Just Keep Swimming - March 31-April 7, 2013 - Closing Thoughts (Updated 5/17)

That lady sounded obnoxious. Nothing like ruining it for the little ones but it sounds like it didn’t but still.

She was really a piece of work.

We skipped Russell and Dug and I regret it. Nice pics.

We had a great interaction with them.

I love the pool at Jambo and the gym there has the best sauna and steam room.

Oh man, I didn't think to check out the sauna.

Great animal pics. The camp fire looked like fun.

DD loves a campfire and some S'mores !!

I have never seen a park opening. Maybe one day.

Well if you don't go when it is crowded, it really doesn't matter much.

Fun times at MK.
Sad you are now leaving.

Always sad when you have to leave

I would rather not play the crowd war. LOL

I would rather not either, but I feel so triumphant to have mastered the crowds.

Sounds like Vinny complaining about every little penny.

He is seriously the worst bean counter. It can really ruin a vacation for a dinner out.

It was a great report. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks for following along, Scott !!

Can i just say how happy I am that I am finally reading your TR after my vacation? I am so happy to see your AKL pictures because I just booked AKL for our 7 night trip in July!! I am sooo happy. I have been looking at pics nonstop. We are doing 3 nights at POP then 4 nights at AKL. Your view gives me hope for our view. We just booked a standard view. I don't really care about the view but anything besides the parking lot would be better I guess.

I am so excited because the only deluxe i have stayed at was Saratoga and that was before I was so disney obsessed.

Can i just say how happy I am that I am finally reading your TR after my vacation? I am so happy to see your AKL pictures because I just booked AKL for our 7 night trip in July!! I am sooo happy. I have been looking at pics nonstop. We are doing 3 nights at POP then 4 nights at AKL. Your view gives me hope for our view. We just booked a standard view. I don't really care about the view but anything besides the parking lot would be better I guess.

I am so excited because the only deluxe i have stayed at was Saratoga and that was before I was so disney obsessed.

YAY for AKL in July !! I hope you get a good view, too. We were really happy with ours since it was standard. We were in a really good location, too. I have heard people complain about being real far down the hall. We had a room like that at the Boardwalk. Anyway, you will be at Animal Kingdom so that will be wonderful. I can't wait to read about your trip.

Susan

Alright, time for my closing thoughts!

Your spring break crowd report gives me hope for my trip! We are going 4th of july weekend and my boyfriend is worried about the crowds. I hope it won't be too bad. We will get up early and have a plan too! I just hope it isn't unbearable. We will try to have lunch in the middle of the day to get a break from the heat.

Question- does the mickey waffles at the Mara taste like the mickey waffles at restaurants? I loved the mickey waffles at chef mickeys and now I am craving them!

I love the dining plan too but I added it up for our trip and we wouldn't be saving any money! And that is with Ohana, Chef Mickeys Breakfast, Boma Dinner, and Tusker House! It is because of that darn $4 surcharge for peak season! I think we might end up getting Tables In Wonderland.

Looking forward to your next trip as well! When is it??

Alright, time for my closing thoughts!

Your spring break crowd report gives me hope for my trip! We are going 4th of july weekend and my boyfriend is worried about the crowds. I hope it won't be too bad. We will get up early and have a plan too! I just hope it isn't unbearable. We will try to have lunch in the middle of the day to get a break from the heat.

You will definitely want to take a break in the middle of the day. I know it is hard but get up early and use EMH in the morning.

Question- does the mickey waffles at the Mara taste like the mickey waffles at restaurants? I loved the mickey waffles at chef mickeys and now I am craving them!

They taste just the same. I like the little ones better, but the big one at the Mara was just as good. I am certain they use the same recipe

I love the dining plan too but I added it up for our trip and we wouldn't be saving any money! And that is with Ohana, Chef Mickeys Breakfast, Boma Dinner, and Tusker House! It is because of that darn $4 surcharge for peak season! I think we might end up getting Tables In Wonderland.

If you are not getting the dining plan, I HIGHLY recommend you get TIW. I mean you will save 20% on everything. How can you pass that up ?? It will pay for itself on your trip and you will still save money.

Looking forward to your next trip as well! When is it??

98 more days !!! YAY !!!

For realz, girl !! Where you been ?? Hope you have a great trip !!!

Working 2 jobs is kicking my butt big time, but since the ole' 2nd job did win me this trip to WDW tomorrow with a stay at the Grand Floridian ((!! Theme Park View too :eek: ) I think I'll stick with it.

Just finished up. As always love your TR! Your DD is really growing up, she is getting tall and slimmer every trip report, she is like a little woman. Mine has shot up like a weed and I barely recognize her from week to week. It's amazing how much they change so fast.

BTW the blue/gray WDW rain jacket you have, so do I. I wish I'd bougth 40 of them everytime I wear it people ask where I got it and I've had offers to buy it off me before!

Working 2 jobs is kicking my butt big time, but since the ole' 2nd job did win me this trip to WDW tomorrow with a stay at the Grand Floridian ((!! Theme Park View too :eek: ) I think I'll stick with it.

That is awesome !! I would sooo love to stay there. Post some photos for us !!

Just finished up. As always love your TR! Your DD is really growing up, she is getting tall and slimmer every trip report, she is like a little woman. Mine has shot up like a weed and I barely recognize her from week to week. It's amazing how much they change so fast.

She really is growing super fast. She wears the same size shoe that I do.

BTW the blue/gray WDW rain jacket you have, so do I. I wish I'd bougth 40 of them everytime I wear it people ask where I got it and I've had offers to buy it off me before!

I love that jacket. We got it for ten dollars back in September 2010. It was one of those purchase with purchase deals. I love how it folds up into that little pouch so nice and neat. I always have it with us when we go.

Day 2 Part Three

So after exiting the Backlot Tour, we headed over to 50s Prime Time to see if they would take us early for our ADR, which was in an hour. I took photos on the way.

So we arrive at our destination and I went to the hostess stand and asked if we could check in early for our ADR. She said it was too early, but if we wanted to wait about 20-30 minutes we could just do that. So we decided to wait. She gave us a buzzer and before we even sat down, it was buzzing and they were calling our name. Well OK, then.

A few photos from lunch.

If you want to see a full review of our lunch, you can find that HERE.

After lunch, we headed back to the room to rest a bit. So we did that. And then the kids proclaimed that they were bored again and wanted to go to Blizzard Beach. And thanks to DVC and their fantastic discount on a premium annual pass, we have unlimited access. So going for just a couple of hours wasnt a big deal. So off we went.

I opted not to bother with my swimsuit and to just pick a space to hang out in the shade with our towels and stuff while everyone enjoyed the slides. I couldnt climb the stairs anyway, so that is what I did while we were there.

So I sat and read a book and people watched while DH and the kids hit the slides and all of that stuff. The weather was lovely and I actually had a few moments of quiet to myself that I quite enjoyed. So it turned out to be a good afternoon.

After that, we headed back to BLT and cleaned up and had a glass of wine on the balcony.
Cant wait to try the prime time cafe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter