Live from the world :)

Thanks for your trip report, cant wait until 4 weeks time.

Few questions:

What time was you by the pool? was it hot, warm or chilly by the pool at that time?

How much was the taxi back from old town, did you think it was worth a visit?

How are you finding wifi in the resort and parks? is it easy to use?

Was at the pop pool about 1pm ish, haven't actually been swimming since we got here, it's warm during the day but not warm enough for me to want to go swimming when we're around the hotels. might try the hot tub at POR though :)
Taxi was $20 from old town, but he didn't have the meter on (tut tut) so should only have been about $15 from mears I think. Old town is ok, we stayed next to it last time and had a good night out there last year (I'd just found out during the day that I'd got a permanent promotion so we went out to celebrate). It's not for everyone but we fancied going.
Wifi in parks and hotel is fine, if you get too far away from the buildings it gets a bit spotty but works fine

Well we woke up about 7am this morning, had nice hot shower, i had some pop tarts for brekkie, and headed over to the food court/gift shop at pop. Gary bought a tshirt but got the wrong size so we had to take it back and he grabbed a Danish. Popped past bell services on the way past to ask them to transfer the luggage. As efficient as you come to expect from Disney they were at the room about five mins after we got there. Off went the luggage and we decided to go try animal kingdom. Park opened at 9 but it took us ages to get into Epcot yesterday so we decided to just get the bus over there and at least we'd be near the front of the queue when it opened.
Took the bus over there and was pleasantly surprised when we got there that it happened to be EMH, so we managed to get into the park at 8.25 :) we headed over to get fast passes for the safari, then headed to everest. Rode that, then headed to dinosaur, rode that and primeval whirl, rode EE again in the single rider queue. By that time it was only 9.20 so we went back to the safari, then saw the 10.30 flights of wonder show. Was a bit hungry by that point so got lunch at restaurantosaurus, Gary got chicken nuggets and I got cheeseburger, we both had the cheesecake which neither of us particularly liked. Rode EE again on the way back past, then watched the 1.30 festival of the lion king. Park was getting busy at that point (its Martin Luther king day today so we counted ourselves lucky we managed to get anything done at all!)
After that we got the bus to POR and managed to check in early. I did ask the CM if we could get a room in the mansions as we stayed there when we got married but we've ended up in alligator bayou. The room is lovely though, we're in 2832 in building 28, I paid for a king bed, but we've also got a corner room so have the two lovely big windows, the room is lovely and they must know me because we're only about 15ft from the ice machine! Can't be having warm baileys now can I?!?!!
The luggage was already at the hotel so we even managed to snag a lift to the room on one of bell services golf carts!

Sounds like a great start to your trip :) hopefully the parks go back to being quite again. We finished up doing our disney days friday all parks have been so quite most rides have been walk on even the new little mermaid ride in magic kingdom took 15 minutes to get onto it even though it said 30 minutes lol.

We got all the stuff sorted in the room then went for a look around the resort. We've stayed here before but wanted to check out the food court to see what they do. Got the water taxi to DTD, and went to goofys candy company. We've got two snack credits to use by midnight tonight so got my usual chocolate and Oreo crumb covered rice crispy treat (soooooo good), and also got a marshmallow stick. We had a look round world of Disney but didn't buy anything. It's gotten to the point where I've got everything I want from there already!
We wanted to buy more big figs this time, I've prepaid for one extra bag on the flight home so went to art of Disney. In about five minutes we managed to spend $440 on three big figs, but now am the lucky owner of pirate mickey, chip and dale, and the most gorgeous cinderella castle big fig. Getting the boxes transferred back to the hotel gift shop so need to go pick them up tomorrow
We got the bus back as we were worried about the queue at the boat dock being too long, but ended up having to stop at pleasure island, and three other stops before getting back to POR's lobby so probably should have just stuck with the boat!
Have picked up our refillable mugs from the food court and now chilling back in the room as our feet are killing from all the walking. But we did stop past the campfire on the bayou for some marshmallow roasting! Not going to hit any more parks today, will probably just end up getting dinner in the food court and might go watch the outdoor film later.
Got a long day tomorrow, going to aim for MK rope drop and have the wishes dessert party booked for tomorrow night.

Sounds like a great start to your trip :) hopefully the parks go back to being quite again. We finished up doing our disney days friday all parks have been so quite most rides have been walk on even the new little mermaid ride in magic kingdom took 15 minutes to get onto it even though it said 30 minutes lol.

Are you here at the moment then? It's not horrifically bad but we're used to coming in September so not used to it being this busy, but it is a federal holiday weekend so hoping it goes back to normal tomorrow

Are you here at the moment then? It's not horrifically bad but we're used to coming in September so not used to it being this busy, but it is a federal holiday weekend so hoping it goes back to normal tomorrow

Yep here since January 3rd only a few days left For me :(. We decided not to do parks this weekend with it being a holiday we are going to do sea world tomorrow hope its not too busy :). Have fun at the magic kingdom tomorrow :)

Gary's not feeling too well, he's got pain in his calves and bad blisters, so having a quiet night at the hotel.
I went down to watch the movie by the oak manor buildings, they were showing emperors new groove, love this film so seemed a good way to pass the evening :) Gary didn't want to walk down there as he's in pain so I went down on my own. Took my refillable mug, thought I'd get some hot chocolate incase it got chilly. Was walking past the pool on old man island, heard the horse and carriage behind me, so stopped to one side so it could go past me so I wouldn't hold it up. The horse goes past me, stops, then the woman says hop in, I'll give you a lift! Apparently a lot of people left today as the kids are back at school tomorrow so they're really quiet. She hasnt got any bookings all night and is bored, she'd just given someone else a lift back to their room so she gave me a lift back to the food court!
I got my choccie and then headed over to oak manor to watch the film, was supposed to be meeting Gary at the food court after the film for dinner but he's still not good so I got takeout and went back to the room. Had every intention of getting the create your own pasta (heard so much about it on Wayne's TR) but got tempted away by the roast beef platter, got it with mash and corn, and cornbread. Got the apple blossom for dessert. That was the last of the counter service credits for our pop century stay, so from tomorrow we'll be working on the credits from POR

Yep here since January 3rd only a few days left For me :(. We decided not to do parks this weekend with it being a holiday we are going to do sea world tomorrow hope its not too busy :). Have fun at the magic kingdom tomorrow :)

Guessing the rest of the month hasn't been as bad as it is here at the mo? Are you onsite or off?

Guessing the rest of the month hasn't been as bad as it is here at the mo? Are you onsite or off?

We are offsite but we did stay in AoA in the little mermaid rooms for 4 nights some of my party stayed in pop for the same nights in the 50 section it was closer to us :).

Nope we didn't do the parks last weekend with the disney marathon thing being on think it might have been busy then also. I hope it gets less busy now for you we did have a lot of great weather very few chilly days seems to be getting cooler now.

Loving the live trippy! Hope Gary feels better soon.

Think I might try a live (ish) trippy the next time... I've still not written mine from our trip in September :blush:

We got up early this mornin as we wanted to try the cane pole fishing at POR, so we headed over there before breakfast. Neither of us have been fishing before but gary managed to catch one relatively quickly. Me on the other hand didn't catch anything. A few fish nibbled and one stole the worm off the hook but no fish for me :(
We got counter service brekkie at the food court, we both got the bounty platter, quite a lot of brekkie for one credit. Then we got the bus to MK.
Got there just after nine and headed straight over to new fantasyland. Ariel wasn't working and by the time we got back to belle it had a 70 minute wait. So new FL will have to wait til another day. We headed over to haunted mansion and rode that then walked to big thunder mountain. This week is limited time magic long lost friends week, the robin hood characters, three pigs and big bad wolf, and Scrooge were all in the main plaza by the railroad station, but we also ran into the ugly sisters and lady tremaine by the entrance to new FL, and also saw brer rabbit, brer bear, two country jamboree bears, and Horace horse collar and clarabelle cow on the way to big thunder.
Rode big thunder, then rode POTC, jungle cruise, gary got his first dole whip, and we then headed to tomorrow land. Rode stitch and tomorrow land transit peoplemover. The park was very busy at that point, it wasn't even midday yet but it was heaving. So much for the kids going back to school today....
Decided to leave then go back later (we've got wishes dessert party booked). We got the monorail back to the TTC then got the lynx bus back to Disney university. Looked in the cast shops there then went back to TTC and got the bus back to the resort.
We got lunch at the foodcourt, Gary had the steak and blue cheese sandwich which he says was awesome, plus the cheesecake for dessert. I got the make your own pasta, with shrimp and marinara sauce. It was good and nice to have something a bit healthier. But ruined that by having choc fudge cake for dessert!
Picked up our big figs from the gift shop that we bought at DTD yesterday, and about to go down to the pool/hot tub
Weather is definately changing. Quite windy today and to be honest it's pretty cold! Not as cold as back home though!
Will be heading back out to MK later

Ooh I wish I could have the make your own pasta from POR for dinner this evening

We were in Fl this morning and rode the new Little mermaid ride, also they were having sneek peaks in Be our guest restaurant so went and had a look. I thought it was really busy for this time of the year especially by late morning. Have to agree it felt quite cold especially on the boat coming back from lunch at the Poly to MK.

Did a quick round of laundry earlier while Gary was chilling out in the room, then headed over to magic kingdom. We got there just after six. Our check in time for the wishes dessert party was 7pm, so thought we'd have time to go see philharmagic. We got in but the show had jut gone in, we waited for a bit but realised we were running out of time, so gave up and headed over to tomorrowland. Grabbed fast passes for the new mermaid ride on the way...
Checked in for the dessert party no problem, queue wasn't too bad, and were pleasantly surprised to find that we'd got the table right at the front near the railing and closest to the castle :) (last time we had a table right at the back so this was a lot nicer). Watched the castle projection show and wishes, but by the time it finished we were both freezing, so headed into tomorrowland so Gary could buy a fleece (I already had three layers on but was still cold). Gary got his fleece and then we went back to philharmagic, and then onto the new mermaid ride. It's really cute but thought it would be longer? Seemed a bit short to me.
Headed back out of the park at that point, got the bus back and now back in the room. It's nice to be back in the warm lol :)

Tomorrow is undiscovered future world tour in the morning, then divequest in the afternoon :)

Sounds great (albeit a little chilly)! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the tour - I've been considering the undiscovered fw one for a while.

Karen, what did you think of the desert party this time around? Did you get good choices of food etc? I'm thinking about booking this as a surprise for DD's birthday in October while we are there, I think she would love it!

Glad that you are having a good time, trust me it's warmer there than here! :goodvibes

Had a great day today, woke up again at 6am (this is becoming an annoying habit lol), so got showered and ready and headed over to the food court. We really enjoyed the bounty platters do got the same thing again, paid out of pocket again to save our dining credits.*
We got the bus to Epcot but got there too early, we had to check in for our undiscovered future world tour at 8.45 but got there at 8.15. Thought we'd see if we could get in early and they let us in! We had a walk round to the fountain, and then checked in, didn't have to be back for twenty minutes so we walked to akershus and back. It's really cool but kinda creepy being the only ones around. Got some good photos :)
We met up with our tour guide at 8.55, got kitted up with headsets and off we went. The tour was very good and informative once it got going but the first hour was kinda slow. Once we got moving it was great though, we got to go into the VIP lounge at living seas, then went backstage at he land pavilion. Got told that the artists who made the mosaics outside wanted to sign their work but werent allowed so the guide showed us where they "signed" it. *Learned some cool new things like the soarin video is the same as the California one, but that one is called soarin over California, so they had to edit out the "over California" bit. If you look carefully when Patrick says welcome to
Soarin, his lips will almost pucker. That's where they edited it out :)
We got to ride soarin, then went back onstage by journey into imagination. Talked about that there for a bit, saw what used to be the centre of Disney world property, then walked to universe of energy. Apparently they normally go back there but yesterday they started to lock the door so they can't get in there anymore :rotfl:
We walked to mission space and saw a little hidden Mickey, and then went backstage behind test track. The track really shakes from side to side when the cars go overhead! Saw where they service the cars, gary got a bit of toolbox envy :rotfl: (he's a service technician). We walked over to Epcot cast services, saw the costume store and where the princesses get ready, then went round to the marina where they store the illuminations barges. That was the end of the tour and we got let back onstage in the china pavilion gift shop.*
The tour was good and would recommend it, but the first hour or so drags a bit while they explain the history of Epcot. If you already know that stuff it drags but if you didn't it'd be quite interesting.*

After the tour we walked back to the land and got lunch at sunshine seasons. We always eat here as its good for counter service, we both got the pork chop :)
We then went for a walk round world showcase, I spent a snack credit on a crepe in France. We watched miyuki in Japan, she doesn't give the candy away anymore which was a bit of a disappointment as she made a penguin for me.*
We did the rest of world showcase, saw a load of the "training" characters down the side of the American pavilion, it was great, got photos with Mickey, Donald, Pluto, and baloo with only one or two people in front of me :)
After that we headed back to the front of the park via mousegear. We had to meet up for divequest at 4.15
The dive was as good as ever, although there didn't seem to be many people in the seas so not as much interaction with the guests which is the fun part!*
After the tour we got the bus back to the resort, had another beef dinner at the food court, then sat in the bar and watched yee ha Bob for about 45 mins. We're both really tired so now back at the room watching big bang theory :)

Tomorrow we check out of POR and into the poly :)

Karen, what did you think of the desert party this time around? Did you get good choices of food etc? I'm thinking about booking this as a surprise for DD's birthday in October while we are there, I think she would love it!

Glad that you are having a good time, trust me it's warmer there than here! :goodvibes

Dessert party was good, we've done it before. Food is good, lots of mini desserts but they're all pretty rich so you can't eat many. There also ice cream, hot and cold drinks and fruit.
It's not that cheap but it's almost worth it just for not having to jostle for a place to see the fireworks down a crowded main street....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter