Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls tonigth .......

Okay...looking forward to this one...Now I just have to talk to dh and mom, firm up dates and choose our resort....:thumbsup2

If you are staying at a value and want to upgrade to the DP make sure to ask if you have a free upgrade attached to your name before you pay. Worked for me a couple of years ago!

Wow Black and Danny, you two are amazing! :flower3: Congratulations to those who have been waiting and hoping for FD during this timeframe!! I have a couple of quick questions about the time frame following the upcoming late summer offer. We will be arriving Sept. 28th and leaving on Oct. 6th, so I'm assuming I should be hoping for a FALL discount .... is it likely that a discount (if any are released) won't be announced until July or Aug? And when are typical "October black-out days"?

**same Q here...there is so much to read on this thread!!**

**same Q here...there is so much to read on this thread!!**

Here's a bit of history to give you an idea...as you can see, it varies a bit but remember this year they are taking their sweet time. While I don't see free dining in the cards like they have here, I could see some room discounts. I really think free dining is being pulled back to September like it used to be.

10/2 - 12/21 - Free dining - Announced on 8/16
10/3 - 12/31 - Room only discount - Announced on 8/16

10/2 - 12/17 - Free dining - Announced on 8/3
10/30 - 12/23 - 15%-30% Room discounts - Announced 10/5

9/30 - 12/13 - Free dining - Announced on 7/12
9/30 - 12/22 - 5%-30% Room discounts - Announced 8/27

Hi I am new to the site - wlll uk residents be offered free dining for later on in 2013 now? We are looking to go Sept/Oct time. Thanks

Hi I am new to the site - wlll uk residents be offered free dining for later on in 2013 now? We are looking to go Sept/Oct time. Thanks

Let´s clarify because lots of UK friends are asking this: UK have specials offers only for that country (and some european countries), but any at UK can book the US offer at USA Disneyworld.com so You can choose to book the offer that are available at the UK page or at the US page, that it´s open to book by anybody in the world :thumbsup2

In the past when I booked dining I've booked the last day of the dining offer as my first day of my vacation and the dining extended to my whole trip. I've also booked the first day of the dining offer as my last day of vacation and was able to get the free dining for my whole trip. I was told as long as you book any part of your trip during the free dining promo that you get free dining for the whole trip. Did I explain that right? Will that work again for this year?

In the past when I booked dining I've booked the last day of the dining offer as my first day of my vacation and the dining extended to my whole trip. I've also booked the first day of the dining offer as my last day of vacation and was able to get the free dining for my whole trip. I was told as long as you book any part of your trip during the free dining promo that you get free dining for the whole trip. Did I explain that right? Will that work again for this year?

Correct, you must check in on a day the promo is available. Some folks get that confused. If you check in the day before it begins, then you aren't eligible for the promo.

Your check in day is the only day that needs to be covered. You cannot have Sept 2 be your last day of vacation and get free dining. It doesn't work that way, and to my knowledge, it never has.

The first half of your post is correct, if you check in on the date the FD ends you will get it for your entire stay still that follows. But the second scenario of using the first day of dining as your last day of vacation and have it applied prior to when it starts that isn't an option, and as other posters have said to my knowledge also it never has been. But you would absolutely be ok with using the last day of FD for your entire stay following.

DH, DM and I are taking my DD for her 4th birthday this year Sept 12-20. She is soooo excited (and so am I):cheer2:. She asks me everyday "Mommy are we going to Disneyworld today?" It is really hard to explain to a 3 yr old the concept of 4 months time, but I will be so happy when I finally get to answer her "Yes, we are!"

Any idea when we will know if the fd for Disney visa holders will definately be May 6th or not?

Also, thank you all so much for the posts on the fd offer :flower3:. I had been anxiously waiting to find out if they were going to offer it again this year for Sept, since it will save us ~$1400. YAY!!!

DH, DM and I are taking my DD for her 4th birthday this year Sept 12-20. She is soooo excited (and so am I):cheer2:. She asks me everyday "Mommy are we going to Disneyworld today?" It is really hard to explain to a 3 yr old the concept of 4 months time, but I will be so happy when I finally get to answer her "Yes, we are!"

Any idea when we will know if the fd for Disney visa holders will definately be May 6th or not?

Also, thank you all so much for the posts on the fd offer :flower3:. I had been anxiously waiting to find out if they were going to offer it again this year for Sept, since it will save us ~$1400. YAY!!!

Word is the DV FD booking will open May 6 and general public FD booking will open May 9.

Let´s clarify because lots of UK friends are asking this: UK have specials offers only for that country (and some european countries), but any at UK can book the US offer at USA Disneyworld.com so You can choose to book the offer that are available at the UK page or at the US page, that it´s open to book by anybody in the world :thumbsup2

Thanks Danny! As a Canadian I often wondered if we'd be excluded from US offers. It's great to hear it's open to the entire world! :cheer2:

I'm so very excited. Convinced DH that we can afford to go during free dining. Planning on Sept 14-21. DS's 3rd birthday is the 16th and DD's 14th birthday on the 24th. I'd love to stay for both birthdays, but I think the school would be a bit upset. Planning on trying to get a LM room at AOA. Yay, yay, yay!

I was looking at the dates of the free dining and the food and wine festival. Looks like food and wine starts on Sept 27, but last day for free dining is Sept 25. I seem to remember and please correct me if I'm wrong, if I book my trip to check in on Sept 25, I can still take advantage of the free dining and still get to enjoy the f&w festival.

Help! :worried:

I was looking at the dates of the free dining and the food and wine festival. Looks like food and wine starts on Sept 27, but last day for free dining is Sept 25. I seem to remember and please correct me if I'm wrong, if I book my trip to check in on Sept 25, I can still take advantage of the free dining and still get to enjoy the f&w festival.

Help! :worried:

You are absolutely correct! As long as you are checked in before the FD offer expires, you'll be fine. Hubby & I use our snack credits for dining around the world when we visit.

Whoo hoo I already have reservations for 9/12 to 9/17 I can't wait to add this offer to my package! I took a wild guess at when it would be offered this year and I'm so happy I guessed right lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter