List of things I wish Disney would do at WDW

My guess is you'll see these slowly become discontinued in the next 5 years as more vehicles lose their traditional antennas for in-glass or other style (ie. Fin) antennas.

I don't know if they need a ton more, but at least a few versions of the license plate frames would be good, and maybe a few more other odds and ends (maybe different color Mickey people).

The need to expand their pet collection. From a pure marketing perspective, its a huge market that gets minimal support at Disney. Their collar selection is horrible for small dogs (we have a Min-Pin).
I think you find less items in the auto section as antennas are no longer on 85% of new cars and people are putting less things on there cars for higher resale value. I think that is why disney has less bumper stickers and antenna toppers, just a sign of the times.

I wish they would spend some time hiding some of the eye sores on the train ride around MK. The green funky stuff thats all in the water as your coming into Toontown station and all the behind the scenes things you see while your on the train.

Id like to see all the parks linked by monorail which could help eliminate the WDW busses going from park to park which would be good for the environment.

And to Disney in general... We need more ANTENNA TOPPERS!!!! The ones out are cheaply made and the ears fall off. The glitter fades and changes color (or just falls off) and the designs are a bit lame really. They could do better. I understand they are cheap and made in China, but the ones we bought on our May 2009 trip have already been replaced!!!! Both the ears broke off my Sorcerer, and Mickey has ONE EAR on another of my vehicles. It's getting ridiculous. I'd pay more $ for a topper made by RUBBERMAID that would last a while.
Add more auto related stuff to the stores. The auto souvie section is looking smaller and smaller.
Back to the shopping... I should NEVER be told "You can only buy that at Downtown Disney". I don't always want to go there!!!! ANYTHING you want to buy should be at the parks.
While we're on shopping at the parks...
EVERY PARK should have a store that carries "emergency clothes". These should include UNDERWEAR (children have accidents!!!) socks!!! simple plain CHEAP $5Hanes shirts (they don't have to say Disney), CHEAP shorts (we once had to pay $40 for a pair when my son had an accident... just to wear them back to the room from the bathroom), CHEAP shoes in case you have blister problems. Yeah, with some shopping you can find these, but it's not always convenient. They wouldn't have to be $30 Disney Crocs, maybe some $15 Beach Crocs. Limit color to black for ease.
Not everyone who visits Disney can afford to drop inflated park prices when little disasters occur. I'm only saying maybe devote TWO RACKS in ONE store to simple basics for those "not so happy" moments.:idea:

And lastly... I wish Disney would create STRICT rules concerning the screens and flashes on cameras, camcorders, and cellphones!!!!! Oh, and I wish they would ENFORCE THEM!!!! Take COP for instance. They actually enforce those rules on that one ride. Why not on all the dark rides???
Nothing ruins a dark ride more than a person's camera flash in your eyes.

Regarding your comment on the antennae toppers, it is called "planned obsolence" Most of the crap that Disney, or for that matter, most American retail chains, buy most of their products from China. It's all garbage.
The idea is, as you said, they are cheaply made.......on purpose. They want you to keep buying new ones. That's how the Disney Corp. stays in business.
Also, these things cost what, about $3 or so, and if rubbermaid made them in this country,you would be paying $10 or $15 apiece for them.

I wish they would spend some time hiding some of the eye sores on the train ride around MK. The green funky stuff thats all in the water as your coming into Toontown station and all the behind the scenes things you see while your on the train.

Id like to see all the parks linked by monorail which could help eliminate the WDW busses going from park to park which would be good for the environment.

They could not really remove that "pond scum" stuff you see back there. If you travel the Disney property by car, you will notice a lot of these bodies of water. It's just the way it is here in Florida.

They could not really remove that "pond scum" stuff you see back there. If you travel the Disney property by car, you will notice a lot of these bodies of water. It's just the way it is here in Florida.

Florida is full of them but even where I live in Volusia county there are tons of ponds and in most of them around here they keep them pretty clean. Its just a real eye sore and Im sure they could fix it if they wanted to without too much of a problem.

So agree with much written here . . . I am a huge Epcot fan, but with so many unused spaces and aging attractions, it's starting to feel "old".
Examples:
-The Odyssey: looks old and dirty from the outside
-Wonders of Life: waste of space, depressing to have a "nothing" building in the middle of the park
-Imagination: 3D movie is old, ride is sad compared to previous version
-Giant waste of space behind the character spot, empty stage, half empty building
-Innoventions: what exactly is the point of the one behind the Electric Umbrella
-Norway and France: old movies are like an 80's flashback
-The Living Seas: can't quite put my finger on why, but it feels darker and badly organized from the the pre-Nemo days
-Strange "Africa" section between China: Is this a country? A continent? An attraction? A half-country? What? It feels like something left unfinished.
-Miss the Tapestry of Nations, Junkanoo bus

So agree with much written here . . . I am a huge Epcot fan, but with so many unused spaces and aging attractions, it's starting to feel "old".
Examples:
-The Odyssey: looks old and dirty from the outside
-Wonders of Life: waste of space, depressing to have a "nothing" building in the middle of the park
-Imagination: 3D movie is old, ride is sad compared to previous version
-Giant waste of space behind the character spot, empty stage, half empty building
-Innoventions: what exactly is the point of the one behind the Electric Umbrella
-Norway and France: old movies are like an 80's flashback
-The Living Seas: can't quite put my finger on why, but it feels darker and badly organized from the the pre-Nemo days
-Strange "Africa" section between China: Is this a country? A continent? An attraction? A half-country? What? It feels like something left unfinished.
-Miss the Tapestry of Nations, Junkanoo bus

Regarding the "strange" Africa section that you mentioned, they originally were going to do an Africa pavilion in that spot, but then came up with the Animal Kingdom park and the Lodge, so I guess they figured that was enough of a representation of Africa.

abandon plans for a 5th park and use the capital to add the Beastly Kingdomme and Australia lands at DAK and replace the Backlot Tour with additional Pixar Place rides such as an Incredibles Coaster as well as a new "land"/ street perhaps titled Broadway containing a new stage show, a James Bond thrill ride and a Stephen King inspired hanuted house

reverse all the stupid cut backs they made in the last year, especially bring back 4 for a dollar!!!

reverse all the stupid cut backs they made in the last year, especially bring back 4 for a dollar!!!

OK, ya' got me by the sneakers, what 4 for a dollar thing are you talking about?

no longer on 85% of new cars
Maybe so, but most of America is driving a used car. I have 4 used vehicles and have absolutely NO intentions of ever buying a new car again. If one of mine breaks, I fix it. If it gets totaled, I'll buy another used car. It will have an antenna.
If what they are saying on TV is true... the new cars aren't selling.

and people are putting less things on there cars for higher resale value
I disagree with this. The really elaborately decorated / customized cars bring MORE money at resale time than factory cars. One episode of the auto auction on TV will prove this. Factory cars are a dime a dozen. They are everywhere. You list a really creative car and you can name your price. I've seen them bring twice the price of factory cars (if they are done right).
Besides, we're talking about antenna toppers and bumper stickers here. Either can be removed in less than a minute. Neither devalues a car. AAMOF, nothing Disney sells for cars is permanent. Every single item I have seen can be removed in a couple minutes at most with either a screwdriver, wrench, or razor blade, and usually just one of the prior mentioned is necessary.

The idea is, as you said, they are cheaply made.......on purpose. They want you to keep buying new ones. That's how the Disney Corp. stays in business.
Also, these things cost what, about $3 or so, and if rubbermaid made them in this country,you would be paying $10 or $15 apiece for them.

I'd pay it. The antenna toppers aren't $3 anymore. They are $5.50 and up. I'd gladly pay $15 for a good looking antenna topper that I could buy once, that would keep it's color, keep it's ears, and keep it's glitter. Of course, then again... since we started customizing the older ones we have, we have made them look better than new ones with some silicone, some craft store glitter, and some hot glue... so maybe I wouldn't. LED technology antenna toppers.....:idea::idea::idea::happytv::happytv::happytv:

The singing group that was the preshow entertainment at the Beauty and the Beast show at DHS.
:confused3
I never knew they left. I hate to hear that they are gone. I really liked them last time I saw them... about 10 trips ago.:happytv:
I actually enjoyed them. It was the rest of the show I didn't care as much for. Nothing wrong with it, mind you. It was just one of those "We've done that. No need to for another 5 years or so" shows.

I cannot believe that no one has said anything about the awful re-ferb of The Enchanted Tiki Room! Yes it is corny, yes it is dated, but it is a classic. I can barely stand to sit through the show now with Gilbert Godfred's "nails on a chalkboard" voice!

I agree that Epcot needs a new country. Russia, Kazakhstan, something that the US has little experience with.

I would also like to see an expansion of the monorail line, but we all know that will never happen.

I think some sort of WDW through the years walk through exhibit would be neat. They could incorporate pictures, artifacts, and sound bytes from past attractions, rides, resorts, etc.

I cannot believe that no one has said anything about the awful re-ferb of The Enchanted Tiki Room! Yes it is corny, yes it is dated, but it is a classic. I can barely stand to sit through the show now with Gilbert Godfred's "nails on a chalkboard" voice!

Oh boy THAT's an excellent suggestion.

We no longer even stop because of ... the voice. It used to be a cooling off stop we woul enjoy in the afternoon. Now we don't even pay attention to it.

GOOD pick! :thumbsup2

EPCOT: Now I haven't been here since 2004 and that was just a quick run through.

Bring back the original Figment ride.
Add a new country. India and Russia are good ideas.

AK:
Shade!!!
I heard a really good suggestion from a friend of mine. Add Australia. The animals there are really fascinating.
Explain the mysterious black birds on Kilimanjaro. XD

MK:
DO THE FANTASYLAND REFURB. Seriously it's like a sardine can in there!
I really think a WALL-E attraction is a good idea. Maybe where Stitch is?

MGM:
Add something in the streets of america. Maybe puts some real stores?
Refurbish the Muppet's. Don't change it, just update it.
Update Star Tours
Add some more rides or something.

Overall:

Add some extra blankets and pillows in the hotel rooms.
And for the love of Mickey, CHANGE THE WAKE UP CALLS. I heard the SAME EXACT ONE in May of this year as I did in June of 2004.

Oh boy THAT's an excellent suggestion.

We no longer even stop because of ... the voice. It used to be a cooling off stop we woul enjoy in the afternoon. Now we don't even pay attention to it.

GOOD pick! :thumbsup2

YES times 1,000!!!! please do something with this! there is excellent potential here with a complete overhaul but retaining it's original charm AND intent. it is terrible now.....so sad. Maybe go to it's original concept (I believe) of dinner show??

I guess I'll jump in and be the black sheep. I like it like it is; WITH Gilbert's cool sounding voice!!!:cool1::rotfl2:

I wish Disney would stop changing things. I agree that many of the original attractions were better than their replacements.

Disney needs to make more reference to the 1964/65 World's Fair. If they did, more people would truly understand "One Man's Dream". We grew up with Walt & his ideas, the Mouseketeers on TV, and simple things.

When my daughter (age 33) was recently browsing through our long-forgotten 1965 World's Fair book, her face said it all. She then understood Disney World - and simplicity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter