Keep CSR or switch to POR? Which is best for us?

We've stayed at CSR 3 times and POR twice. We enjoy them both equally. If my DS13 were to choose the resort he would probably choose CSR. We like POR for the boat to DTD and there is lots of shade which I think makes it feel cooler as you are walking around the resort. CSR has an awesome main pool and the bus transportation has been better than POR. The fact that CSR is a convention resort was never an issue for us. I say go for it and try CSR, it may turn out that you don't like it as much as POR but I doubt you will be disappointed. Its a beautiful resort!:thumbsup2

I agree with this completely. Nothing bad to say about CSR. We love POR. CSR was lacking in the Disney feel to us. We feel the magic everytime at POR. Just one opinion. When we stayed at CSR I had my original ressie at POR and changed it. I spent the trip wishing I was at POR!:upsidedow

What "Disney feel" was missing at CSR that was there at POR? I love being submerged in the "Disney feel" so I'm curious what made it lack.

I like CSR. We stayed there a few years ago and the rooms did not appear worn then. Someone even told me they've gone through some sort of refurb since that time and had the doors changed to the new tap to enter? I don't know what else they did though. I'll be staying there again last part of August and early September.

The pool is nice and there are several quiet pools as well. CSR seems to suffer from the same bus issues you described at POR. However, because it is a convention resort, there seems to be less people going to the parks, so the buses are usually less crowded. If you want a moderate that doesn't have those bus issues with crowds or multiple stops stay at POFQ.

I enjoyed Pepper Market as well. They always had a great variety of food to choose from so that everyone in your party would be happy. Plenty of selections that kids would go for too. I've taken people there that really love the place and have requested special trips out there to have lunch because they liked it so much.

If you've never stayed at CSR though, I'd say go for it. You never know until you try it. We've stayed in the ranchos once and then the castias another time. Ranchos were my favorite.

What "Disney feel" was missing at CSR that was there at POR? I love being submerged in the "Disney feel" so I'm curious what made it lack.

ya know, it's hard to say, but it just didn't feel like we were at Disney World there, it felt like an offsite resort, again I stress, I have nothing negative to say about CSR. I think I saw more families out and about at POR and it felt a little more 'alive' to us. I really like the theming at POR too, the lobby, the gift shop, and most of all I prefer the Riverside Mill food court over Peppermarket for ease with my kids. I think the 'feel' is a very subjective thing for people. There are probably some that have the Disney 'feel' at CSR, it just wasn't there for us. I hope this helped, kinda vague!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter