• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keys to the Kingdom/The trip of a lifetime!

Congratulations and :welcome: to the Disboards! I just cried my eyes out watching the newswire clip and my husband is laughing at me...I'm so happy for you and can't wait to read more...congratulations again and I look forward to reading more!!! What a dream come true!!!

Congratulations Minnierocks to you and your family! :cheer2: You are so awesome to share this once in a lifetime trip on the Dis! :thumbsup2 I missed the segment on GMA and will wait to watch the video tonight at home where I have speakers--no sound at work. I can't wait to read all the wonderful details of your trip and hopefully see some of your pictures. :banana:

minnierocks said:
I would like to post some pics with some of this...
Can anyone tell me how?

Thanks!!!

I just wanted to tell you that I would be happy to help if you have any trouble posting your pictures. I can edit/resize and even host your photos on my server. You can PM me if you have any questions!

Take care,
Michelle

Wow, what an amazing, once in a lifetime event for your lucky family! I watched the video and cried! Can't wait to hear more!

Congratulations Minnierocks!!! I had my whole family come into the den to watch your video online. Thanks for sharing your experience, too. I feel like we experienced a little of it with you. It certainly made my eyes mist a little bit. We are all so happy for you!

Wow! How exciting! I teared up too when I watched the clips. That must have been the most amazing experience. I can't wait to hear what you were thinking when you first saw all of the characters and cast members come out to greet you! :goofy: :tigger: :mickeyjum :donald: :dumbo:

Entry #3

WOW! We were leaving in the morning! It appeared to be really happening...and a part of me still didn't believe it ;)
I made sure that we all went to bed early-it was going to be an early morning.
I set the alarm for 4:15 AM and tried to sleep. I say "tried" because it really was pointless. I was way too excited to fall asleep! :rotfl2:
I was imagining and speculating about what it was going to be like...what was going to happen and what surprises were in store for us!
While I knew a few details, I really hadn't been told much. I had talked to my Disney contact on Friday and she had sounded really excited! She said that everyone couldn't wait for us to arrive and they were plannning some surprises for us! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Knowing how great Disney was...made me crazy wondering what it was going to be like! But, I tried to get some rest anyway-it was going to be busy, busy, busy. Time was ticking...the countdown was into hours at this point :hourglass and I was feeling like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve!

:goodvibes The alarm goes off, but I have been awake for about a 1/2 hour...Time to get everyone moving. There stands DD at my door...wide awake and so excited! This is going to be one morning where NO ONE is going to complain about getting up! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We head out the door AHEAD of schedule :rotfl: and get to the airport before morning rush hour traffic. :thumbsup2 Hey, I would rather be early, than rushing through...
Well, now we just sit and wait for our flight...

126701keys_to_the_kingdom_2006_004_2_-thumb.jpg

They call for our flight and here we go!!! :cool1:
DH looks at me as we buckle into our seats and whispers...just think, we'll be having lunch at Disney World! :sunny:

The flight was pretty uneventful...other than both kids being excited that the snacks and drinks were free!!! :rotfl:

We touch down in Orlando and I look at DH and say..."OK, I think it's real!" :woohoo:

Who did you fly with? and were you in coach? :rotfl:

I was thinking maybe the first surprise would be first class seats. :goodvibes

darn! oh well, I guess one shouldn't complain when you hold the keys to the Kingdom in your grasp. Great trip report, I'm having so much fun reading and truly very happy for your family

So excited to hear about this right from the mouth of someone who actually experienced it. Once I get past my jealousy anyway.... :p

OH WOW!! IT'S YOU!! IT'S YOU!! :banana: The luckiest family it the world!! CONGRATS!! CONGRATS!! :cheer2: Welcome to The DIS! I can't wait to read more!! popcorn::

You are doing a great job! The suspense is amazing. It is like I am at a thriller movie sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next. I truly am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to read what happens next.
Thank you so much for telling us all about it.
Thanks, too, for the picture!
I can't wait for more!!!!! popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: :teeth:

What a dream come true!!
I still can't believe you're HERE to share it with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter