Less than TEN days to go; I can do this! *Updated 12/2*

Love love love the Belle dress with the medallions. Fabulous!

Is your hubby opposed to eating in the room from things you brought? Instant oatmeal (you could do the hot water through the coffee pot) is easy to pack. They also come in already cardboard bowls. I know you are flying, but are you renting a car? Is a grocery store an option? Yogurt, granola, fresh fruit. If your room has a toaster, you could do toast. If a microwave, breakfast sandwiches. :) That would help your budget.

Love love love the Belle dress with the medallions. Fabulous!

Is your hubby opposed to eating in the room from things you brought? Instant oatmeal (you could do the hot water through the coffee pot) is easy to pack. They also come in already cardboard bowls. I know you are flying, but are you renting a car? Is a grocery store an option? Yogurt, granola, fresh fruit. If your room has a toaster, you could do toast. If a microwave, breakfast sandwiches. :) That would help your budget.

Yeah, he pretty much wants a hot, bacon-eggs-n-more breakfast, which he doesn't get every day at home, so that's the "most important part" of his vacation, I think. He'll probably be happy with just the food court those days, but (even though I like them) a girl can only eat so many bounty platters. :)

I'm kinda thinking that on those mornings, I might use snack credits for a quick pastry or cereal for me and DD, and use our QS credits for lunches while DH uses his QS for breakfast and has a snack at lunchtime. I plan on having some oatmeals and such on hand for DD at all times anyhow.

I think the Samoan at kona is going to blow his mind. At least, I hope it does. And the grand Floridian cafe has some kind of fancy eggs Benedict, too. He likes that sort of thing, all the better because he doesn't have to cook it. Or do the dishes. I love my hubby. :)

We're not planning on renting a car, though if something insane happens and we end up off property somehow, we would then. LOL.

He could always use your daughter's quick service credit for breakfast and she can eat off your plates for lunch. The portion sizes are so huge it would be easy to do and you can still use your snack credit as filler if needed. :D I wonder if the Grand Floridian Cafe serves the lobster benedict that is served at the character brunch at park fare. I am not a lobster person, but it was amazingly tasty. Soooooo good.

I am trying to figure out how to make your spreadsheet bigger so I can see it. It is oh-so-tiny. Unfortunately, a water spill made my laptop touch pad unusable so I cannot increase the screen font that way. Le sigh. Since I am planning a December trip I am curious to your specifics.

He could always use your daughter's quick service credit for breakfast and she can eat off your plates for lunch. The portion sizes are so huge it would be easy to do and you can still use your snack credit as filler if needed. :D I wonder if the Grand Floridian Cafe serves the lobster benedict that is served at the character brunch at park fare. I am not a lobster person, but it was amazingly tasty. Soooooo good.

I am trying to figure out how to make your spreadsheet bigger so I can see it. It is oh-so-tiny. Unfortunately, a water spill made my laptop touch pad unusable so I cannot increase the screen font that way. Le sigh. Since I am planning a December trip I am curious to your specifics.

Yeah, it's small and kinda hard to read. I'd be happy to email you a copy or something if you like. Pm me the address.

upload_2015-5-11_18-32-18.png

Park hours have been released, so I've added them to the top row and noted the extra magic hours that coincide with my current planned park day. If there were no EMH on the days that I'm going to a given park, I didn't bother putting them in. Now I'm just waiting on EasyWDW to put out his recommendations so I can fine-tune.

Next step will be to lock down the desired times for ADR's... 31 days 'till I can make the ressies. I'm probably going to let my TA handle making them, if she wants to, but I'd sure like to be around her when they get made. :)

Will post again when there's another change.

As I expected, the last couple of days have been busy, planning-wise, with the release of park hours and EasyWDW's crowd calendar. I also booked my airfare this morning on Southwest. I believe I have, in the process, firmly cemented my nerd status - booking airfare gave me a mild adrenaline rush. LOL.

So, because I had enough points saved for one leg of the flight for one person, our booking was a little convoluted. I first looked at flying out of San Antonio, but quickly had to scrap that - prices were significantly higher than I had been budgeting for, and I would have been 300 points shy of booking even one leg there - would have had to pay the entirety in cash. That means, we're flying out of and back into Austin, which is only about an hour drive from here, and the savings were close to $450 versus S.A. IF we can't get a ride up there from a friend, long-term parking is about $80-something for the duration, so it's still a huge savings. It might be worth it just to not have to annoy a friend.

Anyhow - I first booked DH and Little Monster round trip on one confirmation number. Then, because the return flight (MCO to AUS) was the slightly more expensive leg, I booked that for me alone, with my points. Lastly, I booked my outgoing flight (AUS to MCO) with cash. So, there are three separate bookings, but I think I can juggle it. I did not do the EBCI, as there are only three of us, and if a stranger wants to sit next to my Little Monster and just one of her parents, they're welcome to regret that choice for the next two or three hours. Both flights are non-stop, which is wonderful.

Grand total OOP for the roundtrip fare for the three of us...drumroll, please......

$536.60!

I'll still be stalking the SWA website to see if S.A. prices come down to something more reasonable, but what we've got is definitely acceptable. There's one more thing ticked off the list. :) I'm not even sure we could *drive* to Orlando for that price, once you factor in an overnight hotel stay halfway.

Using Josh's calendar, I've rearranged some of the days in the trip and fine-tuned some of my ADR times. I've dropped the OOP Crystal Palace meal on our last full MK day, because I just didn't want to sacrifice the park time when I know they're likely to change the opening hours to 8am at the MK all month, and moved the food-court breakfast from our last AK day into that slot. This left me with an opening on the AK morning that I didn't want to plop yet another food court breakfast into, so I bit the bullet and put in the Rainforest cafe. I know it's not the best food, and I know that we've got one here in town (but it's a PITA to get to and we've never taken her), but with it already being at the AK, it fits the flow better than a different resort - and the slot was for OOP anyhow, so it's cheaper than the CP or Park Fare or such.

upload_2015-5-14_7-19-50.png

And, in one last "big" change - I was showing Little Monster pictures of the WL rooms last night, and she was very vocally unimpressed. :rolleyes2. Same with the rooms for the CR. Since this trip is (ostensibly) for her, I printed her out pictures of the various rooms within budget that DH and I would find acceptable - and so we're back to the POR RR. DD immediately chose that picture as the room she wanted to stay in. I offered to have her pick two so we could do a split stay, and she's adamant that she wants to stay there the whole time. So, we've come full circle and will be changing our reservation back to POR RR, Standard View, with a request for top floor room. :lmao:

So, to recap: dates, park hours, park-per-day, hoped-for ADR's, resort, and airfare are all set. All we're really waiting on now are any possible applicable discounts, and to actually make the ADR's, right? Any other critical planning I'm forgetting?

Just caught up!

Wow you're talented the dresses all came out amazing!!! I love them. Can't wait to see more!

I think your plans sounds amazing and can totally identify with the changing of the hotels, it's so hard to commit and make a choice....

I also identify with this flight issue I had the same thing going my last trip I had enough points for one flight but not all.

I love the planning but you're spreadsheet is amazing!!!!! I just use the app and maybe I'm lacking :)

Caught up!

I am seriously impressed with your dress skills!! I used to sew, but am just too busy now. So instead DD5 just has every Disney Store dress possible plus a couple of Etsy wonders. Maybe someday!

I am totally stealing your screenshot of spreadsheets idea. I too have ridiculous spreadsheets so I will share my crazy on my PTR :)

Just caught up!

Wow you're talented the dresses all came out amazing!!! I love them. Can't wait to see more!

I think your plans sounds amazing and can totally identify with the changing of the hotels, it's so hard to commit and make a choice....

I also identify with this flight issue I had the same thing going my last trip I had enough points for one flight but not all.

I love the planning but you're spreadsheet is amazing!!!!! I just use the app and maybe I'm lacking :)

Ok - I'm attempting the multiple quote...
Thank your for the compliments :) it's seen probably thousands of revisions over the past few years and will probably see a few hundred more before all is said and done with this trip. Them I get to have fun using it to plan the next one LOL. I'm already thinking of what to so when we take her back at 8 or 9 yo - probably around halloween, maybe may F&G season. :)

Caught up!

I am seriously impressed with your dress skills!! I used to sew, but am just too busy now. So instead DD5 just has every Disney Store dress possible plus a couple of Etsy wonders. Maybe someday!

I am totally stealing your screenshot of spreadsheets idea. I too have ridiculous spreadsheets so I will share my crazy on my PTR :)

Ive always found sewing to be so relaxing, and decided long ago that if any activity had to suffer so I could keep sewing, it would be housework. :rolleyes1

Being home sick so much during cancer treatment has given me a bit more time, albeit in 10-15 minute increments between pain pills and exhaustion, but it makes me so happy, I don't know how I'd cope without it.

That said, I'm far from an expert, and have been known to cut a few corners - I hate handwork with a passion, so if I can do it by machine, I will. And I still haven't figured out how to always get my hems to lie flat. But, I'm usually satisfied with the results, and so is DD, and that's what matters. :)

After spending many hours staring at the spreadsheet again yesterday - 'cause there's not much else I can manage at this point - I decided NOT to do MVMCP this go 'round. I don't think little monster will be able to manage such a long day and remain in good spirits, and would rather not spend the extra money to be hauling around a tantruming 4 year-old. That's nobody's idea of a good time.

But, that's her BBB day, and I still want to do something special.... So, since we're staying at POR, I'm thinking of doing the carriage ride. :)

I think that, in the end, this will give us a more relaxing evening, and DD won't miss out, really. We can do the party when she's older. We can still see Christmas wishes most other nights from the CR viewing deck or poly beach, or wherever, and the parade is on YouTube. LOL.

I don't have to move around any of my planned ADR's or park days, either, so there's minimal disruption to the spreadsheet. Will post another updated version next time I'm on the laptop, along with my new daily outlines (credit to Billie for the idea).

I'm starting to really get into a funk here, as I get closer and closer to the start of radiation treatment and such, what with the actual symptoms I'm having, the coordinating of insurance and hospitals and dr visits, and the anxiety involved in knowing what I've got coming up. :/

So, I tapped into the disney fund to do a little online disney retail therapy. I got the stroller rain cover, stroller gate check bag, stroller lock, and travel luggage scale we're going to need, for less than $50, including tax, with free shipping. I love amazon. :)

And I feel a little better now, because I've made just that tiny bit of progress. It should all arrive while I'm in isolation, so I'll have presents waiting. LOL.

And, in other news, my TA received a PIN code in her name yesterday. It's the same late fall/winter RO folks have been getting lately, but if she gets one, maybe I'll get one, too. At least it makes GP release look more likely. :)

Grand total OOP for the roundtrip fare for the three of us...drumroll, please......

$536.60!
Holy crap, dude! For three people? That's amazeballs! :eek:

And, in one last "big" change - I was showing Little Monster pictures of the WL rooms last night, and she was very vocally unimpressed. :rolleyes2. Same with the rooms for the CR. Since this trip is (ostensibly) for her, I printed her out pictures of the various rooms within budget that DH and I would find acceptable - and so we're back to the POR RR. DD immediately chose that picture as the room she wanted to stay in. I offered to have her pick two so we could do a split stay, and she's adamant that she wants to stay there the whole time. So, we've come full circle and will be changing our reservation back to POR RR, Standard View, with a request for top floor room. :lmao:
I already knew this was coming, but I still love it! Once those military discounts finally come out, I'm hoping to move to a Royal Room at POR too! princess:

But, that's her BBB day, and I still want to do something special.... So, since we're staying at POR, I'm thinking of doing the carriage ride. :)
I love this idea! :cutie:

I don't have to move around any of my planned ADR's or park days, either, so there's minimal disruption to the spreadsheet.
I heartily approve of minimal spreadsheet disruption! ::yes::

Will post another updated version next time I'm on the laptop, along with my new daily outlines (credit to Billie for the idea).
Hooray for inspiring you to do even MOAR planning! :rotfl:

I'm starting to really get into a funk here, as I get closer and closer to the start of radiation treatment and such, what with the actual symptoms I'm having, the coordinating of insurance and hospitals and dr visits, and the anxiety involved in knowing what I've got coming up. :/
Hang in there, girl! You got this! :hug:

So, I tapped into the disney fund to do a little online disney retail therapy. I got the stroller rain cover, stroller gate check bag, stroller lock, and travel luggage scale we're going to need, for less than $50, including tax, with free shipping. I love amazon. :)
I love Amazon! And I love retail therapy! :goodvibes

And I feel a little better now, because I've made just that tiny bit of progress. It should all arrive while I'm in isolation, so I'll have presents waiting. LOL.
That's great that you set yourself up with something to look forward to afterwards! Hooray for presents! :cutie:

Holy crap, dude! For three people? That's amazeballs! :eek:

I already knew this was coming, but I still love it! Once those military discounts finally come out, I'm hoping to move to a Royal Room at POR too! princess:

I love this idea! :cutie:

I heartily approve of minimal spreadsheet disruption! ::yes::

Hooray for inspiring you to do even MOAR planning! :rotfl:

Hang in there, girl! You got this! :hug:

I love Amazon! And I love retail therapy! :goodvibes

That's great that you set yourself up with something to look forward to afterwards! Hooray for presents! :cutie:

Yep, that airfare is for all three of us. My airline points saved us $111, but it's the flying out of Austin instead of SA that is the big saver. I just need DH to decide if he wants a hotel room in Austin the night before, or if he wants to drive out of SA at 4-ish in the morning, since it's a little over one-hour drive and we'd have to be at the airport around 5:30 for a 7 am flight. With a hotel room the night before, we could sleep an extra hour or so. But, since he'd be doing that driving, it's up to him.

And I know you live just about 5 hours' drive away from disney, but it might be worth looking at southwest someday - start accumulating points through their (free) shopping and dining program, and someday get yourself a pretty much free flight just for S&G's, y'know? I registered my debit card, and get 3 points per dollar at a (huge) list of participating restaurants, seamlessly, at no extra cost to me. Same thing with shopping online - crap I was going to buy anyways, I could usually find a retailer on their list. It may take a long time to accumulate significant points this way, but they pretty much never expire anyway, so it doesn't hurt to do it.

And that's enough of me being a commercial. LOL.

:duck:

As promised, here are the new daily spreadsheets, along with the most recent incarnation of the overview:
upload_2015-5-22_16-21-5.png

Day 1/Travel Day:
upload_2015-5-22_16-21-42.png

Day 2/MK:
upload_2015-5-22_16-22-12.png

Day 3/AK:
upload_2015-5-22_16-22-45.png

Day 4/DHS:
upload_2015-5-22_16-23-10.png

Day 5/Epcot:
upload_2015-5-22_16-23-40.png

Day 6/MK:
upload_2015-5-22_16-24-3.png

Day 7/Epcot:
upload_2015-5-22_16-24-29.png

Day 8/MK:
upload_2015-5-22_16-24-50.png

Day 9/Epcot:
upload_2015-5-22_16-25-11.png

I know it's a lot to look at, it even makes my eyes cross when I look at it all set out like that. LOL.

Any glaring errors/inconsistencies? I've tried to always allow at least 30 minutes for every bus ride, an hour for QS meals, over an hour for a regular TS, and I think almost two hours for the CRT.

I splurged and got the subscription from touring plans so I can play with that a little more later, but I seriously doubt I'll be sticking to anything more than the most general of guidelines, like I've got above. Aside from the ADR's, I want to have no more than one or two "must-do's" a day, to minimize the stress, but at the same time, I want to avoid standing around going "what next?" We do like to sit on benches and people-watch, but I'm not sure how much of that Little Monster will be up for. And while I like shopping, I don't intend to spend the whole trip in gift shops, either. We're taking plenty of spending money, but just aren't big souvenir people, generally. We spend our money on food. :)

Your daily spreadsheets make me so happy, I might have peed a little. :laughing:

Did I overlook it, or do I not see the Festival of Fantasy parade on there anywhere? I'm not a big parade person, and I absolutely LOVED it. If that tells you just how amazeballs awesome it is. (**EDIT** I see it there now, on 12/13! Crisis averted!)

We're taking plenty of spending money, but just aren't big souvenir people, generally. We spend our money on food. :)
My people! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter