Just Let the Man Propose Already! An Engagement Trip Report-Final Thoughts, 2/23!

I wanted to post this in my PTR but never found the time, so I'll do it now since my last update lacked pictures! These were taken right before Christmas. DF and I took the train to NYC for the day, one of our favorite things to do at the holidays. I thought I'd share our fun with my Dis friends while I work on the next Disney update :) Enjoy!!

First we went to the Central Park Zoo. It's no Animal Kingdom but it's fun to watch polar bears and monkeys in the middle of a huge city!

The polar bears got an xmas gift: A box full of honey! Pooh would be so jealous!
n9008981_38616886_3760.jpg

n9008981_38616887_3977.jpg

Monkeys get cold too! Huddling for warmth so cute!!
n9008981_38616885_3531.jpg

Then it was off to see Christmasy things!
Cartier (DF told me not to get any ideas! :lmao:)
n9008981_38616888_4203.jpg

Some ginormous ornaments:
s9008981_38616891_4911.jpg

Radio City, minus the Rockettes (I so wanna go see them next year though!)
n9008981_38616892_5144.jpg

And of course, no Christmas trip is complete without a trip to Rockefeller Center!
n9008981_38616889_4434.jpg

n9008981_38616890_4685.jpg

Time to shop, my favorite hobby!
The Hershey store, clearly a dangerous place where chocolate lovers lose their minds:
n9008981_38616893_5398.jpg

Times Square...it was SO crowded in the city that day!
n9008981_38616895_5877.jpg

Hmm, DF was...contemplating life?
n9008981_38616894_5630.jpg

Outside where Good Morning America is filmed:
n9008981_38616897_6363.jpg

Last stop, Macy's to see the best ever window displays!
n9008981_38616899_6847.jpg

Apparently this is how snow is made:
n9008981_38616900_7101.jpg

Scenes from "Miracle on 34th St"
n9008981_38616901_7343.jpg

Collapsed on the train after a fantastic day:
n9008981_38616902_7594.jpg

Some advice: never sit next to the bathroom on the Metro North. I was learning through experience in the above picture :crazy2:

The End! I hope you liked my photo trip to the city. I know I did!! Coming up next, I'll get back to the regularly scheduled trip report!!

Well it gets cold here too but nothing like CT :) Plus it's closer to WDW--about 600 miles from where we are.

Being close to WDW is a plus that I never considered, what is wrong with me?! That would be awesome!! :cool1: Where in NC do you live? DF just got back from a business trip to Greensboro the day before yesterday.

yes! It's actually 5 degrees right now! Holy cow we're in positive digits again! :rotfl:

Haha who would have thought we'd get excited over positive degrees :rotfl: I see you added a ticker into your siggy, did you book your trip?!

We're in Raleigh..about an hour and a half from Greensboro.

Those pics of NYC look very nice--I've only been to NYC a few times and found it very interesting.

Haha who would have thought we'd get excited over positive degrees :rotfl: I see you added a ticker into your siggy, did you book your trip?!

Yeah, who knew?! :laughing:

Well we haven't actually booked it, but we've decided on the day we want to leave.

Having a bird poop on you is supposed to be good luck...maybe since it happened at the start of the year he will have good luck all year long! :goodvibes

Your NYC pics were fun and very pretty!

I wanted to post this in my PTR but never found the time, so I'll do it now since my last update lacked pictures! These were taken right before Christmas. DF and I took the train to NYC for the day, one of our favorite things to do at the holidays.

Now that would be cool! To live in a place where you can just hop the train to NYC. That's my second favorite place besides Disney World. Well, I guess third favorite after Disneyland. Still, I love it there. That's were DH and I honeymooned. Connecticut is beautiful, too. My brother is living in CT, right now.

We're in Raleigh..about an hour and a half from Greensboro.

Those pics of NYC look very nice--I've only been to NYC a few times and found it very interesting.

Thanks! We love NYC...I want to move there but DF doesn't know how he feels about city living haha! So we're thinking NC instead! Not sure where yet, but I just want to live somewhere new for awhile :)

Yeah, who knew?! :laughing:

Well we haven't actually booked it, but we've decided on the day we want to leave.

That's exciting! What are the dates? Do you know where you'll stay?

Great TR! Congrats on the engagement. Can't wait to hear more.

Thanks! More is comin' right up!! :goodvibes

I bet NYC is awesome during the holidays. Thanks for sharing some pictures with us! :goodvibes

I'm glad everyone enjoyed my very random update :lmao:

Having a bird poop on you is supposed to be good luck...maybe since it happened at the start of the year he will have good luck all year long! :goodvibes

Your NYC pics were fun and very pretty!

I will tell him that he should expect some luck! That is good, we are normally not very lucky people. And thanks for your kind words :wave2:

Now that would be cool! To live in a place where you can just hop the train to NYC. That's my second favorite place besides Disney World. Well, I guess third favorite after Disneyland. Still, I love it there. That's were DH and I honeymooned. Connecticut is beautiful, too. My brother is living in CT, right now.

We have it very nice here because we live exactly half way between NYC and Boston, which we also love. It's about 1.5 hour train ride to each which isn't bad at all! What a fun place for your honeymoon! ::yes::

OK, I just wrote up a huge update and my computer decided to freeze and I lost it all! :sad: Grrrr I am so annoyed! I'm also very sleepy, but I promise I will rewrite the update and put it up tomorrow.

Congrats on the engagement! I can't wait to see these PP pics....that's awesome that they and your dad got everything as it was going on. What better place to become engaged at. One of my BFF's got engaged at Disney last Spring Break. She just knew he was gonna do it though. She told me a few weeks before. :goodvibes Still...what a great place to I can't wait to read the rest. Beautiful ring by the way!!!! :thumbsup2

I loved the NYC pics. The Central Park zoo is small but nice. I think i might have to plan a trip to NYC for our Anniversary ;) this December.

We'll be leaving here the 20th so we'll get to WDW the 22nd and we are staying at OKW. :hyper:

That's great!! What is Disney like in June? I've never been that time of year, I'm really excited. Hopefully it's not terribly hot/crowded, but I'm not too worried because your family goes that time every year so it must be good!

Congrats on the engagement! I can't wait to see these PP pics....that's awesome that they and your dad got everything as it was going on. What better place to become engaged at. One of my BFF's got engaged at Disney last Spring Break. She just knew he was gonna do it though. She told me a few weeks before. :goodvibes Still...what a great place to I can't wait to read the rest. Beautiful ring by the way!!!! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for all your kind words! It was perfect! Disney is such a popular place to get engaged, I can see why, it's so romantic! I am glad I didn't know, I'm a compulsive planner but having a surprise was nice :goodvibes

I loved the NYC pics. The Central Park zoo is small but nice. I think i might have to plan a trip to NYC for our Anniversary ;) this December.

Thank you!! I love the zoo, and it's only 8 bucks so you can't beat it! An anniversary trip to NYC would be so fun, you should definitely go for it!!

All right let’s try this again! So we had a great ride on TT and decided to head to Electric Umbrella for some lunch since it was around 2 and we were all starving! I got the cheeseburger and DF got the salad (way to make me feel healthy buddy! Haha) They were both yummy, and we stayed awhile to rest our feet. I had new sneakers and they were super uncomfortable! Very cute, but I had several blisters, so I took them off for a few and DF, the sweety that he is, gave me a little foot rub right there on the EU patio. Awww!

When we were rested, we headed over to Club Cool, it was time for DF to try the Beverly!
170481100_0037.jpg

This had been closed every time we’d tried to go there last trip. I went in and got him a cup of it, telling him how great it was, and I must be a bad liar because he saw right through me! But he tried it anyways, and here is his beautiful reaction:
170481100_0036.jpg

Too funny! I filled up on the yummy watermelon one and we were on our way to the Living Seas. I love the Nemo ride! We stuck around out front first to hear the seagulls say “mine, mine, mine”. DF got me a coffee mug with them on it that says this later in the week. I love it! I am obsessed with my morning coffee so it suits me. Here’s a picture of it:
170481100_0235-med.jpg

We rode in the cute little clamshells, then watched the manatees for a bit. I think they are fascinating. Then we watched the dolphins and sea turtles for a bit, and of course visited the little “nemos”. Like I said, I love animals, so this place is a favorite of mine. We found a hidden mickey in the tanks!
170481100_0042.jpg

After the Living Seas, we went to ride Journey into the Imagination. DBro was not too pleased about this choice, but I think it’s cute, and by this point I was done worrying about what others thought, so we rode! There is never a line, can’t beat that.

We still had plenty of time before our Soarin’ FP, so we took the boat over to WS. I was a woman on a mission: I wanted a Grand Marnier slushy after watching Samantha Brown on the travel channel rave about them! It did not disappoint; it tasted like an orange creamsicle mixed with lots of booze, yum! Haha after that we walked over to UK so the boys could get some beer, they are not hard alcohol drinkers. We sat on a bench overlooking the water for a bit, it was so relaxing.

Our next stop was Living with the Land, the teacher in me loves educational stuff and it’s a nice relaxing ride that we all love. There was no wait for that either, the crowds were very low this week so we were thrilled! The ride did not disappoint. When we were floating by Garden Grill, Chip leaned over the railing and waved to us! It was very cute, but I was too slow to catch a picture of him. Too bad! Here are some others I took though:
170481100_0061.jpg

170481100_0058.jpg

170481100_0050.jpg

After admiring the plants, we decided we were hungry again (three big guys=frequent stops for food). I was still full, so I got the kids chicken meal and that was plenty to fill me up. It came with rice and the BEST mashed potatoes. Sadly I had no room for dessert, but I intend on going back for it in June when we have DDP (I intend on taking food pics for that TR, sorry I don’t have any here!) We ate and then it was finally time for Soarin’! I was so excited! The people behind us in line were from CT, it turns out they own a bakery and do wedding cakes, so we chatted with them a bit about UConn, where I go to school and where DF and I met, and about our wedding. They said they wished they had our card to give us haha, they were in sales pitch mode but they were nice. We are definitely the types that talk to lots of strangers in Disney.
The ride was great, even though we got third row. I don’t love having everyone’s feet in my view, but I forgot about it quick. Mmm I can smell those oranges now!

At this point we were all beat. It was about 7 and we were tired from being up early and the excitement of the day (remember, this is still the proposal day hahaha) so we decided to go back to Orange Lake and relax by the pool. We wandered out to the monorail, where a CM proceeded to stare at our Just Engaged pins, ignore me, and turn to DF and start making Ball and Chain jokes to him!! I was not pleased, I have a good sense of humor but this girl was not being funny, she was being nasty and it was very un-Disney! I said this to my family loud enough so she could hear. I don’t care, it was rude and I speak my mind! Oh well, I didn’t let it get to me, I was way to happy for that!

After the quick drive home, we changed into swimsuits and went to the pool. There are 11 pools at the resort I think. We drove to the one closest to us. I spent most of my time in the hot tub, the jets did wonders on my feet! After some serious relaxation, we played shuffleboard. We are such dorks, but it was soooo fun! It was a new discovery on this trip, and we all loved it. We played it multiple nights.

The jam packed day was over, it was off to bed before another day of fun!

Up next: Morning pool time at the lazy river and DBro gets his brush with fame at DHS!!

That's great!! What is Disney like in June? I've never been that time of year, I'm really excited. Hopefully it's not terribly hot/crowded, but I'm not too worried because your family goes that time every year so it must be good!

June is wonderful! Yes it is hot, but not unbearable like July is!! And the crowds weren't too bad, but it is expected in the summer. You just can't let that ruin your vacation. :)

One of my favorite rides at Epcot is Living with the land--yes it's not much to it but hey :) it's very educational. Can't wait for Test Track :)

I LOVE the Beverly reaction shot! :rotfl: I wanted to do it on our last trip, but didn't. I am hoping to sucker my husband into trying it this time around. :thumbsup2

We love Living With the Land - such a simple ride, but it's just so enjoyable. :goodvibes

Where did you eat dinner at? Garden Grill? I don't think you really said where.

How rude of that CM to say that to your fiance! :sad2:

What kind of sneakers were you wearing? On our first trip I wore my crocs and my feet really paid for it for a LONG time after that trip. Next trip I brought my New Balance sneakers and I had NO issues. Definitely not good to try and break in a new pair while doing all that walking at Disney. Hope they didn't bother you for the rest of the trip!

we stayed awhile to rest our feet. I had new sneakers and they were super uncomfortable! Very cute, but I had several blisters, so I took them off for a few and DF, the sweety that he is, gave me a little foot rub right there on the EU patio. Awww!

May I suggest "bodyglide"....it works amazing...I wore my crocs last time and we all used the body glide...no blisters in site!!

However a foot rub is always great!

CONGRATS! I was proposed to @ Le Cellier this past August--I couldn't imagine a more perfect place then WDW for a proposal!

Can't wait to read more of your TR before I leave ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter