Live from the world :)

Another packed day there! The tour sounds interesting although as I know a lot about the history of EPCOT, that first hr would drag for me too. Hmmm might consider a different one instead.

The tour sounds great. I was looking for something to book my parents for their wedding anniversary so think this may be the thing! Sounds like your having a great trip.

We got up this morning early again (damn you body clock!), got ready then called bell services to come collect the luggage from the room, soooo much easier than lugging it all down to the main building ourselves! We got the bus to Hollywood studios, and got there just before park opening. Managed to get in a bit early and headed over to toy story to get fast passes. At 8.59 we got fast passes timed for 10.35. Still find it funny how quickly they all go! We then rode tower of terror and single rider queue'd rock n roller coaster. After that we went to star tours and visited the ewok planet. Went to see muppetvision and studio backlot tour, rode rock n roller coaster again, then saw lights motors action and then got lunch at abc commissary. We left after that and got the bus to the poly, our new home for the next two days.
We checked in no prob and headed to our room. We got top floor in aorteroa (sp?), a lovely magic kingdom view from room 3218. We walked down to the lobby and had a look around the pool area, then went back to the room and got bell services to deliver the bags.
We decided to go for a walk over to the grand Floridian, walked past the wedding pavilion (we got married there in 2005), and got there just before a wedding was due to start. Gary went to go check out the gym, and then we saw the bride turn up in the Cinderella carriage. It was soooo pretty :)
We then went for a walk past the pool area, and then had a look round the shops in the main building and in their food court, we also watched the torch lighting ceremony which was quite cool. We walked back to the poly, roasted some marshmallows on the beach, then grabbed a drink from the pool bar and went and sat on the beach. We got dinner at captain cooks and used the last of the dining plan credits, gary got the Hawaiian flatbread and choc nut cupcake, and I got the mahi mahi which was awesome and the apple strudel. Gary used his last snack on a dole whip :) We're now back in the room waiting for wishes to start :)

Your room block reminded me of a YouTube video bosox2001 disney family vacation 2 they stayed in the same block and struggled pronouncing it :)

Look forward to reading more :)

Today was our last day, we got up and went for brekkie at captain cooks and tried tonga toast for the first time, it was goooood but glad we only ordered one between the two of us, that thing is huge! We got to MK before rope drop and watched as much of the welcome show as we could from where we stood. Once we got in I stopped for a quick photo with robin hood and friends (part of the long lost friends week), then headed to enchanted tales with belle. We got there about five mins after park opening and still ended up in an hour long queue. It was worth it though, Gary got picked for the part of one of the guards, the look on his face was worth the hour queuing! He got a photo and a bookmark at the end though which is a nice touch. Plus the show is really cute and the animatronics are awesome!
After that we headed to space mountain but queue was long so fast passed it and went on big thunder mountain. We went to monsters laugh floor and then went back on space mountain. We walked back into fantasyland, decided to give be our guest a miss as the queue was about an hour long just to get in to order! We went to gastons tavern instead, gary got le fou's brew, he loved it, I wasn't keen on it at all. We also got a pork shank, this was AWESOME! We shared one but I may go back to MK tomorrow before we leave just to go get another one!
We headed back to the poly after that and headed down to the pool. I manage about five minutes before deciding it was wayyyy too cold so chickened out. Gary stayed in and I went back to the room for a hot shower and to defrost. Met gary back at the pool, I wanted to go see the MK parade but he didn't so left him at the hotel and I got the boat over to MK. Watched the parade then got the monorail back, got gary then we walked over to the TTC. We got a lynx bus to hooters, had a good dinner there (my first ever Philly cheesesteak sandwich) then bussed it back to the TTC. Have just sat and watched wishes from the quiet beach in front of our building :) (was going to walk to the main beach so we could listen to the soundtrack but they're still showing the film down there so guessed we wouldn't be able to hear it properly down there anyway)
Gotta pack up as we're leaving tomorrow :( but good thing is our flight is at 7.50pm and our ME bus is at 4.10 so we've got park time in the morning :)

You haves managed to fit so much in! Thank you for all your updates it's been fun to read them all. Enjoy your last day

Wow your trip went so quick. You have managed to do so much. :)

Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us. Have a safe flight home! :thumbsup2

Woke up this morning at 6.30 again (definately having the nytol when I get home lol), so packed up and got bell services to collect and store the luggage. This morning was EMH at Hollywood studios so we headed over there and got there about two minutes past headed straight to toy story to get fast passes but they were showing as about 10am already and stand by was long too so we gave up on that idea.
Rode tower of terror which was pretty much a walk on, then rode rock n roller. We left just before 9 and got the bus to Epcot. Got fast passes for soarin then went to test track. Standby by was crazy busy so ended up in single rider, lucked out as we walked straight on and got the same car, just in different rows. Rode mission space (I went green to try it out and gary went orange). Headed back to the land and rode living with the land then got back on soarin.
After that we headed out, we wanted to go to MK for another of the pork shanks, they're that good! Park was crazy busy so just headed straight to gastons tavern, then back out again
Got the boat to the poly an now sat by the pool bar watching the world go by. Our ME bus is in about an hour and a bit so just chilling out in the sun

Aww you have really made the most of your last day! It's been great to read along x thanks x

Have had a great time, this is out first trip in January, and although it's been good I wouldn't do January again. The weather is too much of a variable, one minute you're burning, the next I've got a cardigan on.
Although I haven't experienced any of the line cutting that the brasilians are infamous for, there are a LOT of them around and they're a pain to get around. Walking five or six wide in an already crowded park is just a pain in the butt for everyone else.
New Fantasyland is lovely, but will be a lot better when it's finished. At the moment it's the most horrific bottleneck. Plus there's only really the belle story time and ariel attraction wise at the mo
The poly is awesome and people should really do it once sometime, but me and gary have both agreed that as nice as it is there's just not enough difference between it and the moderates to justify the huge price difference
Pop was a lot better than I thought it would be, fun colourful and great for the price.
As usual buses were more than fine, this is out first trip entirely carless and although it was a bit more hassle getting to old town and hooters it wasn't anything we couldn't do on a lynx bus.

All in all had a great time and as usual we don't want to go home. Of course will be booking again but will stick to our usual september trips

Now you have me wanting to try a pork shank. I had the Cinnamon roll in Nov but wasn't as good as Main St bakery so wasn't that bothered about returning but now I have to.:goodvibes

If you like pork try one, they're lovely and a worthy rival to the old turkey legs :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to do a live trippie it's been wonderful to "holiday" with you :thumbsup2

Have a safe flight home :goodvibes

Another who appreciates the effort to maintain a live trippie.

It is a great way to live vicariously through someone's adventures :)

Thanks for sharing your trip. You managed to com so much in.

Safe trip home x

Really enjoyed reading you TR. Hope your flight home was ok :)

Loved reading your live tr! Sounds like you had a fab time! I am deffo gonna try the pork shank in november!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter