Kendra And Shane's DCL 9/11/08! Fairytale disaster :'(

What bouquet did you pick? Are you doing the pictures? Did you pick a cake? I can not wait to hear all about it.

Another DCL bride! Fantastic! Ditto what Lisa asked about the cake, photography and bouquet!

Great dress! Looks fantastic on you!

Thanks for the compliments on the dress everyone! Would you believe I had that made on ebay for 89.00?? I could not believe it and it is better then I ever thought. Here are some more detailed pictures.

DSC_0854.jpg

detailsofdress.jpg

As for my bouquet, I decided to go with the traditional red rose bouquet. I wanted something simple. My cake is going to be chocolate with strawberry mousse. And we are getting the least expensive picture package. It is just the two of us, and I really wanted the cd,(since the family is not coming) but that is SO expensive. I don't know why they feel the need to charge that much!!! I prebought a photopass cd for disney and I intend to get pictures snapped as much as possible. I really wish the cruise had something for shutters that was affordable like the photopass.

When you get on the Ship talk to your wedding cordinator...I am going to do this....and see if you can JUST buy the CD. I have heard of other brides doing it and getting the CD with no prints for $450!!!! Then if you do get it tell me all about how it went so I know exactally what to say! LOL

JOJO1980, Thank you so much for your kind words, are your flip flops white? Or colored.

Mama of indybride you gave me goosebumps. I keep forgetting how close it is. Soon enough I will have a completed report with lots of pictures for everyone.

The base of them is a sandy / cork colour and the straps are silver with a sequin flower on the front, they are so comfy :cloud9: I think your red rose bouquet which look lovely with your dress. I cant believe you got it off ebay, what a great purchase!! The detail and style are so pretty :love:

Kendra -- Everything you have chosen so far is just beautiful! You did a great job on the announcements. LOVE the embossed Mickey & Minnie. The tiara is going to be striking with your gown and your ring. :love: My friend Patty (pjstevens here) is doing a VR on the Wonder sailing right before your sail date. She'll be getting off the ship when you are getttin on. :) You should check out her PJ too. She is a sweetheart and I'm sure you two would have fun planning notes. The DCL brides here are such darlings and everyone is so helpful!

ETA: Can't believe I forgot to say that your dress is stunning! :faint: I can't believe you had that made so inexpensively. The detailing is gorgeous! Has Shane seen it yet?

~~~JoJo1980-thank you for the beautiful thought on the roses. I had a really hard time trying to figure out what I wanted but I figured the simpler the better. your flipflops sound very beautiful. COMFORT IS KEY!!!

~~~keenercam- It's funny what you said about PJstevens. We have been chatting outside of the DIS. Wouldn't it be funny if we ran into eachother as she was deboarding??? Unfortunately that will probably be first thing in the morning and we won't be getting there until probably around eleven. As for the dress, he has not seen it yet. That is the one thing I have kept a secret. His daughter and mother have seen it though and my mother has seen pictures of mine. I can't wait until he gets to see it. I want to keep it a surprise as long as i possibly can.

~~~Goldeelox9- Do you know if you get to pick the 75 pictures that go on the cd or is that something they pick for you? What night are you doing palo? I am so sad that we will might miss Toy Story the musical. Not a hundred percent sure yet though. I will let you know what I find out though in regards to the photographers... We both know how to sell, so maybe we can be persuasive enough to get what we want.

~~~Goldeelox9- Do you know if you get to pick the 75 pictures that go on the cd or is that something they pick for you? What night are you doing palo? I am so sad that we will might miss Toy Story the musical. Not a hundred percent sure yet though. I will let you know what I find out though in regards to the photographers... We both know how to sell, so maybe we can be persuasive enough to get what we want.

If you get the CD you get ALL of the pictures they take. We are doing Palo for the brunch during our day at sea. I didn't want to miss any of the dinners since all of our family and friends will be there to be with us. I also didn't want to miss any of the shows!

You must be taking a seven day cruise? We are only taking a three day. Technically, we are having the ceremony on the 12th but we decided to celebrate on 9/11 when we will "officially be married" in honor of our first date and my parents and sister got married on the eleventh of december/august. Family tradition!!!

we had a really hard time figuring out what Shane was going to wear but we finally got ahold of a red mickey mouse vest! And that is how I ended up with my dress.
tux.jpg

Now for the rest of my ensemble, This is the necklace/earings/earcuff I will be wearing. Well, I have not fully decided on the necklace or not. I really love it and I love the fact I got it at goodwill brand new and it looks like it has hidden mickeys. The thing I like the best is that it covers my cancer scar, however, I am not sure if I like it with the dress together. I am sure it will be a decision I will make at the last minute. I also don't want to take away from the dress. Plus I am proud to be a survivor so I need to show that off too!
necklace.jpg
This is a detailed close up.
hiddenmickeysinnecklace.jpg
Here is my watch
watch.jpg
and garter
garter.jpg

Now I just need something blue....maybe a blue hidden mickey of sorts...any ideas?

We are taking the 4 night cruise. We have a day in the bahamas, a day at castaway Cay (wedding Day) and a day at sea!

Congrats & good luck on your special day. It sounds like everything is coming out so well & your dress is beautiful halter is a very nice style on you.

Thank you so much...I just wish someone could take a WHOLE picture for me. I will just have to wait until the wedding day!

I can't wait to get the dress back from having it altered!!! I will be happy to know it is in my hands again where i can control what happens to it!!!

YAY! Did hey email you and let you know? Maybe I will get upgraded from Cat. 7 to the Walt Disney Suite....LOL

Great planning journal. I just love your dress. I was originally looking for a dress with claret in it but decided on all white. I just love the color red and I am sure your flowers will look great with the dress.

Where did you get your DF's vest. My DF is wearing a Mickey vest with a white on white design but I just love the red. And your necklace and earings are just great. I am wearing a tiara but I might get something like yours for my girls to wear like a headband. They will all be wearing claret.

The cruise sounds so nice. Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

Yea Kendra, So glad you are doing a PJ. I love seeing all the pics. Everything is going to be beautiful! It would be awesome if we ran into you, but you are coming from Disney (correct?) so you probably wouldn't be there that early. We'll be heading to Pop after we get off the cruise (via a car, not the bus). Can't wait to see more. And yes, as Lisa mentioned talk to the manager at Shutters to see if you can get just the cd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter