KSF specials available from Galveston

DisneyDreamer36 said:
I have been looking at the special offers page. And today there was a Kids Sail Free on select Galveston cruises. Awesome. I am still hoping military rates are available for the Jan. 18th cruise from Galveston. Now I am confused on what to do. I was going to have my dad and mom come with us (dad is military.) I am unsure what to do now. But either way, I will get my vacation cheaper!

I would try to hold out for military rates unless you have several kids going. For 2 adults and 1 young child, verandahs are running in the 2200-3200+ range for the KSF offer, but current military discounts for some of the Magic cruises out of Galveston later this year bring the total (for the 2 adults and 1 child) to as low as 1300 for cat 4 and 5.

I just can't understand why anyone would want to sail out of Galveston during the school year. Really a shame they didn't choose to sail during the summer :( We most certainly would sail during the summer.

Too bad they aren't offering kids sail free on the 4 nights.

My exact problem. I can't believe that Disney is this close and I can't sail on her, but I can't miss that much school (I'm a teacher) nor will I pull my daughter out...Just wish they'd come before school started a week or two or stay until after school was out for a week or two! Oh well....

My exact problem. I can't believe that Disney is this close and I can't sail on her, but I can't miss that much school (I'm a teacher) nor will I pull my daughter out...Just wish they'd come before school started a week or two or stay until after school was out for a week or two! Oh well....

I am in the exact same boat (no pun intended). I'm a teacher in Texas and I can't miss that much school. If they were sailing here in the summer I'd probably do it every year!

I would try to hold out for military rates unless you have several kids going. For 2 adults and 1 young child, verandahs are running in the 2200-3200+ range for the KSF offer, but current military discounts for some of the Magic cruises out of Galveston later this year bring the total (for the 2 adults and 1 child) to as low as 1300 for cat 4 and 5.

Yes, I checked back on our old cruise documents, and we had KSF for our Alaska cruise last year, but we are sailing in a much better category (4A vs 9C) than our Alaska cruise on a military discount out of Galveston in November for less $$. So even though KSF is an awesome deal, it might not be the best deal for military folks.

I booked this Kids Sail Free deal today and am so excited! The kids are going to be REALLY surprised on Christmas morning!!:cool1:

I was thinking of moving our current reservations to a KSF sail date. After I compaired our current pricing to the KSF offer, we pay $40 more for a 6 night instead of a 5 night. I think we will just keep our current cruise!

I can't take advantage of this because my kids are in school. But if I had younger kids, I'd be all over this. We are doing a four night out of Galveston, in February. But the kids will only miss two days of school for that.

I'm disappointed in this because I was really hoping for and expecting a discounted offer for March 1 cruise similar to the verandah upgrade or *GT specials that they have from now through Dec. This cruise will be just 2 adults, so kids free doesn't help at all.

My first cruise ever will be Thanksgiving on the Magic and I know that one isn't discounted, but I was really hoping for a discount next Spring! :confused3 I think the kids free really only helps those with very young children because it seems that most people I talk to with teens book 2 rooms with the kids staying in the separate room.

Does anyone know if they ever offer a different discount once they've offered something like this kids free offer? Something available to general public without children?!

I called today to see if I could get credit for my two grandkids . Yep ! :cool1:

I booked this a few months ago and even back then the girl who booked it told me this could be in the works and I shared that on my cruise meet thread :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter