Just Pretend the Raindrops are Snowflakes!~A 12/11 TR! *Trip Wrap Up! Pg 21, 2/23!*

The End, part 2

Once the CP was over, we went over to what seems to be Brandon's favorite pavilion (I'm guessing because of the beer? :drinking1) and looked around for a little while.

P1010784.jpg

Germany looked so beautiful that night, they really have some of the nicest Christmas decorations in World Showcase!

Brandon went to get a beer, so I went in the Christmas shop. I always get an ornament on any trip that I go on, so I had to get one, and there was one in particular that I wanted in October, but never got.

Here's my terrible attempt to take a picture of the ornament I was about to buy:

P1010787.jpg

Ok, I know, you're all like "what the *&^% is that" right? :rotfl: Well, if you look on the tree at the Mickey head glass ornaments, it's one of those. See the one on the bottom left, with the purple and white? It's that one. I am SO happy that I bought it, I wanted in in October, like I said, but it was too expensive (or so I thought at the time)! But since I didn't really buy anything on this trip, I figured why not? Ahhh, I love Disney Christmas ornaments! I want a whole Disney Christmas tree someday!

I kept walking around and went into the shop next door with all the crystal, and OMG, everything was so pretty!

Look at this little Marie!!

P1010792.jpg

How adorable is that? Ohhh, why can't I be a millionaire?

Well, since I'm not, and couldn't buy anything in the crystal store, we went back around the World Showcase. We didn't really have anything to do, we just wanted to wander around before Illuminations started.

P1010796.jpg

I love the tree in America, I think when I first saw the Christmas decorations, I didn't like it at all, but now I think it's beautiful. It's so simple and classic, it's perfect for the America pavilion!

We found ourselves in France, and there was a PP photographer in front of the fountains, so decided to get our picture taken, even though I felt awful and looked worse.

P1010816.jpg

(Yep, made it a little smaller because it looked creepy bigger! *Of course, now that I'm rereading this update before I post it, they are still big, but hopefully they will resize themselves and be smaller soon!* ) I actually don't mind this picture, except you can tell how sick I am. And Brandon again looks like he's toothless!

The photographer wanted us to kiss, and said something that made us laugh, so instead of getting us actually kissing, she got us laughing in the next picture!

P1010817.jpg

I actually love this picture! I love the fact that we're laughing and happy and it was actually caught on camera instead of some stupid staged kissy picture (we always look awkward in those!) Except I don't like how the fountain is coming through the middle of our faces, that kind of ruins it. But still, it's one of my favorites!

We walked through England a little to look at the decorations, and then went into the shop in Canada, where I considered getting this:

P1010827.jpg

I think I've mentioned how much I love moose in previous TR's right? Well, I love them, and I thought this was too cute! However, it's just long tee shirt to sleep in and it was obnoxiously expensive. So I didn't get it, but maybe next time!

It was almost time for Illuminations, and even though we could have gone to the special CP package viewing spot, we just hung out near Canada. I got my beloved Disney popcorn

P1010830.jpg

and waited for Illuminations!

A few of my favorite pics:

P1010851.jpg

P1010864.jpg

P1010882.jpg

Illuminations was spectacular, as always! It's nice that they add the extra song at the end for the holidays too, any way they can extend Illuminations by a few minutes is fine with me!

Unfortunately, at the end, that meant Epcot was closed, and it was also the end of our trip almost. We went in MouseGear one last time (I don't think I bought anything, which is probably a first!) and then we just hung out and took pictures.

P1010887.jpg

The Fountain of Nations was...fountaining? I don't ever know what to call it when this show is happening, so fountaining is going to have to do!

P1010896.jpg

On our way out, I made Brandon sit in front of Stitch so I could get a picture!

P1010906.jpg

I think as we were leaving, I posted this picture to FB and put "Goodnight Epcot"

P1010909.jpg

Oh, and one last picture as we were walking to the tram-

P1010911.jpg

Snowflakes! I'm pretty sure I yelled that as I was walking out and took the picture, I love those beautiful Disney snowflakes!

Sadly, I got on the tram and we went back to our car, and then back to Pop. As much as I was sick of the rain and sick of being sick at Disney, I was still leaving Disney the next day, so I was upset. Especially since then I thought we were skipping our May trip and wouldn't be back til September! It just seemed so far away!

We stopped at Everything Pop so I could get some cough drops for the plane the next day, and went back to our room and went to sleep. I didn't even bother packing, I figured I'd just do it in the morning.

Wednesday 12/14, Departure Day

I got up around 8:50 and packed up all my stuff. It was sad taking my window decorations down! I left the Mickey and Minnie gel decoration up for the next person to enjoy, although I'm guessing Mousekeeping probably took it down!

Brandon got up, packed, and we went down to Classic Hall to check out. We put all of our stuff in the car and then went back in for breakfast. I wasn't really hungry so I just had some tea and this little beauty:

IMG_1041.jpg

Disney cheese danish. It's probably my new favorite thing for breakfast!

When we were finished eating, we walked out of the front of Pop to our car and I had to take a couple of pictures before we left:

P1010919.jpg

P1010918.jpg

We drove to the airport, dropped off our car and checked our luggage and went over to our gate.

Eventually it was time to board the plane, and again, we got lucky, no one sat with us. I let Brandon have the window seat for once (I never do, in case someone does sit with us, I can't be sitting next to a stranger!) and I settled in and tried to sleep.

IMG_1043.jpg

Unfortunately, there was a lot of turbulence on this flight so I couldn't get comfortable, and I was freaking out a bit. The captain kept telling us he was going to try to find a different path to get out of it, but he then told us it was going to be like that the whole way home, because of the weather. :confused3 It did calm down a little and they let people get up and use the bathroom, but when it first started and they told everyone to get in their seats, they also said if you are in one of the bathrooms, to stay there until the turbulence stopped! :scared1: Imagine being stuck in one of those bathrooms for 30 minutes?

We landed safely and right on time. We grabbed our bags and went outside to wait for the shuttle to our parking lot. It was freezing in CT! We were having a really mild winter up to that point, but when we got back, it seemed so much colder than Florida!

So that's it! The end of our little December trip! I'm going to do one more update in a couple of days to wrap everything up, there were some great moments to this trip, and some not so great moments! Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Jen, the story of Brandon and the egg has me :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

We love R&C and we have sat outside on several occasions, including once for Illuminations when the kids were little (we gave up our outside table the last two times because we seldom stay for Illuminations...my least favorite of the evening shows so someone else could have that great spot). Oh, and Mark loves that yorkshire pudding (they serve it at Lawry's...a very famous Prime Rib place here and he takes my share too).

I'm glad the heavier rain eased up for the show and that you enjoyed it. I know that is something that Mark would absolutely love.

Sorry about all the turbulence on the flight home. I can't imagine being stuck in the bathroom...I don't like to fly as it is and that would put me over the edge.

I hate being late for reservations as well but am glad that the CMs at Rose and Crown were understanding about it :thumbsup2 Wow watching Illuminations from that view must be amazing :cloud9:

Lol your food pics are making me hungry - may have to go and make something to eat soon! The CP looks amazing :goodvibes

We were there during that same time period (Dec 9-14) and did the R&C and Candlelight Processional Tuesday also, but the last show. I somehow got fooled into thinking it wasn't going to rain that last night and didn't bring our ponchos--we've never gotten so much use out of our ponchos on one trip as we did this one!

Looking for to our April 19th trip--with hopefully NO rain!

Hahha that's so funny about the Scotch Egg. He should have said... who would order that... BESIDES ME? Hahahah.

UGH more rain? Once again, I'm sorry about all that. :( That just doesn't sound fun!

I love the Candlelight Processional! You're right, it's very moving and beautiful. When I saw it, Jodi Benson (Ariel!!!) was the narrator! It was so awesome. Lorraine Bracco was there on my trip too (obviously... it was the next day haha) but we didn't want to see it two years in a row either, so I get what you're saying about that, it wouldn't be as special if you saw it every year! But also, I didn't know who she was! :confused3

What time were yall at the airport? We might have been there at the same time! Eww, that turbulence sounds scary. Ugh. Boo. Cold. Home. Ehh. Hahaha.

Hahha that's so funny about the Scotch Egg. He should have said... who would order that... BESIDES ME? Hahahah.

UGH more rain? Once again, I'm sorry about all that. :( That just doesn't sound fun!

I love the Candlelight Processional! You're right, it's very moving and beautiful. When I saw it, Jodi Benson (Ariel!!!) was the narrator! It was so awesome. Lorraine Bracco was there on my trip too (obviously... it was the next day haha) but we didn't want to see it two years in a row either, so I get what you're saying about that, it wouldn't be as special if you saw it every year! But also, I didn't know who she was! :confused3

What time were yall at the airport? We might have been there at the same time! Eww, that turbulence sounds scary. Ugh. Boo. Cold. Home. Ehh. Hahaha.

Haha, as soon as I saw that Scotch Egg on the menu, I knew he would get it! I wasn't expecting him to say it didn't sound good first, though! He does that, I'm used to it! :laughing:

Aww, thanks! The rain was annoying, but thankfully, it let up most of the night, the worst of it was when we walked from Soarin' to the CP!

OMG seeing Ariel must have been amazing! I don't really have any feelings towards Lorraine Bracco at all, I don't like her, but I don't dislike her, you know? She was Karen in Goodfellas...that's all I can ever see her as!

Hmm, I think we were at the airport at like 11:30? Our flight was at 1, so I'm guessing we got there at 11:30-12ish. That would be funny if we walked right by you! Did you fly on Southwest?

The turbulence wasn't really scary (ok, well at first it was!) it was more annoying than anything...it just lasted so long! Then it would stop and they would turn off the seat belt sign, and then it would start again and put it back on! I felt bad for the poor flight attendants! I hope we don't have a flight like that anytime again soon! I hate flying to begin with, I like nice, smooth, fast flights!

We were there during that same time period (Dec 9-14) and did the R&C and Candlelight Processional Tuesday also, but the last show. I somehow got fooled into thinking it wasn't going to rain that last night and didn't bring our ponchos--we've never gotten so much use out of our ponchos on one trip as we did this one!

Looking for to our April 19th trip--with hopefully NO rain!

It did rain a lot, didn't it! Ugh! I thought December was a pretty dry month in Florida, but not that weekend! :laughing:

Hope your next trip is nice and dry! I hope mine is too! :thumbsup2

Loved the story about the Scotch Egg! That was one thing I really wanted to try during our June trip and I'm so glad I did...I was also HOOKED and even made them at home one night a few months ago. They were YUMMY! I mean hard boiled egg WRAPPED in Sausage and fried...what is not to like??? ;)

Sorry about the rain but glad it wasn't too bad. CP is truly a wonderful experience that I agree everybody should do once. We did take all 3 kids to it and they seemed to enjoy it as well. Unfortunately I don't remember as much about it because I was too busy trying to record the whole thing...and I had two cameras that were running low on battery power so I was holding both at one point, waiting for one to run out and then catching the rest with the bad one. One of these days I'll get around to piecing the whole thing together so I can watch it again...it's on my to-do list! It was Dec. 2009 after all! :)

See, to me, the Scotch Egg sounds gross, but I don't like hard boiled eggs, so that's why! If I did, it would probably sound good! I'm really weird about eggs, I only like them scrambled or in an omelet, and they have to be cooked until they are like, dry! Sometimes I'm surprised that I eat them at all! :laughing: I'm glad the ones you made at home turned out good!

The CP is really beautiful, isn't it! That's great that your kids liked it, I saw so many kids there that were bored, or had to bring something with them to entertain themselves! It is kind of a long show! I thought about taking some video of it, but I just wanted to really listen and watch, it was a pain even taking pictures!

so sad the trip is over! I also had bad turbulence on our way home! ugh!

The turbulence made me nervous, but I suppose it could have been worse! I just tried to distract myself and ignore it, if I let myself think about it too much, I would have really freaked out! :scared1:

Jen, the story of Brandon and the egg has me :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

We love R&C and we have sat outside on several occasions, including once for Illuminations when the kids were little (we gave up our outside table the last two times because we seldom stay for Illuminations...my least favorite of the evening shows so someone else could have that great spot). Oh, and Mark loves that yorkshire pudding (they serve it at Lawry's...a very famous Prime Rib place here and he takes my share too).

I'm glad the heavier rain eased up for the show and that you enjoyed it. I know that is something that Mark would absolutely love.

Sorry about all the turbulence on the flight home. I can't imagine being stuck in the bathroom...I don't like to fly as it is and that would put me over the edge.

That's nice that you guys give up your table outside for people who might like Illuminations more! Although I'm not sure how it's possible that it's your least favorite nighttime show! :rolleyes1 :laughing: I could watch Illuminations every night of my trip and not get bored! :rotfl2:

The CP is really beautiful, if you guys ever take a December trip, you should definitely do it, it's amazing!

OMG I would die if I had to stay in the bathroom during turbulence! I don't like using those bathrooms as it is, but being stuck in there, forget it! I don't like flying either, but I'm getting a little more ok with it, however, if we have more flights like that one...:eek:

So sad your trip is over..... :sad:

Aww, thanks! It's sad, but...this wasn't exactly our best trip, so I'm ready to be finished with this TR! I can't wait to continue my October TR! :woohoo: And start my May PTR, I'm hoping I can start it this weekend!

I hate being late for reservations as well but am glad that the CMs at Rose and Crown were understanding about it :thumbsup2 Wow watching Illuminations from that view must be amazing :cloud9:

Lol your food pics are making me hungry - may have to go and make something to eat soon! The CP looks amazing :goodvibes

I'm glad the CM's were nice about it too, we were late at Mama Melrose's once and they almost erased our ADR! :scared1: That's why I get so nervous being late now!

I'd love to watch Illuminations from R&C someday, the next time we want to eat there, I'll have to make a later ADR!

The CP was really fantastic, I'm so glad we got to finally do it! :)

Jen - I am sorry to see this TR come to a close. You seem so anxious to be over it. I do feel bad you were so sick and you ended up with so much rain. It's ironic that I was supposed to go that weekend but ended up changing.

I sat at exactly those seats at R&C to see Illuminations and I have the steak and fish too (Brandon's meal). Loved it. It was such a great spot.

I love CP and I'm a little sad that I didn't do it this trip, but I will definitely do it next time. I really think the whole program is so inspirational.

You got some lovely pictures in this update. Looking forward to your final thoughts.

OMG seeing Ariel must have been amazing! I don't really have any feelings towards Lorraine Bracco at all, I don't like her, but I don't dislike her, you know? She was Karen in Goodfellas...that's all I can ever see her as!

Hmm, I think we were at the airport at like 11:30? Our flight was at 1, so I'm guessing we got there at 11:30-12ish. That would be funny if we walked right by you! Did you fly on Southwest?

I hope we don't have a flight like that anytime again soon! I hate flying to begin with, I like nice, smooth, fast flights!

Ahhhh okay... I've never seen that! Yeah, I dunno who she is so I don't think I would have been all that excited to see her. But yes, seeing Ariel was completely amazing! She sounded just the same. :goodvibes

No, I flew Jet Blue. Are the different airlines at different gates? But my flight landed at about 12:20 so we were definitely at the airport at the same time for a little while!

Hahah I can't blame you there!

I'm sorry to see your TR is over!!! :(

DBF SO wants to try a Scotch egg one of these days...they sound weird to me too, but I'm sure I'd like them :laughing:.

The Candlelight Processional looks gorgeous! Too bad you had to sit in the rain during it though!

The CP is awesome. Man, all these Christmas things make me want to go back at that time so badly!

haha, my mom actually bought one of those snowman ornaments in that one picture. It's so cute.

Bummer it's over already but atleast now you have your May trip to look forward to.

So I'm a bad DISer and lurked through your whole TR, but just letting you know I really enjoyed it! We absolutely loved our Christmas December trip, and seeing your pictures brought back great memories. Sucks that you were sick for most of the trip. But at least you will be back soon!

Sad your trip is over but glad you're going back in May!

BTW I planted the seed tonight about going back to WDW for a mini-trip in December! Your description of the CP is what really got him thinking... I'm not allowed to do anything yet (he won't even let me email DVC Guy to ask him about availability!) but after our July trip when our finances have hopefully been worked out a little better, I'll know for sure. It would be cool to go just for a few days but we'll see!

I am sad your TR is over! I have loved reading it but am looking forward to May PTR ,hint, hint;)

The potato soup at Rose and Crown looked good! I am going to try that hopefully when we go in October.

I am with you...I want an all Disney tree for Christmas. I have started collecting the Mickey head ornaments and loved seeing the picture of the ornament. I have to check out that shop!:goodvibes

Great TR!! Soooo sorry you were sick but it was so nice to read about all of the fun Christmas-y things you guys did and see the gorgeous pictures! The CP sounds really amazing-- I love Lorraine Bracco! Ahhh, I need to make a Christmas trip happen!
Haha I guess yorkshire puddings are kind of tastless dough, but the first ones Zach and I had were at Rose and Crown and we LOVED them! We've made them a couple of times at home with gravy and still love them!

I really enjoyed reading your trip report! We were there Dec. 3-8 so it was fun to read about what you did, where you ate, etc. I love the way you tell all - the good, the bad and the ugly :lmao: Even though you weren't 100%, it seemed like you did a lot and did end up enjoying your trip. Thanks for sharing!

I love that Brandon calls his dad when he has something especially good to eat. It's totally something my fella would do...must be a guy thing! :rotfl:

Your night time Germany photo is AH-MAY-ZING. Anyone would believe it was really taken in Germany!

I'm glad you guys had a good time in spite of the weather and you not feeling well!

Oh my!! I'm gone from Dis for a few weeks and now your done with your TR!! Boo!!

It sounds like you had a great last day, aside from the dumb rain!!

I've never been to R&C but I have to try it at some point! That table must be great for Illuminations!

LOVE CP!! I can't tell you how much I loved it!!

Your Illuminations pics are amazing!

Glad your trip home was good aside from the turbulence!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter