Less than TEN days to go; I can do this! *Updated 12/2*

I also have an update on the Belle dress.

image.jpg

I still have to do the "belt" with the swagged drapes that goes on top of the whole skirt, but I'm really tickled with how this is coming out. The Cinderella dress is next, and I'm expecting it to go pretty quickly.

Okay, so free dining this year is a no-go, date-wise, but I'm more okay with that than I expected.

If I'd moved for free dining, even assuming I didn't have to completely upgrade the room/view, it would have come out more expensive than a 30% RO discount on my current dates.

This means I don't have to shift my dates, and I'm just going to wait for a room-only discount. Those don't usually have blackout dates, right?

Since my dates are now pretty much set, I can buy my airfare when southwest releases it, so I can get the best prices there. We don't fly often enough to bother checking and rechecking for credits, and most folks seem to say the best selection/prices for southwest are on release day.

So, I think I can just chill for a while. Park hours should come out soon, airfare comes out soon, and I can stop stressing so much. Worse comes to worst, if there's no RO, we can drop to value and check out the pop. :)

The Belle dress turned out fantastic!

A couple of weeks ago I realized I could get a much better deal renting DVC points to allow me to afford to stay at deluxe. I decided to forgo the Free Dining and went that route (well I still kept 3 days at AOA Little Mermaid room at my daughter's request). It is only costing me a few hundred more to go this route instead of staying at the value! :) I can't wait! I am sure your plan will come together,no problem!

Did your surgery happen yet?

The Belle dress turned out fantastic!

A couple of weeks ago I realized I could get a much better deal renting DVC points to allow me to afford to stay at deluxe. I decided to forgo the Free Dining and went that route (well I still kept 3 days at AOA Little Mermaid room at my daughter's request). It is only costing me a few hundred more to go this route instead of staying at the value! :) I can't wait! I am sure your plan will come together,no problem!

Did your surgery happen yet?

Thanks! The surgery was in January, am doing PT for the shoulder. Radiation is the next step, and it's coming up soon - may 25th. Then 10 days isolation and another week or two to get my levels back to normal. There is light at the end of this tunnel! :)

We thought about renting DVC points, but only found out about it after the first $$ was saved on disney gift cards. It took us too long to save that much, and I can't pay a rental company with it. LOL. Its definitely an option for next time, though. :)

Oops, sorry that I got the procedures mixed up. I had to have radioactive iodine treatment when I was younger. It really amused how I had to flush twice as not to potentially contaminate anyone. ;) I wasn't able to be around small children, but luckily I did not have kids yet.

I was doing the Disney gift card thing too. Luckily I had only paid for half of my trip at that point and opted to just keep 3 days, DDP, and all of our tickets with the gift cards and was able to turn around and do DVC for the rest. Lesson learned for me!

The withdrawal from my thyroid meds is really starting to get to me. After work yesterday, I pretty much collapsed when I got home. I still felt completely drained this morning, so I stayed home. There was an hour or so in late morning where I felt ok, so I got a little sewing done. The Belle is, except for a couple embellishments, done. Little monster even got to try it on. :)

image.jpg

Still a little big, but I think it will fit fine by December.

Only the Cinderella is left, as far as what I've got cut out. I hope to finish it before I go in for radiation, so I don't have too much time left. After radiation, I hope to get a Snow White and maybe a Merida done, but if life gets in the way, she'll at least have six to choose from.

In Disney "news," I've been giving thought to getting myself an annual pass, IF any AP discounts come out. IF I do that, I'd get the TIW card and do the dining OOP. I think we'd save a bunch if I can figure out the process.

We've got MYW with dining booked right now. I know tickets can be upgraded, but I don't want to upgrade everyone. I also want to keep any fast passes that I manage to book before we go.

From what I have gathered, I can book the room at AP rate, but will have to show it at checkin. So, since we're (hopefully) arriving in the morning, I can head to whatever guest services booth is nearest (MK?) and upgrade my ticket there before I check in, buy my TIW card, and should be good to go from there, right? I can leave luggage at bell services while I do this? None of it should affect ADR's or fast passes, should it? What about CRT, if we go from having the dining plan to cancelling it? That's definitely one I don't want to lose.

:)

The dress turned out gorgeous! I remember you were worried about that one!

I'm not much help with the AP/TIW stuff. But I can't for the life of me imagine that it would mess up anything with your ADRs or FP+ selections, or why it would? You might try calling Disney after all this Free Dining stuff dies down, and seeing what they say. My instinct is that you'll be fine, though!

More changes today - I saw where folks are already getting PINS for late fall - and CR was only listed at 20%. I needed 30% to make it within reach. *sigh* I doubt the GP release would have a higher discount than the PIN code.

So, our ressie has been moved to WL. Its what DH wanted anyhow, and it is gorgeous for the holidays, but I'm just kinda "meh" about it. Rustic is not my thing.

In any case, though, I will just be happy to be there. :)

IRL, I stayed home again today. I have been feeling crappier and crappier. I thought I would work through next week, but I'm thinking now that I won't make it. Driving is already a bit risky, takes extra effort.

I did have another good couple of hours this afternoon, and I got sewing on the Cinderella-inspired dress. I had to work in fits and starts, and screwed up a lot because my brain sucks right now - the seam ripper is my frenemy. But, it's almost done. The dress is so simple to assemble, and had I been in my right mind, I could have done it in half the time. All that remain are the shoulder bow and zipper. I might put rhinestones on it, maybe, but I'm not sure. Depends on what I think of the bow.

image.jpg

Anyhow, I'm off to pass out now. Lol. Still checking daily for park hours and fall discount. Got fingers and toes all crossed. :)

More changes today - I saw where folks are already getting PINS for late fall - and CR was only listed at 20%. I needed 30% to make it within reach. *sigh* I doubt the GP release would have a higher discount than the PIN code.
Don't give up hope! It's good that you went ahead and changed to WL, which is definitely within your financial reach. But there's always a chance you can switch back to CR. Usually when a late fall / winter special comes out, it's 30% off the deluxes! :thumbsup2

Also, around what time do ya'll plan on checking in on Dec. 8th? Your travel agent pal here might have another suggestion. :goodvibes

The Cinderella dress is SO CUTE!!!! :cutie:

Last edited:
Don't give up hope! It's good that you went ahead and changed to WL, which is definitely within your financial reach. But there's always a chance you can switch back to CR. Usually when a late fall / winter special comes out, it's 30% off the deluxes! :thumbsup2

Also, around what time do ya'll plan on checking in on Dec. 8th? Your travel agent pal here might have another suggestion. :goodvibes

The Cinderella dress is SO CUTE!!!! :cutie:

Check-in time will depend on what flights I can get, but It looks like it's reasonable to expect a landing around 11am-noon that day. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for something at CR. :)

Check-in time will depend on what flights I can get, but It looks like it's reasonable to expect a landing around 11am-noon that day. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for something at CR. :)
I'm checking into some stuff for you. Question: Are you married to Dec. 8-18? Could you do Dec. 7-17, if it meant you could get 40% off of the Contemporary?

I'm checking into some stuff for you. Question: Are you married to Dec. 8-18? Could you do Dec. 7-17, if it meant you could get 40% off of the Contemporary?

Up until I buy airfare (SWA release 5/14), I could definitely shift my dates a little bit - but my TA is also my IRL bestie, so I can't switch agencies - even though you are AWESOME. :) I'd have to have the Room/dining come out to less than $4500 or so.

Thank you!

Up until I buy airfare (SWA release 5/14), I could definitely shift my dates a little bit - but my TA is also my IRL bestie, so I can't switch agencies - even though you are AWESOME. :) I'd have to have the Room/dining come out to less than $4500 or so.
Oh, I'm not trying to steal your business! LOL. Not even remotely. I actually have a more personal offer that I'm thinking of. I'll private message you the details. ;)

As always, the dress looks awesome! And i have to say, the picture of your daughter in the Belle dress made me think of the Pepsi Girl (I am dating myself here, you may not know who I am talking about). I hope feel better soon!

images

images

As always, the dress looks awesome! And i have to say, the picture of your daughter in the Belle dress made me think of the Pepsi Girl (I am dating myself here, you may not know who I am talking about). I hope feel better soon!

images

images
Yep, Little Monster looks soooo much like the Pepsi girl. I wonder how the girl looks all grown up? LOL.

image.jpg

Dd also gets lots of comparisons to "Curly sue," mostly because of the crazy hair. Of all the traits I thought she might inherit, curly hair wasn't even on my radar - nobody in our immediate family on either side has curly hair. We have to branch out into cousins and second cousins to find curly hair - and nobody's is as curly as hers. Lol.

I had to google the girl for the pictures and saw photos of her grown up. Very pretty. Also learned she is related to actor Jesse Eisenberg (Social Network, Zombieland). Brother/sister. Who knew. ;)

upload_2015-5-5_8-51-24.png

I've made a few changes to the spreadsheet, including dropping Chef Mickey's breakfast - I just wasn't that keen on it, and dropping it allowed me to move some things around and fit in dinner at BOMA!! We also sacrificed the Flame Tree BBQ so I could put Boma in that time slot, which I'm not sad about - we can get great BBQ here, and DH is something of a griller himself, so we'd just be comparing the food to that, anyhow. I think having dinner at AKL after an AK day will make for a nice "flow" that day, and give us a good chance to check out the lodge and animals. And, as an added bonus, the "cost" of the Boma dinner makes the dining plan more "worth it," since we could do a little better than just breaking even.

upload_2015-5-5_8-59-20.png

The only thing I'd still like to figure out is how to get rid of some of the "food court" breakfasts - DH is a stickler for breakfast every day, and there are going to be days where he just heads down to the food court to pick up something for us, but I really wish there were more QS breakfast options in the parks. It's probably not something that can be helped.

We're still waiting on the Morimoto's, so I'll be able to update my estimate there a little better once menus are available - I just looked at the ones in other cities to get a guesstimate. DH is really looking forward to this one, but he knows there's still a lot of "wait and see" as to whether it will be open, and how hard it will be to get a ressie.

I also created a "cheat sheet" for my TA, listing just the things that need reservations/extra tickets:

upload_2015-5-5_9-4-26.png

Am just absolutely dying for park hours to come out, and for Southwest to release their flight schedules. Until then, I get to just fiddle with my spreadsheet to my heart's content. :) I'll be staying home until sometime in late June now, after radiation, so I'll have lots of time to obsess.

And the belle dress is finally completely finished. I added the little "medallions" at the gathers on the poufy skirt. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think that finished it off nicely. I wish they were a little bigger, but am pleased with it overall. Very glad to be done with it. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0
dropping it allowed me to move some things around and fit in dinner at BOMA!!
I heartily approve this change! :thumbsup2

I think having dinner at AKL after an AK day will make for a nice "flow" that day, and give us a good chance to check out the lodge and animals.
I've done exactly this many many times, and it's perfect! You'll love it! ::yes::

I really wish there were more QS breakfast options in the parks
Hmm. I rarely eat breakfast at my resort's food court, maybe once or twice during a trip. Which parks are you having trouble finding breakfast CS options for? Maybe I can throw out some ideas!

Am just absolutely dying for park hours to come out
You and me both, sister! :hyper:

And the belle dress is finally completely finished. I added the little "medallions" at the gathers on the poufy skirt. :)
It's beeeeeeeyooteeful!!!! :eek:

Hmm. I rarely eat breakfast at my resort's food court, maybe once or twice during a trip. Which parks are you having trouble finding breakfast CS options for? Maybe I can throw out some ideas!

I've currently got four food-court breakfasts, and would like to have only one or two, so I could use suggestions for DHS, MK, and Epcot. The catch is that it's got to be fairly early - we usually eat within an hour of waking up, or DD and DH get cranky. It seems like most in-park things don't open until 10 or so, and that won't fly with them. LOL. Most mornings, we will be awake by seven, if not sooner. Worse comes to worst, we can head to a different resort for *their* food court breakfast. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter