Lauren & George's Wishes Wedding- 12.01/16- WP/Attic *Updated 11/06: TR Day 6!

Eek, I totally want that clutch too! I love everything kate spade, so when I saw the Minnie collection, I knew I had to have it. I should be getting a coupon next week, so I think I'll go for it for my wedding too!

That minnie mouse clutch is SO CUTE!! And the save the date cards are adorable! I love that pic of you guys walking under the castle.

(relatively new reader. hi!:wave:)

Love your save the dates! I really struggled with putting ours together as well, who knew something so simple could be such a pain in the butt?! Our wedding website is pretty set up for now. We still have to choose registry stuff as well. We are probably going with Amazon and Zola (Target is a great idea too, may have to add that to the list). Yay planning and getting stuff done!

Eek, I totally want that clutch too! I love everything kate spade, so when I saw the Minnie collection, I knew I had to have it. I should be getting a coupon next week, so I think I'll go for it for my wedding too!

Having to wait until after the 20th to see this thing is going to be pure torture! I hope its as beautiful in person as it is in the pictures! I love all of Kate Spade's stuff, but I've never bit the bullet so this is my first KS purchase ever <3

That minnie mouse clutch is SO CUTE!! And the save the date cards are adorable! I love that pic of you guys walking under the castle.

(relatively new reader. hi!:wave:)

Thank you and welcome! Hope you're enjoying my PJ and I'm sure it'll get more entertaining once I've had my planning session and have a better vision of what my day is going to look like.

Love your save the dates! I really struggled with putting ours together as well, who knew something so simple could be such a pain in the butt?! Our wedding website is pretty set up for now. We still have to choose registry stuff as well. We are probably going with Amazon and Zola (Target is a great idea too, may have to add that to the list). Yay planning and getting stuff done!

Thank you! It was SO hard deciding and now I'm super stressing on how my invites are going to look. Amazon is an awesome idea for a wedding registry! If I was having more friends and less family (who are older) at our wedding, then I think I would go with that too, but most are traditional guests who are going to want a traditional registry. I have a feeling most (at least my side of the family) will just be giving cash anyways since they're coming from Canada.

Hair and Makeup Inspiration

In honor of securing my hair and makeup for the wedding (YAY!!!), I thought I'd show you all some hair and makeup inspiration. Since I'm a local Disney bride, I'm lucky enough that I get to have my regular hair stylist do my hair for my wedding...and the best part about that is that not only is she one of my very close friends for almost 10 years, but she's also a licensed hair and makeup artist for weddings (and she's done several Disney weddings in the past). We met up for coffee last week so that we could talk ideas for hair and makeup looks for the wedding, as well as set up our time-table for the morning. Since we still have quite a few months to go until the wedding, I don't know super specific details on who all will be in the room with me while getting ready, but I have offered to pay for my mom and sister (MOH) to get their hair and makeup done. My mom is unsure if she'll be able to get there that early because she doesn't want to leave my grandmother alone (though I said she's welcome to come too), but I think my sister will hold me up on the offer. My best friend Meghan will also definitely be there in the room with me when we're getting ready. I really hope my mom ends up coming because I'd be pretty upset to not have her there for one of the most important mornings of my life.

Anyways, I will definitely 100% be getting hair extensions for the wedding because my hair is barely shoulder-length and even though I've been growing it out for 2 years, it just won't grow past that. I'll be getting the extensions put in earlier in the week so that it does not take time away from the morning of the wedding. Here are some inspiration pics from Pinterest on how I want to style my hair for the wedding:

25586263082_ac851af087_c.jpg

25586264142_9b71426309_c.jpg

25707300625_1c11457ee9_c.jpg

25681257406_7b9563e92b_b.jpg

I want to wear my hair down and wavy, like in the first two, and obviously I love the braided look. I really like the two braided up-do's as well though. I want to add a little sparkle to the look though, so I'm going to look for a small hair comb that I can pin to the side. I also really want to add a little pop of color to my hair. From time to time, I put either pink or teal streaks in my hair, but I never keep up with it because the color fades out so fast. However, I absolutely loved when I had pink streaks in my hair and got so many compliments and I think I want to do it again for my wedding day. My only concern is that pink isn't really one of my wedding colors (not that it needs to be) and I don't want it to clash with anything. Here's a picture of me when I had the pink in my hair. What do ya'll think? Would this go good with my wedding look?

25586320382_1c627eab4b_c.jpg

Pink hair courtesy of Anna, my amazing hair goddess!

I couldn't really find too many pictures on Pinterest to show what I want my makeup to look like, but we discussed it and came up with a plan. For my eye makeup, I want to do a shimmery champagne/rose gold shadow with a cat-eye and false lashes. Here's a similar look that I'm going for, though I will go with a bolder lip color so that it shows in pictures more.

25707301795_e167373af0_c.jpg

I've already scheduled my hair and makeup trial with Anna (sorry, I don't think I mentioned her name earlier)! We're going to do it on Friday, October 7th, which is the day of my bachelorette party! Since we've already got our engagement pictures done, I might as well not let my perfectly awesome hair and makeup go to waste, so I'll save it to look fabulous for a night out with my girls :love:

I think that's it for now! I'm at such a weird phase of planning right now. Things are starting to feel so real, but until we have our Planning Session, which isn't until June, I can't really set anything in stone. I do have to crack down on finding inspiration for floral and centerpieces though. I have such a hard time doing this because flowers really aren't my thing and we don't really have a theme (other than Disney) for our wedding so I don't know what to do. All I know is I don't want to have boring, bare tables. Back to the Pinterest boards I go!

I posted the exact same loose braided updo on my pinterest!!! DF said he loves braids, so I'm thinking of doing something like that with my hair :) That makeup you chose is GORGEOUS. It's so nice you get to have your hairdresser there with you!! Especially one who's known you for 10 years :) I'm sure she's heard lots of amazing stories about your fiancé over the course of your relationship while getting your hair done! So exciting she gets to be there for your big day

I posted the exact same loose braided updo on my pinterest!!! DF said he loves braids, so I'm thinking of doing something like that with my hair :) That makeup you chose is GORGEOUS. It's so nice you get to have your hairdresser there with you!! Especially one who's known you for 10 years :) I'm sure she's heard lots of amazing stories about your fiancé over the course of your relationship while getting your hair done! So exciting she gets to be there for your big day

Great minds think alike :) She actually cuts my hair and my fiancé's hair, so I'm sure she's heard her fair share of relationship stories over the years. Lol.

8 Months To Go!
I don't have much in the way of updates today, but just wanted to point out that today is 8 MONTHS UNTIL THE WEDDING!!! :jumping1:

I can't believe how fast time is flying by, and going sooo slow all at the same time. I'm so anxious for our Planning Session and getting the ball really rolling on the big things like floral, décor, and food. We did, however, finally sit down together one evening and we made all our decisions on what items to try for our menu and cake tasting. Surprisingly, we were pretty agreeable too! That was a huge relief. I'll post our picks when I do a more thorough update closer to the Planning Session.

I lied, we do have some small updates! Our Save the Dates came in 2 weeks ago and they turned out great! Yay! We still haven't sent them out yet because I feel like 8 months is still too far out to send them since most of our guests are not booking hotel rooms anyways.

We also booked our room for the Disneyland portion of our honeymoon! DF's cousin works for Disney and was able to book us a room at the Grand Californian using his friends and family discount, which saved us a TON of money. I'm so excited! I can't believe I'll be staying at the Grand Floridian, Grand Californian, and Aulani all in a one-week spam of time! I feel so lucky and spoiled all at the same time.

Anyways, just wanted to provide you with a small update since I haven't posted much this month. I hope to do a big floral and décor inspiration post soon, but my vision is so hazy when it comes to that that I'm having a hard time trying to find what I want on Pinterest. We're wanting to stick with a vintage Disney parks theme, but maybe adding Boardwalk and carnival/fair-esque elements to it so we can stick with the theming of the Attic. Does that make sense? Anyone have any ideas or suggestions of how to bring this out in the floral and centerpieces?

8 Months To Go!
I don't have much in the way of updates today, but just wanted to point out that today is 8 MONTHS UNTIL THE WEDDING!!! :jumping1:

I can't believe how fast time is flying by, and going sooo slow all at the same time. I'm so anxious for our Planning Session and getting the ball really rolling on the big things like floral, décor, and food. We did, however, finally sit down together one evening and we made all our decisions on what items to try for our menu and cake tasting. Surprisingly, we were pretty agreeable too! That was a huge relief. I'll post our picks when I do a more thorough update closer to the Planning Session.

I lied, we do have some small updates! Our Save the Dates came in 2 weeks ago and they turned out great! Yay! We still haven't sent them out yet because I feel like 8 months is still too far out to send them since most of our guests are not booking hotel rooms anyways.

We also booked our room for the Disneyland portion of our honeymoon! DF's cousin works for Disney and was able to book us a room at the Grand Californian using his friends and family discount, which saved us a TON of money. I'm so excited! I can't believe I'll be staying at the Grand Floridian, Grand Californian, and Aulani all in a one-week spam of time! I feel so lucky and spoiled all at the same time.

Anyways, just wanted to provide you with a small update since I haven't posted much this month. I hope to do a big floral and décor inspiration post soon, but my vision is so hazy when it comes to that that I'm having a hard time trying to find what I want on Pinterest. We're wanting to stick with a vintage Disney parks theme, but maybe adding Boardwalk and carnival/fair-esque elements to it so we can stick with the theming of the Attic. Does that make sense? Anyone have any ideas or suggestions of how to bring this out in the floral and centerpieces?

We are right behind you! Yay 8 months to go!

As far as centerpiece/decor inspirations: vintage park maps, old ride posters, mouse ear hats, old ticket books/vintage park tickets, topiaries, etc. Maybe choose different attractions (vintage or otherwise) and theme the tables after those? You can always have them stick within a certain color scheme to keep the vintage feel that coordinates with the Attic as well.

For carnival/boardwalk themes the first things that pop into my mind are popcorn/cotton candy/old candy store, bicycles, boating hats, elephants, and someone eating fire. ;)

We are right behind you! Yay 8 months to go!

As far as centerpiece/decor inspirations: vintage park maps, old ride posters, mouse ear hats, old ticket books/vintage park tickets, topiaries, etc. Maybe choose different attractions (vintage or otherwise) and theme the tables after those? You can always have them stick within a certain color scheme to keep the vintage feel that coordinates with the Attic as well.

For carnival/boardwalk themes the first things that pop into my mind are popcorn/cotton candy/old candy store, bicycles, boating hats, elephants, and someone eating fire. ;)

Thanks twinkybel81! I love all of your ideas and we definitely plan to use old attraction posters as our table numbers (shrunk down of course). I'll have to look into old ticket books and stuff to see how Disney can incorporate that into the décor because I love that idea as well.

I love all the carnival and boardwalk themed stuff too! I so wish I wasn't trying to stick to minimums or I'd be all over doing a popcorn bar or something.

I don't know if you've seen this PJ or not (http://www.disboards.com/threads/ch...wedding-june-2013-updated-dress-pics.2957429/) but they did a vintage Boardwalk theme and used the Attic. It was gorgeous! One of the first weddings I followed after getting engaged.

Thank you, Amanda! I will definitely check out that Planning Journal for ideas :)

Definitely take a look at Sarah's wedding (I don't think she did a PJ but she did an episode of the Podcast, as I've linked!). She definitely went with a super whimsical, vintagey Boardwalk theme. She's also in the Disbrides FB group, if you're looking you can find some of her posts there!

Definitely take a look at Sarah's wedding (I don't think she did a PJ but she did an episode of the Podcast, as I've linked!). She definitely went with a super whimsical, vintagey Boardwalk theme. She's also in the Disbrides FB group, if you're looking you can find some of her posts there!

Thanks Jenn! I remember listening to this podcast episode, but have a bad habit of never going and looking at the pictures. This wedding is SUPER adorable. Thanks for sharing!

Bachelorette Party Plans!

As of today, my bridesmaids and I have officially booked our room and ADR for my bachelorette party! I'm so, so excited! Both my bachelorette party and my bridal shower will take place on the weekend of October 7th-9th. The bachelorette party will be on the Friday night and my bridal shower will be in Sunday, just in case we need Saturday to recover :drinking: So what are the big plans for my bachelorette party?!?

26038831363_26251c3b8b_z.jpg

Its going to be SO MUCH FUN! We just booked a room at Coronado for Friday night so that we can just take the bus back and not have to worry about driving that night. Plus I haven't had a sleepover with my ladies in YEARS, so I'm really looking forward to this. We'll probably start the evening around 6ish and I'm thinking I want to start at Trader Sam's before it gets too busy for the evening. Trader Sam's is my favorite bar too, so I think its a great place to start. Such an awesome party atmosphere. After that, I think we'll bring it down a notch and have some classy cocktails and apps at Mizner's Lounge at the Grand Floridian. We will then head back to the Poly for our 9:40PM reservations at 'Ohana (and a Lapu Lapu at Tambu Lounge)! I'm requesting a table by the windows so we can watch Wishes while we eat. What's even better, is that there is a MNSSHP that night, so we'll actually get to see HalloWishes, my favorite! After dinner, we'll end the night at either Outer Rim or The Wave lounge at the Contemporary. We may be too stuffed to drink, but we'll try! I'm not sure what else my bridesmaids have in mind, but I'm sure they'll have at least one or two surprises along the way.

I'm not one to wear a big sash and tiara for the bachelorette party, so I've suggested that the girls all wear little black dresses with their choice of mouse ears, while I'll be wearing a black and white polka-dot dress with my Minnie bride ears. That was my first idea, or possibly Disneybound as our favorite characters. I'm also thinking about getting some custom "I'm Celebrating" buttons made for the bachelorette. Just a cute little souvenir with a Disney touch for my awesome ladies.

Sunday will be my bridal shower. I'm obviously not as involved in planning that part, so I don't have too many details, but we will be doing a brunch bridal shower at my mom's house. She did mention wanting to do a mimosa bar (YES, PLEASE!) and asked me if I'd like a Mickey waffle bar (HELL YES)! Between my mom, who is very organized and creative, and Meghan, who is a PR event planner, I think it will be a perfect and lovely day <3 October can't come soon enough.

Only 49 more days until our Planning Session!

Love the monorail lounge crawl! I may have to steal it . . .:rolleyes1

Sounds like a perfect bachelorette party. I'm sure it'll be a blast!!!

7 Months to Go: Miscellaneous Wedding & Life Updates

Hi everyone! I've been pretty silent around here lately because now that we're so close to the 6-month mark, we've kind of put a hold on any big planning until after the formal planning session. But in the meantime, I've been keeping busy with small things to check off my list. I've also been crazy busy at work with the end of the school year (I work in higher-ed) and things are finally starting to calm down now. DF and I are also keeping busy in real, un-wedding related life too since we both picked up second jobs in January and now only have Saturdays off. Hey, someone's gotta pay for that Disney wedding!

Wedding-Related Updates
The biggest update of all is that we have our rooms booked for the wedding! Even though we're local, we will be spending the night before and night of our wedding on property. We initially planned to stay at the Grand Floridian Villas (thanks to our very generous friends who offered to gift us a night there), but since GFV isn't their home resort, they weren't able to get us a room there at the 7-month mark. No biggie though, because instead, they booked us a 1-bedroom villa at the Boardwalk Villas! I know Grand Floridian is the mack-daddy of all Disney deluxe resorts, but the Boardwalk has always been my favorite resort since I was a kid, so I'm thrilled. Not to mention that having the one-bedroom as opposed to the studio will be AMAZING when it comes to getting ready the morning of the wedding. I'm so excited!

The rest are super random things that I've purchased for the wedding over the past couple of months that just haven't really fit into any previous updates. Probably the biggest purchase I made is that I finally settled on a wedding sash. Its nothing super fancy, but I simply wanted a thin belt that didn't draw too much attention. I saw this one when I went with another friend to look at wedding dresses and decided to try it on with my dress. Simple. Blingy. Perfect.

26784222250_d8ce042d1b_c.jpg

And excuse my gross hair and lack of makeup. This was taken after a long day of work and trying on a bunch of bridesmaids dresses. Yes, I've been asked be in a wedding...a month before my own. I must be a glutton for punishment.

My mom also got her mother-of-the-bride dress and I absolutely LOVE it! She looks so beautiful in it <3

26453218984_bfcddf0a88_c.jpg

We got our toasting flutes ages ago, but they're sealed tightly in a box and I didn't think to take any pictures of them when I got them. This is the wine glass version of the toasting flutes that we got. I couldn't find a picture of the actual champagne ones. Simple and Disney and only $13 a piece!

26784220350_c1a83d2535_c.jpg

And finally, our guestbook! In lieu of a traditional guestbook, we're going to have our guests sign a 9-inch Mickey Vinylmation! We loved this idea when we saw it on Pinterest, even though we don't really collect vinylmation (we just buy the ones we like). Here's what we plan to do, though we might stick to Sharpies of our wedding colors.

26990409291_ec32239068_c.jpg

Life Updates
George and I have also been keeping super busy outside of our wedding planning. Like I said earlier, we both picked up second part-time jobs on the weekends to help pay for the wedding since we don't want to start our marriage in debt. Its been stressful, but it just makes us appreciate the time off we do have together even more. Of course, we've been to the Flower and Garden Festival at EPCOT a couple of times already. We're so addicted to the candies strawberries in China and the frushi in Japan (and I finally tried the violet lemonade and am IN LOVE).

27025565606_f85ef79436_c.jpg

We met Baymax in his new home at EPCOT.

26964287372_50c1b01388_c.jpg

And Joy and Sadness, too. I had to give extra love to my girl Sadness though, because she just looked like she needed a hug.

26784223460_5b89b7c487_c.jpg

In April, we ran the Star Wars Dark Side 10K! It was the first 10K for both of us and we finished in great time! I'm so obsessed with the medals they gave us and we definitely plan to do this race again next year.

26964291812_0c0e779a86_c.jpg

And then immediately after the race, we went home, showered, and drove right back to Disney for Dapper Day! Dapper Day is one of our favorite events and we go every year. I Disneybounded as Minnie Mouse, and George paid tribute to Mickey.

26990394751_603846e565_c.jpg

And for our biggest project, which George has been spending nearly all of his free time working on, is his TK armor for the 501st. He got his kit in February and has been working on piecing it all together over the last few months. In late-April, he finally finished and got his armor approved. He is now officially part of the 501st legion! He did his first troop a couple of weeks ago and he will be trooping at Mega-Con next weekend (where I will be handling him, since the crowds are so big at these conventions). DF is thrilled and I'm so happy for him!

27058380545_619f5b1355_c.jpg

That's pretty much it for now! I still haven't sent out our Save the Dates yet even though I've had them for two months AND I've still been too lazy to make a wedding website or start any wedding registries. I'm really hoping to get those done by the middle of June, since that's when we hit our 6-month mark. I know after the planning session, we really have to also start thinking about ideas for wedding invitations or designing our own. For me, this seems like one of the most daunting tasks since there are literally thousands of types of invitations. I have finally put together an inspiration board for floral and décor ideas so I'll be making a post about that soon too! And I will share what we are choosing to try for our menu and cake tasting next month.

27 days until our planning session!

Floral and Décor Inspiration

Now that we're SO close to our planning session, I've finally gotten my act together and put together my floral and décor inspiration for the ceremony and reception. But before I get started with that, I do have to mention a pretty big change that we made with the wedding...we changed our ceremony site! Kind of. As of right now, we do still have the Wedding Pavilion booked for our wedding, but after discussing it with our planner, we have decided that we are going to hold the ceremony outside at Picture Point! I've always wanted an outdoor wedding, and when we saw how incredibly empty the pavilion would look with our 25 guests, we decided to move it outside so it won't look like we're in a huge, empty room. I'm pretty excited about it! Its a little hard to visualize since there have been so few wedding out there, but our planner was able to send us a few pictures to show us how it would be set up. And if we have bad weather, then we'll just be in the Wedding Pavilion and I am more than happy with either venue!

Ok, lets get started with the floral/décor for our ceremony. Here is a picture that our planner sent us of the wedding setup for Picture Point. We pretty much plan to do exactly how it is in the picture, with a few hanging floral arrangements in our wedding colors on each side. Gorgeous view, isn't it?

If its in our budget, we also plan to add a light sprinkling of flower petals down each side of our very tiny aisle.

And finally....Mickey balloons! We absolutely want to have a fun, whimsical wedding, and what better way to do that than to incorporate Mickey balloons? We plan to use these in our reception décor too :) They're going to look fabulous in pictures.

27310927171_8d368814b9_z.jpg

We haven't decided what we are going to do for our staged exit yet, but we are thinking probably bubbles.

For the reception décor, I mentioned that we are sticking to a vintage Disney/Boardwalk theme. We of course want tons of Disney touches in our reception décor, but we also want to incorporate the vintage seaside-Boardwalk feel into the décor as well. Here are some pictures I found on Pinterest of floral arrangements that I like that tie in to our theme.

26453256194_e1730c168c_z.jpg

27025602556_b23e8051a7_z.jpg

27106060370_c7c0f15cc7_z.jpg

Overall themed picture that I really like:

27025602056_b30eb4ee20_z.jpg

I absolutely love the look of this sweetheart table, and while our color scheme is different, I love the style of it and would really like to do something like this with either the paper fans or pennant banners of some sort.

26453257244_25524fe206_z.jpg

This is what we plan to do for our table numbers. Vintage Disney attraction posters inside of these cute $1 Ikea frames. We're not having assigned seating since our party is so small, but we'd still like to at least do table themes.

27025601076_3a1eeaf73a_z.jpg

I also want to ask my planner and see if we can do striped paper straws in our wedding colors to go with the fun, vintagey theme.

27025606776_e54c572807_z.jpg

For favors, we plan to do custom "I'm Celebrating" buttons, along with possibly a cute bag of salt-water taffy or some other type of candy.

27348493096_6deabfdcba_z.jpg

27025600246_5bf44832da_z.jpg

And last but not least, personal floral. My plan is to do a park map bouquet! This is my inspiration picture (from the Roots, of course). The second I saw this picture, I knew that's what I had to have for my bridal bouquet. I always knew that I didn't want a real floral bouquet because I would be so sad to throw it away and I wasn't sure if a brooch bouquet was quite my style, so when I saw this, I knew it was perfect. I'm still undecided as to whether my bridesmaids will get a smaller version of the park map bouquet or real flowers, but DF will be getting a park map boutonierre.

27058380025_53eb86e87a_z.jpg

I think that's all the inspiration I have. I'm hoping that our planner and florist will be able to decipher and understand what we want. Its so hard to find exactly what you're looking for on Pinterest. I plan to make a PowerPoint slide of my inspiration photos for the planning session so I don't lose my train of thought.

And with that, we are 12 days away from our planning session and tomorrow is officially the 6 month mark until our wedding! Holy cow, time is flying! I will update you on our menu tasting selections for the planning session next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter