Length of wait for loading resale points

guppy1013

Mouseketeer
On 7/25 we closed and 7/26 our deed was recorded. The email said 14 to 21 days before the points were loaded, but saw on random threads people were at 9-11 days. We called at a week and the CM was very helpful and searched for our number but it wasn't in the system yet. Anyone close to our timeline? Waiting still? Share some patience with me?

Some are loaded sooner than others. You are at the mercy of Disney and direct buyers comes first.

Check back in a couple of days.

:earsboy: Bill

Also didn't know if whatever they are updating online and w member services would have a delay. Buying resale has been relatively pain free for us. But being new to DVC we are very anxious to just get into member services and check it out. Doesn't help my sister in laws fam is there now and texting us pictures! What a tease!

On 7/25 we closed and 7/26 our deed was recorded. The email said 14 to 21 days before the points were loaded, but saw on random threads people were at 9-11 days. We called at a week and the CM was very helpful and searched for our number but it wasn't in the system yet. Anyone close to our timeline? Waiting still? Share some patience with me?

Brand new here... I closed 7/24 and my deed was recorded that afternoon... Im still not in the system either. Gonna give it a few more hours and call this afternoon. I will let you know when Im in. FINGERS CROSSED!

Called this morning and was still not showing up. However both times I called the CM couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant. Can't wait to hear when you get yours, we "should" be right behind ya then!

Our deed was recorded 7/24 and the contract isn't loaded yet either.
So, 13 days tomorrow. No points until 8/14, so no real hurry but with a cashed check, really want to see the points deposited.

This is our first resale purchase since the rule changes of 2011.

Called this morning and was still not showing up. However both times I called the CM couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant. Can't wait to hear when you get yours, we "should" be right behind ya then!

Nothing yesterday and the CM I spoke to wasnt going to help me at all until I said "Thats odd I was just connected to you by your supervisor and she was pretty clear you COULD help me" This CM actually asked for the last 4 of my SS# and I honestly dont remember my SS# being involved in any part of the process nor have I been asked that before... I have a TON of points on this contract that need to get used half by feb 28th I hope they get moving!

I was entered in the DVC computer system yesterday but they wont give me my member # They said I have to either wait for them to mail it or get it from the seller. IF they had my SS# on file they would give it to me but they do not. According to Magic Vacation Title Disney used to ask for it on the transfer form but they no longer do....

I was entered in the DVC computer system yesterday but they wont give me my member # They said I have to either wait for them to mail it or get it from the seller. IF they had my SS# on file they would give it to me but they do not. According to Magic Vacation Title Disney used to ask for it on the transfer form but they no longer do....

Does that mean that when you buy resale the buyer gets the seller's old member #?

We include my SSN every time we buy a contract. The last 4 of the SSN is used as a security code.

Some people feel that they don't want to give out their SSN but my understanding is that it is required on all real estate transactions by the Federal Government.

:earsboy: Bill

We include my SSN every time we buy a contract. The last 4 of the SSN is used as a security code.

I called them (after I got my member #) to add my SSN, so if I ever forgot my member number I could still get access to my account, they told me they couldn't add it unless I had a loan with them, because of privacy concerns.

There was just a report from someone who added her SSN to her closing docs, yet was unable to get her member# over the phone because the SSN wasn't listed on her account. She had her title company ask why the SSN wasn't added and Disney told the title company they couldn't add the SSN unless you have a loan with them.

So I think whether or not they add your SSN (assuming you provide one) to the account is random; if the person setting up your account is a stickler for policy, they don't add it. If they aren't a stickler or don't know the policy, they fill it in. Heaven knows Disney isn't removing the SSNs once the loan is over, so it's just more random nonsense.

Several people have said they were able to get MA to add a password to their account before the account was set up, which enabled them to get their member number a few days earlier. But others have not, and have been told that Disney can't add a password until the member has their member number.

Nothing yesterday and the CM I spoke to wasnt going to help me at all until I said "Thats odd I was just connected to you by your supervisor and she was pretty clear you COULD help me" This CM actually asked for the last 4 of my SS# and I honestly dont remember my SS# being involved in any part of the process nor have I been asked that before... I have a TON of points on this contract that need to get used half by feb 28th I hope they get moving!

Wow...I am always asked for the last 4 of my SS when I call MS...if the contract is loaded, you should be able to see it in your online account which would would have the member number there..

Wow...I am always asked for the last 4 of my SS when I call MS...if the contract is loaded, you should be able to see it in your online account which would would have the member number there..

Yeah they asked me for the last 4 of my SS# also but its not associated with the account so its useless. I guess I can try and contact my seller... but i dont have any of their information, I could try adding a password via fax OR I can try and be patient and wait for the paper work from the mouse...

Yeah they asked me for the last 4 of my SS# also but its not associated with the account so its useless. I guess I can try and contact my seller... but i dont have any of their information, I could try adding a password via fax OR I can try and be patient and wait for the paper work from the mouse...

Got it...missed the part that they don't have that for you...

Our contract, deed recorded with Orange County on 7/24, was added to our membership yesterday (8/6), but still no points loaded.

IM IN! No points are loaded but im IN and I have my member #!!!

Got it over the phone in a kind of round about way. I called up MA and instead of asking for my member number I asked if they could please help me set up my online account.... The MA was really sweet and helpful. She verified my name and full mailing address, gave me an club ID # (this is totally different then your member ID #) and an activation code. Walked me thru set up. Once I was in the account my member # popped up....

No points but im IN!!!!!! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter