Just Pretend the Raindrops are Snowflakes!~A 12/11 TR! *Trip Wrap Up! Pg 21, 2/23!*

Nermel9

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

Welcome to my 4th trip report! I just got back last week from a quick trip to Disney World to see the amazing holiday decorations and get myself in the Christmas spirit!

The cast of this trip was my DH, Brandon and I:

P1010266.jpg

Our dates were December 10-14, 2011, and we stayed in Pop Century!

I'm sure many of you know me already, I'm Jen, a ridiculous Disney obsessed freak! I'm constantly planning trips in my mind, even if I never actually take them, it seems like I always need to be researching and planning a Disney trip! This trip was my 10th time to the World!

My DH is Brandon, who seems to be losing his interest in Disney lately. :sad1: He likes it, but he's ready for a break, ready to go somewhere else. I try to be supportive and say "sure, we can go somewhere else!" Then I remember I bought those AP's in October, and I kind of want to get my money's worth out of them...

Oh yes, October. In October, we went on a LONG, 10 day, fun-filled trip, (currently still writing the TR for that one, if anyone wants to hop over, the link is in my signature!) where I upgraded our 8 day park hoppers to AP's. Brandon totally gave me permission, and he was on board with coming back in May for our anniversary!

Then we came home, and I started thinking about Disney in December, and I begged and pleaded with him to take a short trip, just to see the holiday decorations. I used every bargaining tool I had-Southwest credits, so we had to pay for only one flight, AP resort discount, staying in a value resort. He agreed, and that's how this trip came about. :yay:

Unfortunately, this wasn't our best trip. Brandon just wasn't excited about it like he usually is, which kind of put a damper on my excitement. And our first night there, I started feeling a little sick, which I just thought was from the weather change, (we live in CT and it was starting to get pretty cold when we left, and it was in the 70's in Florida!) I figured I'd be fine when I woke up the next day. However, with each day that passed, I just felt more and more sick, so I couldn't do what I normally do in Disney-up early, nap, out late! I like to get in as much Disney as possible and that didn't happen with me not feeling well. :sick:

Oh yeah, and it rained. Like, every day. Some people can deal with rain...we're not fans. I mean, yeah, some rain here and there is fine, but not every day.

However, in spite of all of that, even though it wasn't our best trip, it was still a good trip! The decorations were amazing, as always, and we did a few things that were firsts for us, which I will share in this TR! We did have a great time, we weren't moping around the parks or anything!

So I hope you will join me in this adventure through sickness, boredom (DH, NOT me! :rotfl:) and Disney holiday magic! Looking forward to sharing this trip with my wonderful DIS friends and meeting new ones along the way! :goodvibes

Subbing! We were there from December 9-12 (TR link in signature), and you're right about the rain. I live here, and it was unseasonably wet. UGH!

Can't wait to hear all about your holiday trip!

I'm in popcorn:: am having withdrawal symptoms from Disney, esp Christmas ones too :teeth:

I'm here!!!! :yay::yay: Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Yay, you're first, glad you're here! :cool1:

Joining in !! Reading the other TR as well !!

:welcome: Thanks for joining!

Hi Nikki, happy you're here! :banana:

Subbing! We were there from December 9-12 (TR link in signature), and you're right about the rain. I live here, and it was unseasonably wet. UGH!

Can't wait to hear all about your holiday trip!

:welcome: Thanks for joining! I thought December was supposed to have no rain! :rotfl: I will definitely join your TR as soon as I get home from work, I'm supposed to be out the door right now, actually...:laughing:

Looking forward to reading!

Yay, glad to have you here! :)

I'm here!

Woo hoo, glad you're here! :woohoo:

I'm in popcorn:: am having withdrawal symptoms from Disney, esp Christmas ones too :teeth:

Hi! OMG I'm having some serious withdrawal symptoms right now too, it's weird, I didn't feel like this after our October trip, but this trip...I just want to go back now! :laughing:

I'm here. I'm trying to hold off on starting my Dec TR until I finish Oct's but by then it might be time for January!

You know how you plan trips in your head..
well I read trip reports to get me through to my next one.

We can not go until December 2013 (which is forever in my book)
so I try to read everything possible regarding the same week (or thereabout)

Never been during the christmas season. Last time we went was during Halloween and that was only last year.

The upcoming trip will be ONLY my 4th.

I look forward to all your adventures.

PS- have you ever looked into a cruise-- NOT a disney cruise-- just a regular cruise

Here I am :wave2: !!!!!

Yay, glad to have you along! :cool1:

Woo hoo, happy you're here! :woohoo:

I'm here. I'm trying to hold off on starting my Dec TR until I finish Oct's but by then it might be time for January!

Welcome, glad you're here! I'm not sure how well writing 2 TR's at once is going to go, but if I waited to finish my October one, I wouldn't be starting this one until like, April! You might as well just start yours now! :laughing:

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Welcome, thanks for joining! :banana:

You know how you plan trips in your head..
well I read trip reports to get me through to my next one.

We can not go until December 2013 (which is forever in my book)
so I try to read everything possible regarding the same week (or thereabout)

Never been during the christmas season. Last time we went was during Halloween and that was only last year.

The upcoming trip will be ONLY my 4th.

I look forward to all your adventures.

PS- have you ever looked into a cruise-- NOT a disney cruise-- just a regular cruise

Welcome! I'm glad I have the DIS to keep me busy between trips, I don't know what I'd do without TR's!

December is a great time to go, the parks are decorated so beautifully, and the crowds were pretty low! :thumbsup2

I have looked into Disney cruises, but not regular ones...I feel like if I ever go on a cruise, I'd rather start with a Disney cruise! I really want to do the Alaska one, but it's super expensive! :eek:

I'm here! Looking forward to hearing about this one!

Yay, glad to have you here! :dance3:

I'm going to try hopefully do my first update tonight, but if for some reason I don't, I definitely will tomorrow! :thumbsup2

I have looked into Disney cruises, but not regular ones...I feel like if I ever go on a cruise, I'd rather start with a Disney cruise! I really want to do the Alaska one, but it's super expensive! :eek:

I wish I could afford the disney cruises--- but I can take 3 7 day cruises for the price of one 4 day disney cruise.
Even the cruise to nowhere for 2 days is uber expensive.

we just sailed the Pride in a balcony cabin for 3 of us for 1477. total

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter