Last time you called the Police

A few years ago I was awake in the middle of the night and I heard what I thought was my neighbor. When I looked outside it was aTeen with a bag going towards my car in the driveway. As soon as he was right At the car door I yelled out the window to get out of there. He took off. I hesitated on what to do so I cAlled the non emergency number. They actually found him. He had been going into unlocked cars and stealing whatever he could get his hands on.

A few years ago. Some lunatic was drunk out of his skull and had taken it upon himself to kick in the bank window across the street from where I was working.

The year was 1990 and I was working alone in a video store when I was in college. A drunk guy was giving me a really hard time and wouldn't leave so I called the police. They got there 45 minutes later. By that time he had left, thankfully.

I called about 15 years ago when I witnessed a car hit a motorcycle. The motorcycle rider went flying down the road in the opposite direction of his bike. It was horrible. I will never forget that sight. I was on a very very busy road heading in the opposite side of the road so I didn't stop.

My kids on the OTH have called 911 a few times. Not fun to get out of the bathroom and find a police officer knocking on your door because your 2 year old got a hold of the phone and started randomly pushing buttons and hit the jackpot. :sad2: Luckily the cop at the door was my neighbor and totally understanding. We made the phone a little less accessible after that. My only redemption on this one is that I found out a friend's child called China at the same age. :upsidedow

A couple of months ago my youngest had a problem with his cell phone where it was spontaneously dialing 911. :headache: That was a BIG problem. It called them 6 times and yes I know it was the phone because I was standing next to him when a voice came out his pocket - "911 what is your emergency".:eek::faint: Had to call AT&T and have the phone fixed.

Last edited:

Appox 8 years ago, to report vandalism to my mailbox on Halloween........they got the entire street but I was the only one that reported it according the officer that came to take my report and I can honestly say I will never call again for this situation (happens every year or so on Halloween) because I felt like I was the criminal the way I was treated and with the questions being asked..........can ANYONE tell me what my DEAD grandmothers name had to do with my mailbox being destroyed! I wouldn't have been quite so mad if she had at least lived in this town but she lived in California, and had been dead 10 years or more at the time! It was very obvious that this man had NO intention of taking it seriously and was perturbed from having to take the report! I have great respect of officers of the law but this one lost my respect!

A couple of years ago. I was woken up in the middle of the night to a couple screaming at each other. He seemed to be really angry and threatened to hit her. Their car was in the middle of the street and they were standing beside it. I called and told them all of that and of course they needed my address to get to the right place. I went back up to bed and after about 10 minutes the couple (who really sounded drunk) got back into the car and took off. I started to nod off when the room was lit up with red lights and a very loud bang at the front door. I looked out my window and there were several police cars and a lot of police around. I asked them what they wanted and they yelled at me to open the door. My dear husband and my grown son didn't wake up at all. I let the police in and they looked at me and wanted to know if I was okay. They thought that the call had been because I was being attacked. I had to explain to them that my husband was sound asleep upstairs and that it had been a drunk couple on the road. They took my report and left. When I told my husband and son they didn't believe me. I have no idea how they slept through all the noise. Now I know that if someone was to break in it would be up to me to fight them off. LOL
tigercat

About 2 1/2 years ago, I was selling my parents house that was vacant after I moved. It was up for sale about a month. I went over on a Sunday afternoon to check on it and I noticed some dirty footprints on the kitchen floor. I assumed someone had looked at it, it was March and someone could have tracked dirt in. I got a paper towel and turned on the kitchen sink and there was no water. I went down to the basement and the first thing I saw was the water meter sitting on its side. All the copper pipes had been stolen, the screen door was broken off and the glass in the door was broken. Called the police to report, they basically could do nothing. They questioned a couple of neighbors to see if they heard anything. Cost me about $2500 to replace the pipes (with PCV) and the door. My homeowners insurance had a $5,000 deductible because it was vacant.

I've called 311 (non-emergency emergency services here) a couple of times when a neighbor's party -- two blocks away -- got so loud that we could hear it as plainly as if it were next door. I've had them called on me once, but that's not what this thread is about, now is it? Gotta stay on topic. :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter