"Let's REDO the Magic!" A Girls ONLY September 2010 PTR (Update TR started- Page 5)

We've never been and the only one during our stay is the first one. Will it be crazy crowded? Didn't really want to have the kids bring Holloween costumes, is everyone dressed up? any info would be great...thanks

Hello again! I have a few minutes today, so I thought I'd do my Magic Kingdom list for you all!

Magic Kingdom MUST DOs
*MNSSHP- this is new for both Nikki and I, and we are both so excited! :hyper:
*Hug my Castle! :flower3:yes. . .it is MY castle!!
*Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (I've never done this!)

Love it! Our youngest daughter was picked to be 'Boo' it was great, we were all almost rolling in the floor!

Kristen:

You have some great lists for Epcot and Magic Kingdom! :thumbsup2 You are going to have such an awesome time.

:yay: I am so excited that you are doing the Halloween party. I :love: it. We had a blast there last year!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Erika

Hi Erika :wave2:
Nikki and I love Epcot and Magic Kingdom- there is just so much we want to do!! I guess, since the two points of this trip is to 1.) experience new things and 2.) take it slower, it won't be bad if we don't get it all in. I just hope we get to do some of our top picks:yay:

Love it! Our youngest daughter was picked to be 'Boo' it was great, we were all almost rolling in the floor!

That must be awesome! Since I've not had this experience, I can only imagine! I :love: Boo in the movie!!

Quick info:
I'm working on some lists (a la Lady Lallie), and I hope to finish some and get them posted, but that might be a little while. I promise, they will come!

We've never been and the only one during our stay is the first one. Will it be crazy crowded? Didn't really want to have the kids bring Holloween costumes, is everyone dressed up? any info would be great...thanks

Kristen:

I hope you don't mind me answering. We were at the first one last year. I can't compare to crowds from others but I thought it was very manageable. If you want to see Snow White and the 7 dwarfs, get in line early. We saw the Villians show, watched the first parade in Frontierland and then the second one on main street (got a good spot for both about 15 minutes before parade time) and saw Hallowishes. I think we hit about every candy station. We stayed until it was almost over. Oh, we rode a few rides as well. DS dressed up as Russell from UP. There is a mixture of those who do and do not dress up. I don't think it mattered. Your children will probably have more fun without the costume. It can be hot in September.

Hope this helps!

Erika

Thanks so much for the info. It was very helpful. I'm really thinking about getting tickets (price is an issue esp for 5). I just didn't want it to be crazy crowded for the 1st one or if most go closer to the 31st. decisions, decisions.

Do the Double Digits Dance with me!
:cool1::banana::dance3::yay::woohoo::cheer2:

Today, Nikki and I only have 99 days until Disney! Woo hoo! :woohoo:

In the style of Lady Lallie, I'm going to post some photos of WDW. Enjoy!

DSC_0417-1.jpg

Our first day will be in Epcot, eating at Teppan Edo in Epcot's Japan! So excited!:yay:

There is no news on our trip. Nothing has changed.

I'll try to update this more often! See you!

Here I am. . .90 days left until I'm home!!! :banana:

First up. . .Where am I in Disney World?

Where would you find this light fixture?
DSC_0216.jpg

Our trip is fast approaching! I'm very excited! I still need to schedule our Keys to the Kingdom tour! (Hmm. . .maybe I'll get that done this afternoon!) We have all our dinning plans made, our which-parks-which-day plan. I'm not exactly sure what else there is to do! Just wait and do more research, I guess :surfweb: (Am I sad, or what???)

Ok. . .question time for my readers- what is your favorite spot or ride or show at EPCOT?

Mine. . hmm. . .that's a tough one. I think I'd have to say the World Showcase. My favorite country, you ask. . .umm. . .geez. . .that's a toughie. . .probably Italy. It is just so beautiful and fun. Plus, I love spending time in the Mask shop selecting my souvenir mask!

DSC_0385.jpg

DSC_0390-1.jpg

I'm trying hard to post something every ten days or so! It will help keep me on track! Stay tuned for more photos and details!!

Ok, so much for posting every 10 days. I'll work on updating this more, though.

For news: both Nikki and I are having a little money trouble for our trip (no worries, we are still going!) We just aren't sure if we will get to do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I'm seriously thinking of putting it on the credit card and paying for it when I can! That way, we can still do it. I mean, seriously, how many times are you at Disney World. (For me, once every 3-4 years. Soon to be less if I get pregnant!) The tour, for me, is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity- especially since my friend will be giving the tour. Hmm. . I think I just made up my mind.

Anyway. . another "where am I?" picture:
DSC_0077-1.jpg

any ideas. . .(is anyone out there??)

Next up. . .Question for my readers time:
What is your absolute favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom?
It's a toughie, I know. . .

For me. . .
DSC_0129.jpg

It would have to be the Haunted Mansion. However, Pirates, Big Thunder, and Mickey's Philharmagic run a close second. Also, the one time I got to ride Space Mountain with the lights on. . .that was TOTALLY awesome!!!!!

I hope to be back in a week or so to post new pictures and any changes or updates!

:thumbsup2

First of all. . .I had planned for this to be an awesome post, but, now, I can't find all the photos online I wanted. Argh! Oh well. It will still be an awesome post!!!

Nikki and I now have 60 days until our trip!!! Woot! :yay:

Changes:a while back, I noticed that our flight to Disney World had been changed from a 7am nonstop flight to a 6:25am flight with nearly an hour layover in Atlanta. However nice I'm certain Atlanta is, I didn't want to just sit there an hour on my day-to-travel-to-Disney World! I had searched for other flights, but I wasn't sure if we could even change them since we'd already paid for our flights and they were non-refundable! I decided the flight would have to work except for the exceptional hour we would have to be at the airport! :faint:

Wednesday, Disney Travel called me to inform me the flight I had originally booked was discontinued by Air Tran. I told the lady that I'd noticed they'd changed our flight. She suggested we might be able to move to another flight that was nonstop! :woohoo: Nikki wasn't too happy when I told her we were flying Air Tran, so I asked the lady to look for another flight. She checked, and she found an American nonstop flight at 7:50am and a returning nonstop flight leaving only 45 minutes earlier than our Air Tran one! She said it was only $20 a person more! :dance3: I told her to book it! Woot!!! So, we are leaving a little later, but arriving in Orlando 45n earlier than the 6:25 flight would have!! :dance3: Total score!!!

Additions:One thing was kind of added to our trip. I had planned to take the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, but Nikki and I weren't sure we could afford it. Well, I decided, since this might be my last trip to WDW for a long time. . .I wanted to do this tour. One of our goals for this trip is to do things and see things we've never done. KTTK is certainly something we've never done! I decided just to tell Nikki I would pay for the tour for both of us to attend! She was so excited! I called last week and set up our tour for Sunday, September 26 at 9am!!! We are ready to go and paid for!! I contacted my friend from college who gives the KTTK tours to tell her which tour I'd booked to see if she could arrange to give that tour! I'm still waiting to hear if she will be giving the tour! So excited!!! :cloud9:

Purchases:Nikki and I both got new shirts for Disney world. Nikki got a Mad Hatter t-shirt from Wal-Mart! It is gray with the Hatter covering the whole shirt! It is so totally Nikki! Very grungy and cool!

I got a shirt (like LL's!). It is red with Mickey on the side. Behind him is a very trendy/grungy background in black! It is totally awesome and totally me! I'm very excited!! I don't plan on wearing it until we get to WDW!

I couldn't find images of either of these shirts online. :confused3 There were there at one time. Oh well.

Now, on to my normal things. . .

First off, can you tell me where this picture was taken just by looking at it?
DSC_0588.jpg

Second. . .here is a question for you. . . what is your favorite ride at Hollywood Studios?

Mine is tied. . .
DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0103-1.jpg

Of course. . .TOT, TSM, and RnRC!! Love them all, and can't wait to ride them time and time and time and time. . .:sick: again!!!

YAY for the KTTK tour! I went on it before and I LOVED IT!! It is such a great tour!!!!

So glad you were able to get your flights fixed so you only have to deal with nonstops!

Hmmmm...I also have a tie for my favorite ride at DHS...it would be between Toy Story Mania and Great Movie Ride!! I love them both!

I guess the picture was taken in the monorail over near Epcot.

My favorite ride at DHS is Toy Story Mania without a doubt but Great Movie Ride is a very close second...gangster side of course. ;)

Yea!!! Readers. . .:woohoo:

YAY for the KTTK tour! I went on it before and I LOVED IT!! It is such a great tour!!!!

So glad you were able to get your flights fixed so you only have to deal with nonstops!

Hmmmm...I also have a tie for my favorite ride at DHS...it would be between Toy Story Mania and Great Movie Ride!! I love them both!

Thanks, Jen! Yeah, the nonstop flights are nice. It was nice of Disney to call me and let me know and be so willing to work with me and give me a hand! Love that Pixie Dust!:wizard:

I guess the picture was taken in the monorail over near Epcot.

My favorite ride at DHS is Toy Story Mania without a doubt but Great Movie Ride is a very close second...gangster side of course. ;)

Hi Leslie! Thanks for stopping by! You are right about the picture! I got to ride in the front of the monorail between EPCOT and TTC back in '08! So fun!!

Of course you love the gangster side. . .just as much as Jen loves the Cowboy side!!!! :thumbsup2

Hello all (er. . .my two readers! :lmao: )! I meant to post yesterday at the 50 day point, but yesterday was extremely busy. Today, I have some time!

Ok, Nikki and I are 49 days away. . that is 7 weeks from today, we will be on our way to Disney World. :woohoo: I will be going back to work next week, so I know those 7 weeks will just fly by!!!

Well, unfortunately for you readers, I have no news. Nothing has changed for our trip. Nikki and I are stretching every dollar we can in the real world in order to save a little for Disney World! A few of the things we planned to have income from fell through for both of us this summer, but we are still going! :cool1:

On to normal things. . .first. . .

Where is this light fixture? (This is so easy!):laughing:

DSC_0254.jpg

Question for readers: What is your favorite shop at Downtown Disney?

I LOVE them all, but I think my favorites are. . .
DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0524-1.jpg

Yep. . World of Disney and Pin Traders!! :woohoo: Can't wait to go back to them in September! I also love the Christmas shop and the kitchen store. I'm very much looking forward to going to Tren-D and the D-Street store to see all the vinylmation! For some reason, I'm terribly addicted to those even though I've never seen one. :scratchin

I hope to update in 9-10 days! See you real soon!

I know that light fixture!! It's Le Cellier.

Hmmm...favorite DTD shop. I think I have to go with Pin Traders. I love looking at all of the pins.

YAY for 50 (okay 49 LOL) days!!!! Yup that is definitely Le Cellier!!!

Favorite DTD store...hmmm I love both World of Disney and Goofy's Candy Co...that store SMELLS so good!!

40 days!:banana::banana::banana:

Yes, ladies and gentlemen! Nikki and I will be in Disney World in 40 days!!!

Before I got on, I wanted to share this little bit of real-life stuff with you. I work at an elementary school. Our district has a big pep-rally kind of thing before school starts with everyone from the district. They have a staff orchestra perform prior to the 'meeting'. I've played for the past two years, and I get to play again. This is a huge thrill for me. I play with my church, but it is a small group. It isn't anything like playing with a full ensemble! Ok, so that is exciting enough, however, guess what song we will be playing. . .(not Disney related. . .sorry). . ."Highlights from Wicked!" I about fell out of my chair when I saw that in the email! I just saw Wicked this summer and am totally hooked! I'm so excited I will get to play some of the music!! Hee hee!! :yay:

I went back to work this week. I told my principal that I was going to be gone for 9 days (7 from school). She was upset that I was going to be gone so long!! *GULP* Earlier this week, we decided that I would use all my personal days and then we would make something work for the last two days. Well, today, she came in my office talking about my days off in September. :scared1:I hope she isn't going to renig on our deal. I guess if she does, I'll just have to take two days without pay or something. OH well. We'll wait and see what happens!!!

Other than that, there aren't any changes! The last of my payment was put on the credit card last week. We are completely paid off. . .er. . .well. . .except for paying off the credit card. That's ok! Nikki gave me some money and hubby got some extra money, so I should be able to pay it off soon!!!

And now it is time for something. . . completely normal! :lmao:

Where can you find this?? (Hint: it on property but not in a park!)
DSC_0062.jpg

Question for my readers: what is your favorite 3D show?:3dglasses (No TSM doesn't count. . .that is a ride!)

Mine. . .let's see if you can tell by the glasses??
DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

Yup! It is Mickey's Philharmagic!! I've only seen it once, but it was wonderful!!

Have to post this Hidden Mickey from the same show:
DSC_0118.jpg

Check it out, people! It is a Hidden Mickey inside a French horn- which I play! How much cooler than that can it get??

Hey Kristin!

I am here, too! Your plans look great! How fun will it be for a girls only trip?! YAY!!:thumbsup2

SO glad that you still get to go on the tour! That will be so much fun, have you found out if your friend will give your tour? How cool would that be!!

Looking forward to hearing more!!
Kristen:flower3:

Hey Kristin!

I am here, too! Your plans look great! How fun will it be for a girls only trip?! YAY!!:thumbsup2

SO glad that you still get to go on the tour! That will be so much fun, have you found out if your friend will give your tour? How cool would that be!!

Looking forward to hearing more!!
Kristen:flower3:

Hi Kristen! (Great name, by the way!!!):thumbsup2

:welcome: to my PTR. So glad to see you! (I hope to get more time to read your's today!)

I talked to my MK friend, and she said she doesn't know yet. She promised to let me know when she finds out. It is very exciting!!

I'm trying hard to post around every 10 days or so! I'll post again soon!!

Kristin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter