Lisa & Pete's DCL PJ & Trip Report - WEDDING VIDEO POSTED!!!

Goldeelox9

Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008
TRIP REPORT STARTS ON PAGE 46. DAY ONE!

DAY TWO

DAY THREE

DAY FOUR (part one)

DAY FOUR (part two)

DAY FOUR (part three)

DAY FIVE

DAY SIX

DAY SEVEN

DAY EIGHT

DAY NINE

DAY TEN

DAY ELEVEN

DAY TWELVE

HOME RECEPTION

MY WEDDING VIDEO!

:bride: I have read everyone's planning journals and I love them. I thought I would start one. I hope you all enjoy!

So alittle about us!

My name is Lisa and I am 29 years old! I am a legal assistant for a law firm in Downtown Baltimore & a Disney Vacation Planner / Agent. I was born and raised in Baltimore! I am also the Disney lover in the relationship. Although after only one trip to Disney last February my Sweetie fell in love with the House of Mouse.

My DF name is Pete and he is 31. He was born in New Jersey and then went to Chiropractic College in Iowa. We met the week he moved to Baltimore and have been inseperable ever since. He is working as a manager for a Disease Managment Company in Baltimore.

Before we got engaged we had agreed on a wedding in Las Vegas. All of his wedding guest will have to travel and since my Mom past away a few years ago and I had one failed engagement that had got as far as booking EVERYTHING here in Baltimore I didn't want to get married in my home town. Right before we got engaged the Disney Wedding show came on the Food Network and I totally fell in love. I wanted a Disney Fairytail Wedding. I knew we could not afford it, but I watched the show over and over on TiVo. Finally my DF suggested a wedding on the Disney Cruise and a Honey Moon in Disney World. I was all for it.

We booked our Disney Cruise line wedding in October and we are getting married on the November 2nd sailing of the Disney Wonder. Since I am a travel agent I am able to book all of my guests on our cruise. It is working out well.

Ok so here is the story complete with pictures.

Pete, out of the blue, says to me "I Have a present for you". Instantly I hope for an engagement ring. Hey, I'm a girl ok!! So I am sitting in the chair in the dining room and he comes at me with a huge bag.

Huge Bag = No ring

I am still excited to be getting a present, I love presents! On top of the bag is the sweetest, most genuine love letter I have ever read. I start crying and he laughs at me. LOL Then he tells me open my present and I reach in the bag and it is a HUGE box. I open the box and there is something breakable inside. I lift off the top styrofome and there is the prettiest Disney Snow Globe.

1460326608_c89d3ebb33.jpg

I take a closer look and I see that it is inscribed with a message!

1460325670_bf3e3f629f.jpg

I read it and look at Pete and read it again and then Pete looks into my eyes, as he is pulling a ring box out of his pocket and says "So, Will You Marry Me?" I said "Yes!" and I held my hand out, it was all shaky and he took the ring in his fingers, he was all shaky too and he placed it on my finger. I was really crying now! He put the prettiest ring I HAVE EVER SEEN on to my shaky hand. It is so shiny and sparkly and set in platinum!

1480836344_84c7eee276.jpg

He hugged me and kissed me and told me how much he loved me. Then he said "There is one more thing." I said "No, there isn't, this can not be topped." I took another box out of the gift bag and inside was a Pewter DVD case, that he also had inscribed.There is space inside for a DVD and a Picture! How awesome. So then he says to me "Did you see I had them put Lisa & Pete's Magical Wedding Day?" I said "that is why I am crying again! LOL So we are engaged! I am so so excited! I love this man more then life it's self!

1459464145_3a36970181.jpg
Here are the rest of the pictures of my ring I have taken so far!

Now onto this Mickey Mouse Ring Rumor …… It’s not a Mickey Mouse Ring, not a real one, I am sure the designer of the Ring wasn’t designing the ring to have a Mickey head in it (although there is a designer who specializes in Disney Jewelry), It just looks like one. Pete said he picked it because the three side diamonds reminded him of the Mickey Mouse diamond earrings I wear every day, except all three side diamonds are the same size and the bottom one isn’t bigger (like on the earrings), but didn’t think anyone else would notice. He was shocked by how many other people see the “Hidden Mickey” I seen it right away! He was all surprised, he thought it would be our own private hidden Mickey. ;) I think if people didn’t know about my love of all things Disney, they wouldn’t see it so readily! I love it, I love how it isn’t all flashy Mickey Mouse in your face, and how it still very much looks like an engagement ring, with only a tiny hidden Disney touch! :)

1460331618_6845297c1a.jpg

ooooo a new pj, what exciting fun! i always thought your ring was a hidden mickey ring! congrats on your engagement! i'm jealous that you got the cd case, they don't have it anymore and i kept waiting and waiting to buy it :headache:

Congratulations to you both. I love your story and your engagement ring. Can't wait to see more, happy planning.

Thanks guys!

Caryndisneydiva - Only us Disney lovers see it. I have showed it to non Disney lovers and they never see it! LOL

B2B-2008v - Thank you...Do you have a PJ?

Ticky Toria - Thank you so much!

Meow Goddes - Thank you. I am getting ready to post more of the pnanning I have done so far!

mcarthur2005 - Thank you so much!

Invitations!

Since we are getting married on the Disney Cruise we wanted to give everyone lots of notice! I mailed my invitations out so they would be delivered exactally one year to the day from when the ship sets sail!

I made the invatations in Photo Shop using a picture I took while we were on Vacation in San Carlos, Mexico in October. It took hours to collect enough shells to spell out "Pete and Lisa". I had them printed at kinkos on glossy card stock. It's less glossy then Photopaper, but glossier them matte finished card stock. They cost $1.00 per page to print and I had two invitations on each page. I used a paper cutter to cut them in half after printing. Then I put them in thier own envelope and wrote the guests names on the outside. Kind of like the "inside envelope" of formal invitations.

1857446956_6a98b665f8.jpg

Also in the wedding packets I included a price list, a book about the Disney Cruise Line (I am a part time travel agent and got Disney to send me TONS of promotional stuff); a Passport Application, a letter from DF & I and an artical about Disney Cruise Line, not just for kids!

They cost so much to mail out, but looked really nice. I added Mickey confetti to the packages and used Disney Stamps and Stickers. We sent out about 60 invitations.

1812382384_277ca58197_m.jpg
1811537957_e7e2ea926d_m.jpg

I also Hand Canceled my invatations at the post office. If you ask them for the stamper they will let you do it. That way your invites do not have to go through the cancelation machien.

oooooooooo, a disney cruise wedding. that's REALLY what i wanted, but my guest count is waaaay too high. i'm jealous of you! i think we're going to do the dcl for our 1st anniv...

i LOVE your invitations. that is such a great idea! i love how personal they are! great job!

Congratulations! I love the snow globe and the ring!

I am getting married in Disney and will be on my honeymoon on the same cruise!

Congratulations! I love the snow globe and the ring!

I am getting married in Disney and will be on my honeymoon on the same cruise!

Ohh Really!!! Well I will keep you informed of the time and all and you are more then welcomed to come onto Castaway Cay early and waatch our wedding!!!! We will have to get together for drinks!

Caryn - We have a bunch of people coming with us! Like 30-40. I can not wait. Plus since I am still a Disney Fairytail Bride, I can still have a Magic Kingdom Photo Session!

B2B - I added you PJ to my list! You have so much done already! WOW!

Shez - Do you have a PJ? That is so awesome you will be on my Cruise!

Lov2b@Disney - Thanks, I was worried doing them myself that they would look Cheesy, but most people didn't even know I did them myself.

BostonBride - I was floored! He was so Thoughtful. Every year since we have been dating he has given me a SnowGlobe for Christmas, It has been "our Thing" and he said he couldn't propose with out one!

Ilovefh - Thank you!

Everyone - WELCOME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter