Just Keep Swimming - March 31-April 7, 2013 - Closing Thoughts (Updated 5/17)

My entire family is obsessed with DIsney! Hubby not so much!

Bummer !!

Luckily we live within 20 minutes of Disney World so I take the kids along with my extended family quite regularly!

Oh well ... that makes it MUCH better then ...:)

I don't think I've ever seen people working in the costume shop while on the Backlot Tour. That's pretty cool! While I won't cry for the loss of that tour, I will very much miss LMA when they get rid of it to build whatever is going to go there. I know I'm one of the few, but I really enjoy that show. It never gets old to me.

Personally I want to see that area plus Streets of America and the Muppets area gone and replaced with Star Wars! ( I have plan for the layout. PM me Disney Imagineers. I know you are trolling this message board!) The Muppet Show can occupy some of the space, but on the side bordering Pixar Place. I'd like to see Carsland remain special to DCA, but I won't cry if it comes to DHS. I suppose it is too popular for them to not attempt to bring it east. I just really want some more Star Wars!!

They have plenty of land, I don't see why we can't have both. HS needs more attractions !! And so does AK !!! I would love to see your plans. :hyper:

This is what my oldest granddaughter chose, as well. Definitely different than the normal puppies, kitties, and bears a child might have at home, huh?

I will be following along to enjoy your pictures. Disney pictures and Disney stories make Disney waits much easier - and sometimes harder, but easier at the same time. ;) Come on, June and December!

:welcome: MeMom !!! I am so happy you are here.

Well it was the only mammal in the Build-A-Dino line-up besides the mammoth, I think. She isn't into dinos so much.

I know what you mean. TR's really help me fill the space until our next trip as well.

Just getting caught up, you move so fast on your TR's! :rotfl2: I've been away from the DIS for a few days so I'm already behind!

BLT is beautiful, I loved the lobby, walking in, I thought I was in LOVE with BLT. But I don't know, something made me not like it as much as I thought! I love your actual villa though, we only had a studio and it felt so small. I liked the AKL studios so much better! I did enjoy the sliding doors at BLT though! :cool1:

I had no idea they had build a dino at TREX how cute! TREX is really good, but it was such a pain to check in!

Yay DHS, one of my favorite parks! I guess it's sad that they are getting rid of Backlot Tours, it reminds me of my trips from my childhood, but I'm excited to see what is going there! Carsland? Something Star Wars themed? Who knows, but DHS is definitely ready for an expansion! :banana:

Just getting caught up, you move so fast on your TR's! :rotfl2: I've been away from the DIS for a few days so I'm already behind!

BLT is beautiful, I loved the lobby, walking in, I thought I was in LOVE with BLT. But I don't know, something made me not like it as much as I thought! I love your actual villa though, we only had a studio and it felt so small. I liked the AKL studios so much better! I did enjoy the sliding doors at BLT though! :cool1:

I had no idea they had build a dino at TREX how cute! TREX is really good, but it was such a pain to check in!

Yay DHS, one of my favorite parks! I guess it's sad that they are getting rid of Backlot Tours, it reminds me of my trips from my childhood, but I'm excited to see what is going there! Carsland? Something Star Wars themed? Who knows, but DHS is definitely ready for an expansion! :banana:

I try to post an update every day if I can. Which the ankle injury, I don't get out much, so I might as well be on the DIS.

It is funny what you say about BLT and AKL, because we had the exact opposite experience. You will read about that later.

DD loved the Build-A-Dino, but I am not sure I want toe eat at T-Rex. I don't really like super loud restaurants and then you add the flashing lights ?? It is a migraine waiting to happen.

I agree that DHS needs something else. And a REALLY hope it is Cars Land. Or Star Wars .... or better yet ... both !!

Okey Dokey, all caught up...:thumbsup2

Your room at BLT is really very attractive...:goodvibes... and I love the look of the common areas in the Tower as well... & your room view is really pretty awesome...

Always do WPE (except for sit down-just tried Raglan Road last December and really liked that but you really can't beat WPE for counter service... yummy food...

hmm... I've always found that BaB and probably BaDino weren't too bad $ for the actually animal/creature... where the money really adds up is in the multitude of outfits and accessories they have for them...:rolleyes1

You survived the early morning rush to TSM? Good for you...:rotfl: I love that ride but that stampede in the mornings can be a little much...

You sounded like you got a lot done before lunch...

I REALLY hope that they put a Carsland in the Studios... That would be incredible...:cloud9:

Day 2  Part Three

So after exiting the Backlot Tour, we headed over to 50s Prime Time to see if they would take us early for our ADR, which was in an hour. I took photos on the way.

So we arrive at our destination and I went to the hostess stand and asked if we could check in early for our ADR. She said it was too early, but if we wanted to wait about 20-30 minutes we could just do that. So we decided to wait. She gave us a buzzer and before we even sat down, it was buzzing and they were calling our name. Well OK, then.

A few photos from lunch.

If you want to see a full review of our lunch, you can find that HERE.

After lunch, we headed back to the room to rest a bit. So we did that. And then the kids proclaimed that they were bored again and wanted to go to Blizzard Beach. And thanks to DVC and their fantastic discount on a premium annual pass, we have unlimited access. So going for just a couple of hours wasnt a big deal. So off we went.

I opted not to bother with my swimsuit and to just pick a space to hang out in the shade with our towels and stuff while everyone enjoyed the slides. I couldnt climb the stairs anyway, so that is what I did while we were there.

So I sat and read a book and people watched while DH and the kids hit the slides and all of that stuff. The weather was lovely and I actually had a few moments of quiet to myself that I quite enjoyed. So it turned out to be a good afternoon.

After that, we headed back to BLT and cleaned up and had a glass of wine on the balcony.

How cool that you're able to just pop in for a couple of hours to a waterpark. DVC got a smokin' deal on those passes!! Next time we go for a decent amount of time, I really need to take DD back to a waterpark. We still have four visits left on our tickets from 2006! She really enjoyed the waterparks.

How cool that you're able to just pop in for a couple of hours to a waterpark. DVC got a smokin' deal on those passes!! Next time we go for a decent amount of time, I really need to take DD back to a waterpark. We still have four visits left on our tickets from 2006! She really enjoyed the waterparks.

Come with us in September !!

I am pretty sure that you sent me the link about those passes. Best deal from Disney I ever got.

I'll be happy to see the Backlot Tour go. They ruined it when they took away the homes IMO. LMA was good to see one or two times but I hate that whole area now. Carsland would be awesome there, but anything is better than what they have now.

We like the water parks a lot. It's not something I care to do every visit, but since we have the WP AP's right now I feel like we need to use them so we get our monies worth out of 'em. (Another reason I moved that Sept/Oct trip back to August)

I like your DD's ideas for breakfast... Mickey Bar and popcorn. Sounds good to me! :thumbsup2

Looks like a nice morning at DHS, and fun at the waterpark! :thumbsup2

Okey Dokey, all caught up...:thumbsup2

Cool :cool1:

Your room at BLT is really very attractive...:goodvibes... and I love the look of the common areas in the Tower as well... & your room view is really pretty awesome...

We REALLY loved it there. It was very hard to leave.

Always do WPE (except for sit down-just tried Raglan Road last December and really liked that but you really can't beat WPE for counter service... yummy food...

WPE never disappoints us, so we will keep going for sure.

hmm... I've always found that BaB and probably BaDino weren't too bad $ for the actually animal/creature... where the money really adds up is in the multitude of outfits and accessories they have for them...:rolleyes1

Truth

You survived the early morning rush to TSM? Good for you...:rotfl: I love that ride but that stampede in the mornings can be a little much...

To tell the truth, that was the earliest FP time we ever got - on SPRING BREAK no less. :rotfl:

You sounded like you got a lot done before lunch...

We did. Which is the beauty of making rope drop at EMH. We were done by lunch with what we wanted to do and then we were out of there before the crowds descended.

I REALLY hope that they put a Carsland in the Studios... That would be incredible...:cloud9:

It really would. I hope that rumor is TRUE.

I'll be happy to see the Backlot Tour go. They ruined it when they took away the homes IMO. LMA was good to see one or two times but I hate that whole area now. Carsland would be awesome there, but anything is better than what they have now.

Carsland ... I want it.

We like the water parks a lot. It's not something I care to do every visit, but since we have the WP AP's right now I feel like we need to use them so we get our monies worth out of 'em. (Another reason I moved that Sept/Oct trip back to August)

Come with us !!!

Great pics! :)

Thanks !!!

I like your DD's ideas for breakfast... Mickey Bar and popcorn. Sounds good to me! :thumbsup2

Looks like a nice morning at DHS, and fun at the waterpark! :thumbsup2

All she eats is junk. We have to try really hard to get healthy food into the child. But when we are vacation, we let her eat what she wants.

We had a great day - a great week actually.

Finally signed up after months of lurking. Figured I would subscribe since your trip reports were ones that kept me coming back! Your son has grown up so quickly recently.

Finally signed up after months of lurking. Figured I would subscribe since your trip reports were ones that kept me coming back! Your son has grown up so quickly recently.

:welcome" Thanks so much for taking the time to stop in and say hello !!

I am so glad that my TR's help you. They help me, too. They help me pass the time until our next trip. They help the Disney Depression when I get back and they provide me with an online scrapbook of sorts.

I know !! He is growing so fast. I am always buying him new clothes and shoes because he has outgrown something. Sometimes I wish time would stop !!

Day 2 Part Four

After our great morning at HS and our fun afternoon at Blizzard Beach, we headed back to BLT for a shower and a glass of wine. For dinner we decided to head over to the Polynesian and eat at Captain Cooks for dinner.

We made our way across the skybridge and hopped on a monorail over to the Poly.

We headed down to Captain Cooks and had dinner and some yummy Dole Whips. If you want to read a full dining review, you can find that HERE.

Some photos from dinner.

After dinner we looked in the gift shops at stuff. I love the gift shops at the Poly.

DD got some cookies with her money.

When we got back to BLT, we headed up to the Top of the World lounge to see Wishes.

Then we headed over to the other side of the lounge and watch the Electrical Water Parade.

After that, we headed back down to the room and went to bed.

Wow, you are flying through your TR...you are putting mine to shame! LOL.

Yay for the Prime Time! We ate there too for dinner on Thursday night. Love the pictures of Wishes from the Top of the World Lounge. It was really cool up there. Bummer we couldn't have met. :( Ahhh we never saw the EWP! I did see little parts of it a couple of times but not the whole thing. I guess I'll have to go back (it's been a couple years since I last saw that parade!).

Wow, you are flying through your TR...you are putting mine to shame! LOL.

Yay for the Prime Time! We ate there too for dinner on Thursday night. Love the pictures of Wishes from the Top of the World Lounge. It was really cool up there. Bummer we couldn't have met. :( Ahhh we never saw the EWP! I did see little parts of it a couple of times but not the whole thing. I guess I'll have to go back (it's been a couple years since I last saw that parade!).

Keep in mind that I am still recovering from a very bad ankle injury and I don't get out much. The TR keeps me busy and somewhat connected to the world. Besides, I just love doing them and reliving our trip every day. I do work a full time job, but I basically just get up in the morning, take the kids to school, go to work, eat lunch at work and come home. I used to play tennis, but I can't do that right now. To tell the truth, it has been very hard and quite depressing. But I will get though it. I am better, but the healing is very slow.

I am bummed we didn't meet. I am seriously kicking myself for not meeting you now. Dang it !! Next time !!!

Top of the World was really cool. I wish I had spent more time there, too. Got some food and ordered a drink. Dang again !!

I just love the EWP. It is so simple, but so happy. We rushed out to the balcony every night when we heard the music for it. Just delightful.

It's going to take me a bit to completely catch up, but I really enjoyed your last two updates.

Dennis the Menace - wow - that takes me back.

Love your DD's swim suit. That is so cute!

Glad you enjoyed your impromptu visit to BB. I think that PAP is going to spoil me for sure! :laughing:

It's going to take me a bit to completely catch up, but I really enjoyed your last two updates.

Dennis the Menace - wow - that takes me back.

Love your DD's swim suit. That is so cute!

Glad you enjoyed your impromptu visit to BB. I think that PAP is going to spoil me for sure! :laughing:

We are really loving the PAP !! I hope DVC gets another great ticket discount this year !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter