List of things I wish Disney would do at WDW

:confused3 "The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing," when it comes to reservations, you have the central or main ress. system and you have the DVC reservation system and they are not connected. OK, case-in-pt. , coming down for a week staying at OKW in Sept. , have enough pts. to stay there for 4 nights and the other 3 nights will be using $cash$. The central ress system is running a 42% off sale at the same DVC resort,so I made the reservation through the central ress. If I would have made the ress. with the DVC ress system when I booked those 4 nights with pts. it would have cost me around a $110.00 extra per night [they were not having the 42% sale]. So a week before I come down I have to call the main desk at OkW to make sure the two different reservations [ cash & using pts. ] are connected so we will be able to stay in the same room for the 7 nights we are there. Talk about an old computer system, or should I say the I T dept. who runs them.:surfweb: FIX THE PROBLEM PLEASE. :worship: The same thing happen to us in Sept. 2008. Any other DVC memeber ever have this problem ??? :confused:

Magic Kingdom:

Fantasyland:
Get rid of Ariel's Grotto and use the space to add another ride

Frontierland:
I don't mind if they keep the Country Bear Jamboree, but it DESPERATELY needs a MAJOR rehab.

Frontierland could also use another ride, maybe on Tom Sawyer Island or if there is space next to Big Thunder Mountain that would be an ideal spot.

Adventureland:
All i have to say is Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Get rid of it and put a new ride, or
turn it into Tarzan's Treehouse like they did in Disneyland. Tarzan's Treehouse is what I would prefer, but that's just me.

Tommorrowland:
As much as Cars may be my least favorite Pixar movie, just get it over with and change Indy to The Piston Cup.

Add a new ride where the failed Stitch show was, they should make a Meet the Robinson's 3D ride. something along the lines like Spider-man at Islands.

And finally my top 2 favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom, update the ending for Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress.

Hollywood Studios:

Expand Pixar Place and add Monsters. Inc coaster.

Update Star tours.

Add the Indiana Jones ride from California.

Change the Honey I Shrumk the Kids Playground to A Bug's Life theme or even Andy's Room and have the perspective of the toys.

Rehab the animation show, it was what I loved most about MGM Studios.

As much as the Backlot Tours give you something different, I think it's time is coming to an end. Either make it better like it used to be or make way for a huge addition that will bring in the crowds.

Rehab/ update The Great Movie Ride. Don't change it completely, but some sections can be replaced with new movies.

Lastly, REMOVE the sorcerer's hat, i love it, but it just doesn't belong there. The Chinese Theatre is beautiful and is the first image that comes to mind when it think of Hollywood Studios. Why not place the hat directly on top of the entrance, and make it so everyone has to go through it as they give their ticket.

EPCOT:

Bring back Dreamfinder, bring back Dreamfinder, bring back Dreamfinder. Do I make my point clear!?! They killed Journey into the Imagination. It's so generic now. I'm 27 now and when I was around 7 my eyes would open in amazement to the colors and beauty of the ride, you felt like you were in a world of imagination. So bring back that loving feeling, PLEASE.

Save The Land, really. Take Soarin' out, LOVE the ride, but I don't think it quite fits there. Give it its own pavillion and add a ride in The Land in which you learn more about it. Maybe an educational themed Wall-E would do.

Finding Nemo, love the movie, HATE the ride. Where is the learning and educating that EPCOT is suppose to be? Whats the point in Finding Nemo...AGAIN!!!

Change Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Make it a new 3D ride or put Soarin there

Maelstron respectively needs some TLC. It needs a major rehab, especially considering it's the only ride in World Showcase, and Mexico doesnt really count.

As a kid EPCOT was my favorite park, just not the World Showcase. Now that I'm older, World Showcase is my favorite part at EPCOT. A new country would add a breath of fresh foriegn air, right where the African merchant tents are. How about Russia, Ireland, Spain, or Australia?

Animal Kingdom:

Finding Nemo the Musical is beautiful, but I wish they would've kept Tarzan. It feels out of place to me, like they just wanted to add a popular movie. Animal Kingdom is not the Living Seas.

Add the Beastly Kingdomme. Animal Kingdom needs it. It's my least favorite of the 4 parks, but it is still nice. It just needs more rides other than Its Tough to be a Bug, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Everest, Kali River Rapids, and Dinosaur(which isn't all that impressive)

Magic Kingdom:

Update Buzz. Once you ride Toy Story Mania, Buzz looks awful.

Add an attraction or something to the site of where the Galaxy Palace Theater was.

Rockin' Space Mountain! Disneyland Space Mountain was awesome.

Get rid of Stich's Great Escape. It smells horrible in there and it's not even fun anymore. Put something else there.

Do something with both of the Skyway stations.

Epcot:

Do something with Wonders of Life. Re-open it, or put something else there.

Energy refurbishment. It really needs to be updated.

Something else like a roller coaster needs to go somewhere. Possibly where Wonders of Life is.

A new country.

Hollywood Studios:

Update Great Movie Ride

Get rid of the backlot tour. Now that Lights Motors Action is there, it's very unenjoyable and loud and pretty much useless. It was better when people actually worked in the animation building and the houses were there. It was better when it was actually a backlot tour. Now, it's nothing.

Pixar Place expansion.

Bring shows in that actually film and air on TV. So it can actually be a studio.

Bring the Indiana Jones ride from DL there.

Animal Kingdom:

Cover up the back of Everest. You can see it from Blizzard Beach and from the parking lot and it looks like a building. Horrible. Cover it up so it looks like a mountain.

Beastly Kingdomme. Camp Minnie and Micky is useless now that Pocahontas is gone. Just move the Lion King somewhere else.

Austrailia Land. There's land cleared behind Asia.

More indoor things. Going to AK when it's raining or boiling hot is a pain.

Waterparks:

Just a few more attractions.

Resorts:

A few more.

Overall:

A 5th park. I've heard rumors about a Villain Themed park. I don't like it. Every park has it's own specific theme. Magic. Future. Hollywood. Wildlife. Why not a Tropical themed park? It fits more than a Villain themed park.

:thumbsup2 The old Odyssey restaurant , turn it into a McDonalds. Kids know that type of food, and I bet the place would be full all the time. :thumbsup2 , but who am I , had my first 15 cent burger from there in 1957. :rotfl2:

I like most of the idea's. I hadn't thought of some of them.

I do not like the idea of a 5th park when so much stands empty and a waste of space in the other four. I'd rather see all the updates done

MK

Re do Snow White. This is the biggest waste of prime theme park space ever. Right in the middle of Fantasyland is a ride most small children are too afraid to ride.

Do something with the skyway ride.

Update the last CoP scene

Fix Stitch

Add more "scene's" to make the Walt Disney World railroad a more interesting trip.

Turn Tom Sawyer's island into a pirate island

Add another decent TS restaurant that is NOT a character meal.

Do something with Speedway. It is not worth the wait in line.

More tables for Pinnochio's.

That's all I can think of for MK at the moment

:thumbsup2 The old Odyssey restaurant , turn it into a McDonalds. Kids know that type of food, and I bet the place would be full all the time. :thumbsup2 , but who am I , had my first 15 cent burger from there in 1957. :rotfl2:

Oh God! Bite your tongue! McDonalds! Yikes, no, no, no..................:scared:
However, it would be great to bring back the original Odyssey concept. We only got to it a few times, but it was situated in what we thought was the neatest area. Sort of an out of the way, off-the-beaten-path type of place. But I guess maybe that's why they got rid of it. Not enough traffic in that area. Sad...:guilty:

I can see some of the ideas presented already could be done very cost effective that would make major improvements to existing buildings/rides.

MK:
Retheme the Indy speedway to Pixar Cars. There are plenty of characters to lend variety, and even if they keep the same gas powered mechanical cars, it's not much more than simple fiberglass covers. If they could slowly switch over to electric cars, that would be a noise/smell improvement.

Last scene in COP just needs a minor update.

Buzz could use a more modern GAME system while keeping the ride track/vehicle the same. Or eliminate the GAME since it's so inferior to TSM and convert it into an adventure story dark ride with some animatronics.

Swiss Family Treehouse into Tarzan. Some animatronic animals just out of reach, new props, and maybe a Meet & Greet at the end to encurage it's use.

I wish there was a little more going on between POTC and the Frontier/Liberty junction. Granted, with two mountains the area is always packed. Maybe some sort of 3D movie attraction similar to Micky's Philharmagic (bambi/pocahontas?) that could replace the aging bears show.

The train could be majorly improved with just more scenes to look at since it run outside of the park and most of the time is just looking at trees & shrubbery.

The major refurb of fantasyland seems exactly what MK needs. More open space in FL and removal of the "dead end" that is toontown.

Epcot:

wonders of Life needs a real sponsorship and the space used for something. Nothing seems worse to guests as empty buildings and wasted space.

The same for the empty building between mexico and Future area. Maybe even a simple walk through attraction that is low maintenance/cost such as an imagineering exhibit.

Rather than adding rides or additional full size pavilions, I think doing the Food & wine festival type booths more often could be a major boon. Same with a previous suggestion to have an "around the world" sample food plan.

Adding a couple more circlevision movies to the countries that don't have any attraction at all would be cost effective.

HS:
Backlot tour simply needs a prop update. The major vehicles and such seem to be from 1980's and early 1990's movies that a good chunk of the audience doesn't remember. Maybe tie it in more with the L&M stuntshow since that is a major addition in that area.

I would love to see some "street vendors" type food in the open streets of sanfran/NYC.

Startours. This ride could be soo soo soo popular again with simply a new movie theme'd with the recent starwars episode 1-3 movies or the new Clone Wars cartoon. Basic prop theming inside the ride. To this day I have no idea how Lucas didn't do this on their own or fund the update themselves solely for the publicity.

Same "current movie" theme update with Indy Stunt Show.

I really feel disney doesn't need more resorts, another park, or more thrill rides. Disney isn't going to be able to compete with Universal for teen thrill rides or teen/adult theme franchises. Trying to do so only pulls wdw father "off track" from it's roots as a family & kids place.

MK:
Bring back Alien Escape. Ditch Stitch.
POTC: There are TOO MANY Jack Sparrows!!! It more resembles his dream in the third movie. One appearance of Captn Jack is plenty.

EPCOT:
Bring back Tapestries of Nations!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
Bring back Akershus as a NON princess meal.
Bring back the ORIGINAL Mexico ride, but a bit more updated. Get rid of the 3 ducks. (applying flame screen)
(as earlier posted) Do something with Odyssey.
Do something with Body Wars
Bring back World of Motion but seriously updated.
Make the Odyssey Building a giant store like the one at DD. The shopping at Epcot is too cramped. One central location would be great. Remove all the little shops and replace them with more "around the world" food venders, but this time make it more exotic than F&WF. Maybe some chocolate covered bugs... Not that I'd eat them, but something you only try once and something more "fun".
We live in a giant world and they don't all eat like we do here in the US.

DHS:
More fire on Fantasmic.
FIREWORKS!!!!!

AK:
Fix the Yeti.

Bring back the original Journey Into Imagination. Maybe update the animatronics but according to extremely reliable sources all the track and the turntables are still there; only covered by a raised floor.

Or at least bring back the walk-around Dreamfinder with Figment.

effin A

And to Disney in general... We need more ANTENNA TOPPERS!!!! The ones out are cheaply made and the ears fall off. The glitter fades and changes color (or just falls off) and the designs are a bit lame really. They could do better. I understand they are cheap and made in China, but the ones we bought on our May 2009 trip have already been replaced!!!! Both the ears broke off my Sorcerer, and Mickey has ONE EAR on another of my vehicles. It's getting ridiculous. I'd pay more $ for a topper made by RUBBERMAID that would last a while.
Add more auto related stuff to the stores. The auto souvie section is looking smaller and smaller.
Back to the shopping... I should NEVER be told "You can only buy that at Downtown Disney". I don't always want to go there!!!! ANYTHING you want to buy should be at the parks.
While we're on shopping at the parks...
EVERY PARK should have a store that carries "emergency clothes". These should include UNDERWEAR (children have accidents!!!) socks!!! simple plain CHEAP $5Hanes shirts (they don't have to say Disney), CHEAP shorts (we once had to pay $40 for a pair when my son had an accident... just to wear them back to the room from the bathroom), CHEAP shoes in case you have blister problems. Yeah, with some shopping you can find these, but it's not always convenient. They wouldn't have to be $30 Disney Crocs, maybe some $15 Beach Crocs. Limit color to black for ease.
Not everyone who visits Disney can afford to drop inflated park prices when little disasters occur. I'm only saying maybe devote TWO RACKS in ONE store to simple basics for those "not so happy" moments.:idea:

And lastly... I wish Disney would create STRICT rules concerning the screens and flashes on cameras, camcorders, and cellphones!!!!! Oh, and I wish they would ENFORCE THEM!!!! Take COP for instance. They actually enforce those rules on that one ride. Why not on all the dark rides???
Nothing ruins a dark ride more than a person's camera flash in your eyes.

And to Disney in general... We need more ANTENNA TOPPERS!!!!

My guess is you'll see these slowly become discontinued in the next 5 years as more vehicles lose their traditional antennas for in-glass or other style (ie. Fin) antennas.

Add more auto related stuff to the stores. The auto souvie section is looking smaller and smaller.

I don't know if they need a ton more, but at least a few versions of the license plate frames would be good, and maybe a few more other odds and ends (maybe different color Mickey people).

The need to expand their pet collection. From a pure marketing perspective, its a huge market that gets minimal support at Disney. Their collar selection is horrible for small dogs (we have a Min-Pin).

At all 4 parks and DTD- make use of all the empty buildings and spaces. There are so many buildings that just stand empty right now (Adventureland Veranda building, Fantasyland Skyway station, the BRAND NEW Stitch show stages, Wonders of Life in Epcot, Odyssey building, many areas of DHS, ALL of Pleasure Island, etc) that could have restaurants, shows, or attractions built inside/in their place. We don't need another whole park- just utilize all the wasted space in the ones we already have.

At all 4 parks and DTD- make use of all the empty buildings and spaces. There are so many buildings that just stand empty right now (Adventureland Veranda building, Fantasyland Skyway station, the BRAND NEW Stitch show stages, Wonders of Life in Epcot, Odyssey building, many areas of DHS, ALL of Pleasure Island, etc) that could have restaurants, shows, or attractions built inside/in their place. We don't need another whole park- just utilize all the wasted space in the ones we already have.

OK, actually, they do use the old Odyssey reataurant for special events. {food and wine, flower and garden, discounted park tickets for longer stays to name a few}
Secondly, Yes, they DO need more parks as well. WDW has become so crowded because of all the special offers, such as free dining, 4 nights plus 3 free. They keep trying to put more bodies on property, with no place to put all of these people in the parks. A whole new park in definetley called for at this point.

My kid loves anything with stich so I would say keep him.
Now I would love the older hotels to go through some renovations. I stayed at the french quarter two years ago and some of the grout had mold in it and was starting to let go. And carpets where starting to fray.
I would love to see the Wonders of life to come back.
The grand prix needs to go, it is on a track, no fun!

And lastly... I wish Disney would create STRICT rules concerning the screens and flashes on cameras, camcorders, and cellphones!!!!! Oh, and I wish they would ENFORCE THEM!!!! Take COP for instance. They actually enforce those rules on that one ride. Why not on all the dark rides???
Nothing ruins a dark ride more than a person's camera flash in your eyes.
Enforcement of such a rule is very very difficult to do without pissing off visitors. I certainly agree with your sentiments but unfortunately in today's world people are NOT very considerate! All they think about is themselves. I think your experience at COP may be hit and miss like it is most places because I've been there and have seen many people not obeying the rules with no repercussion.

Enforcement of such a rule is very very difficult to do without pissing off visitors. I certainly agree with your sentiments but unfortunately in today's world people are NOT very considerate! All they think about is themselves. I think your experience at COP may be hit and miss like it is most places because I've been there and have seen many people not obeying the rules with no repercussion.
I have heard the voice come on many times and say things like "Please turn off all cameras" or "Please no video lighting" or whatever... I cant remember the exact words, but I've heard the person do it many times, which I think is great. I've also heard them remind people that there is no eating or drinking allowed. It was directed at me once actually.popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter