Live from the world :)

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone, I like reading people's live TRs when I'm getting disney withdrawal, plus my memory sucks so it's nice to be able to read back later and remember what I've done :rotfl:

Well this morning I woke up about 5.30am, went to bed at midnight but the jetlag still struck. That plus the fact that I was on a week of earlies at work before we came (ie 4.30am starts) didn't help. Didn't want to wake Gary up so sat on phone in bed, thank you disney for the free wifi!
We got up about 6.30 in the end and went for a walk over to art of animation, lovely walk and very quiet at that time in the morning. I would love to stay there but would end up in little mermaid section as I refuse to pay the prices for the family suites. It is a gorgeous resort though and very well themed. Went and had brekkie at the pop food court after that, gary got an omelette and I got choc chip pancakes, so yummy! Paid out of pocket for this as didn't want to waste a counter service credit on brekkie.
Headed to Epcot after that and got there just before 9. We're used to coming in September when it's very quiet, so was a bit shell shocked at how busy it is here at the mo, it's Martin Luther king day tomorrow so it's a federal holiday and half of the US seems to be here! We manage test track (new one seems to lack something now that there's no narration at all, but it does seem faster than I remember it being), rode mission space, nemo, and saw turtle talk. Went to Canada just to have a look at the last day of this weeks limited time magic. It was chip dale Donald and daisy in winter outfits with a bit of fake snow. Nothing exciting.
Decided it was wayyyy too busy to try and get anything else done (checked my disney experience app, soarin 120 mins, test track 90 mins, everest 80 mins, dumbo 120 - you get the idea lol) so headed into mousegear. 20 mins later and $190 lighter we headed back to pop. Got lunch at the food court, I had cheeseburger and gary had nuggets, saved dessert for later as we were both full. Gary's asleep in the room at the mo so I've been back to AoA to get a tshirt he liked this morning, and am now sat by the pool at pop with a cocktail. Life isn't too bad at all :)

Plan for later is go to splitsville for some bowling fun, then we're going to get the bus to old town for a few bevvies and some shopping. Have decided to avoid the parks during the day as much as possible til Tuesday, might hit extra magic hours tonight, it's open til 1am so might see how we get on later.

So nice to here you're enjoying yourselves even though the parks are busy. I'll tell you what busy parks are definitely better than being here, it's been snowing all day in Nth London and we now have about 12 inches of snow on the ground I'm dreading the journey to work tomorrow.... give me busy WDW any day :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hope that tonights sleep cures the jetlag for you both .... looking forward to the next inslatment :goodvibes

Great first day. I am shocked how busy people have been reporting it is today. I hope Mardi Gras doesn't make it that busy. Do you just go where you feel on the morning or do you plan what park you go to?

sounds perfect so far :goodvibes

I am looking forward to going to splitsville in July. would you believe I have never been bowling?? I'll probably throw myself :rotfl2:

So glad you made it. I don't mind saying I 'm a little jealous. Impressed you made it out on arriving, normally whacked after flight but then the kid doesn't let me sleep.

We plan on Busch Gardens for 1st day to make use of those early starts.

Enjoy your trip and raise a cocktail to your Dis family x

Well we got to splitsville but it was a two hour wait so didn't bother waiting! Got the bus from west side to contemporary, monorail to TTC and then got the lynx bus to old town. Bus was ok but Definately not Disney standard lol! Can now say we've done public transport in America but not too bothered about doing it again!
Had a walk around old town then stopped at one of the bars and had a couple of drinks. Had dinner at Logan's roadhouse. We ate here last year and liked it, and it didn't disappoint this time either, Gary had the filet and I had sirloin and shrimp. Walked to Walgreens and publix and then got a cab back home. Stopped past the pool bar and now back in the room watching some tv.
We were going to avoid parks tomorrow but going to hazard a try at animal kingdom in the morning, will try for rope drop, so planning on being up early, getting bell services to come collect the luggage then heading out. Tomorrow we check in to port Orleans riverside :)

Great first day. I am shocked how busy people have been reporting it is today. I hope Mardi Gras doesn't make it that busy. Do you just go where you feel on the morning or do you plan what park you go to?

Bit of both really. Some days we have things planned (ie Tuesday we've got wishes dessert party booked so at MK, Wednesday we've got undiscovered future world tour and divequest booked so Epcot all day). Other than that we just see how we feel in the morning.

sounds perfect so far :goodvibes

I am looking forward to going to splitsville in July. would you believe I have never been bowling?? I'll probably throw myself :rotfl2:

Lol I can see you rolling down the alley after the ball now! :lmao:

Enjoying your TR :thumbsup2
Want to try Splitsville sometime ourselves, wonder if it's bookable.

Yes you can book a lane , if you email them via the splitsville site theh reply quickly with availability and cost .I did this to enquire about a lane in august.

Loving your live TR! We are going to AoA in november staying in little mermaid so pleased to see you thought it looked good!

Can't believe how busy it has been for you! Can't wait to here how the diving at epcot goes, my hubbie did this on our honeymoon trip and I am thinking of getting it for him this time too!

Enjoying your TR :thumbsup2
Want to try Splitsville sometime ourselves, wonder if it's bookable.

We asked the woman behind the counter and at the mo they're not taking reservations but will be doing in the future

Loving your live TR! We are going to AoA in november staying in little mermaid so pleased to see you thought it looked good!

Can't believe how busy it has been for you! Can't wait to here how the diving at epcot goes, my hubbie did this on our honeymoon trip and I am thinking of getting it for him this time too!

You'll love AoA, it's such an awesome resort and the theming is impeccable.

We've done divequest three times before, it's always awesome and such a nice relaxing dive. For me the best part is getting to interact with the people on the other side of the glass :)

karentan said:
Bit of both really. Some days we have things planned (ie Tuesday we've got wishes dessert party booked so at MK, Wednesday we've got undiscovered future world tour and divequest booked so Epcot all day). Other than that we just see how we feel in the morning.

Sounds brilliant :) look forward to hearing about them :)

We are normally very easy going but this year with DD have planned to go to the recommended park every day hope it works. :) I'm checking the weather every day still.

Thanks for bringing some Florida sunshine to snowy England :goodvibes

A cocktail by the pool seems a million miles away right now!

Sounds like you are already having a wonderful trip :thumbsup2

Thanks for your trip report, cant wait until 4 weeks time.

Few questions:

What time was you by the pool? was it hot, warm or chilly by the pool at that time?

How much was the taxi back from old town, did you think it was worth a visit?

How are you finding wifi in the resort and parks? is it easy to use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter