Justine & Adam 4-21-12 SBP/LSS/SCP--Updated 9/30

I really like the dress for your e-pics! & those signs from Etsy.. too cute. Are those a prop for the pics as well? & I also like the idea of the sky lanterns eventhough I have yet to see Tangled. **gulp** I know shoot me now right? & I call myself a Disney fan! :rotfl: Anyway, I cannot see wait to see how they turn out.

&&&&&& Congratulations on hitting the one year mark tomorrow!!!!!
You must be so excited! (I know I am excited for you! :lmao:) Can't wait for 2 months & 4 days from now so that I can reach my one year, but then again who's counting? :rolleyes1

I absolutely LOVE your lantern Tangled inspiration!!! I can't wait to see how those pics turn out!!!
Congrats on your one year mark! :woohoo:

I really like the dress for your e-pics! & those signs from Etsy.. too cute. Are those a prop for the pics as well? & I also like the idea of the sky lanterns eventhough I have yet to see Tangled. **gulp** I know shoot me now right? & I call myself a Disney fan! :rotfl: Anyway, I cannot see wait to see how they turn out.

&&&&&& Congratulations on hitting the one year mark tomorrow!!!!!
You must be so excited! (I know I am excited for you! :lmao:) Can't wait for 2 months & 4 days from now so that I can reach my one year, but then again who's counting? :rolleyes1

Yes, those signs are props for the pics too. I thought they were cute. I'm sooooo excited about hitting the one year mark. I got our LOA in my email. I have been waiting for it all day! Yay!!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

LOA has been signed, sent back, recieved, and processed!!! WOOHOO!!! I also booked our MK and EPCOT portrait session for the Monday after the wedding. We thought about doing it the day after the wedding, but thought it would be nicer to have a little down time to recooperate afterwards. Joe said I should hear from my planner either late this week or early next week.....I'm excited to find out who it will be!

Well, we have been dealing with some crazy flash flooding and so we didn't do our e pics today as scheduled. We are going to try for Wed. the 11th instead *fingers crossed*

In the mean time my planner, Pam, called on Friday to introduce herself. She seems really nice, but is leaving on maternity leave soon so I will have someone else in the interim until she returns.

I leave super early for Disney on Tuesday! The conference is at the Coronado Springs resorts and I've never stayed there before so that's exciting! I'm going with two male co-workers so I'll have my room all to myself. I want to sneak over to SBP at some time so I can see where we are getting married, lol. Oh, and Adam's co-workers we recently at the Swan and Dolphin for a conference and they surprised him with some groom ears, so now I have an excuse to get matching bride ears! I think that is all for now....here's hoping for a drier week! Oh, and no more tornadoes!

We took our engagements pics this past Wednesday and our photographer has put some up on her blog:
http://littlerockweddingphotographer.com/

We LOVE them! Our wish lantern launching didn't turn out as hoped (too much wind), but overall it was a lovely shoot. I had been having a stressful (160+ animals coming into the Shelter, one of my uncles passing away, etc), but I am really glad we went forward with taking the pictures. We had already re-scheduled a couple times because of the crazy weather we have been having here in Arkansas.

I wish I could have her do all of our wedding photos but with an in park reception it just doesn't make financial sense.

If you want to see them all here's the link and the password is justine:
http://mmelody311.smugmug.com/Portra...648146_r3v8HCr

Here are a few of my favorites (its hard to pick!):

justinemiddletonengagement-9472.jpg

justinemiddletonengagement-9449.jpg

justinemiddletonengagement-9418.jpg

justinemiddletonengagement-9113.jpg

Also, we got our signed LOA and annual pass vouchers back! Woohoo! I also made dining reservation for our PS trip in November. I totally forgot it was the magic day until I picked up my phone and there was the reminder, doh! Fortunately, we were able to get everything we wanted within 15 minutes of "the plan", :rotfl:

We will be eating at Coral Reef (been there are couple of times before, and thought it would be nice since the reception is at LSS), Ohana (our favorite!), Rose and Crown (love it too) Narcossees (a new one for us; I booked it for my bday!) and Cindy's Table for breakfast (not sure we will keep this one. we have done it once before a long time ago--I was just surprised to get a reservation). We are going for a week and I left our PS day open since everyone always says that are stuffed afterwards. I also left a day for tasting at the Food and Wine Festival.

Things are definitely seeming more concrete now...I emailed our stand-in planner, Jamie Ledet, with some random questions today. We (me) are tossing around the idea of the landau carriage. Cinderella's carriage is not really my style, but I love the landau....Anyone else thought about hiring the landau???

I hope everyone has a good week!!

First off—I LOVE three day weekends!! Things have been really stressful at work because it is our “high intake” season and we just don’t have enough space for all of the animals that come our way. I can’t wait until next year when we no longer have contracts with outside communities (our County is finally building their own shelter—they account for about 30-40% of our total intake). But our adoptions are going well and we are on track to beat last year which was a record-breaking year. It’s just hard and I snapped at one of my employees the other day and then I felt bad about it and apologized. But we all have days like that I guess.

Anyways----back to the wedding stuff: We should get our STDs Tuesday or Wednesday. I can’t wait to see them all finished and ready to mail!! We get a digital design for a stamp included, but I was thinking about just using these new Garden of Love stamps that just came out because they are really pretty and should match our colors well:
le7pwd-le7pnggardenofloveforever%255B1%255D.jpg

I was cruising Ebay over the weekend after I read that thread on the main wedding boards about Ebay dresses and I found a size 10 Maggie Sottero, brand new that looks very similar to both the Vanessa and Ireland that I tried on earlier this year when I was looking for a reception dress. It had a buy it now price of $250 so I thought, why not?? And I bought it! The dress name is Cassia and I think it was recently discontinued by Maggie. Here’s a couple of pics, mine comes sans sleeves:

Maggie-Sottero-Cassia.jpg
b887d412c73315e654908f8cf51321e7.jpg

I will definitely update once I get it and let you all know how it goes. I just figured for $250 if it doesn’t work out I can probably sell it back on Ebay, Craigslist or maybe even consign it and get most of my money back. That style of Maggie dresses are all so similar aside from the details that I wasn’t stuck on just one over the other. I even thought about having a knockoff made and it would have cost around the same amount. It is supposed to come with a certificate of authenticity—whatever that looks like.

I will post pics of both the dress and the STDS when I get them! I hope everyone else is having a nice holiday! :wizard:

Wow, good score on the dress, let us know how it turns out! And thanks for posting the Love stamps, they will work perfect for our garden theme! Checking out USPS right now ... :rolleyes1

the dress is beautiful. i've been on the internet hunt as well. i don't even know what i want--but if the price is right, i'm sure it'll speak to me :rotfl:

i hope your flooding situation is better. it was a nasty few months of rain and tornado scares around here too and i'm hoping it's all over!

so how was coronado springs?? it's our favorite moderate!

when is your planning session?? we'll be down there november 10-14 and i have ohana and rose and crown booked as well!! it'll be here before you know it!!

Love that dress!!! It's beautiful! I think it will look great. And awesome price for it!

Thank you! :lovestruc

Wow, good score on the dress, let us know how it turns out! And thanks for posting the Love stamps, they will work perfect for our garden theme! Checking out USPS right now ... :rolleyes1

Thanks and I'm glad you like the stamps! I think they are so pretty.

the dress is beautiful. i've been on the internet hunt as well. i don't even know what i want--but if the price is right, i'm sure it'll speak to me :rotfl:

i hope your flooding situation is better. it was a nasty few months of rain and tornado scares around here too and i'm hoping it's all over!

so how was coronado springs?? it's our favorite moderate!

when is your planning session?? we'll be down there november 10-14 and i have ohana and rose and crown booked as well!! it'll be here before you know it!!

You def have to keep hunting online...you never know what will pop up. And I almost paid full retail for the Vanessa. Of course, we will have to wait and see what shows up in the mail, lol.

Yes, the flooding has finally stopped! We actually spent Memorial Day digging out a space for our patio and was so nice outside!

Our planning session is Tues, Nov. 8! But we will be there from the 6-13. Ohana is on the 7th and R&C is on the 9th. I can't wait!! Maybe we can meet up.

Hi! just joining in on your PJ..

Congrats on your engagement and your story is really sweet. I LOVE your ring, I too wanted some colored stones.

... and LOVE the maggie dress you found on Ebay. I saw you were looking at maggie's isadora anne. I actually am in LOVE (as is my mom) with it's sister dress Isadora. In general I think Maggie's dresses are amazing.

I also LOVE the idea you had with the montages for your bridal party... I am going to try to do something like that. Although I do not have nearly as many images of me and my friends as you and yours. ;-) It was really well done.

So you are having your reception at LS... as am I! I am really looking forward to seeing what your plans are for that space. I read most of your PJ and it seems like you are doing an under the sea theme yes?

Look forward to seeing and hearing more about your wedding! CONGRATS

Adam and I were sitting on the couch watching The King’s Speech and the mail lady drove up and guess what she had??? My reception dress!!! I wasn’t planning on it arriving until sometime next week. It arrived in a large padded envelope. It was wrapped in a clear bag and the certificate of authenticity came in a sheet protector. I was a bit nervous because I have gained about 5 pounds since I tried on the other Maggie dresses. But the good news is—it fits! I will need the bust taken in a bit and I will have the train chopped off, but otherwise it’s great. The beading is really pretty and sparkly in person. I am a very happy with it—especially for $250! I am pretty sure it is an authentic Maggie dress too from I have read online. Anyways here’s some pics--I didn't bother to do up the buttons:

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

Also, we mailed our STDs this morning!! Below are some pics. We decided to do the wrap around label. I’m really happy with the way they turned out, I hope it makes people excited about attending our wedding.

IMG_2036.jpg

IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

sorry the last photo is a bit blurry...

We have found someone to rent points from for the wedding!!! We will be sharing a two bedroom villa with my parents from Tuesday to the wedding day (Saturday), then we will switch over to the GF. We also rented his parent's a studio! I hope we like the Beach Club when we stay there for our PS in November! I'm so excited, it's all seeming *real* now.

The reception dress looks so pretty! Congrats on getting it for a great price! :thumbsup2 Also, the STDs look really nice--I love all the colors. The stamps worked really well!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your reception dress!! I think if looks amazing on you!!!

STD are so fun and bright! I love them!! I'll be sending mine out pretty soon too!!!:goodvibes

The reception dress looks so pretty! Congrats on getting it for a great price! :thumbsup2 Also, the STDs look really nice--I love all the colors. The stamps worked really well!

Thank you! :bride: I'm so happy that I ended up spending less than 1/2 of what I had originally budgeted for my wedding attire (2k) for BOTH dresses!! It probably helps that I am fairly easy to please and did have a certain vision for myself....I did love those stamps!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your reception dress!! I think if looks amazing on you!!!

STD are so fun and bright! I love them!! I'll be sending mine out pretty soon too!!!:goodvibes

Thank you too!!!!! We are trying to convey how super fun our wedding will be by using bright colors, lol. I will say we have been getting a lot of good feedback from everyone about the STDs. Adam's co-workers are all fighting about who has to stay and work and who will get to go the wedding. I was really surprised how many of them expressed interest in attending. They all think it will make a nice vacation and they all have plenty of expendable income--the more the merrier.

I went home to visit my parents for Father's Day. It was so nice to spend time at home and not worry about work, etc. I got to have breakfast with my Granny too, and she expressed some interest in attending the wedding. I mean, I know she wants to be there and I honestly think she can handle it just fine, but she has been a little hesitant and about committing. I told her we would pay for her flight and she could stay in the Villa with my parents and me. I also told we are planning on renting a scooter for my Dad to use, so we would have that too. We will just have to see how is doing after the first of the year. She is 83 after all!

Other than that I don't have much wedding related news. I did order some super cute seashell place card holders, then I got thinking about whether or not Disney would put them out for me, doh!!! I guess I can ask...I would be happy to pay them to put them out. If not, I can just resell them. I bought them from a bride on Wedding Bee who bought them for her wedding and then didn't use them. Here's a pic:
seashell_place_card_holders_other_5249_view0.jpg

I kind of fee like I am at another one of those waiting phases....I have my dresses and I feel like I can't do much DIY due to my location choices (SBP, LSS, and Sago Cay). Does anyone know if I can at least use my cricut to make Mickey head program fans to hand out at SBP?? Not sure if I can since it in an outdoor venue....*sigh*

I've seen other brides that got married at SBP that had the Mickey fans. I hope that we can have them, because I'm having some made by a friend. :laughing: It would really upset me if we couldn't have them.

I've seen other brides that got married at SBP that had the Mickey fans. I hope that we can have them, because I'm having some made by a friend. :laughing: It would really upset me if we couldn't have them.

What are they going to do, make us throw them away? I will be using them for everything else....

Oh, and I noticed today is my 10 month mark!!! :banana: :dance3: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter