Lisa & Pete's DCL PJ & Trip Report - WEDDING VIDEO POSTED!!!

I didn't think of it that way! But yea, good Idea! We are planning on using ours as part of our photo cost!

Oooh... a DCL wedding... :)
When we went to our Palo ressie during our cruise this last november a wedding party arrived a little before we left.
They had to separate into 2 tables. One had a large round table in the middle of the restaurant and 1 smaller table by the window.

Everyone was still in their attire so I assume they just had their ceremony... it was so cute... :)

Will you be having your reception at Palo too? Palo is awesome...

ps: I'm so jealous you'll be getting a DCL pin... I almost wanted to do a DCL wedding just for that... :laughing: yeah... crazy huh?

lisa, your wedding sounds so great. it's what i really wanted but oh well! i'm so happy for you, it's going to be fantastic! how special!

Our cake reception will be in Palo. But that night we will eat in the regular dining room since we will have young kids with us. We do get to eat at Palo one night. I am not sure what night we are planning on doing it! I will make sure to take lots of pictures for everyone to see!

Caryn....You will love your wedding. I am excited for you! I can not wait to hear all about it!

Just found your PJ...love it!! We entertained the idea of a DCL wedding...but we have around 70 guests and his cousin already got married on a cruise ship. Anyhow...I LOVE the pics you have posted so far and LOVE the proposal!! We'll be cruising for our honeymoon on DCL about a month after your wedding.. I'll be thinking of you! :)

Cameron991! HI!

If you contact a Travel Agent and get them to set you up a Group Travel trip you get some benefits. You get to have welcome gift basket or bottle of wine in each room, you get to make sure your party will all be together for your main meal, you get $50 off of each room as a group booking discount and if you book 8 rooms you get an additional $400 on board credit added to your room.

It is no trouble at all. I am more then happy to share the information! I had a hard time finding someone to help me!

Thank you so much!! You have been very helpful! We don't plan to exceed the 50 guest limit...I would have been OK with 20 but now we are able to at least invite more people as I am sure they will not all choose to come.

If you do the group discount you mentioned do all the reservations need to be made at the same time?

Suzanne

:goodvibes
I just stopped by as an old former Disney bride ( :rolleyes: 5 years) , to say that I can't wait to read more about your DCL wedding! The ring is stunning and the invites also!
Congrats!

Just found your PJ...love it!! We entertained the idea of a DCL wedding...but we have around 70 guests and his cousin already got married on a cruise ship. Anyhow...I LOVE the pics you have posted so far and LOVE the proposal!! We'll be cruising for our honeymoon on DCL about a month after your wedding.. I'll be thinking of you! :)

I hope you have a great Honeymoon!!!! It will be wonderful I am sure!

Your ring is sooo cute! Great PJ!

Thank you, My Boy did a Good job!

:goodvibes
I just stopped by as an old former Disney bride ( :rolleyes: 5 years) , to say that I can't wait to read more about your DCL wedding! The ring is stunning and the invites also!
Congrats!

Thank you! I am glad people are enjoying it!

cameron991 said:
Thank you so much!! You have been very helpful! We don't plan to exceed the 50 guest limit...I would have been OK with 20 but now we are able to at least invite more people as I am sure they will not all choose to come.

If you do the group discount you mentioned do all the reservations need to be made at the same time?

Suzanne

No everyone doesn't have to book at once. You can get the "group" set up and then peole can reserve the cat. of room they want for a $50 deposit. Then whe they are ready to book they can book at any time. It works out great! We still have people who haven't booked yet, but as long as they are all booked through the group travel department everyone will get the $50 discount and the gift and be all link together!

Kristen14 said:
What do you do for photography? Can you hire a photographer?

Kristen...I guess you could hire a photographer, but they would need to be on the ship. Actually Disney has Photography on the ship and has a few packages. Here is the cost per our planning contract:

Photography Packages
The following packages are available through the ships’ photographers:

Wishes Package
$399.95
Includes:
30 – 5x7 Weddings Photographs
6 – 8x10 Weddings Photographs
1 – 8x10 Customized Portfolio
1 – Special Weddings Photo Album
1 Hour of Photography Services

Dreams Package
$599.95
Includes:
45 – 5x7 Weddings Photographs
10 - 8x10 Weddings Photographs
2 – 5x7 Customized Portfolios
1 – Special Weddings Photo Album

Magic Package
$899.95
Includes:
75 – 5x7 Weddings Photographs
15 – 8x10 Weddings Photographs
2 – 5x7 Customized Portfolios
2 – Special Weddings Albums
Photo CD

** Additional Options
Photo CD - $449.95
Extra 5x7’s - $6.95 ea.
Extra 8x10’s - $19.95 ea.

Additional Photography Services - $85.00 per hour.

Packages are charged to your onboard account.
We are going with the Magic Package since it includes all the photos on a cd. You can also get the Magic Kingdom Photos if you honeymoon in Disney since you are a Disney Fairytail Bride.

Sounds great Lisa! It seems like there's really nothing extra you'd have to do... that would've saved me a lot of sanity!

I never realized how reasonably priced the DCL weddings were, wish i would have known!!

Everything sounds great, congratulations!

I'm glad I found your PJ! I will certainly be following your DCL wedding planning! DH and I were engaged on Castaway Cay last March and we got married at WDW this December. I've put a loooooong hold on any vow renewals, but I think DCL would be so much fun!! Hopefully they're still doing them in 10-15 years. :rotfl:

I love the dresses you're looking at. I am loving dress #5 because it is sort of similar to my wedding dress. Whatever you decide, you will look fantastic on your big day! Can't wait to read all about your planning.

Hi Lisa, thanks for starting a DCL PJ, it's great to hear all the information!

party: Congratulations on your engagement, I LOVED hearing your story! :lovestruc

I think your makeup looks fantastic!! My favourite dresses are 3 and 5, but I'm sure you'll look FANTASTIC in any of them!

I just had some questions for you too, I hope you don't mind!

Do you know if you're able to have characters come to your cake reception at Palo?

Are you allowed/planning to wear your wedding gown to dinner at the rotational restaurant the night of your wedding?

Are you adding any time to your photography package? Or sticking with just the hour?

Caryn - We have a bunch of people coming with us! Like 30-40. I can not wait. Plus since I am still a Disney Fairytail Bride, I can still have a Magic Kingdom Photo Session!

B2B - I added you PJ to my list! You have so much done already! WOW!

Shez - Do you have a PJ? That is so awesome you will be on my Cruise!

Lov2b@Disney - Thanks, I was worried doing them myself that they would look Cheesy, but most people didn't even know I did them myself.

BostonBride - I was floored! He was so Thoughtful. Every year since we have been dating he has given me a SnowGlobe for Christmas, It has been "our Thing" and he said he couldn't propose with out one!

Ilovefh - Thank you!

Everyone - WELCOME!

Hi Lisa,

I really like dress number 2 and 5 as well!

I do not have a PJ yet. I don't feel like I have anything planned! I haven't been dress shopping, do not have invitations picked......... :scared1: I am going down for a planning session in March so after that I will start one. Right now I think I am more excited about the cruise than the wedding!

Sounds great Lisa! It seems like there's really nothing extra you'd have to do... that would've saved me a lot of sanity!

Kristen - They take care of so much for you! It is great. We have alot of people coming and we are planning on coming to FL the day before the wedding and then my DF and I are taking everyone to Ohana's for Dinner, like a rehersal dinner. I have to plan all of that and book thier hotel rooms, but it is all stuff I love!

those photo packages are great deals!

They really are affordable and the best part, you get ALL of your finished photos before you get off of the ship! They print them right there.

I never realized how reasonably priced the DCL weddings were, wish i would have known!!

Everything sounds great, congratulations!

Thank you! It is a great price! My dream was a Fairytail wedding in WDW, but didn't think I could afford it so DCL was the next best thing.

JaxTeach said:
I'm glad I found your PJ! I will certainly be following your DCL wedding planning! DH and I were engaged on Castaway Cay last March and we got married at WDW this December. I've put a loooooong hold on any vow renewals, but I think DCL would be so much fun!! Hopefully they're still doing them in 10-15 years. :rotfl:

I love the dresses you're looking at. I am loving dress #5 because it is sort of similar to my wedding dress. Whatever you decide, you will look fantastic on your big day! Can't wait to read all about your planning.

Thank you! Castaway Cay is a great place, how special to get engaged there! I read your Planning Journal, your wedding sounded wonderful!

Wazzo said:
Hi Lisa, thanks for starting a DCL PJ, it's great to hear all the information!

party: Congratulations on your engagement, I LOVED hearing your story! :lovestruc

I think your makeup looks fantastic!! My favourite dresses are 3 and 5, but I'm sure you'll look FANTASTIC in any of them!

I just had some questions for you too, I hope you don't mind!

Do you know if you're able to have characters come to your cake reception at Palo?

Are you allowed/planning to wear your wedding gown to dinner at the rotational restaurant the night of your wedding?

Are you adding any time to your photography package? Or sticking with just the hour?

Thank you soo much!

I am not sure that the official word on Characters is, I did read Oceanlvr's Wedding Report and I know him and his wife had Cinderella at thier Palo Reception.

You are allowed to wear your dress to dinner. I am not going to only because I have a Magic Kingdom Photo Shoot planned for the first day of our honeymoon and I am scared I would spill something on my dress. LOL

I am not sure if I am adding any time to my photo package. Most likely not since we are doing the Magic Kingdom/Epcot Photo sessions.

shezfrombermuda said:
Hi Lisa,

I really like dress number 2 and 5 as well!

I do not have a PJ yet. I don't feel like I have anything planned! I haven't been dress shopping, do not have invitations picked......... :scared1: I am going down for a planning session in March so after that I will start one. Right now I think I am more excited about the cruise than the wedding!

Please come back and let us all know as soon as you have your Planning Journal started!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter