Let's do this all over again...Update 12/6 7:00 am @ MK

topdog- I wasn't very clear in my writing. I meant you could redeem your fastpass certificate for you and DW at one park on one day and she could redeem her's in another park on a different day. This way you could each have fastpasses for 2 different parks, but on different days.

I am sad to hear about Roy. The world has lost another treasure.

Well...it's official now. We have signed up for the "Give a day. Get a Disney day". I even got the confirmation from Red Cross. It's a matter of when they contact me to when and where. I can't wait. In fact, I might sign up for another one. Humanity for Habitat is something I always look forward to volunteer for.

HandsOn Network Volunteer Opportunity Portal

Peter,

Thank you for your interest in the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program volunteer opportunity, “Health & Safety - Office Support/Data Entry”. HandsOn Network has notified Wyoming Valley Chapter American Red Cross that you are interested in scheduling a date and time for this volunteering opportunity and you should receive an e-mail or phone response within 5 days.

Once you and Wyoming Valley Chapter American Red Cross have agreed upon a date and time for you and any members of your household to volunteer, please click on the following link or copy it into your Web browser to complete the sign-up process

If you are unable to use this link, return to DisneyParks.com, and repeat your search to find the volunteer opportunity [Health & Safety - Office Support/Data Entry] again. Click “view details” to find a link to complete the sign up process.

It is important that you arrange a date and time, as this information is required to complete the sign up process.

If you have not heard from Wyoming Valley Chapter American Red Cross after 5 days, please contact the organization directly via the contact information below.

Opportunity Coordinator Name: Wayne Wolfe
Opportunity Coordinator Email: WolfeW@usa.redcross.org
Opportunity Coordinator Phone: 570-823-7161

If you are unable to arrange a date and time to volunteer for this opportunity, you can start a new search for more opportunities by returning to DisneyParks.com. Please note: You can always “express interest” in more than one opportunity.

If you require further assistance, please refer to the Program Terms & Conditions and Frequently Asked Questions for additional Guest support options.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you as soon as you've arranged the date and time to volunteer!

HandsOn Network
“Give A Day. Get A Disney Day.” Volunteer Support Team

HandsOn Network, the volunteer-focused arm of Points of Light Institute, is an international nonprofit organization whose core mission is to inspire, equip and mobilize people to take action that changes the world. Our vision is that one day every person will discover their power to make a difference, creating healthy communities in vibrant democracies around the world. In 2010, HandsOn Network is proud to celebrate the everyday heroes who serve in their communities with the “Give A Day. Get A Disney Day.” program.

This email is being sent from HandsOn Network. We are located at 600 Means Street, Suite 210, Atlanta, GA 30318 and 1875 K Street, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20006. If you no longer want to receive emails from us, please send an email to giveadaysupport@handsonnetwork.org with “unsubscribe” in the subject line.

Oh I need to get on this! I've done Habitat before and it was great. I signed up on their site to get notified but didn't see anything yet today. You are on TOP of it!

I'm late...but I'm still here! ;)
It was so good to see you over at GB's TR, I hope you and your wife had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. :goodvibes

Oh I need to get on this! I've done Habitat before and it was great. I signed up on their site to get notified but didn't see anything yet today. You are on TOP of it!
Actually, it's DW that kept "reminding" me to sign up and I use the term "reminding" very loosely. :lmao: In fact, I already received another email directly from Red Cross letting me know they will have the schedule ready in a couple of days. This is moving much faster pace then I anticipate.
I'm late...but I'm still here! ;)
It was so good to see you over at GB's TR, I hope you and your wife had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. :goodvibes
Camille, Welcome aboard. We had a very nice Christmas and New Year so thanks. I hope you will do a TR for your up coming trip.

You really are on top of this! I wish we could do something for the GAD promotion, but the closest thing for us to do that Sam can help with is well over an hour away. Plus, Cooper is too young to participate, so it requires me to find someone to watch him for the day. We'll see what we come up with.

Camille, Welcome aboard. We had a very nice Christmas and New Year so thanks. I hope you will do a TR for your up coming trip.

TopDog, Thank you! I was thinking about doing one, but I'm not sure I'm all that interesting! :laughing: Besides...I'm kinda techie challenged, I'm not sure I would know how to do one.
:blush: Am I blushing? I realize in this time and age there's no excuse for it, but there it is...I admit it.
I have given it serious thought, and I am still thinking about it, so it may happen still! ;) It's sweet you think I should. :hug:

Actually, it's DW that kept "reminding" me to sign up and I use the term "reminding" very loosely

I can just imagine it. :rotfl2:

Good for her. I know there are times my Dh needs a little "reminding" too.

You really are on top of this! I wish we could do something for the GAD promotion, but the closest thing for us to do that Sam can help with is well over an hour away. Plus, Cooper is too young to participate, so it requires me to find someone to watch him for the day. We'll see what we come up with.
I heard from a few people and they all have the same issue. Too far! I thought it was just me since I live in the middle of nowhere. I have to drive at least 45 minutes to the closet Red Cross. Good luck to your search.
TopDog, Thank you! I was thinking about doing one, but I'm not sure I'm all that interesting! :laughing: Besides...I'm kinda techie challenged, I'm not sure I would know how to do one.
:blush: Am I blushing? I realize in this time and age there's no excuse for it, but there it is...I admit it.
I have given it serious thought, and I am still thinking about it, so it may happen still! ;) It's sweet you think I should. :hug:
You really should try a TR. I have fun writing mine even I know my writing is pretty bad. The best part of writing a TR, for me, is not only I get to re-live the whole trip. I get to be creative and share some of my thought plus the exciting or frustrate moment. More importantly, I got some great audience and made a few new friends along the way.

I must admit...I wasn't sure if I can finish a TR as well. But once I started it and I saw how many people actually read my TR, I kinda got addict to it. There is nothing technical about writing a TR. Just share your thought and experience. If you need help with the pictures, all you have to do is ask. I am sure we can figure it out.
I can just imagine it. :rotfl2:

Good for her. I know there are times my Dh needs a little "reminding" too.
LOL... Reason why DW kept "reminding" me is because it's Disney. Otherwise, she's more forgetful than I am. :lmao:

A little update on the "Give a day...get a day free." The Red Cross has contact me and sent me a document to fill. Holy Crap! They are going to run a background check on me. What's next? They want my finger print too.

Anyway, I filled and mailed the paper work back to Red Cross. Hopefully, the ball is finally rolling.

You really should try a TR. I have fun writing mine even I know my writing is pretty bad. The best part of writing a TR, for me, is not only I get to re-live the whole trip. I get to be creative and share some of my thought plus the exciting or frustrate moment. More importantly, I got some great audience and made a few new friends along the way.

I must admit...I wasn't sure if I can finish a TR as well. But once I started it and I saw how many people actually read my TR, I kinda got addict to it. There is nothing technical about writing a TR. Just share your thought and experience. If you need help with the pictures, all you have to do is ask. I am sure we can figure it out.

TopDog, sorry to hear about the run around with Give a Day, I'm sure it will work out. Sounds like the ball is rolling now that you got your paperwork in. You are so sweet by the way, I appreciate you being willing to help me out with a TR. :yay: :hug: That means so much to me!! I've not actually had anyone offer to help me, so this is a thrill!! Hang in there and let us know what you find out about your Red Cross volunteering, it will be good information to have for those who are thinking of doing the same thing. :)

Yay, another Topdog report! Loved your Feb trip TR and I'm onboard now for the PTR. Your pictures and your honesty & humour kept me reading...looking forward to more! :)

Yay, another Topdog report! Loved your Feb trip TR and I'm onboard now for the PTR. Your pictures and your honesty & humour kept me reading...looking forward to more! :)

Welcome Liz. So glad you can join us for this loooooong PTR.

A little update on our reservation. I asked DW to check and see if AAA offer any discount for Disney. After she made the initial call, we found a few interesting info.

1, During the time we plan to stay at Disney, 11/28 - 12/9, that's consider as value season. AAA do offer about 9% discount.

2, In order to get the AAA discount, we have to let AAA take over our reservation from Disney.

3, All payment arrangement stays the same. We can pay X amount of $ every month. During the waiting period, if Disney offer any promote like gift card or anything, AAA will honor those promote as well. Even cancellation deadline is the same. In a nut shell, anything you can arrange or change with Disney. AAA can do it for you as well.

4, This is an odd one. Some people claim AAA will do the ADR for you if you book through them. However, our AAA say we can do the ADR ourselves so we can change them ourselves at any given time. Personally, i would perfer to make the ADR ourselves.

5, AAA has a prefer parade watching location at MK.

6, There is some kind of AAA story telling session available for AAA member that book thru them.

7, AAA has their own parking area for all the park. I heard MK is the only park that's not worth it but all the other park are worth it. We probably use the Disney transportation for most of the park anyway. However, when it comes to DTD, we just might prefer driving there.

8, AAA provide 10% discount coupon on World of Disney at DTD.

We haven't switch our reservation to AAA yet because we are waiting for AAA to sent us an information package. We will then make a determination once we got all the ins and outs. You never know, if we can get the 20% or 40% discount code from Disney. Then the plan will always change.

However, the biggest plan change for us is transportation. We are still planning to drive down but we might drive our own car to NC and leave our car at my SIL. From there, we will pick up a rental and drive to Disney and then back to NC.

Before you wonder why I want a rental half way of the trip. I am trying to conserve the mileage on our car. The car is only 4 years old and it's already over 100,000 miles. I am trying to keep it as low as I possibly can and that's DW's daily driver. My daily driver is 3,000 miles short from 400,000 miles so that's not even a consideration for such a long trip.

Here is my version of ME transportation plan. :rotfl: We will leave our home on Thanksgiving day and drive straight to NC, 10 hrs drive. Pick up the car rental on black Friday. Leave NC on Saturday morning. Stay in a hotel at Jacksonville, FL on Saturday night. Leave Jacksonville early Sunday morning to Disney. That way we won't be too exhaust from driving when we get to Disney. When our trip is over, we can then drive straight back to NC from Disney and return the rental. Stay at my SIL for a day to recover some energy and then drive back home on Saturday. That will give us a full day rest on Sunday before return back to work on Monday.

Sounds like a plan???

Your plan sounds great and very well thought out. I know lots of people who rent cars to travel, so as not to put the miles on their own cars.

My friend does the whole AAA thing every year and never has any trouble. :)

Have a good weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter