Just Keep Swimming - March 31-April 7, 2013 - Closing Thoughts (Updated 5/17)

Well, we need a to plan for you guys to stay a couple of nights with us sometime. You know, get a 2 bedroom. I am serious. DD's new dream is stay in a grand villa. I imagine the points for those are crazy !!

Anytime! Grand Villa, huh? Well if you're going t o dream, dream big. My dream is the castle suite. If I have to marry Jonas to make it happen, so be it.

Anytime! Grand Villa, huh? Well if you're going t o dream, dream big. My dream is the castle suite. If I have to marry Jonas to make it happen, so be it.

Yeah .... that would be awesome !! Staying in the castle suite, I mean not marrying Jonas whoever that is .....LOL

Their food is OK, but their restaurants are always dirty.
That might be the best description of Waffle House, ever! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

I'm glad you like your room so much at BLT. I'd love to stay there or the Contemporary sometime just to have that proximity to the MK. :thumbsup2

That room looks very nice. I thought about renting points for my trip in December but I don't think that is going to happen. I like to have some control over my reservation. I am going to have to decide soon. BLT was on my list though.

Hello! :wave2: Looks like a fun report, I'm joining in!

:welcome: thanks for joining !!!

That might be the best description of Waffle House, ever! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

I'm glad you like your room so much at BLT. I'd love to stay there or the Contemporary sometime just to have that proximity to the MK. :thumbsup2

I know, right ???

BLT was awesome and it was so nice to be so close. We just went over for dinner and then one night just for shopping on Main Street. Being so close made it possible just to spend a couple of hours and leave. It was really nice.

That room looks very nice. I thought about renting points for my trip in December but I don't think that is going to happen. I like to have some control over my reservation. I am going to have to decide soon. BLT was on my list though.

I rented points once. It was a very positive experience. I highly recommend it.

Yeah .... that would be awesome !! Staying in the castle suite, I mean not marrying Jonas whoever that is .....LOL

I mean "a Jonas." I'm too old and my eyes are too bad to be responding to posts on an ipad! LOL! Kevin is already taken, so I guess it'll have to be Joe. Nick is just too young.

I mean "a Jonas." I'm too old and my eyes are too bad to be responding to posts on an ipad! LOL! Kevin is already taken, so I guess it'll have to be Joe. Nick is just too young.

Yeah, I though that was what you meant. But ............I dunno. They just don't do it for me. Hugh Jackman is my kinda man. You think they would let him stay in the castle suite ???

Day 1 - Part Two

After getting all of our belongings situated, DD wanted to go to Downtown Disney. She had a gift card burning a hole in her pocket and she wanted to spend it. So off we went.

View from the window outside the bank of elevators.

DSC06434_zps315a3aa8.jpg

DSC06435_zpsaa141b85.jpg

DD wanted to go to Build-A-Dino first and get a stuffed animal. Because &. you know &.. she doesnt have enough of THOSE. Build  A  Dino is just like Build-A-Bear and is located inside the T-Rex restaurant.

DSC06436_zps17c24569.jpg

DSC06437_zpsab950d06.jpg

DSC06438_zps3cdbbe3a.jpg

This is the animal she chose. It is a Tasmanian Wolf. Whatever that is.

DSC06439_zps8fde44ba.jpg

Here are the animals you could chose from

DSC06440_zpse5940d52.jpg

Here is the stuffing machine

DSC06441_zps937c6f72.jpg

Here are a bunch of clothes you can buy for your animal

DSC06442_zps510faf4b.jpg

DSC06445_zps79df79d7.jpg

There was some really cute stuff.

Our turn to get some stuffing

DSC06444_zps093d8826.jpg

DD giving her animal a bath

DSC06446_zpse326d690.jpg

Then you get a birth certificate

DSC06447_zps210e10b7.jpg

She really enjoyed her experience here and she was able to use a $10 coupon she had gotten from the Build-A-Bear back home.
She got some shoes and some glasses as well

DSC06449_zps1d39773b.jpg

She was also able to use her Disney gift card. It ended up costing about $30. I cant remember if that was before or after her $10 coupon though.

After that we looked around in World of Disney

DSC06448_zps06376ce3.jpg

I bought a box of 4  500 piece puzzles.

DSC06454_zpsec3cd207.jpg

We looked around some more at some other shops but didnt buy anything else. For lunch we decided to eat at Wolfgang Puck Express.
Here are a few photos from our meal.

DSC06451_zps0fdb55ef.jpg

DSC06455_zpsc67e74a1.jpg

DSC06456_zpsf5357437.jpg

I give a full review on my Dining Review thread here. After lunch, DD was dying to swim, so we headed back to Bay Lake.

Build-a-dino? I had no idea, lol.

I love Disney puzzles and we always seem to have one going here :)

Cool, build a dino! I didn't know there was such a thing.
My mom loves puzzles, I've never seen those ones before! I'll have to keep my eyes open, they'd make a great Christmas present!

Build-a-dino? I had no idea, lol.

I love Disney puzzles and we always seem to have one going here :)

I didn't either until about a year ago. DD sniffed it out, though. She loves her stuffed animals. We are having a garage sale this weekend where I hope to get rid of some of her pile. She has WAAAAAYYY too many !!!

I love puzzles, too and since I got hurt, it gives me something to do since I can't play tennis.

Cool, build a dino! I didn't know there was such a thing.
My mom loves puzzles, I've never seen those ones before! I'll have to keep my eyes open, they'd make a great Christmas present!

Yep. Build-A-Dino right there in T-Rex. It is a nice little experience. There were children of all ages in there. They have some cute dinos, too.

These puzzles are so pretty. I can't wait to get started on one. I need to use the puzzle table for a garage sale this weekend, so after that, I can get one going. I just love the Thomas Kinkade ones. I have the one with Cinderellas castle that is 1000 pieces. I just love it. That scene is the wallpaper on my computer.

I love the Build-a-dino!! One of our little wedding guests made a pink dino on that trip and brought it to the wedding - so cute! And $30 seems like a good price. I love your puzzles - Thomas Kinkade does some amazing work.

This is the animal she chose. It is a Tasmanian Wolf. Whatever that is.
I thought it sounded like something made up. I googled it and it is actually a thing. You know, since the internet knows all and never lies, I have to believe it now. :rotfl2::lmao:

Nothing beats a mean, carnivorous animal wearing pink flip flops and sunglasses. :rotfl2: I'm glad she enjoyed building her Tasmanian Wolf. :thumbsup2

Yeah, I though that was what you meant. But ............I dunno. They just don't do it for me. Hugh Jackman is my kinda man. You think they would let him stay in the castle suite ???

Oooo..I had forgotten about the Marvel folks now being part of the Disney family. In that case, I'm kicking Joe to the curb for Mark Ruffalo.

I love the Build-a-dino!! One of our little wedding guests made a pink dino on that trip and brought it to the wedding - so cute! And $30 seems like a good price. I love your puzzles - Thomas Kinkade does some amazing work.

Sadly, he passed away about a year ago. I love his stuff, too. I have several of his other puzzles that are not Disney.

I thought it sounded like something made up. I googled it and it is actually a thing. You know, since the internet knows all and never lies, I have to believe it now. :rotfl2::lmao:

Nothing beats a mean, carnivorous animal wearing pink flip flops and sunglasses. :rotfl2: I'm glad she enjoyed building her Tasmanian Wolf. :thumbsup2

It is the truth if it is on the internet ... isn't it ?? :lmao::rotfl:

That last sentence made me LOL. Too funny !! She insisted on naming it some girly name like Savannah or some such. Also, we are to understand that this wolf is most certainly female. DD has NO male stuffed animals.

Joining in! :)

:welcome: Thanks for coming over the DR !! Glad to have you !!!

Oooo..I had forgotten about the Marvel folks now being part of the Disney family. In that case, I'm kicking Joe to the curb for Mark Ruffalo.

Um .... YEAH !! When is Disney going to revoke Universal's permission to use it, I wonder .....

Hidden Mickey on the brownie!

I love the Thomas Kinkade paintings. We spent a lot of time looking at them at the Thomas Kinkade gallery in Savannah. There are more Disney painting there than in the one in Gatlinburg.

I see that hidden Mickey !!!

His stuff is so beautiful and peaceful. I just love it.

Um .... YEAH !! When is Disney going to revoke Universal's permission to use it, I wonder .....

They'd have to buy out the agreement Universal Orlando has with Marvel. I guess there isn't a quick enough ROI on buying out the agreement and then developing attractions for WDW versus just letting the agreement run its course and collecting what ever licensing fees they get. However, they can develop Marvel attractions for Disneyland, so I think they should put Marvel area out there, and a Star Wars land at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter