Just Pretend the Raindrops are Snowflakes!~A 12/11 TR! *Trip Wrap Up! Pg 21, 2/23!*

Those bowls from WS are so adorable (sorry I'm a little behind)

oh my gosh love the alfredo dish at POP and the cheesecake, yum!! :goodvibes

YAY for going on a ride by yourself!! :cool1: I had to do it when I went with my family a few years ago, because no one would ride RnR or ToT with me!!

Your castle pictures are BEAUTIFUL!! I wish my camera would take a picture anywhere close to that!!

I hope your head started to feel better!!

The holidays at DL are awesome! I wish I could go to both of them to compare as its been so long since I've been to WDW at the holidays I don't really remember them!

If you decide to make a trip to DL and Brandon doesn't want to join you let me know and I will meet you there! Unfortunately it would mean a flight on your own though...

I flew for the first time on my 1999 trip to WDW that was with my family.. the next time was to a convention 1.5 years late by myself... I think I have flown more often myself than with anyone... now I just bring my kindle and my phone and I play games or read... I'm at my destination before I know it!

Christmas at DL looks awesome, I hope we get to go sometime! I love that they have real reindeer at DL!

Haha, there's no way I could go to DL without Brandon, he actually wants to go there, more than WDW, because it's something different, and he wants to see CA! We're possibly thinking of going this Fall, but we really don't know! :confused3

I've flown alone before, years ago, I actually flew to CA by myself to visit a friend, and I almost had a panic attack and ran off the plane! :laughing: Somehow I made it, so I know I could do it if I had to, but it makes me nervous!

Jen - what'ch you talkin' about (willis)! (sorry, couldn't resist. Am I showing my age?) Your castle and firework pictures turned out really nice. I love the one with the castle and the three bursts behind it. I'm too lazy to cut and paste it!

Bummer on the headache front.

It never occurred to me to climb the treehouse at night. I am SO doing that in June. I really enjoyed all your pictures this update!

Thanks! I really like that picture too! But the ones I took of just the castle with the lights on are not so good. The color is all wrong. Oh well, I'm sure it's not the last time I'll go to Disney for the holidays, right! :laughing:

Yep. I'm so sick of having headaches at Disney. I'm just happy it happened at the end of our night, instead of the middle of the day.

I love the treehouse at night, I love how you can look out over the whole park, practically! :lovestruc

Great updates! Good for you for taking a solo trip on the Peoplemover! I haven't been brave enough to go on a ride alone, yet, although Miguel does it at DHS since I won't do ToT. :laughing: I have a feeling I'll be doing a little bit of that on our upcoming trip though, because I fell in love with the drawing class, but Miguel hated it! So he can go do ToT and I'll do the class. ;)

I found out that being right in front of the castle isn't the best spot for Wishes, too. Your pictures turned out great, though! I especially love the last one! I have yet to figure out how to get even ONE decent fireworks picture with my camera. :headache:

Oh no! I'm so sorry you got a migraine! I am very prone to headaches, so I can sympathize. Even though you want to enjoy yourself, it is really hard to do any rides when your head is pounding. :sick: I hope you felt better the next day!

I'm glad I was finally brave enough to do a ride alone, some people do it all the time and it's nothing to them, but to someone like me, it's a big deal! :laughing: I can't believe Miguel doesn't like the drawing class, it's so much fun! I don't think Brandon loved it either, but he would do it again!

I really like standing off to the side, near Adventureland, to see the fireworks, or of course, at the end of Main Street! But sometimes you can't always get those good spots, so you have to just take what you can get! Does your camera have a fireworks setting? I actually don't like my fireworks setting, I think I use one of my night settings for fireworks. I wish I had a real camera so I could get really great pictures! Someday!

I'm really prone to headaches too, and I knew going on BTMRR was a bad idea! I was just hoping I might be wrong or something! If it was earlier in the day, I'd try to fight it, but since it was so late, there was no point, it was best to just go to bed and start over the next day!

The pictures you took of the castle were pretty good!!! Even though some of them were blurry, they are still pretty good :)

I hate bumpy rides because they almost always result in getting a headache or migraine!

I love swiss family robinson house! It's just so pretty and serene! :)

Thanks! I really should stop taking pictures of the fireworks and just enjoy them! Maybe I'll do that on my May trip! Just watch Wishes and Illuminations without a camera! :scared1:

If I don't have the beginning of a headache, I'm usually ok on a bumpy ride, but since it was already starting, it just made it worse! Ughh!

I love the Swiss Family Treehouse too! I hope they don't ever get rid of it, it's so cool, going up into a tree! :cool1:

Those bowls from WS are so adorable (sorry I'm a little behind)

oh my gosh love the alfredo dish at POP and the cheesecake, yum!! :goodvibes

YAY for going on a ride by yourself!! :cool1: I had to do it when I went with my family a few years ago, because no one would ride RnR or ToT with me!!

Your castle pictures are BEAUTIFUL!! I wish my camera would take a picture anywhere close to that!!

I hope your head started to feel better!!

Aren't they so cute! Don't worry, I did really close updates, so you're not behind at all!

I loved all the food at Pop, it was so good! :thumbsup2

I'm not sure if I could do ToT or RnRC alone! I should try, get over my fear! It's not like those rides scare me, it's more sitting with strangers that makes me nervous! :laughing:

Thanks! I really do love my camera, but it was making me mad that night! I wish I knew more about the settings! I'll have to read the user guide before our May trip! And I think your camera takes nice pictures, you have great pics in your TR! :thumbsup2

When in doubt, go to Epcot!

Tuesday 12/13

Hi everyone! Welcome to our last full day of the trip! Usually I'd be sad to start writing about the last day, but I'm ready for this TR to be over! I know it's not one of my better ones, probably because I'm not really excited to keep saying "yep, still sick. Yep, still raining." :rotfl: So I apologize for updating so much, if it's hard to keep up with, I'm sorry, I just want to get this finished!

Since I took NyQuil the night before, I managed to sleep a little later than I would on a Disney trip, until about 9! Luckily, I woke up migraine free, but not sore throat free, so I had to pop more Advil. When Brandon woke up, I asked him what he wanted to do today. We had the Candlelight Processional later that night, and our dinner ADR for our package was early, at like, 4 or something, so we had to be in Epcot around 3:30. We didn't know if we should do a park or not, maybe we'd go to Downtown Disney, or just hang out at Pop...

Who am I kidding? When in doubt, go to Epcot! It's kind of become our rule at Disney. Epcot is pretty much my home when I'm there.

We weren't in any rush to get there, though, we took our time getting ready, and then going to Everything Pop for breakfast. Brandon wanted an omelet, and I didn't know what I wanted, so I just got an omelet too, even though I wasn't really in the mood for it.

IMG_1024.jpg

Mine was ham and cheese, which is always what I get when I get an omelet, and Brandon's was something weird, something with mushrooms and spinach maybe? I didn't write it in my notes, but I know he loved it!

We arrived at Epcot around 10:30, and when we got there, I was annoyed by what I saw.

P1010703.jpg

A beautiful, blue sky!

"Figures, our last day here, and it's not going to rain. (Insert a long rant of non Dis-friendly words here! :rolleyes1)"

Instead of being bitter about the lovely blue sky in front of me, I tried to be happy that we would get to enjoy our last day in the sun and the warmth, because I knew when we got back to CT tomorrow, we were in for some cold weather.

P1010707.jpg

Aww, Bambi! I'll see you at the Flower and Garden Festival!

We went straight to the Land to get Soarin' FP's for later when we came back for the Candlelight Processional, since the return times were already so late.

P1010709.jpg

P1010710.jpg

I couldn't believe the return time was THAT late! Still, I guess it's better than no FP's right?

We didn't know what to do next, so we went over the the Seas with Nemo. That's always cute, and there's never a wait...

P1010715.jpg

Wait a minute! The line was out the door, all the way outside! What? We got in line and stood there for a few minutes, then Brandon kind of whispered "I don't want to wait this long for this ride" like if someone heard him say that, he'd get in trouble! So we just casually got out of line and headed back to the middle of Future World.

We went over to Test Track, and it was a 45 minute wait, so that was out. I guess, since we were failing at basically everything in Future World, maybe move on to World Showcase, maybe we'll have more success there!

We made our way over to one of our favorites, Norway!

P1010723.jpg

And what do you know, Maelstrom was a walk on, woo hoo! :woohoo:

P1010726.jpg

I love that part on the boat where you back up and you can see outside, I've always wanted to get a picture, but I never bothered until that ride! Yay!

I love Maelstrom, it's always so much fun! I feel bad, just running through the theater and not watching the movie though! But at least they caught on and leave the doors open now, waiting for those doors to open so you could leave was like torture sometimes! :rotfl:

We checked out the shop with all the cute Norway merchandise in it. They have really adorable country specific shirts now, I really liked this one:

P1010730.jpg

We left, and walked by the bakery. It's one of those places I always wanted to go, but never did. So even though I wasn't that hungry yet, I grabbed Brandon's arm and said "let's go here!" I put it off every trip, and enough was enough. I had to finally try the famous school bread!

Brandon ordered while I went outside and snagged us the last available table. A few minutes later, he arrived with my school bread:

IMG_1025.jpg

and a cloudberry horn for himself:

IMG_1026.jpg

I could not wait to try this! I've heard people rave about this on the DIS for so long, and I was finally about to eat one!

And...it was ok. Don't be mad at me, but I was expecting a lot more. It had a good taste, but it was so dry! I was happy when I got to the custard in the middle, because the bread was so dry, it was kind of unpleasant eating it. Unless it was because my mouth was already so dry from being sick, that might have been part of it. I just wasn't impressed. Maybe I had it built up in my mind too much, I don't know. I'm glad I finally tried one, but I'll probably get something from France the next time I want a pastry.

(Oh yes, and Brandon loved his cloudberry horn. :thumbsup2)

We started walking back towards Future World, and there was a band out at Mexico, playing Christmas music!

P1010733.jpg

As we walked up, they were playing "Feliz Navidad!" It was so cool, hearing that and being "in" Mexico! Ahhh, Disney, everything you do is so perfect!

We watched for a few minutes, then continued walking. I was getting really tired, so we decided to go back to Pop to rest before we had to be back for the Candlelight Processional, but we wanted to check Test Track again. Still too long. Oh well. It's gonna be a long time before I ride TT again, since it will be closed on our May trip!

We went back to the car, and drove back to Pop so I could rest. I was getting really annoyed with being sick, it was sucking the energy right out of me. As much as I hate leaving Disney, I was glad we were only there for a short trip at that point, because it was obvious I wasn't going to feel better anytime soon, so I was almost ready to go home. :confused3

Still, we had our Rose and Crown dinner to look forward to, and the CP, AND my wonderful Illuminations, so I tried for the 10,000th time of that trip to just ignore the sickness and focus on having a good time!

Up next...the Candlelight Processional and more Epcot!

Hahaha I know what you mean when you say you weren't in the mood for an omelette. Okay, well personally I am never in the mood for an omelette because I don't like them, but I know what you mean IN GENERAL. :laughing:

Bambi! How precious. What the heck with the long lines? On a Tuesday? In mid December? Weird! Ew!

Aw, sorry you didn't enjoy your school bread! Now I don't feel so bad, because I don't like coconut, so I would never get that anyway. But at least now I don't feel like I'm missing much haha.

Boo! I'm sad they're closing Test Track. :(

I have to agree with you on the schoolbread! We tried it a couple of years back and I found it super dry. I thought maybe we just hit it on a bad day, but I've never tried it again!

Jen - I predict that your next trip you are going to be 100% healthy! It is terrible to do the Disney thing when you don't feel 100% and you really did have a lot of great moments this trip.

Holy crowds at Epcot. I remember it being crowded for us, but not quite that bad. Lovely pictures of Norway and I love the picture from the back of the boat. I need to try that. Thanks for the tip.

Can't wait to read about the CP since we did not see it this trip!

Yay for the sunny skies on your last day! I know what you mean though about being annoyed by it because that's exactly how I felt last year when we had those 2 days of nonstop rain. It was definitely nice having a beautiful day but why couldn't it be like that the whole time?

Have you ever used the single rider line? It really is great for rides like Test Track if you don't want to wait a long time (and don't mind riding separately).

haha, that troll shirt is cute!

I'm really sorry you woke up still feeling sick! My 2009 trip I got a cold and I think it lasted the whole 10 days!! My first trip to DL I got a cold in the middle of the trip and that one lasted over 2 weeks!

I am doing whatever it takes not to get sick in October! Airborne, Emergen-C! Vitamins.. I want to taste all the yummy goodness not feel like I need to go use the restroom to blow my nose just for the hopes of tasting one bite before I am all stuffed up again!

DL is awesome! At least I thought so... I know some people say its not all that but I've had some great times! I may even get a Premier pass next year but we will see how our finances are going come October...

I totally get what you're saying about wanting your TR to be over - am feeling the same way about mine!

Am glad you were feeling better and of course you had to go to Epcot! :rotfl:

Wow at the time of Soarin FP but you are right - better then having no FP :thumbsup2

I've been hearing more bad reviews of the school bread recently so I wouldn't worry about it.

You know, I'm really nervous because when we had school bread in 2010, it was AMAZING. Now, people that have gone recently said that they have changed the recipe.... That could be the reason it wasn't so great but I did see that another reader said it was dry like that several years ago... Maybe it depends on whether you get it fresh or whether it's been sitting out for a while? Maybe it depends on the chef that made it? :confused3

I'm glad you guys finally had some sunshine, even if it was the LAST day!

Hahaha I know what you mean when you say you weren't in the mood for an omelette. Okay, well personally I am never in the mood for an omelette because I don't like them, but I know what you mean IN GENERAL. :laughing:

Bambi! How precious. What the heck with the long lines? On a Tuesday? In mid December? Weird! Ew!

Aw, sorry you didn't enjoy your school bread! Now I don't feel so bad, because I don't like coconut, so I would never get that anyway. But at least now I don't feel like I'm missing much haha.

Boo! I'm sad they're closing Test Track. :(

Haha, I'm so weird when it comes to eating, I have to be in certain moods to eat certain things. :laughing: Brandon doesn't get that, he can eat whatever, whenever, but...not me!

I know, it was strange that the lines were so long, it didn't actually seem that crowded! :confused3

The school bread was ok, but from the way people talk about it on the DIS, I thought I'd be in love with it! I love coconut. I love custard. But the bread part was just not good. Oh well. I don't like the cream cheese pretzel in MK either, and everyone loves that! :confused3

I'm sad they're closing TT too, but it really needs an update! I just wish they were closing it after my May trip! :laughing:

I have to agree with you on the schoolbread! We tried it a couple of years back and I found it super dry. I thought maybe we just hit it on a bad day, but I've never tried it again!

I'm glad you agree about the school bread! I thought everyone was going to think I was crazy for not liking it! :rotfl: It is really dry, I suppose it's possible we both tried it on bad days, but...I don't really have any desire to try it again either! :laughing:

Jen - I predict that your next trip you are going to be 100% healthy! It is terrible to do the Disney thing when you don't feel 100% and you really did have a lot of great moments this trip.

Holy crowds at Epcot. I remember it being crowded for us, but not quite that bad. Lovely pictures of Norway and I love the picture from the back of the boat. I need to try that. Thanks for the tip.

Can't wait to read about the CP since we did not see it this trip!

Thank you! I hope you are right! :thumbsup2 We did have a lot of great moments, but it was aggravating, being so tired, and my throat hurting and everything, and it was really starting to get to my by our last day. :cool1:

It didn't seem crowded when we were walking around, but the lines were really long! I guess everyone wanted to go on Soarin and TT at the same time! :rotfl:

I love looking out over Norway from the boat, I can't wait to see what kind of pictures you will get!

Yay for the sunny skies on your last day! I know what you mean though about being annoyed by it because that's exactly how I felt last year when we had those 2 days of nonstop rain. It was definitely nice having a beautiful day but why couldn't it be like that the whole time?

Have you ever used the single rider line? It really is great for rides like Test Track if you don't want to wait a long time (and don't mind riding separately).

haha, that troll shirt is cute!

I've seriously had enough of the rain at Disney! My next couple of trips better be bright and sunny the whole time! Yours too, I think we both deserve it! :cool1:

I've never done the single rider line, but now that I'm brave and can ride things alone, I might give it a try if there is a really long line on something! I think I'd be ok with TT, but something like RnRC might be awkward, you have to sit so close to the person next to you! :rotfl:

Isn't that troll shirt adorable? :thumbsup2

I'm really sorry you woke up still feeling sick! My 2009 trip I got a cold and I think it lasted the whole 10 days!! My first trip to DL I got a cold in the middle of the trip and that one lasted over 2 weeks!

I am doing whatever it takes not to get sick in October! Airborne, Emergen-C! Vitamins.. I want to taste all the yummy goodness not feel like I need to go use the restroom to blow my nose just for the hopes of tasting one bite before I am all stuffed up again!

DL is awesome! At least I thought so... I know some people say its not all that but I've had some great times! I may even get a Premier pass next year but we will see how our finances are going come October...

Getting sick was so annoying! You know what's even more annoying, I did all that stuff before my trip...took vitamin C, washed my hands like crazy...it didn't help! I was just destined to be sick, I guess! :confused3 Lame. My next few trips better be sickness free and rain free! :dance3:

I think I will love DL, I know it's smaller than WDW, but I don't think that will bother me. I really want to see the first Disney park, the park that Walt actually walked in, and brought his family to. I'd LOVE to get a Premier pass, but Brandon will not be going for any kind of AP's again any time soon! :rotfl2:

I totally get what you're saying about wanting your TR to be over - am feeling the same way about mine!

Am glad you were feeling better and of course you had to go to Epcot! :rotfl:

Wow at the time of Soarin FP but you are right - better then having no FP :thumbsup2

I've been hearing more bad reviews of the school bread recently so I wouldn't worry about it.

Haha, OMG I can't wait to finish up this TR, I'm definitely getting it done next week! If I had time for an update now I'd do it, but it's already too late! I considered not doing a TR for this trip, I was just going to do highlights from it in my October TR, I should have just done that! Oh well!

Of course we have to go Epcot! It's only my favorite place in the world! :lovestruc

That's so weird, I never read anything bad about the school bread! I'll have to check out the dining reports more, I always forget about them! :rotfl:

You know, I'm really nervous because when we had school bread in 2010, it was AMAZING. Now, people that have gone recently said that they have changed the recipe.... That could be the reason it wasn't so great but I did see that another reader said it was dry like that several years ago... Maybe it depends on whether you get it fresh or whether it's been sitting out for a while? Maybe it depends on the chef that made it? :confused3

I'm glad you guys finally had some sunshine, even if it was the LAST day!

I'm assuming the school bread was pretty fresh, since WS just opened when we got there...unless it was left over from the night before or something! :laughing: I don't know, whatever the problem was, I didn't really like it and don't feel the need to try it again! :confused3 Which is fine, because I HAVE to get something from the France bakery next time, that's something else I always put off doing!

It was nice to finally have some sun, but don't be fooled...it doesn't last! :rotfl2:

I'm assuming the school bread was pretty fresh, since WS just opened when we got there...unless it was left over from the night before or something! :laughing: I don't know, whatever the problem was, I didn't really like it and don't feel the need to try it again! :confused3 Which is fine, because I HAVE to get something from the France bakery next time, that's something else I always put off doing!

It was nice to finally have some sun, but don't be fooled...it doesn't last! :rotfl2:

We tried the France bakery a couple years ago and it was good but I'd like to go back and try new things. I think I had some kind of apple tart and I generally like those desserts to be warm. The one we got was served chilled so I wasn't crazy about it. The problem is that since we're always usually there during F & W, I always get stuff from those booths instead of the places that are always there. Maybe since we're going in July this year, I can actually try some of the F & W stuff!

That stinks about the rain! I was really hoping it would last for you guys!

Yay for sunny skies! Better the last day than never?

Did you ever find out why the Nemo line was so long? I'm hoping they had sections of the queue roped off because that's a lot of people waiting for clammobiles!

Norway's one of my favorite pavilions (up there with Morocco) but I feel like it doesn't get very much love? I guess the themeing isn't as intricate compared with places like Mexico or China but I really like the architecture styling. And Norway in general. Plus you can't beat the Maelstrom! Not as big a fan of the food though... :rotfl:

Oh, the TT reno. The only reno my boyfriend has shown any interest in because they might change the ride around. I do hope it's an improvement and not a Figment-esque mistake.

I love Norway!! and Maelstrom! My husbands mother was Norweigan and we always go there and spend time and ride Maelstrom :)

That stinks that TT was too busy! At least you got to get FPs for Soarin'!!! :)

I had to laugh at the fact that your last day was going to be really nice and you ranting! I can definitely see myself reacting the same way! LOL It makes you not want to leave even more!!!

Of course-- nothing like the weather clearing up when you're almost done. :headache: Sorry you were STILL sick at this point!!
Ahhh, Norway is my happy place! I swear they pump something into the air there-- nothing makes me happier than the sight of Maelstrom!!

We tried the France bakery a couple years ago and it was good but I'd like to go back and try new things. I think I had some kind of apple tart and I generally like those desserts to be warm. The one we got was served chilled so I wasn't crazy about it. The problem is that since we're always usually there during F & W, I always get stuff from those booths instead of the places that are always there. Maybe since we're going in July this year, I can actually try some of the F & W stuff!

That stinks about the rain! I was really hoping it would last for you guys!

I don't know why we never go to the France bakery, I've actually walked in a few times, and then left...I'm definitely trying something there in May! :thumbsup2

Yep. Not one day without rain. It better be bright and sunny in May! :rotfl2:

Yay for sunny skies! Better the last day than never?

Did you ever find out why the Nemo line was so long? I'm hoping they had sections of the queue roped off because that's a lot of people waiting for clammobiles!

Norway's one of my favorite pavilions (up there with Morocco) but I feel like it doesn't get very much love? I guess the themeing isn't as intricate compared with places like Mexico or China but I really like the architecture styling. And Norway in general. Plus you can't beat the Maelstrom! Not as big a fan of the food though... :rotfl:

Oh, the TT reno. The only reno my boyfriend has shown any interest in because they might change the ride around. I do hope it's an improvement and not a Figment-esque mistake.

It was nice to see the sun that morning, I was so sick of waking up to gray, miserable looking skies! Even when it seemed like it was sunny, you could see gray miserableness in the distance! :laughing:

I have no idea why Nemo was so long, maybe people were just going slow or something? I wish I remember what the posted wait time was, because I don't think it was very long! Strange! :confused3

I love the Norway pavilion! Morocco is probably my favorite too, but Norway is a close second, along with Mexico. I do like China, but for some reason, we don't spend a lot of time there. It is beautiful, though. I think we neglect it because we always go on Maelstrom, and then run by China to get somewhere else! :rotfl:

I'm hoping the TT refurb is an improvement too, although, I'm not sure how they can do what they are planning on doing with it...isn't it kind of going to be a design your own experience type of thing? I don't get it...but as long as they keep the end the same, where you're racing around the track, that's all I care about, I love that part! :cool1:

I love Norway!! and Maelstrom! My husbands mother was Norweigan and we always go there and spend time and ride Maelstrom :)

That stinks that TT was too busy! At least you got to get FPs for Soarin'!!! :)

I had to laugh at the fact that your last day was going to be really nice and you ranting! I can definitely see myself reacting the same way! LOL It makes you not want to leave even more!!!

Norway is awesome, and Maelstrom is one of my favorites! :cool1: I don't know how people don't like that ride!

Ugh, TT is always busy! We should have gotten FP's there, but then I guess we would have missed out with Soarin', so...sorry TT! I can't wait to try the new version!

Haha, yeah, I was a little annoyed that it was so nice that day! But don't worry, I get my rain later in the night! :rotfl:

Of course-- nothing like the weather clearing up when you're almost done. :headache: Sorry you were STILL sick at this point!!
Ahhh, Norway is my happy place! I swear they pump something into the air there-- nothing makes me happier than the sight of Maelstrom!!

I know, seriously, I had a feeling that would happen! :rotfl2: Ugh, yep, still sick, I was sick for a while after that, it just would not go away, I'd start to feel a little better, then feel crappy again for days! I'm glad I was ok by Christmas at least!

I love Norway! And Maelstrom is so much fun, I'd go on it over and over if I could! :lovestruc I love that store you walk through at the end with the perfume, it smells so good in there!

Jen, I'm so sorry you were still not feeling well and had so much rain during your trip. I love that "Troll Mickey" shirt--very cute.

Do not feel bad...my DH was not impressed with the school bread either (I wouldn't even taste it...I detest coconut).

Jen, I'm so sorry you were still not feeling well and had so much rain during your trip. I love that "Troll Mickey" shirt--very cute.

Do not feel bad...my DH was not impressed with the school bread either (I wouldn't even taste it...I detest coconut).

Thanks! It was annoying, being sick, and dealing with the rain, but what can you do? Just hope next time is better, I guess! :)

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't think the school bread was the best thing ever! I can't believe you don't like coconut! :scared1: I LOVE coconut, which is why I assumed I'd love the school bread!

The End, Part 1

Tuesday 12/13

I'm finally going to finish up this TR today! I'm going to do the last update in 2 posts so I can also cover departure day, because I don't want to have to come back and do a separate post for that, and it's basically nothing anyway! Then in a couple of days, I will do a wrap up/highlight update, and then this thing is DONE! :cool1:

So where were we? Ah yes, so we went back to Pop to rest, but we didn't have that long because we had to be back at Epcot by 3:50. Our CP dinner package ADR was at Rose and Crown at 3:50, so that meant we had to park and walk all the way to England by 3:50, which apparently, slipped my mind when I was getting ready. For some reason I just thought if we were in the parking lot by 3:50, we were on time. :rotfl:

P1010738.jpg

What time did we make it to England? 4:00. :scared1: I hate being late for ADR's, I always feel like I'm going to get in trouble or something! But the CM's at Rose and Crown were very nice, and they sat us right down at an awesome table by the water!

P1010739.jpg

I can see why these tables are so coveted during Illuminations, this must be an amazing place to watch from! Someday I'm going to make myself a late ADR there and try to get one of these tables.

Our server came right over and explained the whole CP dinner package process to us (with the dinner package, you get an appetizer, entrée and dessert, and of course, the Candlelight Processional sticker that guarantees you a seat, so you can skip the standby line!) and took our drink orders. I believe Brandon got a beer and I got a Coke, because I pretty much gave up on trying to drink any alcohol at that point. I'm so paranoid about mixing alcohol and any kind of medication, and I was popping Advil every 4 hours because of my throat, so I figured why bother?

We were looking at the menu to decide what to get for appetizers, and Brandon saw the Scotch Egg...which he immediately started saying how gross it sounded. (And if you don't know what it is, here is the description from Allears.net-Scotch Egg - Golden-fried Hard-boiled Egg wrapped in Sausage Meat with Mustard Sauce)

"Who would ever order that, a hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage? That sounds disgusting"

It surprised me that Brandon said that.

"I kind of assumed that when you saw that, you'd want it, it seems like something you would like."

So when our server came to get our order, what did he get? The Scotch Egg, of course!

I got the Potato and Leek soup, which I was a little unsure about at first, but it ended up being awesome!

IMG_1027.jpg

I didn't take any pictures of Brandon's Scotch Egg, but he LOVED it. He ate every single morsel off of that plate, and then called his dad to tell him about it. (Every time he eats something amazing at Disney, he calls his father to tell him about it! :rotfl:) I can't believe how much he loved that thing, he talked about it for days after we got home, and then he found a recipe and tried to make them at home! (Just for the record, he made them at home, said they were ok, but they weren't as good as the ones at Epcot because of the mustard sauce, he couldn't get that part right!)

For our entrées, Brandon got the Grilled Sirloin and Fried Fish, and I got the Sunday Roast.

IMG_1028.jpg

(Sorry, I guess I didn't take any pictures of what Brandon was eating that night!)

He liked his and ate almost everything, and mine was pretty good. I was thinking it was going to be more pot roast-y, and it was more like roast beef, which was fine, just not what I was expecting. Oh, and it came with Yorkshire Pudding, which I was so excited to try and it was AWFUL! Brandon's came with it too, and he liked his, but I don't know, it's just tasteless dough, I don't really get it! :confused3

For dessert we both got the same thing, except I don't know what it's called, and I can't find it on allears, but it was just like creme brulee, it was really good! I love creme brulee, so any time it's on a menu, I'll order it. Unless tiramisu is on the menu. Or chocolate moose from Le Cellier. :)

Overall, we loved our dinner at Rose and Crown, everything was really good (except that Yorkshire Pudding, of course!) and it was nice sitting outside by the water, I loved just looking out over the lagoon and seeing all of World Showcase. If you ever go to R&C, request a table out there!

After our dinner, we had to go use or Soarin' FP's from the morning! The Candlelight Processional show we were going to was at 6:45, so we only had a small window of time to go back to Future World and then make it over to America.

P1010746.jpg

I didn't write down how long we were in line, but you know how Soarin' goes, even when the line is short, it still takes while! I'm glad I got to go on Soarin' one last time on this trip, it's always so much fun!

When we came out of the Land, you'll never guess what we were greeted with-RAIN! :mad:

I almost had a meltdown when we walked outside and saw rain pouring down, and everyone in their ponchos. I was really hoping it would stay dry for the Candlelight Processional, I didn't feel like sitting for 45 minutes getting soaked, especially being sick! Ugh. :sad1: In my notes, I wrote "Raining when came out of Soarin', again. That's everyday that it rained. Lame. Rain in Disney sucks."

I guess I was pretty mad about the rain to take such detailed notes about it, when I don't even take notes about what kind of dessert we had! :laughing:

Well, there was nothing we could really do but put on our stupid ponchos and go over to the theater to find some seats for the CP. We walked over to America and found seats just outside of the covered part of the pavilion. It figures. I'm sure if we went down there, we could have found seats somewhere, but at that point, I didn't care anymore, what difference would it have made, I was already wet and miserable. I just wanted to try to forget it and enjoy the CP. Luckily, the rain stopped when we sat down, and it would only sprinkle lightly on and off through the show, so that was good, at least!

The stage for the CP is beautiful! They have Christmas trees on either side, and the back walls are lit up and change color throughout the show. It was hard getting good pictures, because it was such a big space, and I didn't like getting people's heads in my shot, so I apologize if my pics aren't that great!

P1010750.jpg

The show started, and first the orchestra came out and played some Christmas music.

P1010758.jpg

(Oh again, I have to apologize, I didn't take any notes during the CP, so I don't remember what songs they did. I just wanted to watch and listen and not constantly be playing on my phone to take notes!)

I loved this part, it was so beautiful!

The Voices of Liberty came out next and sang a few songs-

P1010763.jpg

I wish I could remember what they sang, but I have no idea! I'm sure there is a list or program somewhere, if you are really wondering! I just remember them being great, I love the Voices of Liberty, I thought it was so cool that they were in the show!

Next the choir came on stage, with their candles. They walk in through the audience and take their places on stage, so it takes a few minutes for all of those people to get into place!

P1010764.jpg

P1010770.jpg

And finally, our narrator for the night came out, Lorraine Bracco!

P1010773.jpg

(Before she started reading, she said how happy she was to be there, and how it was her first time in Disney World...how is that possible that she's never been to Disney World??? :scared1:)

For those of you who have never been to the CP, the narrator reads the story of Christmas. They will read a few lines or paragraphs, and then the choir will sing Christmas songs, and it goes back and forth like that through the whole show. It's really amazing.

P1010775.jpg

The song that stands out to me again, just like when we saw the carolers in the Yacht Club, was O Holy Night. It was absolutely beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes. (Brandon nudged me and told me it looked like Lorraine Bracco was even crying, because it was so moving! She did actually look like she was wiping tears away, so who knows?)

The whole Candlelight Processional was beautiful, if you like Christmas music, you should definitely see it at least once! I'm not really sure how people can bring little kids to it though, it is pretty long and I can see how it would get boring to them. It got boring for Brandon at certain points, I noticed him on his phone an awful lot :rolleyes1 but I can understand that if you're not totally into it. I thought Lorraine Bracco was a good narrator, she was really into the Christmas songs, she was singing a lot and kind of swaying along to the music. I'm glad we finally saw it, I've been wanting to for years, but we always went too early in November. I'd probably see it again, but not for a few years, it's not one of those things I'd have to do every trip, you know? But it was a great experience, it really puts you in a Christmasy mood! I wish I could remember more of the songs, but they basically did every Christmas song you can think of!

Continued in next post...

Loved the story about the Scotch Egg! That was one thing I really wanted to try during our June trip and I'm so glad I did...I was also HOOKED and even made them at home one night a few months ago. They were YUMMY! I mean hard boiled egg WRAPPED in Sausage and fried...what is not to like??? ;)

Sorry about the rain but glad it wasn't too bad. CP is truly a wonderful experience that I agree everybody should do once. We did take all 3 kids to it and they seemed to enjoy it as well. Unfortunately I don't remember as much about it because I was too busy trying to record the whole thing...and I had two cameras that were running low on battery power so I was holding both at one point, waiting for one to run out and then catching the rest with the bad one. One of these days I'll get around to piecing the whole thing together so I can watch it again...it's on my to-do list! It was Dec. 2009 after all! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter