Justine & Adam 4-21-12 SBP/LSS/SCP--Updated 9/30

I haven't really done much wedding related stuff lately. However, we should be able to book this coming Tuesday (21st) so I will update once everything is official! I did start making a website today on weddingwire.com. I will share it once I get more than just our names on it, lol. I hope everyone is having fun getting ready for the holidays!

dunno if you're still looking for dresses but I vote for dress #1!!! But I might be slightly biased as my decision came down to that one and another :)

I love dress #1 for you! I think it's princess-y without being over the top princess-y. :)

I got my dress at David's, despite hearing horror stories from a lot of people. My mom called me up on a Monday to see if I wanted to start looking for dresses and meet her at David's after work. We had no intention of buying. I came out of there with a dress and so did she :) We had no appointment when we went, and our service was phenomenal. We went to a different David's near where my sister lives to get her MOH dress and had a similarly positive experience.

Wooohoo!! We got our date/times/venues! I was nervous and emailed my consultant around 12 and he told me they already did a lottery (yikes!) and that I got the spaces I wanted. What a relief. I guess I have to wait until the 12 month mark to book Sago Cay for our dessert party, but I'm not really worried about that. I would even make do with an Illuminations party if needed.

I will try to share some STDs that I am thinking about ordering over the next couple of days. Today is my last day of work til Monday--yay!!

I'm glad everyone likes dress #1; it's my favorite too. I'm probably going to wait until a year out to start dress shopping in earnest. I'm afraid if I buy too early I will be one of those brides that ends up with 3 dresses, lol.

Here are some STDs I found on Etsy that I really like. I want our theme to be tropical/nautical. Which to me means bright colors, sea life, and tropical flowers. Almost like living in a Jimmy Buffett song :)

I think these STDs would fit our theme perfectly...what do you think???
stds2.jpg

stds.jpg

Congrats on getting your date!!!! :)

I love dress #1 as well, it looks fabulous! I actually went to David's Bridal yesterday and the "ruffle explosion" is one of my favorites! It is so unique!

Love the save the dates too!! and did I mention I love all your "furry kids" too? :goodvibes

Hope you have a wonderful new year and look forward to your plans!!

Congrats on getting your date!!!! :)

I love dress #1 as well, it looks fabulous! I actually went to David's Bridal yesterday and the "ruffle explosion" is one of my favorites! It is so unique!

Love the save the dates too!! and did I mention I love all your "furry kids" too? :goodvibes

Hope you have a wonderful new year and look forward to your plans!!

Thanks! I hope you had a good new year's too!

So, I am feeling very anxious about booking a date for our planning session. I know the dates we want to go are Nov. 6-13, but I am afraid that since it is the week of 11/11/11 DFTW will be super busy and won't be able to fit in my PS. I like the 6-13 because it is the last week of the Food and Wine Festival, the 12th is my bday, and the 11th is Veteran's Day which means I dont have to use an extra vacation day. We really want to stay at the Boardwalk or Beach Club b/c of the proximity to EPCOT and we haven't ever stayed there before. I would highly prefer to rent points but I don't want to do that until I know we can have our PS--otherwise it is a wasted trip. I guess I will email my consultant and see what he thinks. I hope it won't be a big deal....I mean if we are there a week, surely they can fit us in, right???

Decisions, decisions! I found a cake server set that I really like on Etsy. I am kind of on the fence about ordering it though. I just don't really see us using it again and I think that DFTW provides one if you don't bring your own. Seems like it would just be one more thing in the drawer after the wedding...BUT it is really pretty...here's a pic:
il_570xN_160884839.jpg

I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year!!!:yay:

So I have exciting news….we booked a trip for November to do our planning session! Woohoo!! It was silly to worry about it in the first place. I emailed my consultant on Monday and by the end of the week he was able to have my PS and tasting scheduled for November 8th!!! This was a big relief, so I went ahead and rented points to stay Nov. 6 to Nov. 13! That includes my birthday and the Food and Wine Festival, yay!!! We are staying at the Beach Club Villas which will be a first for us. I am really looking forward to the proximity of EPCOT. Now we get to start the fun part of deciding where all we will eat….anyone have any suggestions? Also, if anyone has any Food and Wine Festival tips, I would love to hear them!
So, that was my big development for the week. My consultant hasn’t mentioned anything else about doing our room block, but I figure I’m kind of in another holding pattern until at least April when I should get an actual planner assigned. For fun I took some images I have been collecting and made a collage. Hopefully this gives a good idea of the look we are going for….very tropical/nautical. I am also looking into an aisle runner….I kind of want to cover most of the aisle carpet and use petals on the perimeter. I like the idea of using big palm leaf arrangements (a la Lurkyloo) mixed with birds of paradise at the ends of the aisle. We will each only have 2 attendants so I think it would frame everything nicely. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Inspiration1-8-10.jpg

Decisions, decisions! I found a cake server set that I really like on Etsy. I am kind of on the fence about ordering it though.

Love the cake server as it fits your theme and colors, but if you are crafty at all...this is super easy to make yourself. All you need is to purchase an inexpensive cake serving set (or one that you like with a plain handle), then go to Michaels/Hobby Lobby and get some wire and beads. Next string the beads onto the wire and wrap around the handles. You might consider pricing "doing it yourself" versus purchasing it to see if it is worth doing yourself or buying it. I have made serving spoons like this and it really is a pretty simple craft project.

Love the cake server as it fits your theme and colors, but if you are crafty at all...this is super easy to make yourself. All you need is to purchase an inexpensive cake serving set (or one that you like with a plain handle), then go to Michaels/Hobby Lobby and get some wire and beads. Next string the beads onto the wire and wrap around the handles. You might consider pricing "doing it yourself" versus purchasing it to see if it is worth doing yourself or buying it. I have made serving spoons like this and it really is a pretty simple craft project.

I think the Etsy set was like $50 so it would probably be cheaper to DIY. I may have to visit the HobLob this weekend and check out the wire and beads. I try to avoid HobLob because I end up with these delusions of grandeur about being so very crafty....like the time I thought that counted cross stitching couldn't be that hard and picked out two of the most complicated patterns they sold. I opened one and I couldn't even begin to figure out how to start...they sold well in my garage sale :)

SNOW DAY!! I should really try to post more than once a month, lol. It is still pretty early in the planning stages though…anyways, I did make one big decision—I bought my ceremony gown!!! I posted about it on the main board here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2638371

I wanted to post a link in case my fiancé should happen on the journal. He isn’t a very nosy person, but I know he wants to be surprised. I’m still on the hunt for a lighter reception gown, but I probably won’t buy one until the summer.

I am pretty sure I have decided to go with a company I found on Etsy to design our STDs and most likely our invitations too. It’s called Branchville Studios and they’re based out of Texas. http://www.branchvillestudio.com/ I looked at hundreds of different travel themed STDs and invites, but I loved theirs the most because they use such bright colors and the designs are so in tune with what we want. I had posted an example of one of their STDs earlier in the PJ but here’s another one I just LOVE!

cr-lugg.jpg

I think I want something similar to this but with a under the sea vibe and a mickey head thrown in somewhere…I probably just need to bite the bullet and contact her to get started. I guess we will send out our STDs around 1 year out. It seems early but I like to plan and it is polite to give people plenty of notice, right? :)
I have been thinking about how to incorporate our pets into the wedding day even though they won’t be there. I like the idea of a locket on my bouquet. I also think we will make a donation to my Shelter’s low income spay/neuter fund (so romantic, I know) and maybe take a picture of my pet’s to put in a little card that says something like “In lieu of favors our mom and dad have made a donation to XYZ in your honor” We might also do a small favor like M&Ms in small box and add “but enjoy a sweet treat on us Love, Chewie, Gabby, Max, and Mr, Jinx” Thoughts??? Is this weird? Should we do the candy or just leave it at the donation in your honor? I have honestly never received a wedding favor I have actually used. The only useful thing I can think of is a wine stopper. What are you doing for favors?

I think I commented on your post on the main board about your dress, but I love it! :)

Those STDs are so cute, and I am loving the colors!!

I have been going back and forth with the favor idea as well- I think a donation to the animal shelter is a great idea, and a cute way to put it at that! I have thought about donating to somewhere for the favors, because I too have been trying to figure out something that people would actually use- and that wouldn't be a waste of money.

I have been toying with the idea of a candy bar, but having to buy the containers, glassware, and candy- and if I had any left over I would have no idea what to do with it. Also I have been looking into shot glasses, or wine glasses?

So I have exciting news….we booked a trip for November to do our planning session! Woohoo!! It was silly to worry about it in the first place. I emailed my consultant on Monday and by the end of the week he was able to have my PS and tasting scheduled for November 8th!!! This was a big relief, so I went ahead and rented points to stay Nov. 6 to Nov. 13! That includes my birthday and the Food and Wine Festival, yay!!! We are staying at the Beach Club Villas which will be a first for us. I am really looking forward to the proximity of EPCOT. Now we get to start the fun part of deciding where all we will eat….anyone have any suggestions? Also, if anyone has any Food and Wine Festival tips, I would love to hear them!
So, that was my big development for the week. My consultant hasn’t mentioned anything else about doing our room block, but I figure I’m kind of in another holding pattern until at least April when I should get an actual planner assigned. For fun I took some images I have been collecting and made a collage. Hopefully this gives a good idea of the look we are going for….very tropical/nautical. I am also looking into an aisle runner….I kind of want to cover most of the aisle carpet and use petals on the perimeter. I like the idea of using big palm leaf arrangements (a la Lurkyloo) mixed with birds of paradise at the ends of the aisle. We will each only have 2 attendants so I think it would frame everything nicely. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Inspiration1-8-10.jpg

How neat your goin to be down there during our wedding at the Living Seas Salon.

Wow, two updates in two days—it’s a miracle! Actually, we got a ton of snow and the City has had its offices closed the last two days so I have been stuck at home with nothing better to do! It has been really nice. Anyways, I wanted to do something special to ask my two best friends to be in my bridal party. I have a female friend, Jana, who I have been friends with since freshman year when we joined the same sorority (Alpha Delta Pi). I have a male friend, Dwayne, that I met sophomore year of college when we were mentors for the Upward Bound program. So I am having a Maid of Honor (technically Matron of Honor, but we both thought that sounded old and stuffy) and a Man of Honor (because I think Brides Man sounds creepy). I live in Arkansas where we all met, Jana is currently in Texas and Dwayne lives in Philadelphia so it’s not like I could just have a nice dinner party and then spring the question on them. I’ll also admit that they both already knew they were going to be in the wedding but I wanted to formally ask them.

That brings us to how to ask. I thought about sending a card with a nice floral arrangement, I thought about a card and some other type of gift but nothing seemed right. I did end up buying these super cute cards on Etsy (one Maid and one Man of Honor—great Etsy seller btw):

card.jpg

Next, I sat down since I had extra time, and played around with Windows Movie Maker and did a photo slideshow for each of them with my favorite photos of each of them. I was really happy with the way they turned out. I burned each one onto a DVD and I mailed them today. I know they will love them, and I am glad I have a copy to keep too! In case you’re looking for some inspiration, here’s a link to each one:
Jana:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu6dSNz-oe8

Dwayne:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_asaF8xGMU

2/6
Well, Dwayne got his package in the mail on Friday and he said “yes” to being my Man of Honor, so that’s exciting! Jana hasn’t received her’s yet—I think the nasty weather has slowed it down. In other news I booked Beaute Speciale for hair and make-up. I am going to have them do the hair/make-up for me, Jana, my mom, and FMIL. Dwayne doesn’t get to wear make-up and he is proficient at styling his our hair ;)

I am also booking a trial for our November PS trip to make sure I don’t look like a total goofball in whatever hairstyle I end up picking. They have been great to work with so far; quick with responding to emails. I was a bit worried it might be too early to book them, but it wasn’t. :woohoo:

They did ask about the timeframe and I wasn’t sure since I will most likely end up booking Disney for all our photography and videography. How far out can you book them? I sent my consultant an email on Tuesday, but I have yet to hear back from him. I guess I will wait until this Tuesday so he has a full week to answer before I pester him. I hate feeling that way-it would so much easier if they would just write back promptly (within 72 hours or so).

I just finished reading a historical (trashy) romance novel set in the Caribbean and now ALL I can think about is planning/going on our honeymoon! We have tossed around so many ideas about where to go. The ultimate plan is to go on safari in Africa, but neither of us has the luxury of taking off for the wedding, plus an additional 2 weeks to do the safari properly, so that is on hold until probably two years after the wedding, depending on finances.

So, we want a shorter, relaxing honeymoon right after the wedding. We have gone back and forth over what to do. We have been on one cruise that did a circuit around the southern Caribbean and we loved it! However, I don’t find that there is much privacy on a cruise ship. We went to Hawaii the summer after we first started dating and we loved it too, but that would be an awful long flight, plus there are other places I want to explore. Then, we thought about Paris, but I would want longer than 5-6 days and we (I) would jam pack our itinerary because that is just how I am.

We had narrowed it down to somewhere warm and not Mexico. We have looked at what feels like a bazillion resorts. Part of us likes the idea of all inclusive and part of us doesn’t. Well, today we made one big decision: We want to go back to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. It was our favorite port of the cruise we went on and I love how exotic it looks without having to travel all the way to Fiji or similar. Now we are just researching where exactly we want to stay. Both of us are really excited to go back, I mean who could resist this???
st_lucia.jpg

It’s much more enticing than the snow that is outside my front door right now. I’m off to make jalepeno popper dip for the Superbowl! popcorn::

That pic makes me want to go too!!! And there's no snow here. Actually, I'm wearing shorts today...haha. Good ole Louisiana! (NOT)

That pic makes me want to go too!!! And there's no snow here. Actually, I'm wearing shorts today...haha. Good ole Louisiana! (NOT)

Lucky! Its funny after I wrote this we got record breaking snow amounts! Our backyard had 20 inches!! In fact, here are some pics just for fun:

Gabby loves the snow!
IMG_1893.jpg

We literally have to drag her inside and thaw her out:
IMG_1880.jpg

Chewie is not so fond of the snow:
IMG_1891.jpg

And here's the proof:
IMG_1888.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter