Justine & Adam 4-21-12 SBP/LSS/SCP--Updated 9/30

We have been getting back our pre-RSVPs pretty regularly. They are supposed to all be back in another week. They are split pretty evenly in thirds between the definite yes'es, definite no's, and the unsures.

Oh, and 8 months from today we get married!!! I can't believe how much time has seemed to speed up lately. On a not so happy note--i am having all 4 of my wisdom teeth surgically removed on Aug. 30th....I have been putting it off for a while, but they've started causing me to have headaches every afternoon so I figured I might as well bite the bullet and get it done, at least I have good dental insurance now. I've never had any kind of surgery or broken bone, etc. I think I am actually more nervous about the IV than anything else, lol. I've only put in a request for two days off, so I'm staying optimistic that it won't be so bad! I have a lot of events coming up at work (taking adoptable pets to our county fair, "Pawcasso" art show--our kitties made paintings to sell, and "Dog Days of Summer" where we are doing free dog adoptions and we plan on staying until every available dog gets adopted). Then in late September we are having our 2nd annual "Paws for a Bargain" yard sale---we raised like $1,500 last year, but it was soooo hot and it rained on everything the night before. So this year I moved it later in the year and I found us an indoor location to have it :thumbsup2

Enough about work, my maid of honor found her dress! I told her she could wear whatever she wanted as long as it was one of our colors. She found a super cute dress for $35 at Nordstrom Rack. Below are pics from a weddingbee wedding where the maids all wore the dress:
082809-03.jpg

and a stock photo:
Adrianna+Papell+Shantung+Dress+in+dark+purple.jpg

I like the flower detailing and I think the color photographs well. I guess I need to start filling out that planning packet....when are we supposed to turn that in?

I REALLY love that dress!!! Good luck with the wisdom teeth! Just remember....mashed potatoes and jello for a few days! Don't eat a hamburger a day later like I did! lol

Don't eat a hamburger a day later like I did! lol

:lmao::lmao: I DID THAT TOO. As soon as I woke up from the surgery, I craved a cheeseburger. My mother thought I was nuts. :laughing: Don't worry, Justine--it's a real low-key surgery. You'll do just fine! :thumbsup2

Also...LOVE the MOH dress. It's beautiful. :lovestruc I love all the floral details. So exciting you are 8 months out! It'll start to fly now!

love the dresses!!

good luck with the surgery!! i had mine out in 2002 the day before thanksgiving so i had the rest of the day wednesday, thurs, fri and the weekend to recover. all i wanted was mashed potatoes, applesauce and popsicles, lol. it was my first time being put under, and i woke up with hiccups, lol. i didn't have a "great" caregiver at the time, but i did fine--i just curled up with the doggie and slept. i thought it was horrible at the time, but after i got my tonsils out--i considered the wisdom teeth a walk in the park :rotfl: you'll do great!! better to get them out now, then to have them give you a headache everyday--especially on your trip!!!

Ooh! I love that dress! I so want it!

I think you can still find some people selling it online. Just google "Adrianna Papell Shantung Dress" there's a really pretty halter version too.

I REALLY love that dress!!! Good luck with the wisdom teeth! Just remember....mashed potatoes and jello for a few days! Don't eat a hamburger a day later like I did! lol

Lol, I plan on taking it pretty easy...although if I get too hungry we'll have to see.

Nancy sweetie - Loving that dress. The colour is gorgeous!!!

Thanks!

:lmao::lmao: I DID THAT TOO. As soon as I woke up from the surgery, I craved a cheeseburger. My mother thought I was nuts. :laughing: Don't worry, Justine--it's a real low-key surgery. You'll do just fine! :thumbsup2

Also...LOVE the MOH dress. It's beautiful. :lovestruc I love all the floral details. So exciting you are 8 months out! It'll start to fly now!

I'm so ready for the time to fly!

love the dresses!!

good luck with the surgery!! i had mine out in 2002 the day before thanksgiving so i had the rest of the day wednesday, thurs, fri and the weekend to recover. all i wanted was mashed potatoes, applesauce and popsicles, lol. it was my first time being put under, and i woke up with hiccups, lol. i didn't have a "great" caregiver at the time, but i did fine--i just curled up with the doggie and slept. i thought it was horrible at the time, but after i got my tonsils out--i considered the wisdom teeth a walk in the park :rotfl: you'll do great!! better to get them out now, then to have them give you a headache everyday--especially on your trip!!!

I def plan to do some heavy duty sleeping and cuddling with my fur babies! My mom is coming over to take care of me... I love playing the "I need my mommy" card every now and then.

Ooohhh I LOVE that dress! I want one too.

And good luck with your wisdom teeth. If it makes you feel any better, I had all four of mine out at once and it hardly hurt at all after the second day! I was really nervous, but it was fine. :D So you'll be okay!

Ooohhh I LOVE that dress! I want one too.

And good luck with your wisdom teeth. If it makes you feel any better, I had all four of mine out at once and it hardly hurt at all after the second day! I was really nervous, but it was fine. :D So you'll be okay!

thanks! I'm just ready to have them out already so I stop thinking about it...and so I can sleep for a looooooong time without being interrupted, lol.

So, for now my "hairspriration" is something along the lines of this:
januaryjones.jpg

And I don't really want a tiara, so I decided to opt for a ribbon headband. Now, I'm really not sure about the logistics of keeping said ribbon headband in my hair, but I figure we'll test it out at my hair trial in November. I combed the internets and this is the one I ordered:
yhst-42929299039964_2169_254027015

In someone's hair:
yhst-42929299039964_2171_990648571.jpg

And some earrings I ordered too:
yhst-42929299039964_2170_597788403

yay! :love:

those accessories are great!!! the ribbon headband is so elegant and the earrings are a perfect amount of bling! great choices!!

I looooove the ribbon headband! I really wanted one too, but I was basically informed by my grandmother and my dress consultant that I needed a tiara because I am a princess. :lmao: But I LOVE your ribbon headband. I hope you play dress up with it when it comes in!

And the earrings are SO pretty too!

I love your accessories, as well! But I really, really, think that headband is just spectacular. I haven't seen anything like that before! :lovestruc

those accessories are great!!! the ribbon headband is so elegant and the earrings are a perfect amount of bling! great choices!!

thank you!

I looooove the ribbon headband! I really wanted one too, but I was basically informed by my grandmother and my dress consultant that I needed a tiara because I am a princess. :lmao: But I LOVE your ribbon headband. I hope you play dress up with it when it comes in!

And the earrings are SO pretty too!

Of course you need a tiara....you are wearing a princess dress after all! And really, when will you get to wear on again? I do plan on playing dress sometime soon!

I love your accessories, as well! But I really, really, think that headband is just spectacular. I haven't seen anything like that before! :lovestruc

Thanks, I love the headband too! In fact they both got here yesterday, but I had my wisdom teeth taken out this morning, so I will have to wait a while to play pretty, pretty princess dress up, LOL. I am feeling better than I thought I would....earlier the pain was intense, but now its not too bad. I guess the swelling comes tomorrow.

Wow, famous last words: “I am feeling better than I thought I would....earlier the pain was intense, but now it’s not too bad. I guess the swelling comes tomorrow.” Ha! Less than an hour later I got super sick and well, I will spare you the details, but it was pretty unpleasant. I ended up with a few complications from the surgery, the only one I’m still dealing with is the right front side of my tongue is numb. I think the feeling is slowly coming back…at least I hope it is, lol. Maybe I’m just getting used to it.

Anyway, on to wedding stuff: I bought shoes! I really wanted a purple shoe, but I couldn’t find one I really liked and then the more I thought about the more I liked the idea of a white bridal shoe. So I found one at Zappos for $75 then I googled it and found my size on super sale at Piperlime for $20! Yay! I couldn’t return them since they were on clearance, but the reviews said they ran true to size and so I went ahead and ordered them. They are Sharelle by Caparros:

0827007567486a03accaa3a902214c8c_best.jpg

As much as I like a high heel, I really rarely wear them anymore and with my dress being on the large, heavy side I thought it would smart to go with a lower heel. I was also scared of getting stuck in the boards at SBP, lol. I think I might change shoes for the reception…but maybe not, lol. They were really comfy when I tried them on.

Other than that, I’m just getting really excited about the PS/vacation. We have decided to attend Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party on its first night which is also our PS day. :banana: I thought it would be a nice cap to the day. We went to one back in 2006 and had a really great time.

We have also been discussing options for the rehearsal meal. I say “meal” because I don’t think we are going to do a dinner. Probably either a breakfast or a lunch since we are having a DP that night…I’m telling you what, I want to enjoy those desserts, damn it! We tossed around a few ideas and we have tentatively decided on a breakfast at Cape May Café. We haven’t ever eaten there but the reviews sounded nice and like it was a little more relaxed than most character breakfasts.

Our 180 day window come up on October 20 so I wanted to make a decision before then. I did go ahead and book us a breakfast there for our PS trip so we can try it out. Most of our families are staying at the Beach Club so it’s very convenient. It will also give us a chance to meet, say hi, etc. All of Df’s extended family lives in North Carolina and I have only met his grandparents once briefly when we graduated from college in 2006. Then I guess we can schedule the actual rehearsal for any time that day.

Is a rehearsal breakfast weird? I thought having a character breakfast would be a fun Disney touch. Its funny how much your plans change because I always assumed we would do a dinner at either Ohana or Margaritaville. I would do it Thursday but I don't think that everyone will be there by then. We are trying really hard to keep a relaxed atmosphere with nice pacing, so I really think a breakfast would be good. We are looking at 13 to 20 people for the rehearsal meal. Hmm…

yay for 7 months!! just think how bad you'll freak at 7 weeks :rolleyes1

cape may would be fun. it's a really good breakfast and the characters are fun in their beach gear :) another more laid back option would be captain's grille--but i think cape may is great!!

hope you get to feeling better soon!! :hug:

Ohhh! Hooray for 7 months!!! Once you get to your planning session the time will fly by. :cool1:

I really love your shoes! They are so beautiful.

I'm doing a rehearsal brunch, as well. I think it's actually going to work out better than a dinner, because we are serving such a heavy dinner at the wedding, I didn't want two in a row. I think we'd roll away! :rotfl: We're doing a morning rehearsal and then going to brunch at 11:30 and then we have the whole rest of the day to goof around, which I think our guests are looking forward to. So, I say go for Cape May Cafe--It sounds great!! :yay:

And feel better!!! :hug:

7 mths!!! :cool1::banana::yay::dance3::cheer2:
I just read ur entire Pj... nice dress :thumbsup2 ... I arrive at disney the day of ur wedding, mayb i will take a sneak peek :rolleyes1 ... everything is coming along nicely... ur wedding is 2 days b4 mines :woohoo:

0827007567486a03accaa3a902214c8c_best.jpg

As much as I like a high heel, I really rarely wear them anymore and with my dress being on the large, heavy side I thought it would smart to go with a lower heel. I was also scared of getting stuck in the boards at SBP, lol. I think I might change shoes for the reception…but maybe not, lol. They were really comfy when I tried them on.
Hmm…

What a great steal!! I am addicted to Pinterest, and someone posted these "sole mate" heel savers- they are like plastic you put on the bottom of your heel so they can't get stuck in boards, grass, etc. I've gotten some for myself and my maids! Just a thought! :cool1:
http://thesolemates.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter