Ladies and Gentleman this will be the new promotion for 2013,

I guess we are going to have to wait. Danny- you're fabulous... but you just confused me even more :rotfl2:
I'm finding it hard to understand how it can be called a discount when some rooms are higher than rack, and some tickets are higher than regular price. There has to be something missing....

I guess we are going to have to wait. Danny- you're fabulous... but you just confused me even more :rotfl2:
I'm finding it hard to understand how it can be called a discount when some rooms are higher than rack, and some tickets are higher than regular price. There has to be something missing....

I feel the same, but you can count that this is exactly what will be released it¨s already in the servers, and unless they modify it in these remaining days you will see that i´m rigth, i want to believe that this it´s not true too but sadly it´s real. :flower3:

Room rates can be more, depending on the amount of adults and resort category.

Everyone needs to give Danny a hearty thanks here. He is risking his/her job giving this info.

This makes no sense. All star movies is more then all start music and pop? Something is missing here.

I'm thoroughly confused now:rotfl2: I made my own spreadsheet yesterday with the rack rates posted on this website with break downs from 5-30% just to get an idea. I even worked in the 11% tax and got my current price from Disney to match exactly what I manually calculated.

But the rates on the documents provided are all higher than those rates. So then I just double checked the Disney website and the rack rates match what I have. So my assumption is that in January Disney is raising the rack rates. Guess I'm missing the whole discount. All of the rack rates on the spreadsheet are at least $100 more than what I am currently paying :confused3

Maybe Disney is raising rates in January and if we have already booked, we will have a discount...an early bird discount. But on the spreadsheet, my rates only go up during Easter Week. The rate I have outside of Easter rates, are lower than posted rack rate on the spreadsheet, hence are at a discount....a very small discount, but a discount nonetheless.

Yes, Movies is usually more. Disney just uses simple supply and demand. The values usually go...

(least expensive to most expensive)

All star music
All star sports
All star movies
POP
AOA

And so on....

I can't see them raising room rates in January. These rates have only been out a few months. I don't want to shoot the messenger, but something is wrong with that spreadsheet.

Okay, now I am confused! Are the spreadsheets showing the prices at full rack rate before any room discount is applied...or are these the discounted rates we are seeing??:scratchin. Help!

All star movies is more then pop. That makes no sense. All star sport $107, pop $118 all star movies $127. Something is wrong here.

For those that are having trouble viewing the spreadsheet, I wasn't able to view it online, but I was able to download and view it that way. HTH!

All star movies is more then pop. That makes no sense. All star sport $107, pop $118 all star movies $127. Something is wrong here.

hi please read the responses from Halloweenqueen about the different values prices, it´s only few posts above and welcome to Disboards :thumbsup2

So they are raising room rates and offering a ticket discount...effectively selling you the package at a pretty normal rate. Sounds like Kohl's...which I don't shop at.

I can't see the spreadsheet for some reason, but this is what it sounds like from the comments...

There has to be more to it. Given those prices, it would be a $100 rack rate increase. Nearly 30 percent. Disney is good at raising prices, but not that good.
I am currently booked, and at that rack rate it is $600 more simply on the resort. My guess is kids will eat free, if that new price will include dining.
However, the park ticket option isn't fitting either.
Two day park hoppers are actually more expensive with this "discount"
I think we should wait it out.... Either that or we will all go crazy!!
Let's all speculate, and we can declare the winner on January 3rd :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter