Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls tonigth .......

Darn, looks like we are SOL for any type of discount in mid-late August....:sad2:

Yes, simply call Disney reservations and have them modify your existing reservation and they will credit you the difference. You do NOT have to cancel. Some resorts and room categories will sell out of free dining discounts before others, so it's always good to have a back up room category or resort. But usually if you call the first day, it shouldn't even be an issue.

Thank you so much!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

so I arrive on sept 22 and leave oct 1. - would I get free dining for the whole stay?

I only ask because before you stated you thought your dates would not probably get fd. There's no holiday at that time is there?

I don't remember ever saying that. :confused: i could have, I suppose. I post a lot. Maybe I just don't remember. :rotfl:My check in date is the typical day for the October FD deal to start back up after the normal mid October blackout ends. Hoping whatever is released will work for us, but we are going regardless. :goodvibes

The only year that is possible would have been August/September of 2005, because I've got specific notes from 2006 on that the campsites were definitely not included, and we've been every year since them a s they were not included. Also, most everyone on the camping board, people who have camped their for years, said it did not happen in 2005 either.

It happened because I booked it for my nephews... at least once, maybe twice, but really, that's neither here nor there as it has not been included in a long.long.time.

one other ?

if you get free qs dining can you pay the difference to upgrade

thanks everyone

Chris&jeremy: 2012 was the 1st yr of this event, and FD was included. It was 9/29/12. I am thinking that unless it was a big hit, it won't affect FD offer for our dates. Hopefully they will extend FD through 10/11 just before columbus day 10/14 w/an announcement this summer.**fingers crossed**

That would be great!

Does anyone know if free dining can be combined with castmember room rates?

Well, it definitely means that FD isn't dead, so that is definitely something to give us late October peeps some hope. :goodvibes Not sure if we will see free dining for our timeframe, but I think there will be something. We are going regardless, but every little bit helps. :goodvibes

I guess this is the one I was looking at. But why is late October blacked out?

Yes, Disney never turns down your money :-). We upgrade every year from QS to regular DDP.

Can someone tell me per adult what it would cost to upgrade? And if I put this on my Disney Visa does this qualify me for the 6 months no interest?

Disney math! Ugh!

I guess this is the one I was looking at. But why is late October blacked out?

Late October isn't blacked out. MID October is blacked out. Many schools have Fall breaks in mid-October, and it is usually dates in the first and second (and sometimes into the third) full weeks that have been blacked out. This year's room discount bounceback picked back up on Sunday October 20, and historically the GP FD offer picks back up the Friday before the bounceback date, so Friday October 18. Hoping it follows the same pattern it has the last few years. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter