Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report). Three-Peat and Done 7/11

Amy, I love it! The pictures are so precious. BORG on the dinner buffet character relaxation thing. Ugh. It's better now that 2 out of 3 of mine can cut their own food for the most part.

And I LOVE that you and B got some time with just the bday girl over at MK. That is specially magical!

Hey Georgia.

I got back late last night....Thanks for having something for me to read.

Your DD looked beautiful in her Cindi Costume and yes that was a pretty Cinderella.

I hear ya about the stress of the character meals.

The meal at LTT in the beginning of the week was awesome...DH hugged Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Chip and Dale.

We saw them later in the trip at Garden Grill, was hiding and was getting upset almost the whole time.

Kids can be so unpredictable....

That was nice you got some special alone time with your DD for her bday.

Sounds like a great Bday and great day in all!!!:goodvibes

Trentmom~
Welcome back! I hope you had a fabulous trip? I looked for your trip report and couldn't find it. Slacker. You've been home at least twelve hours by now haven't you???? ;)

Trentmom~
Welcome back! I hope you had a fabulous trip? I looked for your trip report and couldn't find it. Slacker. You've been home at least twelve hours by now haven't you???? ;)

You too funnny....:rotfl2:

I don't want to start my report until my pics are uploaded onto a photo site....

I am hoping to do that this weekend,

My mom and her husband are coming to visit for a week and will be playing iwth my son a lot, as they only see him 2 or 3 times a year, so then I will have some free time to start it....

Georgia, Hi Ya.....You got anything else ready to share??

If you look in my siggies, I started my trip report, but in the middle of a thread I belong to....:goodvibes

Trentmom! I will try super-duper hard to get some written next week. And I shall have to dig through and read yours (drat! can't make it easy on me, can you???)

I had not realized how long it had been . . . sorry!

Trentmom! I will try super-duper hard to get some written next week. And I shall have to dig through and read yours (drat! can't make it easy on me, can you???)

I had not realized how long it had been . . . sorry!

Yeah....Can't wait..

Sorry, I didn'tmake my report a separate thread, but it is pretty boring.

I stopped after day 3.....as the next day, DS had a major meltdown...then days 5 and 6 DS was sick.(apparently, he was not feeling well the day before and explains his VERY bad behavior).....so, we did NOTHING...

Then, day 7, it was okay and day 8 we left..

So, I want a do over...

we are taking a mini trip in Dec and staying with my bil and going to visit Disney for two days..not so much for rides, but to see all the decorations....:santa:

So, the morning after the night before, we were headed to the Animal Kingdom. I love the Animal Kingdom. I can spend the whole day there and still not get everything done that I want to get done. There is so much of it that I still haven't seen.

Despite the late night before, I wanted to be there as close to park opening as possible. Unfortunately, NeatKid was again not feeling well. And decided to skip it. Grammy more easily made the decision to join us on this day. We all like animals. My dad (to whom Grammy was married for 35 years) is a veterinarian. Animals are our thing.

NeatKid stayed behind to lounge, the rest of us set off to find some lions. and tigers. and bears. My Plan was foiled when we arrived (just AFTER opening) and the crew announced that they wanted to EAT. So, instead of sending them to DinoLand (as originally planned) I sent them to Tusker House for some eats while I went and grabbed Fastpasses for Everest. I wanted a date with a Yeti. Which is not much different than having a date with my husband most of the time.

I found them wandering in Africa. And directed them to Tusker House. Where we all got eats. I also used up the last of the super-special instant FP getters after breakfast to get on the Safari without a wait. I loved those things.

All in all, a good day was had at the Animal Kingdom, the Princess got her face painted again:
DCP_3005.jpg

and held Court on one of the jungle walks:
DCP_3009.jpg

DCP_3010.jpg

B found DeVine and was totally fascinated. (Perhaps I should dress in vines, that might spice up the dates, eh?)
DCP_3012.jpg

DCP_3013.jpg

We watched the Bird Show (which I love!). Ate some barbeque. (I find it strange that they serve such great MEAT at the Animal Kingdom. You'd think they would have great vegetarian choices.) Caught the Lion King show (Again. LOVE it.) Saw some characters.

And in between all of that, was the day that we counted in Magic Moments Certificates. Because NoFear was definitely being NoFear that day.

She ended up with THREE. From that single day. I was a little embarrassed.

She was VERY interested in the kids stations on one of the Science Trails. And got a magic moment certificate. For correctly guessing something about fish. Then we went into a store to find the Pooh and Tigger shirt for the Shrimp. While there, NoFear was sporting her Birthday button and received a second MM certificate, even though I explained that it wasn't ACTUALLY her birthday. The CM didn't care, and gave her a certificate AND a conservation button. We continued through our day. Towards the end we were in another shop again trying to find the Shrimp a shirt and NoFear was serenading whoever would listen. (Okay, actually she was just in a world of her own singing Princess songs.) One of the CM s there (who, it turns out, has a beautiful voice) heard her and started singing with her. They entertained the patrons. And she got another Magical Moments certificate. All of them say something delightful like "For the Birthday Princess" Or "For Having a Magical Voice" and the like.

She felt very very very special that day.

I thought Disney was pretty special. There is a reason we all go back, all the time.

We did not wait for the parade, it is on my list for this year. Everyone else was wanted to go, rest, and get cleaned up before our dinner that night at Kona.

I love Kona. So yummy.

I got a couple of good shots at the Poly:
DCP_3030.jpg

DCP_3032.jpg

And we had a GREAT dinner. As usual. And can I just say that the wings that you can get as an appetizer are the BEST that I have ever had????

Okay. Then we went back to the room for the night. Grammy and NeatKid had some stuffing to do.

Let's see. After the FABO dinner at Kona, we went back to the Villa and hit the hay. The next day was, well, going to be both bad and good. And we knew that.

Grammy and NeatKid were leaving. Heading to the Heartland for Harvest. (I come from a family of farmers. Seriously. The family used to own farmland on Manhatten Island. Way back when. They sold out in the early 1800s for the more fertile farmland of the midwest. We won't even talk about what COULD have been in terms of my financial security. I really would like to make money the old fashioned way by inheriting, but I don't see that in my future.)

I decided that it made the most sense for me to take them to the airport instead of paying a shuttle. Because this was also our "relax" day before Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party that night. Unfortunately, they needed to be at the airport EARLY. And by early I mean E-A-R-L-Y. ‘0 DARK HUNDRED. I think we left the Villa at something like 5:30 a.m. After I had stayed out late the night before. Ooops.

Anyway. I had never been to the airport. But it was super-duper easy to get to. I have heard that there is some way to get there to avoid the tolls. I gotta say, for the two or three dollars it cost me, I really don't care. It was EASY. That was more important at way-too-early a.m.

I dropped them off. After we ALL realized that my Mom had left her paperwork sitting on the kitchen table back at the Villa. Good thing you don't really need any of it anymore. She did have to figure out when her departing flight from Indiana was going to be the next week, though. But I knew I would speak with her before then, so no worries.

I drove back to the Villa, arriving around 7 (I think). We relaxed a bit that morning, then headed for DTD. Because I wanted some pics taken of the Princess in her Princess dresses. And one of my DIS friends (Hi Nab!) had alerted me to the fact that the official photographers for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique will take pictures of others if they are not too busy. SCORE.

So, we loaded up the kids, and all the Princess dresses, and FINALLY figured out where the photography studio is. I really should have fixed NoFear's hair better. Hindsight. Fabulous pics, though! (And this is just a sampling!) We made sure to have shots taken in ALL of her dresses. Because I am like that.

DisneyPhotoImage32.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage33.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage34.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage35.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage40.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage42.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage49.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage58.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage62.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage70.jpg

We wandered through DTD. And I took more pics (which I won't torture you with). (You know, the obligatory lego figures, and pictures with the Princess figures, and Buzz, and Potato Head.) And then we had lunch at Wolfgang Puck (the sit-down restaurant, not the take-out window). Let me just say. . . . YUMMO. On everything. It was sooooo verrrrry goooood.

Okay. Wiping the drool off my face and moving on.

We had MNSSHP that night. I was STOKED. We rested a bit before the party (I think), but wanted to get there early-ish, since I knew we could get in starting at four.

And I had made costumes for everyone. NoFear had her choice of Princess dresses (obviously) and I had made the rest of us Three Musketeer smocks, and hats, and B and I had swords. We were DASHING:

DisneyPhotoImage21.jpg

Let me just say, the Halloween party was oodles and loads of fun. We caught the tail end of the Stage show, headed to Tomorrowland, saw Buzz, rode his ride, tried to get on the Astro-Orbiter (STILL too long), I know we rode the Indy cars at some point (then, later???). But we trick-or-treated like mad and met lots of cool characters (Walrus, etc.) It was also great to see the characters in Costume. The kids got their faces painted (for FREE! And the Shrimp even consented) and we caught the fireworks in front of the Crystal Palace (great view!):

DCP_3084.jpg

And then we caught the second parade (and there were many other meet-n-greets and trick or treating and some ride riding, too.) One of note was a GREAT CM who was with Woody in the Saloon. There was NO ONE inside talking to Woody. Everyone was finding a spot outside for the parade. B was saving our spot, along with the Stroller) and Woody spent a lot of time with NoFear and Shrimp. The Shrimp still wouldn't go anywhere close to him, but the CM tried soooo hard. And we took a picture with him. Just because.

DCP_3101.jpg

WOW. What a GREAT parade! And everyone is correct that the gravediggers are completely, totally, awesomely cool.

At this point B really wanted to go. But I REALLY wanted to see Snow White and all seven dwarves, which I know is very rare. Especially since NoFear had dressed like SW that night. So I convinced him to do this ONE LAST THING before we left.

He thanked me later.

We walked to Fantasyland and found where people were lining up to meet. SW and the dwarves were set to come out in about four minutes and we were only about 8th in line. Then one of the CM's started talking about them coming out, picking kids to ride, etc. I didn't pay very close attention, I'll admit. I should have.

Because we got sprinkled with MAJOR pixie dust. My little Snow White was picked by Grumpy. He walked right up to her, exclaimed (as much as you can without speaking) about her dress, and took her by the hand. And walked off. And then I didn't know what I was supposed to do, until I heard the CM saying (to all the clueless parents) "YES. FOLLOW YOUR CHILDREN." So we did. Except that I did not adequately explain to B that only ONE of us should follow. The other should save our place in LINE. We both ended up over at the ride watching our girl get on. And wouldn't you know that our camera died during the parade? Yup, we only had video. I have attempted to salvage some still shots from that.

NoFear still talks about riding Snow White with Grumpy.

And, good news about the line, when we both ended up back there. (Me, panicked b/c I was SURE we had lost our place and would have to stand in the now 100 people deep line). I found the two people that we were between, explained what happened to the person who had been behind me, they agreed that we should have our place back. It helped when I told them that we didn't even have a camera, only video.

In hindsight, I really should have given that super-special pin that NoFear got for her birthday to that person. They really DID make our night by letting us back in line. THANK YOU. I promise to pay it forward!

So, this is what we got from the Video (REALLY sorry about the quality):

Grumpy coming out:
AudreyDwarves18.jpg

If you look past Happy, you'll see my daughter walking away with a strange man:
AudreyDwarves19.jpg

And, finally, TWO Snow White's with the Dwarves.
AudreyDwarves16.jpg

And then we really did leave the Magic Kingdom. Which, at that point, felt VERY magical indeed.

Well. We slept in a bit the next morning. Which, to us, is sleeping anywhere past 6:15. I think we made it to about 6:45. Maybe.

We were switching hotels this day. Because I didn't want to pay the point rate for another Friday. Yes, I'm that cheap. Plus, I didn't think it would be any big deal to pack stuff up one day early and just have an overnight bag for our last day. I was wrong.

We had to be out of the Villa by 11. After much to-do (and a couple of near-domestic situations) we were finally out of there at about 11:10. Whew. And headed to the Swan/Dolphin. For one night. I wanted to try it out, it was close to Epcot, and I got a great rate.

In short: as nice as it was, it is NOT Disney. Maybe it was all the hassle and the fact that we were all hungry and tired at that point, but I found it confusing trying to make my way out and get to Epcot. And there was no refrigerator. But the beds were heavenly.

We had some dining credits to use. We were going back to the snack shop at the Beach Club b/c B didn't think he could wait an extra 10 minutes it would take to find a place in Epcot to eat. No matter. Those cold sandwiches are pretty tasty.

(One note: we stupidly left all of our candy in the van from the night before. It wasn't cold that day. ALL that candy melted. ooops again.)

So, the camera had died the night before (batteries), but I had extra batteries in the room. Unfortunately, when I replaced the batteries, we discovered that something else had happened to the camera and the autofocus was no longer working. And there is no way to manually focus, since it is a point and shoot. Consequently, no pictures from our last day, which actually sort of made touring less stressful. Except we then could NOT get a picture with Belle, whom we had been trying to find all week. Drats. And she was out WITH the Beast, too.

We wandered around and saw the acrobats and some other stuff in the World Showcase. I think we probably rode Soarin' again at some point. I know I grabbed some FP for Test Track (again), and never got to use them. It was one of those last days when you are wandering around and KNOW it is your last day and that there is NOTHING you can do about it.

That's mostly what I remember.

I was sad. It had been a very good week. I wanted it to keep going, but, inevitably, all things come to an end.

We did not stay for Illuminations. Everyone was dog-tired. We used our last dining credits for more sandwiches for the drive home the next day (again at the BC). We went back to the Heavenly beds (which really were Heavenly) and went to bed. We could again sleep in the next morning. And we did. Until about 6:30.

I know we hit DTD again on our way out of town, b/c I wanted to get Mr. Potato Head parts. We literally went into that one store, got our parts, and left. The only side note is that I FINALLY gave away "the pin." The girl behind the counter threw in an extra Donald beak that I couldn't fit into my potato head box. She got the pin. I probably should have saved it for this year's trip. I really regret not giving it to the lady from the Snow White line the night before.

I learned much from this trip. It was my first to Disney with the kids. I learned not to expect too much from them. I learned that slowing down, like that last day, really does make things nice. I love riding everything, but sometimes wandering is worth a lot. I learned the Disney is Magic. All of it. I learned about myself, my husband, and my children.

I am glad that my mom and niece were there. They were a HUGE help. But I also look forward to traveling later this year with just the immediate family.

We are going back. Doesn't everyone go back? We're going in December. The ADRs are made, as are the room reservations. We're stepping up the ticket situation to Annual Passes. We are a wonder of Disney marketing. And next year's trip is a lock.

Well. This is the end. And I don't know what else to say. I am great at beginnings, but terrible at endings. I suppose that means I have no follow-through. Suffice it to say, it was a joy and a privilege to share this with you. Thank you for reading.

GaKitty signing off. For now.

Wow what a wonderful trip report! Thank you for sharing. I love that your daughter got to ride Snow WHite with Grumpy. That is so cool!

I love all the dresses but the Snow White was my favorite. Those photos are gorgeous.
Hope you have a great trip next time and if you write another report I will read along.

When I signed on tonight and saw that you had updated and finished your report, I was so excited!!!

Your DD is so adorable. I think I Loved the pic with her dressed as Belle the best!! But they were all cute of course..:goodvibes

That is so wonderful that she got 3 magical Certificate at AK........:wizard:

Looks like MNSCHP looks like a blast. That is so awesome that your DD got to ride with Grumpy. How cool is that!!!!

All in all, sounds liked you had fabtastic time.....

Can't wait to hear about your Decemeber Trip...Have Fun!! :santa:

Thanks guys. I really feel like I should have put more thought and effort into these last chapters, but I really did lose my notes. AGAIN. And, it has been hanging around for so long, I really wanted to have it finished.

Let me assure you, having your child picked like that is really an amazing feeling. She was SO very excited. And, like I said, she still talks about it, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I was hesitant about MNSSHP, but am very glad we went. We had a blast, and it was just a really great atmosphere. I can't wait to see what the Christmas party is like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter