Ladies and Gentleman this will be the new promotion for 2013,

My wife & I like the smaller POFQ Resort. We take a 10 day trip every year and always check on discounts and they are always smaller than the other resorts. Our discount was right about where Danny had it on his chart. we saved about $160.00 and that was for the first three nights of our trip the 20,21 and 22nd of March. The remainder of the trip encroaches on Easter time. I think the lower discount is because of the least amount of rooms (almost half of some of the larger ones) of any resort, yet its popularity means they always sell the rooms at rack rate so they don't need to discount that many rooms. Im always happy to get what we get Ive saved almost $1,500 some years and this year its $160.00. IT'S ALL GOOD BECAUSE I'M GOING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!!:cool1:

I have a quick question.....in order to apply the new promo to an existing reservation is it required to cancel the current reservation and start a completely new reservation and $200? This is what an agent just told me. She also told me they require that I pay for my tickets upfront because I have to book room only. I just looked and she was quoting me $80 more than the online price. This agent was very rude. I simply told her that I thought the tickets were at a discounted price as well. She snapped at me saying Disney has never discounted tickets, only rooms and the dining plan. I told DH I've never experienced that level of unprofessionalism with any Disney employee.

I thought I had this discount figured out, now I'm more confused than ever!

I have a quick question.....in order to apply the new promo to an existing reservation is it required to cancel the current reservation and start a completely new reservation and $200? This is what an agent just told me. She also told me they require that I pay for my tickets upfront because I have to book room only. I just looked and she was quoting me $80 more than the online price. This agent was very rude. I simply told her that I thought the tickets were at a discounted price as well. She snapped at me saying Disney has never discounted tickets, only rooms and the dining plan. I told DH I've never experienced that level of unprofessionalism with any Disney employee.

Sounds like you got a crabby CM (who also knows NOTHING)

You don't pay for the tickets up front.

However, if you are going from a room-only ressie to a package (discounted room and discounted tickets) then yes, you will need to cancel and re-book. I don't understand why they do it that way, but they do.

My understanding is that a room-only can't be converted to a package or vice versa. So in that case, you would need to cancel and re-book. But if you're just applying the discount to a current reservation without changing the type of reservation (package or room-only), you shouldn't need to cancel and re-book. At least, I didn't when I did this earlier today.

I currently have a package with room and tickets and I want to keep it that way, just add the promo code.

Then nothing should change, payment wise or confirmation number wise. Call back and speak with another CM. (And I hate to say that based on the wait times today...)

Are the park ticket discounts now lower than on the chart posted on the first page? I did the room only for POR on-line today then added in the tickets, and the amount from the Disney website for the new promotion is different from the numbers first posted. Am I doing something wrong? 7 day park hopper from the chart, $285 for children, $300. for over ten. Not what the web-site is quoting today.

Just tried to call and it said "All Circuts are Busy". OMG!
I am staying at CBR March 22-28, 2013. Does anyone know if this is one of the resorts that are included without the blackout? Thanks so much!

Just tried to call and it said "All Circuts are Busy". OMG!
I am staying at CBR March 22-28, 2013. Does anyone know if this is one of the resorts that are included without the blackout? Thanks so much!

Check on line. It's in the special offers section.

It looks like from online and mouseoweners my dates are blocked out (well not March 22). Should I ask the CM to please give me the discount for March 22 (I need room only).
Also, online is showing a savings of $77.96. Do you think they will get upset to cancel and rebook my trip for that savings. I am saving the $77.96 from my AAA discount that Disney gave me. I would like to ask for it since we are fitting this trip in to see my ds play at WWoS with his HS baseball team since we have other trips booked and any extra money will help.

Please let me know. I'm on hold and expect to be so for a while.

Should I just book it quickly online to hold my new price and cancel my old ressie?

Thanks so much!

Check on line. It's in the special offers section.

I'm on hold. I can save $78 booking online now. Should I just do it and cancel my old ressie once I get through or tomorrow so I can make sure I get the new rate? I'm going March 22-28, 2013 at CBR and need to stay at that resort.

Thanks.

The reservation says "This Offer Does Not Include Ground Transportation"????
What the heck does that mean????? No Magical Express????

Are the park ticket discounts now lower than on the chart posted on the first page? I did the room only for POR on-line today then added in the tickets, and the amount from the Disney website for the new promotion is different from the numbers first posted. Am I doing something wrong? 7 day park hopper from the chart, $285 for children, $300. for over ten. Not what the web-site is quoting today.

I got a much larger discount on my rooms at POR than the sheet was showing, but passed on the tix because the discount was not near the amounts on the first page of the thread. The savings were less than 10%. $190 or so for 9 of us on 6 day base tix (8 adults and 1 child). I like the room only flexibility in case something happens to change our plans.

It was still a good deal!

Help. Can someone please look at my thread on the bottom of the page before this since I'm on hold and also ready to book online but not sure if I should and don't know what the Ground Transportation thing means. I want/need ME?!?

I found where I can choose Ground Transportation.
Thanks all. Should I book online?

I found where I can choose Ground Transportation.
Thanks all. Should I book online?

I would wait on hold about 20 minutes before giving up just to see if they can modify your current reservation without having to cancel the current.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter