Life is too short for self-hatred and celery sticks: final update 12/29, p.98

I am watching that movie right now. I love your new chairs they look really nice and I love the pop of orange.

Accabelieveit! It's going to be a total cult classic. We watch it once a week. Crude in some parts but I like that. :lmao:

Thank you, I really like the chairs too. I'm having one replaced tomorrow. Some of the stitching is loose and I want it perfect- lol! I'm sure my dogs or kids will ruin it but I'd like it to at least arrive without a snag. ;)

Accabelieveit! It's going to be a total cult classic. We watch it once a week. Crude in some parts but I like that. :lmao:

Thank you, I really like the chairs too. I'm having one replaced tomorrow. Some of the stitching is loose and I want it perfect- lol! I'm sure my dogs or kids will ruin it but I'd like it to at least arrive without a snag. ;)

It is going to be one of those movies that I will watch whenever I see it on, also Crazy, Stupid, Love I am watching that one now. I don't blame you I would expect that something I bought would come without a defect.

It is going to be one of those movies that I will watch whenever I see it on, also Crazy, Stupid, Love I am watching that one now. I don't blame you I would expect that something I bought would come without a defect.

I agree, it wasn't on sale or a floor model, it shouldn't have a defect.

It is really a funny movie. PG13 has come along way. I can't believe it's not R rated.​

After checking out our gorgeous 2 bedroom SV villa at Kidani we grabbed a snack and headed over to AK. They had evening EMH from 5p-8p and I was so looking forward to seeing AK at dusk. I am a sunset junkie. If you’re my FB friend, you know this. During our last trip to So Cal over Spring Break I watched 4 sunsets on the beach. :cloud9: It doesn’t get any better for me than watching the sunset especially over a body of water. The sun, not me. ;)

Waiting for the bus:

We were meeting Jenna et al there too. We arrived at AK and were so excited but forgot to take any entrance photos. I know, bad DISer. :blush: The park wasn’t crowded at all. It was lovely and it had cooled down some. AK is stunning anytime but I have to say that evening is my favorite. We enjoyed it so much. I would move park days around just to experience it again. In fact, I changed our plans once I found out we'd get the chance to have an AK EMH option.

Of course we went straight to EE and I took a ceiling shot. I have no idea why. :lmao:

And some other shots all with my cell:

I’m generally not brave enough to take my cell out of my pocket but for some reason, maybe it was the AK magic, I took a walk on the wild side:

I even turned around:

Clearly not brave enough to go *no hands* though:

EE is brilliant. Its such a great attraction from the queue to the end, it keeps our attention.

Next we headed for some Safari action. Lights off:

Lights on:

It was officially becoming dusk. Why do Disney lights make everything better?

The next shots are all of Safari. I’ll post the ones from my cell first. I’ll let you know, though you’ll probably be able to tell, when they are camera shots.

I’m not sure if this was by accident or if I was being edgy. ;)

Happy as a hippo (or two):

The Falls:

Feeding time:

So long and beautiful:

Elephant butt:

Mufasa. Say it again....

The next set of photos, Michael took with the camera. We’ve been on Safari so many times but we just can’t help taking far too many photos. He gets a little nuts with the angles etc but I like them.

Continued in next post.....​

This guy looks like he’s wearing socks:

Still happy as a hippo:

Eyes closed:

I have to say, I don't enjoy lizards of any size or shape and these guys are the worst. They just look mean and hungry and very unforgiving:

Dung pile:

Another gorgeous one in the distance:

Y mas animales:

This is a cool looking tree:

Love this reflection:

Flamingos. I had no idea that they were pink due to what they eat:

But wait, there’s more:

Cats!

Continued in next post.....​

Foilage and a warthog way in the back. He blends in really well:

Scrambled or over easy?

After Safari we rode Dinsosaur and EE again and enjoyed a magnificent sunset.

Look ma, no hands:

The first 3 are with my cell and the rest are with the camera:

I was glued to this spot and could not move. It was breathtaking:

We headed out after a fabulous evening at AK.

I have to say again that AK cannot be beat in terms of theme. I like it better than Epcot even. I enjoy all of the parks but AK is magic.

Next up: back to AKV and a nightcap. To be continued.....

Awesome update! I had no idea that the safari was open so late and they kept the animals out that late.

With all the other rides, you must have had a great night! How much fun is that?????

Awesome update! I had no idea that the safari was open so late and they kept the animals out that late.

With all the other rides, you must have had a great night! How much fun is that?????

It was the coolest thing ever. I really will move park days to have another AK EMH. It wasn't an option during our two other trips, one in May and one in September. I wonder if its a seasonal thing? It was pretty cool. We only rode the Safari, EE twice, and Dinosaur. See we move slower at night. ;)

What an amazing update! I've been to AK during the evening EMH but didn't go on the safari. We spent all our time on EE and Kali instead.

Love the sunset. :thumbsup2

What an amazing update! I've been to AK during the evening EMH but didn't go on the safari. We spent all our time on EE and Kali instead.

Love the sunset. :thumbsup2

:thanks: It was great. We didn't do Kali that evening, we ran out of time. Plus I don't think anyone wanted to get soaked, I know I didn't. It's got to be blazing hot for me to go on Kail or GRR. I am a magnet for those geysers.

The sunset was unreal. I was more than happy. The night got better if you can believe it.​

I think that lists were made for torture purposes. I have been doing lists of contents we can remember. This has not been fun.

I think that lists were made for torture purposes. I have been doing lists of contents we can remember. This has not been fun.

:goodvibes I'm so sorry Michele. I can't imagine how stressful this all is. Do you have FB photos you can refer too regarding items in your home? Or maybe cell pics? Photobucket?​

I've soooo missed your thread!! Been outta commission for a few weeks; got my hip replaced!! This is the first day I've really felt like sitting at the computer and your thread is the very first one I wanted to see!!! How I've missed sharing your adventure with you!!! I see I have a lot of catching up to do!!

I've soooo missed your thread!! Been outta commission for a few weeks; got my hip replaced!! This is the first day I've really felt like sitting at the computer and your thread is the very first one I wanted to see!!! How I've missed sharing your adventure with you!!! I see I have a lot of catching up to do!!

:goodvibes and :welcome: How are you feeling? I'm glad you're here. I do have a ToC in the first post so you don't have to read all of the chatter. :blush: I've got a report that I'm reading now and if it weren't for the ToC, I'd never make it through. :laughing:

Its so anxiety producing but at least she's got options. Are they talking scholarships? That would be great. Where are the schools?

I'll never understand the importance they place on SAT scores. They are in part a very unfair way to predict who will succeed and who won't.​

Too early for that (scholarships). The challenge will be that where she wants to play, may or may not want her and her chances for money at those schools is likely smaller. We will see, one of her top choices finally got back to her after an ID camp over a month ago, very good eval and they want to see her again...BUT honestly her SAT's need to be good to get in there. So far the schools expressing interest are here, Colorado and Tennessee. Practically speaking it will likely be "over" by the end of summer and certainly another school could still crop up between now and then for sure.

Thats very nice that you both found the same group on your own. Meaningful and wonderful. Both sound amazing. We're uber liberal too. Reform Judaism is very open, fluid, transparent, and I like that.​

Love that

Yes, they are for reading only. :lmao: I told Michael that. He thinks I'm bananas but no one is writing in my chairs. ;)
really? Jeff probably wouldn't even let the E's sit in them :rotfl: He grew up in houses where kids were not allowed in the LR and I know kind of wishes I subscribed to that idea.

in the infamous words of Pitch Perfect, I'm totes in. :thumbsup2 Do you have fairly firm dates?​

Great update, I love the croc and lion shots, pretty sunset and a great group pics at the end but this is my fav!

484F21DB-15DA-4052-BF41-EADAD0C9680F-1940-000000345494721D_zps6f784ccb.jpg

To your date question....current "soft" date is around May 12th ish based on when I think State cup will be. BUT...if Kendall moves into an ECNL league after this State Cup (5/12/13) it won't be as tied to that and I'm not sure what that will mean in terms of date flexibility if anything. However I should know before the 7m date either way. I believe ideally Mary Ellen would like to go a little earlier than that if it can work.​

:goodvibes I'm so sorry Michele. I can't imagine how stressful this all is. Do you have FB photos you can refer too regarding items in your home? Or maybe cell pics? Photobucket?​

Thankfully there are pictures of the most expensive things we owned. Scotty's bicycles. We will be taking video records, photos and logs of everything from now on. Everything will be kept in several places. Live and learn from our craziness.

Too early for that (scholarships). The challenge will be that where she wants to play, may or may not want her and her chances for money at those schools is likely smaller. We will see, one of her top choices finally got back to her after an ID camp over a month ago, very good eval and they want to see her again...BUT honestly her SAT's need to be good to get in there. So far the schools expressing interest are here, Colorado and Tennessee. Practically speaking it will likely be "over" by the end of summer and certainly another school could still crop up between now and then for sure.

She must be an amazing player if schools are already looking at her. :thumbsup2 Does she think she likes Tennessee or Colorado?​

really? Jeff probably wouldn't even let the E's sit in them :rotfl: He grew up in houses where kids were not allowed in the LR and I know kind of wishes I subscribed to that idea.

Believe it or not the replacement chair has a faded streak in the leather so guess who's getting a second replacement on Wednesday? :blush: I refuse to purchase something damaged. It cost far too much to have anything wrong with it. Interestingly, the second chair came with a throw pillow and the first did not. :confused3 So now I'll be getting a second pillow too. :woohoo:

Michael's parents wouldn't let the kids in their bedroom or bathroom. Poor guy tried to implement that rule in our home but with him gone 48* 4-5 times a month, it's sort of impossible as we all lay in our bed and watch movies. :rotfl: Points for effort though.​

Great update, I love the croc and lion shots, pretty sunset and a great group pics at the end but this is my fav!

484F21DB-15DA-4052-BF41-EADAD0C9680F-1940-000000345494721D_zps6f784ccb.jpg

Isn't that a fun shot? I love all of their faces. The fact that I took my phone out, turned around, and took a photo is unbelievable. I'm such a chicken.​

To your date question....current "soft" date is around May 12th ish based on when I think State cup will be. BUT...if Kendall moves into an ECNL league after this State Cup (5/12/13) it won't be as tied to that and I'm not sure what that will mean in terms of date flexibility if anything. However I should know before the 7m date either way. I believe ideally Mary Ellen would like to go a little earlier than that if it can work.

I'm good with soft dates. :thumbsup2 I have no restrictions. Chloe may have dance but we don't know until a few months before tops. If her dance and the girls' trip overlap, then Michael can take care of her dance. ;)

Thankfully there are pictures of the most expensive things we owned. Scotty's bicycles. We will be taking video records, photos and logs of everything from now on. Everything will be kept in several places. Live and learn from our craziness.

What a tough thing to go through. I'm glad you're starting to get it sorted out. I'm sure it'll take a ton of time. How are the kids holding up? Is insurance working well with you?​

She must be an amazing player if schools are already looking at her. :thumbsup2 Does she think she likes Tennessee or Colorado?​

Mnn...yes and no. She is good but not "top". And the reality is that there are a lot of good players. The top girls her age are already committed to schools believe it or not including several of her friends. She should be able to play somewhere if that is what she wants. The challenge is figuring out if what she wants is realistic based on her commitment, grades and yes, aggression. It isn't for everyone and the girls that are getting those spots are self promoters or absolutely amazing or both. She isn't quite there on any of those things. Which personally is fine with me, I certainly wasn't and wouldn't be but depending on what level she wants to play at, it's kind of required. She really likes Vanderbilt and academically it's a good fit if she can get her SAT scores where they need to be. I think she has an ok chance of playing there but I don't know that it would include any money at all which is a problem. The other 2 schools are D2 versus D1 but one isn't all that exciting academically or location wise (solid but boring lol but a really great soccer program and as it is in state, it would be SO cool financially) and the other is an amazing school (Colorado School of Mines) but she really wants life sciences...not earth and that makes it not a good fit at all which is a bit of a bummer. Her chances for money at Mines is there though.

Who knows, very likely something not even on the radar could bubble up. Many of the ones she is very interested in...haven't nibbled back. It's a hard road this thing that's for sure. She may move teams after state cup and that would help her exposure. Assuming she makes this other team, that's stressful too. Frustrating part is she truly does have the ability to be top and we've seen it, especially with her HS team but her club coach now....:confused3 ugh. I think he's going to have a major bail out at the end of the season, it will be interesting to see.

Believe it or not the replacement chair has a faded streak in the leather so guess who's getting a second replacement on Wednesday? :blush: I refuse to purchase something damaged. It cost far too much to have anything wrong with it. Interestingly, the second chair came with a throw pillow and the first did not. :confused3 So now I'll be getting a second pillow too. :woohoo:

Nor should you!

Michael's parents wouldn't let the kids in their bedroom or bathroom. Poor guy tried to implement that rule in our home but with him gone 48* 4-5 times a month, it's sort of impossible as we all lay in our bed and watch movies. :rotfl: Points for effort though.

That is a rule that we enforce but we also have the no TV in bedroom(s) rule so that helps. :thumbsup2

Our office is also kid free though that one is much harder to enforce.

Just checking in over here so that I can leave more front page real estate on my new PTR, but it cracks me up that I hadn't even posted a link on my old PTR to the new and you already found it! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts