Last time you called the Police

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
on someone ?

I never have, but of course if someone life was being harmed I would, other then that I dont. But everyone is different

A few years ago. An ex boyfriend of my daughter's came to the house in the middle of the night and started harassing her. Never did like that piece of crap.

A month ago. When my 7 year old Foster son ran away in nothing but his batman undies and refused to come home.

Someone broke into our boat and took stuff off of it. Called the police about that. They took some life jackets (maybe $60 worth), a set of prescriptions goggles (enjoy those!), and a very old (but no antique) fishing rod. My husband is still sad about that one.

Not really "on" someone- I was driving through a local shopping center a few years ago and witnessed a pretty bad car vs motorcycle accident with injuries. I called 911 to report it at the same time as about 3 other folks- the police and ambulance showed up in less than 5 minutes and took everyone's statements.

I don't remember ever calling the police. I called 911 about 15 years ago when a rental car that was provided for me while my car was in the shop caught fire in my garage.

About seven or eight years ago...

It was January and it was minus 20 degrees out. I looked out my window and a teenage boy was walking by with just slippers, pj bottoms and a tshirt on and he was kind of limping. I opened my door and called out to him, but he just kept going. He was heading towards the forest across the road. I grabbed the phone and called the police and tried to follow him, but by the time I got my coat and boots on, and got out the door I had lost him. Anyways, thankfully, the police found him in the forest and he was okay.

About a month ago we pulled into a parking spot at Walmart and noticed the running car next to us had a bag covering half of their license plate. Got out & noticed while walking into the store that there was also a bag covering half of their back plate. I called the non-emergency number and reported it as suspicious. They sent a car that showed up just as a woman was running out with a cart full of stolen stuff.

A few weeks ago. The neighbor behind my house sets up food in his backyard and when squirrels and birds come to eat it, he shoots them with a pellet gun. I've yelled at him multiple times. Last time he did this, he (inadvertently) shot out my neighbor's window so she called the cops and he was given a warning. He was at it again about two weeks ago, so I called the cops and they took a report and deferred to the DEC.

A few years ago, a domestic dispute in the apartment above mine. One person stabbed the other and they eventually took it into the hallway.

Then, a few months later, I didn't call the cops but they came to me as the superintendent of the building, because someone had witnessed a person climb over the fence into our backyard. I had to let the cops in and they told me, 'if you hear shots, make sure you slam the door shut and lock it.'

Ahh, NYC... Thankfully nothing so dramatic has happened since.

Never on someone in particular, but I live along a nice wide road, with a very deceptive curve in it just past my house. Our bedroom window faces this road. Every few months, we are awakened in the middle of night because someone was either speeding, drunk, or just not paying attention, and lost control in that curve. So, I get to call 911 every few months while DH runs out to try to help. There have been some really, really bad ones, unfortunately. One was so bad we couldn't deal with what we had seen and drove to wdw the next day.

About 8 years ago on an ex boyfriend that broke into my house, waited for me to get home, refused to leave and then started attacking my friend in my front yard. Thank goodness nothing like that had ever happened before or since.

2 weeks ago. Kids were home alone & a trespasser was milling around on our property.

Last year when my dad lost my mom and we thought we were going to have to issue a silver alert. It was 5 am and he couldn't find her so he called me and I called the police on my way over to their house. She was at a neighbors house that they didn't know. I moved in with them that day. Now she is in a locked dementia facility.

I've done it a bunch of times, although I suppose calling 911 is close enough. I've had someone steal change out of my unlocked car (the officer had an idea who it might be since there were several similar cases) and once I had someone following me while I was driving. And he was following me through some really odd stops. I've had my car broken into and a report taken.

However, the last time was when I was driving down a street and a guy in a wheelchair (missing one leg) tried to stop me on the street. He got right up to my car and touched the hood. Then when I backed up and then tried going around him, he rolled into my path and I had to stop or hit him. Then I just completely backed up a half block (everyone else was avoiding going this way seeing what was happening) and then turned around.

I figured I'd better call someone before something bad happened. I stopped on the side, called 911, and with my cell phone I was in touch with California Highway Patrol dispatch, who then put me in touch with the city police dispatch. The first thing she said was "Is he in a wheelchair?" Apparently they had been getting calls, but it was uncertain whether or not he was in the city limits since it was in a border area. Then she said they would send someone out there. That was just bizarre though.

TODAY!!! Came home from work at 5:30am to find my upstairs neighbor passed out drunk behind the wheel of his car with the engine running

About a year ago. I was picking up a pizza and witnessed a man screaming at a woman and acting very angry in the parking lot. I called the police because I was afraid he would hit her. Turns out she had accidentally gotten in a fender bender with him and he was furious about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter