KSF specials available from Galveston

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by DisneyDreamer36, Oct 8, 2012.

1. collectoraholic

collectoraholic Is it time to sail yet?

I am able to pull up the 3 different 8-night cruises (1 in Jan, Feb & March) for booking for our family of 4.

:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. anc876

anc876 Mouseketeer

I would try to hold out for military rates unless you have several kids going. For 2 adults and 1 young child, verandahs are running in the 2200-3200+ range for the KSF offer, but current military discounts for some of the Magic cruises out of Galveston later this year bring the total (for the 2 adults and 1 child) to as low as 1300 for cat 4 and 5.

4. ksloane

ksloane DIS Veteran

My exact problem. I can't believe that Disney is this close and I can't sail on her, but I can't miss that much school (I'm a teacher) nor will I pull my daughter out...Just wish they'd come before school started a week or two or stay until after school was out for a week or two! Oh well....

5. Dallas_Lady

Dallas_Lady I only work for the vacation money

I am in the exact same boat (no pun intended). I'm a teacher in Texas and I can't miss that much school. If they were sailing here in the summer I'd probably do it every year!

6. ksloane

ksloane DIS Veteran

I would for sure!

7. Aunt Stepody

Aunt Stepody Mouseketeer

Does the 8 night cruise to Port Canaveral include a park ticket for that day?

8. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Park hoppers. Yes

9. llqool

llqool DIS Veteran

Yes, I checked back on our old cruise documents, and we had KSF for our Alaska cruise last year, but we are sailing in a much better category (4A vs 9C) than our Alaska cruise on a military discount out of Galveston in November for less $$. So even though KSF is an awesome deal, it might not be the best deal for military folks.

10. Lovin DCL

Lovin DCL Earning My Ears

I booked this Kids Sail Free deal today and am so excited! The kids are going to be REALLY surprised on Christmas morning!!:cool1:

11. tinkmt

tinkmt Mouseketeer

I was thinking of moving our current reservations to a KSF sail date. After I compaired our current pricing to the KSF offer, we pay $40 more for a 6 night instead of a 5 night. I think we will just keep our current cruise!

12. mstee777

mstee777 Mouseketeer

I can't take advantage of this because my kids are in school. But if I had younger kids, I'd be all over this. We are doing a four night out of Galveston, in February. But the kids will only miss two days of school for that.

13. mareed

mareed DIS Veteran

I'm disappointed in this because I was really hoping for and expecting a discounted offer for March 1 cruise similar to the verandah upgrade or *GT specials that they have from now through Dec. This cruise will be just 2 adults, so kids free doesn't help at all.

My first cruise ever will be Thanksgiving on the Magic and I know that one isn't discounted, but I was really hoping for a discount next Spring! :confused3 I think the kids free really only helps those with very young children because it seems that most people I talk to with teens book 2 rooms with the kids staying in the separate room.

Does anyone know if they ever offer a different discount once they've offered something like this kids free offer? Something available to general public without children?!

14. cupcakefairy2u

cupcakefairy2u Its just me the cupcake fairy

I called today to see if I could get credit for my two grandkids . Yep ! :cool1:

I booked this a few months ago and even back then the girl who booked it told me this could be in the works and I shared that on my cruise meet thread :thumbsup2