Just Let the Man Propose Already! An Engagement Trip Report-Final Thoughts, 2/23!

Ok so before I get started with this next update, I realized I have still been referring to Kyle as DBF, not as my FIANCE! Haha I am still getting used to that word :yay: So from now on he is just DF to avoid confusion, even though at this point in the report he was still just my boyfriend. Phew now that we have that out of the way I can continue…:rotfl:

So when I left off, we were heading over to MK. One of the best discoveries we made for this trip was AAA’s blue diamond parking. It’s a free pass you get from your local AAA office if you’re a member and it gets you closer parking at all 4 parks. There are some black out dates for certain parks, but those didn’t affect us this trip. You just show them the pass when you pay to park, and then follow the blue line on the pavement for medical parking up to the front. We got great parking almost everyday of the trip, so close they we barely ever had to use the tram, we could just walk right up to the gate. That is my useful tip of the day in case anyone staying off property didn’t know about it!

So we jump out of the van and I skip all the way to the monorail, dragging DF who is trying to look not embarrassed by my little-kid ways haha. I paused skipping to take this:
170481100_0014.jpg

There was a monorail waiting for us, perfect timing! Dad tries in vain, as usual, to recite Please stand clear of the Doors in Spanish along with the recording and has the whole monorail car laughing as he butchers it. We ended up buying him the tshirt that says this later on the trip when we were at MGM (yes, we will always call it that too!). I’ll have to take a picture of it later and post that for those of you who don’t know what I’m talking about.

We get to the MK front gates, and the park was pretty empty! We took some pictures out front and on Main Street, we were so excited that the Christmas decorations were still up and the music was still playing. We used to go every December because Christmas is our favorite time at Disney, but now with all of us in college that is tricky.
170481100_0015-med.jpg

170481100_0017_edited-med.jpg

170481100_0030_edited-med.jpg

While me, DF, and DD did that, DBro ran into Guest Services to see if Splash Mountain was running. It was supposed to be down for refurb on our trip in Jan. 08, but they closed it a few days later than planned so we still got to ride. We were hoping we would get the same luck this trip, but the CM said it was closed. We were all bummed, but we headed to Adventureland in hopes that some pirates could cheer us up ;)

On the way there, we stopped to ride Magic Carpets of Aladdin since the wait was only 5 mins. The camels on this ride were “spitting” that day, and we have a little family game on this ride: whoever is controlling the carpet’s up and down motion tries to get the other people in the carpet wet when it spits. The spitting felt pretty good to us northerners in the 80 degree heat haha. Getting spit on: :rotfl:
170481100_0021_edited-med.jpg

As we were exiting, DSis notices that some people off to the side of the ride were soaking wet; far too wet to have been the victims of just some spitting camels. They were drenched! She points them out to me, and we put two and two together: Splash Mountain must be open! All six of us break into a run as we cut over to Frontierland, only to be stopped by-the afternoon parade! Eek! We were practically bodychecking people to cross the street before the next float came by. Sorry people, we were on a mission. DBro starts jumping up and down and yelling when we finally reach Splash and see that it is in fact running! While we all jumped in stand by, he headed to get FPs so we could ride again later in the day. We didn’t really need them though, the line never went much past 30 mins. I just love this one, I sing and clap and scream a lot on that final drop. Self picture on SM:
170481100_0022-med.jpg

170481100_0023-med.jpg

We were so excited about our luck, two years in a row! After getting our SM fix, we went to HM, my second favorite ride, and then finally made it to Pirates.

Since the lines were so short, the rest of the day was a bit of a blur since we road so much. After Pirates, we hopped the railroad to Tomorrowland and got Space Mntn FPs and rode the Peoplemover. DF said to me as soon as we got on “I love this ride, I think it goes so unappreciated”. Tinkgurl, it made me think of you and your family and how often you ride it! I told him about you and how much you love peoplemover he asked if we could ride it at least 3 more times that night lol! It’s so relaxing and I love getting the inside view of the other TL rides.

After that we rode Buzz quick. I rode with DD and he beat me by 30,000, but I kicked his butt at Toy Story Mania later in the week so it’s ok! Then we did the Indy Speedway, one of DBros favs, although it has lost its thrill for me since I got my license 6 years ago haha. People were bumping so much that night (DBro included!). That plus the gasoline fumes left me with a headache! We headed to Cosmic Rays so I could get some Diet Coke (I’m an addict of that too!) and some food to feel better. I had my annual Disney hot dog, I don’t know what it is about those, I just love em! Jeez this report is really highlighting how unhealthy I am haha! You will see I ate very badly on this trip, but my excuse later in the week was that after the trip I have to lose weight for my wedding, gotta enjoy the good food while I can!

After dinner our Space FPs were good, so we used those then rode standby since the line was so short. DBro decided to sprint up the moving belt as we exited and make funny faces in the TV screens. He had us cracking up, people were giving him the weirdest looks! After that, we headed toward the exit since it was almost closing time, but on the way we stopped to take some pictures of the Icicle lights on the castle. We were so excited that they were still lit! In my last (sadly abbreviated do to lack of time!) TR, I mentioned that DF’s memory card in his camera erased half of his pictures out of the blue last trip and all the ones of the Icicle Lights were lost, so we were so happy to recreate them. We also stopped and got some Photopass pics. I’m ordering the CD later in the week and I’ll post all of those in this TR as soon as they come in! Sorry this one is blurry, I don’t have the steadiest hand!
170481100_0027_edited-med.jpg

We didn’t want to stay for Wishes this night since we were so tired from traveling so we watched it from the monorail line. I’m a sap and it made me tear up even from the monorail! Earlier in the day we found a super quick access road from Orange Lake to Disney. It never had any traffic all week, so within 5 mins we were back at our Villa. I stayed awake just long enough for the bellman to bring us our bags so I could change into PJs, then passed out. We had to be up early again for our 8:05 Crystal Palace ADR. I feel asleep in minutes, with visions of our fun week ahead!:)

Ok, so funny story to hold everyone over until the engagement part: DF didn’t know exactly how he was gonna propose going into this trip. He knew he wanted to do it in Disney, but didn’t know where. So, this entire day at MK? He had the ring in his pocket!! He was waiting for the perfect moment. I had no clue it was sitting there in his cargo pants hahaha! Stay tuned to find out when he finally found that moment (and yes, it was perfect!):cloud9:

Up Next: More MK, you FINALLY get the story behind my title (YAY!), and DF meets the Beverly at Epcot!

Oooo I just noticed your ticker! First stay on property, I am so excited for you! Our first time staying on was also at Riverside, we LOVE it there! I hope you do too :goodvibes

Thanks :goodvibes We're really excited about it. My husband is in the military so we're taking advantage of the great deals Disney is offering us this year.

Very cool about getting to ride on Splash Mountain afterall! :cheer2:

I've never been on the TTA - people mover. That's top of my list for this upcoming trip. :thumbsup2

I so would love to see the icicle lights on the castle someday. Can't wait to see your photopass picutres!

When you're at Disney World, you're suppose to eat whenever you want - it's a rule. ;)

Can't wait to hear all about the proposal. :goodvibes

popcorn::

I got engaged at Mickeys Very Merry Xmas Party in Dec 07. It was great. I can only imagine how you feel! Congrats! :cheer2:

Hooray that Splash Mountain was open!! That's my favorite ride, too. Maybe the CMs telling people it was closed is what kept the lines short ... they should do that more often ...

Thank you!! Yay I'm so glad you found me! DBF and I are going for the first time, just the two of us, June 6-13. I will be finishing Grad school in May so we're celebrating in Disney :) Will you be there? I know from reading your TRs that you go in June too. That would be so cool if we were there at the same time!!

Yep, I found you! :goodvibes That will be so exciting going just the two of you. Me and my DBF can't wait! We're saving our money now to try and go Spring Break of 2010. That's so great you're finishing Grad School! I'll have my Bachelor's in December and then I'll start on my Masters. I can't wait to be done already! :laughing: I'll let you know when we figure out exact dates. That would be awesome if we were there during the same time!:)

Congrats on getting engaged! I'm really excited to read your trip report.:goodvibes

Thanks! I'm excited to write more, I want to get a lot of it done before class starts again for the semester!

I'm in too.:thumbsup2

Thanks for reading!

I see you had a Disneymoon! I need pointers, I want to start planning one!

Thanks :goodvibes We're really excited about it. My husband is in the military so we're taking advantage of the great deals Disney is offering us this year.

That is awesome! Im glad you could get a good deal!! :thumbsup2

Very cool about getting to ride on Splash Mountain afterall! :cheer2:

I've never been on the TTA - people mover. That's top of my list for this upcoming trip. :thumbsup2

I so would love to see the icicle lights on the castle someday. Can't wait to see your photopass picutres!

When you're at Disney World, you're suppose to eat whenever you want - it's a rule. ;)

Can't wait to hear all about the proposal. :goodvibes

Haha it's funny you say that because I also ate one of the Mickey ice cream sandwiches you have as your picture! They are sooo good!

Splash being open was a huge deal to us since we love it so much :)

popcorn::

I got engaged at Mickeys Very Merry Xmas Party in Dec 07. It was great. I can only imagine how you feel! Congrats! :cheer2:

Thanks! What a great place to be engaged! I looove MVMCP, we used to go all the time and I miss it so much!

Hooray that Splash Mountain was open!! That's my favorite ride, too. Maybe the CMs telling people it was closed is what kept the lines short ... they should do that more often ...

I never thought of that! I was so surprised they were wrong, but very happy about it haha

Yep, I found you! :goodvibes That will be so exciting going just the two of you. Me and my DBF can't wait! We're saving our money now to try and go Spring Break of 2010. That's so great you're finishing Grad School! I'll have my Bachelor's in December and then I'll start on my Masters. I can't wait to be done already! :laughing: I'll let you know when we figure out exact dates. That would be awesome if we were there during the same time!:)

What are you getting your degrees in? I'm getting mine in Special Ed, I cannot wait to be done and to be able to teach!!

I hope spring break works out for you and your DBF next year that would be so fun! I can't wait for June to get here, I have never been that time of year.

And wow the castle looks beautiful with the lights for Christmas! :cloud9:

More pics of them to come!

What are you getting your degrees in? I'm getting mine in Special Ed, I cannot wait to be done and to be able to teach!!

That is so great you're doing Special Ed. It takes a special kind of person to want to do that and have the patience to do that. I know you'll do great. :) I'm getting my Bachelor's with a major in Psychology and a minor in Sociology. I'm getting my Master's in career counseling. I basically want to be the academic advisor that helps students plan their major and classes they need to take.

I can't wait for June to get here, I have never been that time of year.

I can't wait for June either! I hope we're there the same time. I let you know when we get official dates. I hope it's the same as it was this past trip. As you can tell, I wore my zip-up hoodie a lot of nights because I got cold! It was great.

Wow..this is some TR...Congrats on becoming engaged. When in June are you going? We're going June 16th-25th..not sure where we're staying but have narrowed it down.

OMG I LOVE Splash Mountain...rode it for the first time in 1995 and well I loved it. It's very fun and that little unexpected surprise :) For those who have ridden know what I'm talking about!!!

I can't believe your Fiance carried the ring around with him....I would have been so scared of losing it or something!:scared1: I can't wait to here how he finally got to askin'!....its so exciting!popcorn::

Haha it's funny you say that because I also ate one of the Mickey ice cream sandwiches you have as your picture! They are sooo good!

Let's just say I had more than one on the last trip. :rolleyes1 And I plan to have a few more on our next. :woohoo:

That is so great you're doing Special Ed. It takes a special kind of person to want to do that and have the patience to do that. I know you'll do great. :) I'm getting my Bachelor's with a major in Psychology and a minor in Sociology. I'm getting my Master's in career counseling. I basically want to be the academic advisor that helps students plan their major and classes they need to take.

I can't wait for June either! I hope we're there the same time. I let you know when we get official dates. I hope it's the same as it was this past trip. As you can tell, I wore my zip-up hoodie a lot of nights because I got cold! It was great.

Aww thanks! I love special ed, it's so rewarding and my students melt my heart. I miss them, I go back to student teaching on Tuesday! When do you start the semester? Thats so great that you are studying counseling, that sounds really interesting! I'm sure you'll be great at it! I hope our trips are at the same time, we could double date with our boys disney style haha!

Wow..this is some TR...Congrats on becoming engaged. When in June are you going? We're going June 16th-25th..not sure where we're staying but have narrowed it down.

OMG I LOVE Splash Mountain...rode it for the first time in 1995 and well I loved it. It's very fun and that little unexpected surprise :) For those who have ridden know what I'm talking about!!!

Thanks! We will be there June 6-13th, staying at All star movies. It'll be our first time there and I'm excited, I don't mind the values and it looks so cute! Too bad we will just miss you! Where are you thinking of staying?? I love trip planning :)

I'm in for your report. Congrats! How exciting! Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks so much! I should have more up tomorrow hopefully!

I can't believe your Fiance carried the ring around with him....I would have been so scared of losing it or something!:scared1: I can't wait to here how he finally got to askin'!....its so exciting!popcorn::

After the initial shock of the proposal, he revealed that little secret and my first words were "OMG why did you do that you could have lost my ring!" :eek: Haha if I had known I would have freaked out, my mom had no idea but she said if she'd known she woulda made him leave it in the room! :rotfl:

Let's just say I had more than one on the last trip. :rolleyes1 And I plan to have a few more on our next. :woohoo:
Omg I know they are sooo good! I woulda had more but I tried so many snacks that I didn't have enough room! Between trying a dole whip, getting those bags of sugared almonds, and all of the yummy bakeries in Epcot (just to name a few!) I still got plenty of junk on the trip hahaha

Nice update. :surfweb:
Are you writing the next part?
It's okay i'll wait, i'm patient.....popcorn::
Can't wait to hear about the engagement.:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter