• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report). Three-Peat and Done 7/11

..thank you nabby girl..for allowing me to catch up!

i really enjoyed reading your report "g.kitty"..just to cute..& the
essence of wdw was in all your pics...esp. when the princess:
interacted with the disney's girls...her smile had to make you guys
feel special & proud...

those nicknames..are just the cutest.

i think tr like yours, are important in showing newcomers the disney
magic.. :thumbsup2 thanks for sharing...it reminded me of our earlier
trips.

G man! Wow, thanks for visiting. Glad you're enjoying it. And, now that you're caught up, new chapter for you. . . .

Blue River ~ don't think I haven't thought that. But, I don't think it would be cost effective. I'd have to charge @ $100 an outfit to actually make any money, I think. Unless they let me bring a sewing machine to work. Nah. Never happen.

NM ~ you know it! Wait til you see the Belle dress!

Kimmie ~ strangely, I'm writing so much carp that the pictures aren't keeping up. How sick is that?

Grammy ~ I didn't let her wear a gown the day we went to AK. Or the morning of her birthday. Actually, she only wore a gown for one whole day. And the Halloween party. Otherwise she was generally in shorts and T. Actually. But she wears the gowns all the time at home. And she regularly informs me that I am a princess, too.

M&R ~ we need to talk. soon. over lunch.

EVERYONE THAT I HAVE MISTAKENLY NOT ACKNOWLEDGED . . . thanks so much for pumping my ego. Yeah. I need a bigger head. Just ask Mel.

All of you reading this tripe will be familiar with what I am about to say: Prior to this trip, I had carefully, reasonably, and logically decided where we should go on any given day. Some of those decisions were somewhat dictated by external events, like what ADRs I had secured (although I did try to work the ADRs around my days, rather than the other way around), but MOSTLY I had to accommodate a meeting with my (heretofore mostly imaginary) friends, and NoFear's Birthday extravaganza. BUT, the whole time I planned the trip, I felt like we were not going to get to spend enough time in either Epcot or the Magic Kingdom. I love both of those parks, for different reasons. I would still put MK in first (who doesn't?), but Epcot is a REALLY close second. Really. Hair of the teeth close.

So, I was torn in deciding where we should end up after breakfast. Do we stick around Epcot or try to make it over to MK? Originally, we were going to spend just a little bit in future world, then get the girl over for a castle view. But, in the end, we couldn't bring ourselves to leave Epcot.

As I have said before, we ended up with a late start. Which was even later because I kept waiting for the BIG bathroom stall to change the Princess. Lesson learned. Next time I'm stripping her in the middle of the ladies room, and then using the small bathroom for it's intended purposes.

Am I the only one that can just feel the sands of time slipping away from me when I'm at Disney? Every moment I am just sitting around and WAITING makes me a nervous wreck. I think that is the definition of a Commando.

I really wanted to avoid Commando on this trip, too. But it is just SO HARD when there are so many things I want to do and not nearly enough time to do them in. I think this is the reason that I want Annual passes so badly next fall. So that I, too, can Whirlwind trip, and maybe feel like it is NOT going to be FOREVER before I can come back. And wonder if they will even have the same show/ride/exhibit when I return.

So, we finally left Norway and headed back to Future World. I knew enough to try and catch one of the first shows of TurtleTalk.

Now, since we were kidless last year, we had never toured WDW with a stroller. Or experienced stroller parking. But I had read. I knew. I was prepared (I thought).

In the world we live in, though, I confess, it is difficult to accept the concept that in a place as seemingly impersonal as Disney World, that you can trust your fellow man enough to just leave a personal possession (like a stroller) sitting outside and still expect it to be there an hour later when you come back.

In fact, B was NOT really willing to accept that concept. BUT, he was not given the choice. We were there. We had our own stroller. I tied a blue ribbon to it to differentiate it from the other black double strollers (also an excellent tip). I tried to get B to go agree that one of us should run into the Land for Soarin' Fastpasses. He wanted to stick together. He DID try to walk past the attendant out in front of the Living Seas, though, and she made him turn back. Because of the stroller.

And then it began. The explanation and angst about stroller parking. It went something like this:

Me: Just park the stroller over there.
B: Huh?
Me: We aren't allowed to take the stroller inside. We've got to leave it out here.
B: But, won't someone take it?
Me: No. Do you see the other 200 strollers out here?
B: But, are you sure someone won't take it?
Me: No. But there's nothing we can do about it if they do. And we have to leave it.
B: Are you sure?
Me. Yes. Park the frickin' stroller! (NOF)

I should mention that throughout this conversation I was also trying to get him to move out of the middle of the walkway.

Which some of you will find funny. Others will probably throw eggs in his general direction. What can I say? I tried. He also had the AWFUL tendency to stop in the middle of the path. Drove me nuts. And, since I'm confessing anyway . . .my mother (once she arrived) had a difficult time finding smoking areas. There. I feel so much better for having got that off my chest.

Anyway. I finally convinced Boost to abandon the stroller to the fates and go inside. I have to say, I think that conversation cost us getting into the 10:20 Turtle Talk. But. No biggie. We were FIRST in line for the 10:40. Or, at least I was, with the kids. Once we got the stroller parked, B decided that he should go back to the Land for Soarin' fastpasses. Which I agreed was an EXCELLENT idea. Wish I'd thought of it myself.

And B made it back before the start of the show, and got to duck right up front with us. (I don't think that counts as line jumping, do you? We DID wait the whole time, he is only one person, and everyone should have a designated fastpass fetcher. Right?)

B and I had skipped this the year before, since we were without kids on that trip. And since the Living Seas was completely CLOSED last year while we were there. I've gotta say, tho', I think I would have enjoyed this just as much without the kids. It is really well done. Very amusing. Cute. Classic Disney Magic.

In short - DUDE, get your fins out and swim on over there. Check it out. It's totally awesome.

I especially liked how NoFear kept yelling out her name, every time Crush called on someone else. Not yelling really loud, just loud enough that her mama, who knows the exact tone of her voice, could tell who it was and what she was yelling. She's only four, she's just learning that not EVERYONE is COMPLETELY focused on HER at EVERY given moment. She thought the show was great. And especially liked how Crush was talking to HER.

We took the obligatory Bruce the Shark ZZUBing humans pictures:
82351Bruce_Shark_1224_x_816_-med.jpg

Our morning marched on: a glance at the tanks, bathrooms, and then on to Soarin'.

Where we had our first "child swap" experience. And NoFear had to get measured.

Now, I don't know if I mentioned this before (I really can't remember), but NoFear was just BARELY making the 40" mark. That crucial 40 inches. I had been measuring her all summer. Seeing her height creep up and up and up. But it was going to be close. About 1 month before the trip I started making her practice getting measured. Standing up straight and tall. And just a teensy bit on her toes. And measuring her in each of the pairs of shoes we were taking with us. She was 39 3/4 inches barefoot. I believed we were fairly safe for all the rides.

However, I really didn't want to think about how big of a meltdown we would have if she stood in line for a ride and then DIDN'T get to ride. Tragedy. Of Epic proportions.

This was to be the first test. And, we thought, a GREAT first ride experience at Dizzy World. B and I both LOVE Soarin', and we knew that the girl would too. We showed our fastpasses. NoFear stood up straight for the measure, and the attendant at the entrance handed me a rider switch pass. I headed off to the exit while Boost and NoFear went off for flight school.

Okay, now the following happened all week (except at Expedition Everest, but more on that in 5 months when I get to that part of the story), so I don't know if we were cheating the system unintentionally. BUT. Whenever we had fastpasses for a ride, but then did rider switch, they only took fastpasses from the FIRST group to go through. So, when we were four adults, one child, and one infant, and left TWO adults behind for the first ride, then we only had to hand over three fastpasses. Leaving us with two fastpasses. And a rider switch pass, which gets up to four people on the ride. Are you following the math here? Essentially, not that we did, but we could have wrangled TWO rides for EACH of our party members out of ONE set of fastpasses, because of the presence of the Shrimpster. If you need a more detailed explanation of how that could work, send me a PM and I will prove to you how Maelstrom Math works.

Now, I point out also that doing rider switch can eat up a LOT of time. Just sitting and waiting. And we all know how I feel about that. BUT, if someone LOVES a certain ride, the system has an apparent flaw which can be exploited.

If you're into that kind of thing.

Which we weren't.

Also, it does give one an opportunity to get a good shot of little ones. Just sitting. And Waiting. See?
82351Waiting_Soarin_1224_x_816_-med.jpg

In the end NoFear settled for getting THREE rides on Soarin'. And then we decided to leave. Or at least I decided to leave. B decided the kids needed to see the Timon, Pumba, and Simba movie about the evils of man. ‘Nuff said. Then we left.

To eat lunch.

In FRANCE.

Next Chapter: Magical Croissants? (Page 15, Post 221)

Amy another great installment.

DD loved Soaring. And for her you have to take your shoes off. When we went in Jan. She has shoes she thought would fall off so off they came So in Aug. with Grandma she made her take them off too.. :rotfl2:

Don't worry about your time line, we will still be here in 5 months.....or how ever long it takes. :)

--

GAKITTY said:
I think this is the reason that I want Annual passes so badly next fall. So that I, too, can Whirlwind trip, and maybe feel like it is going to be FOREVER before I can come back. And wonder if they will even have the same show/ride/exhibit when I return.

DO IT!!! That has really been a great feeling in planning our Thanksgiving trip. We know it will be crowded. We know we won't be there very long. But we got a great rate on the room and we can come back any time we want!! Woo Hoo!!

GAKITTY said:
so I don't know if we were cheating the system unintentionally.

I don't think you are. And I don't want to bicker about it. But whether it's "legal" or not - we used it the whole week of Spring Break and it allowed us lots of rides on the big stuff. During a crowded time of year.

I love your report, Amy! You are just the kind of Disney nerd I can relate to. Looking forward to the rest!!

NM :sunny:

WELL DONE!!!!
Your little man is the cutest lil guy EVER! Look at those EYES!

It must be a girl thing about the "all attention is on ME" attitude all the time especially in attractions like CRUSH.

I'm always scared of my stroller being stolen too. I HATE when it's been moved! Grrrr!

I can not wait to hear about your lunch in France!

Ok, I read yours, you need to go (RUN) and read mine! (I'll show you mine if you show me yours'!!!!) I updated today too...shameless plug! :sad2:

Another excellent chapter Amy!

Originally Posted by GAKITTY
I think this is the reason that I want Annual passes so badly next fall.

You gotta have them. You live in GA. It's a state requirement! ;)

Looking forward to more!

:cheer2:

Great trippie, Amy!

From what I understand, strollers only get moved if they are parked in non-stroller parking areas. And the poor CM's that get stuck with moving them are to be pitied!!!

Great installment, Amy! Your little Squirt is TOO cute! You will have the Yetzas calling in about 10 years, woman!

Wow..I can't believe I just read all 14 pages. Excellent Trip report. Looking forward to more !!!

Sharon :)

Amy, great chapter! I don't think you're cheating the system. We did the same thing -- you give the fastpasses they ask for, and you take what they give you. Very simple, very honest.

NAB ~ too funny. I worried everytime NoFear went up that she'd lose those stupid Crocs. And she had the backstrap on. She obviously never did.

NM ~ shoot! Your quote pointed out to me that I left a very important "NOT" out of my sentence. I want APs so that I feel like it is NOT going to be forever before I come back. I am saving my pennies, TFI. Am I allowed to covert the change in my kids piggy banks?

UtMA ~ I have started yours, but have never caught up. Someday I will. Or else I will just say at the end how much I loved it. You are very talented!

YAK ~ you just need to convince my husband of that. Then he would want me to pull out the Codebook and show him where it's written. Am I allowed to forge the Georgia Code? I really wish Disney would have a program for neighboring states like they have for Florida Residents. I'd be all about that seasonal pass!

Marita ~ yes, the story of the moved stroller is coming up. Someday.

Tink ~ I know. I know. I dread the day.

Msblowfish ~ WELCOME!!!! Thanks so much for reading. Hope you are enjoying it. I will try to update more quickly from now on. Promise.

Kimmie ~ I was surprised. I really expected them to require me to hand over one of my fastpasses in order to get the baby switch. To be fair, that is what they should do if everyone else is entering the fastpass line. And we really didn't abuse it, because it took so long just doing the switch. I couldn't stand to hang around for two rounds most of the time. (But we did use it once to go back later, I think.)

I shall try to take a few minutes and work on the next chapter today. After I get some work done. :thumbsup2

GeorgiaAristocat said:
After I get some work done. :thumbsup2

Don't you know you aren't supposed to work on the weekends? ;)

Just turning the page..... :wave2:

--

Amy - the stroller parking exchange was full on funny. So glad we don't have to do that anymore. And no one has yet to steal one of my high dollar walmart strollers :rotfl2:

Hope to catch up soon. Wanted to let you know I've been here! :thumbsup2

One day, while a blonde was out driving her car, she ran into a truck.

The truck's driver made her pull over into a parking lot and get out of the car.

He took a piece of chalk and drew a circle on the pavement. He told her to stand in the middle and not leave the circle.

Furious, he went over to her car and slashed the tires.

The blonde started laughing.

This made the man angrier so he smashed her windshield.

This time the blonde laughed even harder.

Livid, the man broke all her windows and keyed her car.

The blonde is now laughing hysterically, so the truck driver asks her what's so funny.

The blonde giggles and replies, "When you weren't looking, I stepped out of the circle three times!"

I'm all caught up again!

Great job! And I must say, your two kids are simply gorgeous! (You and hubby aren't too bad either! :thumbsup2 )

I hate that we didn't get a chance to meet up with you all but I'm glad to be getting the chance to get to know you here! :cloud9:

Go Dawgs!Yeah. I've turned into an UGA fan recently. Big surprise.

I got to finally catch up on this a little yesterday during lunch and a little more tonight. I have really enjoyed your TR, GA. Except, I have to take issue with one thing.

While I eschew the use of my screenname as a euphemism for vomit (isn't YAK more apropos?), I feel compelled to correct your misuse of it.

You described the shark as ZZUBing when clearly he isn't. If people are in his mouth, he is merely chewing. Not ZZUBing. As ZZUBing has been used to mean vomit by a small group of twisted individuals.

That notwithstanding, this was a good read. I'm with you on the anxious feeling to keep it moving. No matter how much time you have, it's never enough.

:moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter