degrees. This is the weather we live for all year: Warm days, cool nights, low humidity. What's not to love?

I'm just hoping the good weather holds for our WDW trip. We are flying out this coming Friday! And Saturday we have a date for lunch in Cindy's castle! This will be our first Thanksgiving spent away from family, and boy are we getting the devil for it! But I'll try not to think about it when I'm having my Thanksgiving dinner at the Hoop De Doo Review!

Judy

Judy

Thanksgiving with Mickey.... how cool is that! :cool1:

Here's pixie dust for a safe trip with awesome weather!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

travel with kids said:
OMG!! This is the little thread that could!! ;)

Welcome jedijill and Muushka. It is amazing how many cruises that have only one Dis family on it. Oh well, like someone else pointed out--we will know all the secrets :flower:

It is so cold :cold: here (western Maine) this morning. It is 18 degrees. I sure hope our cruise in Feb will be warm :sunny:

The little thread that could!! So cute. Nice to be a part of a cruise thread!
Don't you just love orphans :grouphug: .

I need to start this thread from the beginning to see who and when everyone is sailing.

pirate: Wonder orphans here. pirate: We are cruising in August on the 20th, 4 nite. I know it is out there but there are a ton of threads farther than mine getting alot of action. :earseek: Maybe cause there is a lot of "special" cruises around ours. 10 days, & double castaway cays at the same time frame?

Just my sister ::MinnieMo and myself princess: both disney nuts going on our 3rd wonder this summer with our own "land" ;) @ WDW.

Nice to meet everyone. Greetings from just south of chicago. This thread is a great idea, I have been sooooo lonely.

Mky princess:

mkymouse4ever said:
pirate: Wonder orphans here. pirate: We are cruising in August on the 20th, 4 nite. I know it is out there but there are a ton of threads farther than mine getting alot of action.

Wonder orphans...how cute! I guess if you've got to be an orphan, a Wonder orphan is the one to be!

I know how you feel...I got no responses to my cruise meet thread either. I guess alot of Wonder cruisers are first-timers, more so than Magic cruisers. Or maybe the Wonder cruises don't usually get booked as far in advance as the Magic cruises. We booked about a month ago for our Wonder cruise in March 06, and that's the shortest time from booking to cruise that we've done so far. We booked our other cruises at least a year in advance.

Judy

JNorris,

You got me thinking about this year. We went on the Wonder in March 05' But it was the first weekend in march. And the only cruise with really bad weather. :rolleyes: The sail away party was in the lobby! pirate: pirate: Only day with decient weather we had was castaway cay it cleared up to about 75 and sunny for about 6 hrs then went back to wind, over cast and rain, 55. So we are going back to hurricane season :confused3 for better weather?? I watched the rest of the month for march and they had pretty good weather so don't worry, its me I'm the jinx. :earseek:

We where originally taking the magic and had work problems so changed to wonder / wdw so I was very dissappointed. :guilty: After giving up the magic. Oh well, someday we will devote a whole week to the magic. :wizard:

Here's to good weather! And March comes up soooooo fast after the holidays! Mky princess:

mkymouse4ever said:
JNorris,

You got me thinking about this year. We went on the Wonder in March 05' But it was the first weekend in march. And the only cruise with really bad weather. :rolleyes: The sail away party was in the lobby! pirate: pirate: Only day with decient weather we had was castaway cay it cleared up to about 75 and sunny for about 6 hrs then went back to wind, over cast and rain, 55. So we are going back to hurricane season :confused3 for better weather?? I watched the rest of the month for march and they had pretty good weather so don't worry, its me I'm the jinx. :earseek:

You know, I tried to tell DH that we were taking a chance on the weather. I'm just hoping that there are no cold fronts in the area then. A cold front coming off of Florida can reach the Bahamas and make for cool weather and choppy seas.

Since we are planning this as a surprise for DD, and taking 2 nieces with us, we had to work with their schedule. We also cruise in hurricane season (did a 7 night in Sept 05, and we're doing another in Sept 06), so we are used to watching the weather reports.

Judy

I signed on to hoot and rave that we have only three months until our WDW/DCL trip :cool1: . Then I read the last few postings and reality hit :guilty: . We, too are cursed with the travel demon. We have been to Fl so many times. We have made several attempts to fly. Each time, for various reasons out of our control (the flight is cancelled, delayed due to weather, stike, or the company went out of business). We end up driving everytime!!! So, while I was all excited to tell y'all that I would be leaving in 90 days, I am faced with the dark cloud of reality to our current situation. Our chosen airline, Independence Air, has just filled Chapter 11 :rolleyes:.

OK--I am going to be bed and forget this posting ever happened. ;)

But, really, regardless of how we get there----we only have three months to go!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

travel with kids said:
Our chosen airline, Independence Air, has just filled Chapter 11 :rolleyes:.

I understand how you feel. DH works in D.C. and sometimes uses Independence Air to fly home to SC. In fact, when he and our 2 nieces fly from DC to Orlando for my DD's "surprise" cruise in March, they are booked on Independence. He is now making alternate arrangements "just in case". I will be devastated if something messes this up! I'd almost rather have to cancel our 7 night cruise in Sept than have this cruise in March not happen.

Judy

Lee, I hope it goes well for you... Northwest filed BK and they are our major carrier out of Detroit. I paid a little more and decided to fly Spirit since I couldn't be sure that NorthWORST would still be around in another 6 months!

Here's pixie dust for you! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

I've always flown to Florida, never have tried to drive it. I've been incredibly lucky with each trip! :cloud9:

I am sure all will work out in the end. We have been down this road in the past. If we have to drive, then we drive. I will be sad that we will not be able to suprise the kids with wdw and staying at the pop. But, if this does happen, then DH has already said that we will go when the air prices are not so crazy (I can probably sqeeze a few days off from school).

It is crazy that we depend so much on airlines that are not dependable. Thank goodness that DCL does not have the same issues. Can you imagine?

Yikees! driving from Maine? I thought chicago was bad! :earseek: Guess it must depend, on how far north you are too. We are always jealous cause the east coast looks like a better drive down, not as many bad cities. We have alot of major cities to hit to get down to florida. And no direct route east then a little south then a little west south then south. Would like to drive the coast down. Good luck with the airlines, United has been in bankruptsy for a while and still flying but I think they are doing better now, They are based here in chicago and we are still flying them. Good luck with you airline. :flower:

mky princess:

Driving from our house in Maine is a 24 hour drive. We drove straight once--will not do that again. We usually drive two days, stopping in VA.

Are any of you going to dress up for pirate: Pirate Night? DD is very excited :banana: about it. DH will dress up, but not go to dinner :confused3 and ds said NO WAY!!. We will be cruising with my DH's DM, DB (and his family). Maybe if the younger kids all want to dress up, that would be fun.

mkymouse4ever said:
Yikees! driving from Maine? I thought chicago was bad! :earseek: Guess it must depend, on how far north you are too. We are always jealous cause the east coast looks like a better drive down, not as many bad cities. We have alot of major cities to hit to get down to florida. And no direct route east then a little south then a little west south then south. Would like to drive the coast down. Good luck with the airlines, United has been in bankruptsy for a while and still flying but I think they are doing better now, They are based here in chicago and we are still flying them. Good luck with you airline. :flower:

mky princess:

We are so grateful to be able to drive from NC to FL, piece of cake. We get the car to 95, and then it is auto-pilot all the way! But driving from VA north is not fun. So many large metro areas, not to mention 95 in Conn. Oye. Never again. When I go back to RI, I fly!

travel with kids, I REALLY hope you don't have to drive! :earseek:

travel with kids said:
:banana: I just paid our balance for our cruise. Now I get to make ressies for all the fun stuff :flower:

What an amazing feeling!!! I'm so jealous.... way to go!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

kidcruiser said:
Hey i am going on the Wonder ion12/07/05 :goodvibes

Wow! Your cruise is just around the corner!! I hope you have a wonderful cruise :cool1: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter