Just Let the Man Propose Already! An Engagement Trip Report-Final Thoughts, 2/23!

Ok, so in my previous update I promised that I would sum up the TR and post my final thoughts, but instead I jumped right into the PTR for our next vacation. :rotfl:

Backing up a little, here is my final update:

First of all, my thoughts on Orange Lake. It was our first time staying here, and I meant to talk about it more during the TR but never did. While this place was very beautiful, villa was very bright and clean, etc., we decided that we will not be staying here again. If we do stay off site in the future, it it will be Vistana. I hated having to drive everywhere, even to the pool or the market, at this resort. And the customer service was terrible. We tried calling for extra towels one day-it took three calls (we kept being disconnected) and 20 minutes on the phone to be told we'd be charged 7 dollars a towel! We also blew a fuse in the bathroom one morning, and we were scolded by the front desk for using two blowdryers at once (eeek!) and it took two more phone calls and 10 hours before someone come to fix it!! Those are just a couple examples, but the list goes on and on...no offense to anyone who likes it here, but we were not big fans!

All right, enough of the negative stuff! That was the only glitch of the trip...the rest of it was amazing! The location of the resort was great, 5 mins to Disney. Having our own car was great, we had a quick ride everywhere and the blue diamond parking from AAA got us a very close spot at every park. The weather this trip was PERFECT, sunny and at least 75 everyday! It only rained once and it was while we were inside.

Getting engaged didn't hurt the trip either ;) It is one I will always remember, and all week we would walk by the spot where DF proposed and call it "our spot" :lovestruc

And finally, I am totally stealing this idea from Kristen, princess&her4princes, but she is a sweetheart so I am sure she won't mind! She did a top ten list from her trip on her TR and I decided it was a great idea. So here it is, the top ten highlights of our trip:

10. Shuffleboard! We felt like old people on a cruise ship :lmao: but we discovered this on our trip and it was so much fun! There were some serious tournaments going on in our family with this game.

9. No waits! The longest we waited in standby the entire week was 40 mins which was fine by us, but we had a few days where everything was a walk-on pretty much.

8. Riding TSM for the first time! I wondered if this ride would live up to all of the hype and it certainly did! We absolutely loved it!

7. Pre-ordering the photopass CD. A great idea learned about here on the boards of course, it was mom's Christmas gift from us kids and she loved it. The pictures came out great and it was the first time we got all of us in them! Such great momentos :cutie:

6. Mom being brave and getting on both ToT and Space Mountain. Growing up she never did many of the wilder rides, but for some reason as she gets older she loves them. Well, not so much ToT but she said she'll do Space every time from now on and it's great that she's not sitting out anymore.

5. My brother getting picked to be in the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. This was on his "must-do" list, it was really the only thing he was dying to do, and it happened! The whole thing was hilarious and he had so much fun.

4. Whispering Canyon Cafe! We love trying new restaurants, and this is one we will definitely revisit. The food was awesome, the place was so fun, and our server was great. It made for a great last night of the trip.

3. Engagement buttons and free dessert!
Everyone was so nice to DF and I, everywhere we went people were congratulating us and asking about our proposal story and to see my ring :flower3: The free cupcake we got at CP was also a nice perk, the yummiest one I've had in awhile!

2. Being together as a family! Cheesy, I know but now that we are all "grown up" and living away from home, it is nice to be together again for a week in our favorite place. My parents especially really enjoyed this.

1. The proposal! I think you guys probably guessed I'd put that as numero uno. And for obvious reasons :bride:

That's all folks!! Thanks again for reading, and if you haven't yet, coming say hi over at my new PTR!! :goodvibes

Hi!! Love your top ten list girlie! Especially that #1 was your engagement!! :lovestruc And I'm glad you liked the idea well enough to use it on your TR, it's a great way to end your TR, and recap things!! Thanks for sharing your special moments with us!!!! Loving your new PTR!!:goodvibes

Your top 10 is great! Of course the proposal is #1 !! I'm going to use this idea at the end of next report :goodvibes.

Thanks! I think your last TR is the first time I ever saw someone put in their final thoughts at the end and I remember thinking what a great idea it was! Poor DF, he can never trump the number one from this trip :laughing: Thanks for reading :)

Hi!! Love your top ten list girlie! Especially that #1 was your engagement!! :lovestruc And I'm glad you liked the idea well enough to use it on your TR, it's a great way to end your TR, and recap things!! Thanks for sharing your special moments with us!!!! Loving your new PTR!!:goodvibes

Thanks, and thanks for letting me steal your idea, it is such a good one! It definitely makes for a great ending! I think without a recap the TR is just not complete. You've been such a loyal reader and I so appreciate it :hug:

Love your top ten list! It's a great idea!

Thanks! It was harder than I thought to come up with ten things, I could go on forever! But I guess that just means it was a really good vacation :goodvibes

You should do one in the end of your TR!

After that I rode the teacups with DSis and DBro. We saw a couple on the ride being filmed by a camera crew. My dad, being a camerman himself, had to go ask what it was for and I guess it was something for the We channel? I wanna try and figure out what it is and when it's on. The people looked so miserable though! I'm thinking, you're at Disney and this is gonna be on TV, at least try and look happy!QUOTE]

It is actually a DISer you saw! Kashmir104 she had her wedding filmed for WE TV, it will air on March 8th (8pm I think)! Too funny!

I just read your whole TR and just wanted to say Congrats on your engagement!! Your ring is beautiful!

I actually live one town over from you, in Somers. Small world! DH and I love Disney so I understand being sad. We haven't been since May 2007 when I was pregnant with our daughter. We are hoping to go in Sept of this year for her second birthday.

After that I rode the teacups with DSis and DBro. We saw a couple on the ride being filmed by a camera crew. My dad, being a camerman himself, had to go ask what it was for and I guess it was something for the We channel? I wanna try and figure out what it is and when it's on. The people looked so miserable though! I'm thinking, you're at Disney and this is gonna be on TV, at least try and look happy!

The couple was being filmed for this special: http://www.wetv.com/we-go-bridal-week/programming/disney-s-dream-wedding

I only know because the couple was actually me and my husband.

Teacups.jpg

I thought we were fairly happy during the filming itself (although it was very squishy in a teacup with a camera man!), but we had also been up since 3:45am for a photo shoot in the AM, so that probably didn't help much. I tried to be happy, afterall Disney is my favorite place in the whole wide world!!!! :thumbsup2

She let the man propose already, and I couldn't be happier about it. She's the best person in the world and I couldn't imagine a better spot to do it. :hug: ;)

After that I rode the teacups with DSis and DBro. We saw a couple on the ride being filmed by a camera crew. My dad, being a camerman himself, had to go ask what it was for and I guess it was something for the We channel? I wanna try and figure out what it is and when it's on. The people looked so miserable though! I'm thinking, you're at Disney and this is gonna be on TV, at least try and look happy!QUOTE]

It is actually a DISer you saw! Kashmir104 she had her wedding filmed for WE TV, it will air on March 8th (8pm I think)! Too funny!

hahaha what a small world...no pun intended!

I just read your whole TR and just wanted to say Congrats on your engagement!! Your ring is beautiful!

I actually live one town over from you, in Somers. Small world! DH and I love Disney so I understand being sad. We haven't been since May 2007 when I was pregnant with our daughter. We are hoping to go in Sept of this year for her second birthday.

Hi! Wow you read the whole thing you are good! It is very cool to meet a Diser from nearby, that is very exciting! I hope you get to go this year!!

The couple was being filmed for this special: http://www.wetv.com/we-go-bridal-week/programming/disney-s-dream-wedding

I only know because the couple was actually me and my husband.

Teacups.jpg

I thought we were fairly happy during the filming itself (although it was very squishy in a teacup with a camera man!), but we had also been up since 3:45am for a photo shoot in the AM, so that probably didn't help much. I tried to be happy, afterall Disney is my favorite place in the whole wide world!!!! :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness, I would not be happy either if I had to be up that early! That is so cool that you got your wedding filmed!

I hope I didn't offend you, I didn't mean anything by the not looking happy comment, and a squishy tea cup wouldn't make me look too happy either! It definitely looked like not very comfortable seating arrangements! But I bet since it was your wedding you were having A LOT of fun!!

She let the man propose already, and I couldn't be happier about it. She's the best person in the world and I couldn't imagine a better spot to do it. :hug: ;)

Awww you are cute!! I'm so happy you are here :cutie:

Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us. How exciting to be proposed to in front of the Castle! DH & I honeymooned (sorry Disneymooned) in June 08. I am writing my TR on it currently. Check it out and maybe I can lend you some great ideas? We had a blast and I know you will too!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us. How exciting to be proposed to in front of the Castle! DH & I honeymooned (sorry Disneymooned) in June 08. I am writing my TR on it currently. Check it out and maybe I can lend you some great ideas? We had a blast and I know you will too!

Thanks for reading! It was so exciting! I will definitely head over and check out your TR I would love to pick up some ideas!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter