Kids in club level lounge?

You're giving your Opinion also by saying it is okay to let young children wonder a building full of strangers. Everyone has a right to think differently.

No I think it's ok for age-appropriate children (not a single child) to go to the CL Lounge for food and/or drink without an adult, as does WDW since they allow it too . Please show me where I said it was ok to wander (not wonder) in a resort full of strangers? I never did. And that's a fact, not an opinon.

My kids knew not to leave the building (we were in GF SL); the options were lounge or back to the room.

No I think it's ok for age-appropriate children (not a single child) to go to the CL Lounge for food and/or drink without an adult, as does WDW since they allow it too . Please show me where I said it was ok to wander (not wonder) in a resort full of strangers? I never did. And that's a fact, not an opinon.

My kids knew not to leave the building (we were in GF SL); the options were lounge or back to the room.

Thanks for correcting my typo:thumbsup2

And it's Know not Knew. There's still people in the building that are strangers.

I think the wonder/wander was a typo. We are all stating personal opinions, no need to be belligerent. It's all good:thumbsup2

I think the wonder/wander was a typo. We are all stating personal opinions, no need to be belligerent. It's all good:thumbsup2

Understood but there's a difference between wandering a resort vs. going straight to the Cl and then back to the room.

I used to do that last year when I was twelve. As long they have a key. If you are worried about "things" I really don't think that weirdos would have enough money to go to Disney. Give them cell phones?

Understood but there's a difference between wandering a resort vs. going straight to the Cl and then back to the room.

True. I dislike when people twist around what you say to fit their opinion. Make your point based on facts:thumbsup2

Thanks for correcting my typo:thumbsup2

And it's Know not Knew. There's still people in the building that are strangers.

It's "knew" because it was past tense. Now I would allow them to leave the bulding. I "know" that.:thumbsup2;)

And it's "There are" and not "there's" since people is plural. Would you say "there is people" or "there are people"? :thumbsup2;)

But the main point is "there's" (not "there are" since difference is singular) a big difference between kids wandering around a resort vs going to the CL and then back to the room. Or in our case also going from the Courtyard Pool at the GF to SL CL and then back to the pool. :)

It's "knew" because it was past tense. Now I would allow them to leave the bulding. I "know" that.:thumbsup2;)

And it's "There are" and not "there's" since people is plural. Would you say "there is people" or "there are people"? :thumbsup2;)

But the main point is "there's" (not "there are" since difference is singular) a big difference between kids wandering around a resort vs going to the CL and then back to the room. Or in our case also going from the Courtyard Pool at the GF to SL CL and then back to the pool. :)

Sorry for reading your sentence in the present tense. I'm a busy person doing many things at once and sometimes things aren't written out the way they should be. Didn't know this was a grammar class.:confused3

What you let your kids do is your business. Everyone has their own level of security for their kids even on vacation.

Here's some pixiedust:pixie magic for you. I think you need it.

abk96 said:
What you let your kids do is your business. Everyone has their own level of security for their kids even on vacation.

it.

Sounds great. Have a magical day!!

Back to the OP's question, it absolutely depends on the maturity of the children. If it were my son at age 12 and one of his sisters at age 10, I would let them go. But if it were my two girls going together, no way. All I know is my son and daughters are going to LOVE going to the lounge and feeling a little independence! We are surprising them with staying CL so I really hope they enjoy the perk! OP, do whatever YOU feel comfortable with!

We let our boys in the lounge alone in August when they were 10. We did however walk them around the lounge when we first arrived pointing out the tongs to use for all the food... One drink at a time... Only take what you know you will eat.... Most of the time one of us would pop in unannounced just to make sure.
With that said, my biggest complaint was towards some adults... Shirtless, barefoot, loud... Quite surprised the staff allowed this. The letter we received upon arrival clearly stated that kids under 10 needed an adult, shirts and shoes required... So you never know what you will come across.

Carla,

As one Mom to another I want to say thank you, it's that kind of care and concern for your children to do well and not be ridiclude by other is refreshing and I commend your parenting. We were at the Beach Club Club lounge some years back and a 10 year old was digging his hands more than once into the chips and jars of gummys and pretzel. An older gentlemen had repermanded this poor child who looked cunfused as to why this bother this gentlemen. He shouldn't have been using his hands for the oviously germ control reason, but his mother who came down after the fact seemed unphased and just rolled her eyes. Honestly kids needs to be taught tong usage and just simple you touch you take and common manners. Felt sorry for the little boy, I believe he had no idea this was a faux pas. It was uncomfortable for all to watch this...

Carla,

As one Mom to another I want to say thank you, it's that kind of care and concern for your children to do well and not be ridiclude by other is refreshing and I commend your parenting. We were at the Beach Club Club lounge some years back and a 10 year old was digging his hands more than once into the chips and jars of gummys and pretzel. An older gentlemen had repermanded this poor child who looked cunfused as to why this bother this gentlemen. He shouldn't have been using his hands for the oviously germ control reason, but his mother who came down after the fact seemed unphased and just rolled her eyes. Honestly kids needs to be taught tong usage and just simple you touch you take and common manners. Felt sorry for the little boy, I believe he had no idea this was a faux pas. It was uncomfortable for all to watch this...
Thank you! We try. By no means are our boys perfect, but we do our best. The tongs are not there for decorations! LOL!

I have to say I would let my 8,8,10 year old walk to the arcade alone ( as long as they was together) so have no problem allowing a 10 and 12 yr old to the club lounge!

When I was younger and at Disney I was always of exploring alone lol, I'm pretty sure I was around 8/9 when I used to go for a walk alone or even que for a ride as my adoptive parents was a lot older and not into roller coasters like myself, it's a real shame how much things have changed an how we feel the need to give our children very little freedom and independence!

I make sure to always show my children around and to any place they ask to visit and always take them the 1st time, they know how to behave and I'm very proud of them for the way they behave and how they want to do things on their own,
As parents we have to do what we feel is correct,
Its like the threads I read on how old was your child before he went to the bathroom alone etc do what makes you feel comfortable whilst allowing your child to grow :)

So, we are returning to AKL club level. I have 2 DD, ages 10 and 12. At AKL, the club level is on 6, but the standard rooms are on 4. Trying to decide if I am comfortable with the girls walking to the lounge together, without me or DH. And if so, is it acceptable, allowed for kids that age to be there unaccompanied?

For me it would come down to this: Are you certain that they will behave without your presence in the manner you would require if you were there? If they are likely to forget their manners or food safety practices, they need supervision. If they are reliable and can be counted on to be on "company manners" without you, I'd let them go. Some kids that age are ready for it, some aren't. I'd do a spot check the first time or two if you let them go alone, just to be sure.

For us, there are just you many crazy people in the world today. I know that inside a CL hotel at Disney is probably one of the safest places you could be, but you just never know.
Also, kids will be kids and I wouldn't want them venturing outside or away from where they were supposed to be.
JMO

Just curious on what fact/info are you basing this thought. And does it vary per resort?

My DS (now 12) and I have stayed CL at YC, BWI, and Poly. During our 1st visit to YC CL 18 mos. ago, there was a sign posted at the lounge entrance. He was 11 at the time, and when he entered the lounge alone the 1st time they asked him his age.

For us, there are just you many crazy people in the world today. I know that inside a CL hotel at Disney is probably one of the safest places you could be, but you just never know.
Also, kids will be kids and I wouldn't want them venturing outside or away from where they were supposed to be.
JMO

I hear ya, but at some point you have to cut the cord.

Carla,

I agree with this. I am always trying to teach my children "if you touch a cookie, take it; don't put it back and grab another". Kids don't know the difference; but it bothers me when parents do not correct their children.

When we were 14 and 11 my parents let us go to the YC CL all the time on our own. Disney CL's are probably among the safest places in the world for your children to be on their own. There is constant adult supervision (not that they are specifically watching your kids, but if anything went awry they would be there) and most of the people that use the lounge are families themselves.

The bigger issue is whether you could trust your kids to behave w/o you there. If that isn't a big concern, then your kids are probably mature enough to handle the minimal potential dangers that could befall them in a CL...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter