Life is too short for self-hatred and celery sticks: final update 12/29, p.98

Mnn...yes and no. She is good but not "top". And the reality is that there are a lot of good players. The top girls her age are already committed to schools believe it or not including several of her friends. She should be able to play somewhere if that is what she wants. The challenge is figuring out if what she wants is realistic based on her commitment, grades and yes, aggression. It isn't for everyone and the girls that are getting those spots are self promoters or absolutely amazing or both. She isn't quite there on any of those things. Which personally is fine with me, I certainly wasn't and wouldn't be but depending on what level she wants to play at, it's kind of required. She really likes Vanderbilt and academically it's a good fit if she can get her SAT scores where they need to be. I think she has an ok chance of playing there but I don't know that it would include any money at all which is a problem. The other 2 schools are D2 versus D1 but one isn't all that exciting academically or location wise (solid but boring lol but a really great soccer program and as it is in state, it would be SO cool financially) and the other is an amazing school (Colorado School of Mines) but she really wants life sciences...not earth and that makes it not a good fit at all which is a bit of a bummer. Her chances for money at Mines is there though.

Mines is amazing....I hired a girl here straight from Mines with a EE degree. Plus Colorado is super cool. ;)

Jill in CO

Mines is amazing....I hired a girl here straight from Mines with a EE degree. Plus Colorado is super cool. ;)

Jill in CO

Agreed and Agreed. We currently have 2 of our experts that are from Mines (both Metallurgical/Materials, one a PhD) and have 2 more starting this month, one right out of school (PhD Mechanical).

There is an environmental program that is possibly a good fit but it's a minor...and for a girl that really isn't sure what she wants, being locked into an earth science focused school probably isn't best. Which is a bit of a bummer. But you never know.

She will also visit CU (Boulder) and Colorado State on the same visit.

To your date question....current "soft" date is around May 12th ish based on when I think State cup will be. BUT...if Kendall moves into an ECNL league after this State Cup (5/12/13) it won't be as tied to that and I'm not sure what that will mean in terms of date flexibility if anything. However I should know before the 7m date either way. I believe ideally Mary Ellen would like to go a little earlier than that if it can work.

YES - what she said. I'm good with those dates. Originally I had thought it would be fun to go in March, but since I will be starting a new job in July and I have the October trip that I need ask off for, middle of May actually makes more sense. That way my trips are about 6 months apart. Main thing is I want a F&G trip. :thumbsup2 So Cynthia can pick the actual dates. I'm flexible!

My boys will both me in school until about the third week of May, since they both attend colleges that have a winter session, thus their spring semester starts a little later.

Now - back to your update......

Yeah for throwing caution to the wind and taking cell phone pics on EE - front and back! Love the smile on everyone's face. Love your "one Handed" picture (as opposed to no hands). :rotfl:

I also love that sunset. The nice thing about October is the sunset is so pretty. And for some reason I love watching the sun go down in AK.

Nice picture of the elusive lion. I hope I am able to snag a picture of him or her....oh....someday. :worship:

Jill in CO

Not to hijack, but when I was looking at colleges for Nick I was definitely intrigued by this school. Amazing ratings.

Mnn...yes and no. She is good but not "top". And the reality is that there are a lot of good players. The top girls her age are already committed to schools believe it or not including several of her friends. She should be able to play somewhere if that is what she wants. The challenge is figuring out if what she wants is realistic based on her commitment, grades and yes, aggression. It isn't for everyone and the girls that are getting those spots are self promoters or absolutely amazing or both. She isn't quite there on any of those things. Which personally is fine with me, I certainly wasn't and wouldn't be but depending on what level she wants to play at, it's kind of required. She really likes Vanderbilt and academically it's a good fit if she can get her SAT scores where they need to be. I think she has an ok chance of playing there but I don't know that it would include any money at all which is a problem. The other 2 schools are D2 versus D1 but one isn't all that exciting academically or location wise (solid but boring lol but a really great soccer program and as it is in state, it would be SO cool financially) and the other is an amazing school (Colorado School of Mines) but she really wants life sciences...not earth and that makes it not a good fit at all which is a bit of a bummer. Her chances for money at Mines is there though.

I need to verse myself on this scholarship stuff, do you have a site you refer to or the schools site?

Those darn SAT scores will be the death of me. Of us. Seriously. So much importance is placed upon them.

Good for her for knowing what she wants to concentrate on. She's a smart girl. I'm sure the right match will make itself clear.​

Who knows, very likely something not even on the radar could bubble up. Many of the ones she is very interested in...haven't nibbled back. It's a hard road this thing that's for sure. She may move teams after state cup and that would help her exposure. Assuming she makes this other team, that's stressful too. Frustrating part is she truly does have the ability to be top and we've seen it, especially with her HS team but her club coach now....:confused3 ugh. I think he's going to have a major bail out at the end of the season, it will be interesting to see.

Really? Why are they bailing? Is he proactive with getting her name out and the schools to come watch them play?​

Nor should you!

The last delivery guy told me that if the chair isn't perfect to call back, so I did.​

That is a rule that we enforce but we also have the no TV in bedroom(s) rule so that helps. :thumbsup2

We won this tv so we put it in our room. It's only got Apple TV so no cable or channels, just Netflix and we can stream from the Mac. The kids don't have TV in their rooms. Or computers.​

Our office is also kid free though that one is much harder to enforce.

We have three bathroom and only MY shower gets used. The kids don't use theirs so they don't have to clean it. :rolleyes1

Just checking in over here so that I can leave more front page real estate on my new PTR, but it cracks me up that I hadn't even posted a link on my old PTR to the new and you already found it! :rotfl:

I logged in and there is was. Good read. :thumbsup2 It's going to be such a fun trip.​

Jill in CO

I agreed with Jill, Colorado is very cool. It's gorgeous like Utah minus the stifling repression. :rotfl2:

YES - what she said. I'm good with those dates. Originally I had thought it would be fun to go in March, but since I will be starting a new job in July and I have the October trip that I need ask off for, middle of May actually makes more sense. That way my trips are about 6 months apart. Main thing is I want a F&G trip. :thumbsup2 So Cynthia can pick the actual dates. I'm flexible!
I'm behind; you found a job? :goodvibes Awesome! And that's great you'll get some of the summer off before starting. What will you be doing, what specialty?​

Now - back to your update......

Yeah for throwing caution to the wind and taking cell phone pics on EE - front and back! Love the smile on everyone's face. Love your "one Handed" picture (as opposed to no hands). :rotfl:

I also love that sunset. The nice thing about October is the sunset is so pretty. And for some reason I love watching the sun go down in AK.

Nice picture of the elusive lion. I hope I am able to snag a picture of him or her....oh....someday. :worship:

We get pretty lucky with big cat photos. We've seen them awake on every safari. They're so majestic.

It's the first sunset I've seen in AK and it was remarkable. Can't wait for the next.

EE is so much fun. It's a family favorite. It's impossible not to have fun on it.​

Not to hijack, but when I was looking at colleges for Nick I was definitely intrigued by this school. Amazing ratings.

Hijack away. That's sometimes the best part of a report. I like the chatter as much as the report. :goodvibes

I need to verse myself on this scholarship stuff, do you have a site you refer to or the schools site?​

Neither of the above. Some schools have good sites for that stuff but hers isn't one of them. The boys are supposedly starting a new system that will be good for them in terms of matching but too early to tell. We are amazingly old school and it's all word of mouth info. Realistically though we figure we can't and shouldn't count on anything, it's gravy it if happens and if it does may open up schools that we couldn't otherwise consider. She may not get a match at all, you just don't really know. And even if you do, they school could get a new coach who changes their mind. It has happened to several people, one who is a senior and scrambling. It happened to K too but that was more of just an interest in having her visit, not a verbal commitment like this other player we know. It's pretty brutal. I commend those who want it that badly but we will understand if she decided not to (not sure her mom would though).

Those darn SAT scores will be the death of me. Of us. Seriously. So much importance is placed upon them.

Yah, she has an ugly Sat. SAT in the am and then a 7pm state cup quarterfinal game. BLEH. Oh wait we have an ugly Saturday...Evan has 2 Trombone competition performances in the middle of all of that :rotfl2:

Really? Why are they bailing? Is he proactive with getting her name out and the schools to come watch them play?​

Nope, he isn't. Now...that said.... technically he is not allowed to do a lot and neither are the schools. Pretty strict rules around all of it. It is supposed to be player driven. But is he giving guidance on good fits, etc? Nope, not an iota and he absolutely should be doing that. He knows the game, but honestly he is just not that great of a coach in our opinion in terms of getting the team to act like a team and really getting the most out of his players so they develop. It's a bunch of really talented girls that aren't in our opinion, living up to their potential.

We won this tv so we put it in our room. It's only got Apple TV so no cable or channels, just Netflix and we can stream from the Mac. The kids don't have TV in their rooms. Or computers.​

Same here. K technically has a TV but that's also the "play" and guest room when she isn't there and is set up with a lock code to restrict hours :rotfl2:

We have three bathroom and only MY shower gets used. The kids don't use theirs so they don't have to clean it. :rolleyes1

That would SO not happen at my house. I hate letting Jeff's folks use it when they visit, or letting K use the jacuzzi tub after a game. The boys have never been allowed to use it and I'm ok keeping it that way unless there is a sports reason for the big tub at some point. LOL​

Neither of the above. Some schools have good sites for that stuff but hers isn't one of them. The boys are supposedly starting a new system that will be good for them in terms of matching but too early to tell. We are amazingly old school and it's all word of mouth info. Realistically though we figure we can't and shouldn't count on anything, it's gravy it if happens and if it does may open up schools that we couldn't otherwise consider. She may not get a match at all, you just don't really know. And even if you do, they school could get a new coach who changes their mind. It has happened to several people, one who is a senior and scrambling. It happened to K too but that was more of just an interest in having her visit, not a verbal commitment like this other player we know. It's pretty brutal. I commend those who want it that badly but we will understand if she decided not to (not sure her mom would though).

Its sounds harrowing. I didn't even think about coaches changing. That could mess up everything in terms of what positions they're trying to fill. :headache: Crazy. It's its own little sub culture for sure.​

Yah, she has an ugly Sat. SAT in the am and then a 7pm state cup quarterfinal game. BLEH. Oh wait we have an ugly Saturday...Evan has 2 Trombone competition performances in the middle of all of that :rotfl2:

I won't even line the chickens cage with Gabby's PLAN score (pre-ACT). It was scary and not surprising.

That's a parent ugly Saturday for sure. :rotfl: We've got a spa day and then dinner with friends. :thumbsup2

Nope, he isn't. Now...that said.... technically he is not allowed to do a lot and neither are the schools. Pretty strict rules around all of it. It is supposed to be player driven. But is he giving guidance on good fits, etc? Nope, not an iota and he absolutely should be doing that. He knows the game, but honestly he is just not that great of a coach in our opinion in terms of getting the team to act like a team and really getting the most out of his players so they develop. It's a bunch of really talented girls that aren't in our opinion, living up to their potential.

Thats a huge bummer. I agree he should follow the rules but he should be getting the allowable info out there. Joshua's club is excellent about getting info out. Gabby's not so much but she'd never get a soccer scholarship. It's truly expensive recreation for her at this point. :rolleyes1 And I'm the sucker that keeps paying however Michael makes good points about it being fun, healthy, good for her in terms of being part of a team etc....​

Same here. K technically has a TV but that's also the "play" and guest room when she isn't there and is set up with a lock code to restrict hours :rotfl2:

Good for you! I keep forgetting you don't have K full time.​

That would SO not happen at my house. I hate letting Jeff's folks use it when they visit, or letting K use the jacuzzi tub after a game. The boys have never been allowed to use it and I'm ok keeping it that way unless there is a sports reason for the big tub at some point. LOL

Every fire family I know has two ways the house is ran; one for when dads on shift and one for when dad is home. Mine are in my jetted tub all of the time. And they have their own jetted tub. :laughing: I'm a softie. I won't tell you that I warm towels in the winter or make them food and hot chocolate for when they're relaxing in the tub. Nope, I won't tell you that.​

Its sounds harrowing. I didn't even think about coaches changing. That could mess up everything in terms of what positions they're trying to fill. :headache: Crazy. It's its own little sub culture for sure.

I won't even line the chickens cage with Gabby's PLAN score (pre-ACT). It was scary and not surprising.

That's a parent ugly Saturday for sure. :rotfl: We've got a spa day and then dinner with friends. :thumbsup2

I want your Saturday! Want to trade? Sunday is bark delivery and I am SO not ready for it weeding wise. UGH.

K's practice SAT was not good and frankly was a bit surprising. She's had a prep class since then...will be interesting to see.

Thats a huge bummer. I agree he should follow the rules but he should be getting the allowable info out there. Joshua's club is excellent about getting info out. Gabby's not so much but she'd never get a soccer scholarship. It's truly expensive recreation for her at this point. :rolleyes1 And I'm the sucker that keeps paying however Michael makes good points about it being fun, healthy, good for her in terms of being part of a team etc....​

I'd agree with Michael on that one and if they aren't a traveling team it's not so bad comparatively.

Our team manager gets info out....when he knows it. The missing element to me is any kind of guidance as to what schools/teams/levels might be a good fit for her and attainable, strategies for letters etc (from the coach, not team manager) that kind of thing. The coach should, in my opinion, be looking at the whole player in terms over overall academics, interests and playing ability. Her old coach did and has provided some good input. Sadly, her old coach who we adored, was just not at a very good club so the level of players on her team brought K down. In that situation her coach got the very best she could out of the team...they were just limited in where they could go with it. This is the opposite of that, so much talent really being left on the table it is sad to watch. K is getting much better exposure than before to be sure with the move but hasn't grown as a player.

Of course if someone changes your position constantly that's hard to do. :worried:

Every fire family I know has two ways the house is ran; one for when dads on shift and one for when dad is home. Mine are in my jetted tub all of the time. And they have their own jetted tub. :laughing: I'm a softie. I won't tell you that I warm towels in the winter or make them food and hot chocolate for when they're relaxing in the tub. Nope, I won't tell you that.​

LOL! I'm not sure softie is the word, you are just much nicer and far more giving than I. I do think that each family has a different dynamic period when it's just one parent on duty. Whether it's the dad allowing scarier movies or kids to go farther away (or later) solo or the mom allowing more treats or other indulgences...it's just different.

You let them EAT in your bathroom? :scared1: I don't eat in my bathroom. LOL! Coffee....water.....wine. That's it. Then again no one is allowed to eat anywhere but the kitchen (or outside). Really does cut down on the cleaning. :lmao:

And warm towels. Can you be my mom?

Agreed and Agreed. We currently have 2 of our experts that are from Mines (both Metallurgical/Materials, one a PhD) and have 2 more starting this month, one right out of school (PhD Mechanical).

There is an environmental program that is possibly a good fit but it's a minor...and for a girl that really isn't sure what she wants, being locked into an earth science focused school probably isn't best. Which is a bit of a bummer. But you never know.

She will also visit CU (Boulder) and Colorado State on the same visit.

Very cool! I wanted to go to CU so bad when i was in HS but I just couldn't justify the out of state tuition. I know lots of CU, CSU, and Mines grads so if she or you want to talk to any "real" grads I could get you some contact info.

BTW, the boy-girl ratio at Mines is very much in K's favor. ;)

Jill in CO

I want your Saturday! Want to trade? Sunday is bark delivery and I am SO not ready for it weeding wise. UGH.

No. :rotfl: The salon Michael and I go to is having a spa day and haircuts are only $20 for certain stylists so all 5 of us are going. I get my hair trimmed every three months so I'm going for the wine and cheese and a pedicure. Michael is going to our regular stylist and the kids are going to three new ones. We are ditching them for dinner though.

Our bark comes Thursday. It'll be bark Sunday for us. Hate bark Sundays. :sad: I can already feel the blisters forming.​

K's practice SAT was not good and frankly was a bit surprising. She's had a prep class since then...will be interesting to see.

How much was the prep course? I never took the SAT or ACT. I went into CSULB with my AA from a JC.

I'd agree with Michael on that one and if they aren't a traveling team it's not so bad comparatively.

Our team manager gets info out....when he knows it. The missing element to me is any kind of guidance as to what schools/teams/levels might be a good fit for her and attainable, strategies for letters etc (from the coach, not team manager) that kind of thing. The coach should, in my opinion, be looking at the whole player in terms over overall academics, interests and playing ability. Her old coach did and has provided some good input. Sadly, her old coach who we adored, was just not at a very good club so the level of players on her team brought K down. In that situation her coach got the very best she could out of the team...they were just limited in where they could go with it. This is the opposite of that, so much talent really being left on the table it is sad to watch. K is getting much better exposure than before to be sure with the move but hasn't grown as a player.

Of course if someone changes your position constantly that's hard to do. :worried:

Thats too bad really to not bring out all of the talent possible. That's rough changing clubs. Joshua changed last year but almost his entire team and coach changed. I like the philosophy of Gabby's club better but Joshua's produces. He takes much more serious than Gabby.

Her team travels instate so its manageable. Joshua's may travel out of state next year. They're going from D2 to D1 or Premium 2.​

LOL! I'm not sure softie is the word, you are just much nicer and far more giving than I. I do think that each family has a different dynamic period when it's just one parent on duty. Whether it's the dad allowing scarier movies or kids to go farther away (or later) solo or the mom allowing more treats or other indulgences...it's just different.

:rotfl2: For sure. We abide by dads rules when he's home like how much to feed the dog blah blah blah. Thankfully we don't differ on the biggies so its not a stressful transition. Maybe a little inconsistent but not stressful. ;)

You let them EAT in your bathroom? :scared1: I don't eat in my bathroom. LOL! Coffee....water.....wine. That's it. Then again no one is allowed to eat anywhere but the kitchen (or outside). Really does cut down on the cleaning. :lmao:

And warm towels. Can you be my mom?

I do let them eat in the bathroom. I don't eat in the bathroom. :scared: But I don't care if they do. I'm sure it would make things cleaner if I didn't let them eat all over. I do draw the line at food upstairs and in their bedrooms. I used to say kitchen only and then I got tired of nagging, Michael included. It's easier to run the vacuum a few extra times a week especially when that's their chore.

I'll be your mom. :flower3: And I'll make you quesadillas while you soak in the tub.

No. :rotfl: The salon Michael and I go to is having a spa day and haircuts are only $20 for certain stylists so all 5 of us are going. I get my hair trimmed every three months so I'm going for the wine and cheese and a pedicure. Michael is going to our regular stylist and the kids are going to three new ones. We are ditching them for dinner though.

Our bark comes Thursday. It'll be bark Sunday for us. Hate bark Sundays. :sad: I can already feel the blisters forming.​

I have a haircut tomorrow, can't wait. I'm on about the same schedule, every 3 months although it may have been longer I don't even know. Bark is NO fun. We are having it blown in this time, ours is all hills and it's a nightmare to spread otherwise but it really needs to be weeded better before that happens and I don't know that it will happen based on Sat's timeline. UGH.

How much was the prep course? I never took the SAT or ACT. I went into CSULB with my AA from a JC.​

Dunno. :rotfl: Taylor did one through Kaplan online, K did one with Sylvan at a center. Jeff found the one for T, K's mom the one she is at. In general I don't have a good impression of Sylvan but her mom sold Jeff on it and he's pretty picky so...we will see. I'm quite sure K's was more, probably twice what T's was.

I never took a prep class either. I didn't know such a thing even existed! I did take the SAT and another WA test that I can't recall what it was called but doesn't exist anymore. LOL.

Thats too bad really to not bring out all of the talent possible. That's rough changing clubs. Joshua changed last year but almost his entire team and coach changed. I like the philosophy of Gabby's club better but Joshua's produces. He takes much more serious than Gabby.

Her team travels instate so its manageable. Joshua's may travel out of state next year. They're going from D2 to D1 or Premium 2.​

It's funny, I feel like they changed how our divisions work but basically it's D1-D4. She on a D1 team. It's funny. ECNL will try to tell you they are better than the D1 teams and in general I'd agree at least on the caliber of players but it is it's own thing and the national soccer rankings actually seem to favor the state cup aligned teams for points so in their system her current team is ranked higher (51 nationally) than the one she might go to (85) lol!

I'm not convinced it will make a difference for her last year but who really knows, it's such a quagmire on so many levels.

I'll be your mom. :flower3: And I'll make you quesadillas while you soak in the tub.

A margarita maybe but quesedillas in my bathroom? LOL! Nah...​

Loved your pictures on EE and the sunset. Your Saturday sounds wonderful. I need a haircut badly. Mine is comming up next weekend.

I have a haircut tomorrow, can't wait. I'm on about the same schedule, every 3 months although it may have been longer I don't even know. Bark is NO fun. We are having it blown in this time, ours is all hills and it's a nightmare to spread otherwise but it really needs to be weeded better before that happens and I don't know that it will happen based on Sat's timeline. UGH.

Blown in. Please explain. popcorn::

Dunno. :rotfl: Taylor did one through Kaplan online, K did one with Sylvan at a center. Jeff found the one for T, K's mom the one she is at. In general I don't have a good impression of Sylvan but her mom sold Jeff on it and he's pretty picky so...we will see. I'm quite sure K's was more, probably twice what T's was.

I'll have to look into it. Gabby won't have the discipline to practice online. I'm hoping I can find something fairly local.​

I never took a prep class either. I didn't know such a thing even existed! I did take the SAT and another WA test that I can't recall what it was called but doesn't exist anymore. LOL.

Lol! I remember having the SAT but no the ACT.​

It's funny, I feel like they changed how our divisions work but basically it's D1-D4. She on a D1 team. It's funny. ECNL will try to tell you they are better than the D1 teams and in general I'd agree at least on the caliber of players but it is it's own thing and the national soccer rankings actually seem to favor the state cup aligned teams for points so in their system her current team is ranked higher (51 nationally) than the one she might go to (85) lol!

What does ENCL stand for? Do you buys have ODP teams too? I think I recall you saying something about them.​

A margarita maybe but quesedillas in my bathroom? LOL! Nah...

If your my child you're defs not getting booze. :rotfl2:

:wave:

Loved your pictures on EE and the sunset. Your Saturday sounds wonderful. I need a haircut badly. Mine is comming up next weekend.

I'm so very happy for you. :goodvibes How many days?​

Blown in. Please explain. popcorn::

It's a blower truck, they come in and spray it all around for you, goes up to 150 feet deep from the truck. :thumbsup2 They will clean up, or you can pay less and clean it up yourself but it's a mess so we are having them do it.

I'll have to look into it. Gabby won't have the discipline to practice online. I'm hoping I can find something fairly local.​

I'm sure there are local options and your HS should have resources as well I'd think.

Lol! I remember having the SAT but no the ACT.​

It's terrible, I don't even know if I took the ACT. I took something besides the SAT and I thought it was a state specific test that our state schools would accept instead of the SAT but maybe it was the ACT? :confused3

What does ENCL stand for? Do you buys have ODP teams too? I think I recall you saying something about them.​

Elite Club National League I think. Yes, we have ODP. K has done it a few times, including this year. What is nice is at her age it is actually a much smaller commitment, basically one tournament in Jan and then it is done. Don't know yet about next year.

If your my child you're defs not getting booze. :rotfl2:

you are SUCH a buzz kill mom!

I am so excited!!!! 146 days!!!!! We are going Sept 24- Oct 5th and staying at POP. I will post my tentative plans if you want.

I'm so very happy for you. Heck yeah- post them!! We like to see it all. :thumbsup2

It's a blower truck, they come in and spray it all around for you, goes up to 150 feet deep from the truck. :thumbsup2 They will clean up, or you can pay less and clean it up yourself but it's a mess so we are having them do it.

Oh my gosh, I want this done. I'm looking at wheel barrow and gloves, the old fashioned way. How much is it to have it blown?​

I'm sure there are local options and your HS should have resources as well I'd think.

I bet you're right. Her school is very good about communicating resources so I'm sure they'll have local options.​

It's terrible, I don't even know if I took the ACT. I took something besides the SAT and I thought it was a state specific test that our state schools would accept instead of the SAT but maybe it was the ACT? :confused3

I bet it was the ACT.​

Elite Club National League I think. Yes, we have ODP. K has done it a few times, including this year. What is nice is at her age it is actually a much smaller commitment, basically one tournament in Jan and then it is done. Don't know yet about next year.

Thats nice. :thumbsup2 We haven't taken the ODP plunge with Joshua yet though I know it's coming. I don't want to commit to anything else. I'm committed out. And I'm going to need to be committed. :rotfl2:

you are SUCH a buzz kill mom!

I'm liberal but I'm not that liberal. ;)

Looks like we'll be doing Gabby's graduation cruise in June of 2015. Jenna et al are jointing us. :woohoo: Not sure if we're going to do a WDW cruise combo or just the cruise. Not sure what ship either. The Fantasy is gorgeous but the size scares me. The new and improved Magic may be an option depending on itineraries. Dream? Or maybe we'll love the Wonder so much we'll cruise it again. I hear its going on for dry dock next year so it may be all changed up too. I'm glad I'm getting to sail at least one original ship. I like nostalgia.​

Oh my gosh, I want this done. I'm looking at wheel barrow and gloves, the old fashioned way. How much is it to have it blown?​

a lot more. Like 63% more. UGH.

Thats nice. :thumbsup2 We haven't taken the ODP plunge with Joshua yet though I know it's coming. I don't want to commit to anything else. I'm committed out. And I'm going to need to be committed. :rotfl2:

ODP isn't so bad commmittment wise even when younger. Some extra practices and I think there was 1-2 tournaments and then a weeklong camp if they make the "touring" team. What age group is he?

Looks like we'll be doing Gabby's graduation cruise in June of 2015. Jenna et al are jointing us. :woohoo: Not sure if we're going to do a WDW cruise combo or just the cruise. Not sure what ship either. The Fantasy is gorgeous but the size scares me. The new and improved Magic may be an option depending on itineraries. Dream? Or maybe we'll love the Wonder so much we'll cruise it again. I hear its going on for dry dock next year so it may be all changed up too. I'm glad I'm getting to sail at least one original ship. I like nostalgia.

Ah, so she is only a sophomore? I thought she was a Junior for some reason. Lots of time on the SAT/ACT prep.

I was worried about size on the Dream and I do think for a first cruise, esp if it is short one that it could be tricky but there is such a sense of familiarity with the classic ships that we found it very easy for the most part as we had been on the Wonder. I think you'd be ok on any of them really and the kids would be all over the aquaduck. In general, the boys preferred the Dream I think but really loved the Wonder too. Group cruise, I love it!!!! For us it is all about the itineraries, although I do like the staterooms on the new ships better (WAY more storage). I would really like to go on the Fantasy to check out the ship but Jeff hasn't been interested in the itineraries whereas the Magic has had multiple that interest us. Go figure.

a lot more. Like 63% more. UGH.

:crazy2: Yikes but sounds worth it. Hauling and spreading bark is one of the worst yard duties. I'd rather pick up doodle and weed.​

ODP isn't so bad commmittment wise even when younger. Some extra practices and I think there was 1-2 tournaments and then a weeklong camp if they make the "touring" team. What age group is he?

He's U11 or U12, not sure. :blush: I think U11. He's one of the oldest on his team which I don't love necessarily.

Ah, so she is only a sophomore? I thought she was a Junior for some reason. Lots of time on the SAT/ACT prep.

Yes, just a sophomore. I really want her to begin prepping after she gets home from camp. I'm going to look into a summer course. She has crazy high aspirations.​

I was worried about size on the Dream and I do think for a first cruise, esp if it is short one that it could be tricky but there is such a sense of familiarity with the classic ships that we found it very easy for the most part as we had been on the Wonder. I think you'd be ok on any of them really and the kids would be all over the aquaduck. In general, the boys preferred the Dream I think but really loved the Wonder too. Group cruise, I love it!!!! For us it is all about the itineraries, although I do like the staterooms on the new ships better (WAY more storage). I would really like to go on the Fantasy to check out the ship but Jeff hasn't been interested in the itineraries whereas the Magic has had multiple that interest us. Go figure.

Why do you think they preferred the Dream?

I can see that. A lot of people book according to itinerary not ship or even price. I booked the Wonder based on price and itinerary. I wanted CC but didn't care as much about the other stops. I like the Fantasy's 7 day itinerary better because for one, its 7 days not 5 :rotfl: and I've always wanted to see the BVI (I think that's what they're called) but I have no desire to cruise the Fantasy first. Michaels fire coworker just took his kids on the Fantasy and loved it. Michaels now all open to a cruise. I said good thing as we're going in 2015. :cool1: He sort of laughed. ;) He always has to put up a fight but always gives in. It's a little game we play.

The Aquaduck or Aquadunk will be a mist have for 2015. Joshua wouldn't ride the Aquduck now unless he had a slew of buddies egging him on. He's seen Titanic one too many times and while he's excited, admittedly a little nervous about cruising.

I'm going to have to really look at itineraries. Gabby wants tropical and Jenna et al are good with that. Michael and Nate want Alaska which I'm not opposed too as much. I've been reading a ton of Alaska reports and it looks gorgeous. I retread yours too. I'd be open to a WDW cruise spilt too. Summer may call for the BWV. Hmm.......

Joshua didn't care for this cruise. All he wanted was somewhere the girls haven't been which is CC and also to go to Mexico because the girls have been there. He wants to have a one up. :p He'll have it. We're getting the kids' passports right after school gets out but for now only Joshua needs one. Hopefully that will, change by next summer. My girlfriends hubby is now working for Disneyland Paris and we'd love to go visit before he's finished. I can't even think how much flights to Paris are. All I know is that I don't want to go during their winter. She said it was miserable; worse than Utah's. :faint:

Very nice chairs.
I do not go hands free either. No no, I must hold on.
Ooh the lion was awake.
Loved the safari pics.
All caught up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter